[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play MMO >YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE >surrounded by hundreds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1355520174175.gif (3MB, 390x357px) Image search: [Google]
1355520174175.gif
3MB, 390x357px
>play MMO
>YOU ARE THE CHOSEN ONE
>surrounded by hundreds or thousands of chosen ones
>mfw
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (86KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
86KB, 1440x1080px
>WoW
>started out with "you are some random traveller who got caught up in some very odd shit and with dumb luck managed to get shit done with a bunch of other retards"
>fast forward
>"YOU ARE SUPREME COMMANDER LIEUTNANT KING OF ALL NIGGERS OUR ONLY HOPE HELP US BY ASSEMBLING A PARTY TO BANISH EVIL!"
>>
Meanwhile back in Star Wars Galaxies, you were just some fucking dipshit fresh off a space station that could be as much of an important or forgettable person as you wanted

Be a bounty hunter or moisture farmer, who gives a shit
>>
>>389444331
I dropped Black Desert because of this. Just couldn't stomach it.
>>389444515
Tried to get into the private server of that but just couldn't do it. Feels bad man
>>
>>389444067
>>389444331
That's why in WoW in all raids last bosses are usually killed not by YOUR MAJESTY SUPERHERO VASYA228XXXPR0XXX, but by some Tirion/Kenarius/etc, and all 10-to-25 hobos are just assisting in that.
>>
>>389444331
>>389444331
and?
thats how things progress everywhere, anime, games, life
you start as pleb and work your way up, reaching bosshood

or it makes more sense for you that soldiers that have managed to kill old gods, lich king, dragon of death etc. are still supposed to be random plebs that go around slaying pigs to gather their asses?
yeye, we kinda do but thats because how game questing works
>>
>>389444762
That's only for continuity. They bring back entities that have died a lot and they need to cement how that death occurred. 90% of the game is stroking your dick. Vanilla had you start off as a murder hobo but you've gradually earned acclaim to the point that cosmic beings have taken notice of you in the current expansion. Even TBC painted you as a basically Rambo.
>>
>>389444067
>play mmo
>you're an adventurer nothing special
>slay rats and gather herbs for the rest of your life
>>
>>389444515
who else had the swg demo disc with their Star Wars Best of PC??
>>
>>389446535
>just like real life
>>
>>389444532
Black Desert got a story?
Now I'm gonna update and play it because of you. Forgot I kind of like the game.
>>
>>389446698
My point is at one point you will have collected enough herbs to grow a notoriety and maybe even save the town from famine. It simply makes sense for that town to call you a hero. If you keep doing heroic deeds you'll end up being the hero of the kindom until you're tasked with defeating the evil because you're the best person anyone knows. The only way for that kind of story to progress is in an upward snowballing until you're jesus himself, or satan incarnate. It makes no sense in a world to kill big threats all the time without anybody recognizing your worth ever.
The opposite is a guy that does nothing but mop the floor, what an interesting game.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.