[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Sonic Mania steam owners willing to share their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 37

File: sonicmania00_0.png (535KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
sonicmania00_0.png
535KB, 848x480px
Are there any Sonic Mania steam owners willing to share their experience with denuvo? I'm on the fence if I want to buy the game for PC, or if I want to pirate it.

I honestly don't care about the morality of DRM. i just want to know if it has any negative effects on the performance of the game or my system. I don't have any experience with denuvo, so I don't know what it's like.
>>
>>389422179
It causes me to lag really bad
>>
>>389422179
One time I played I wasn't able to jump (but able to walk/run) so I had to restart the game and the zone I was playing. I'm not sure if the console version had this problem but for the most part nothing is wrong with the pc version
>>
>>389422179
My GPU is dead so i'm basically playing it naked
I press the "Play" button on the steam page, then the game opens and i start playing it
After i'm done playing it i click in the X button 'cause i'm playing windowed so i don't have to press alt+f4, though sometimes i do prss alt+f4 on instinct
>>
The crack is out now. Don't even bother buying. Just pirate it.

But one of the games I actually had at one point used Denuvo. It was lagging a lot and even though I was online it kept saying I was offline so I couldn't even play the game I owned.
>>
>>389422418
Why would I pirate it, just because it's cracked? I need a better reason than that.
>>
>>389422558
Why waste money on something you can get for free and without terrible DRM?
>>
>>389422179

No issues.
>>
I haven't had any issues, denuvo doesn't generally affect performance
>>
I have a toaster computer with integrated graphics and I haven't noticed any slowdown. The first special stage has some framerate dips but its the same in the console version (which I played first)
>>
>>389422641
To support something that brings me enjoyment.
>>
>>389422641
To support future projects like this? Its called voting with your wallet? The DRM thing is complete aids, but I want Sega to know i'm willing to pay for more content like this.
>>
>>389422751
I never said that you shouldn't buy the console version, I just said that the PC version has Denuvo and it's easier just to pirate it than support bad business practices.
>>
>>389422179

Denuvo did absolutely nothing, and it's only poor autistic faggots from 3rd world countries that are complaining about it. Tbh, they should kill themselves.
>>
>>389422836
Well anon, you're not wrong.
>>
>>389422179
I'm playing it on a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 that has a shit Atom with only 2 GBs of RAM, and the game works fine for me. This game isn't much of a resource hog, and Denuvo doesn't tack on much, at least for me.
>>
Just buy the game and get the cracked version anyway. Enjoy your game, with none of the guilt and having to deal with Denuvo.
>>
>>389422836
>>389422880
The reason I started this thread, was to understand if denuvo was really a "bad business practice".

I googled around first, and most of the complaints about denuvo I've seen were "you have to always play online", and "It degrades the performance of my game".
Well Sonic Mania doesn't need to be online to play. And I began to doubt the performance claims after reading some rebuttals.

So if denuvo isn't actually getting in the way of my enjoyment, then how can I say it's bad business practice?
>>
>>389422179
sometimes the music disappears and it takes a bit to load between zones whether or not that's due to denuvo I'm not sure but they're problems
>>
>>389423187
>having to deal with Denuvo.
What are some examples of having to deal with denuvo?
>>
>>389422179
20 hours on the steam version here, if i didn't hear it had denuvo beforehand i wouldn't know it was there
>>
>>389423404
music disappearing is a bug in the game, had it happen multiple times on PS4
>>
No negative performance whatsoever. Game is locked at 60fps regardless.
>>
>>389422751
>To support future projects like this?
They are going to keep making Sonic games until you're well into your 60s. You have nothing to worrry about.
>>
The only correct course of action right now:
-Pirate it
-If Sega removes denuvo, buy it
>>
zero lag with the new cracked version, i imagine it's not going to require a beefy computer just to play a modern sonic 2d though

i'll shill it by saying it's literally perfect so far though, imo (halfway in the game)
>>
File: 1375668927500.jpg (48KB, 581x334px) Image search: [Google]
1375668927500.jpg
48KB, 581x334px
>>389422740
>buy the game
>but play using the crack
ez
>>
File: 1391737887912.jpg (114KB, 931x641px) Image search: [Google]
1391737887912.jpg
114KB, 931x641px
I wouldn't even know it had Denuvo unless you told me to be honest senpai. It only impacts people who are up to no good
>>
>>389423670
This. And never pre-order anything Sega ever again, no matter how good it looks.

>>389423749
All Sega knows is that you bought it. You're telling them it's okay.
>>
>>389423790
Actually, ironically, denuvo drm only affects people who have bought the game.
>>
>>389423352
>most of the complaints about denuvo I've seen were "you have to always play online", and "It degrades the performance of my game". Well Sonic Mania doesn't need to be online to play

Pretty sure for a week straight, there was complaints about not being able to play it because it said they were offline. That lone is a pretty huge red flag.
>>
>>389423826
shit dude, if the price to make sonic good again is supporting denuvo, then lube me up for that corporate cock
>>
>>389422751
Buying it also lets Sega know that you're okay with more DRM.
>>
>>389423940
This has been fixed. The trolls of /v/ are trying to push a narrative that Denuvo has completely ruined Mania and its just false
>>
File: 1504040640904.jpg (133KB, 683x534px) Image search: [Google]
1504040640904.jpg
133KB, 683x534px
>>389423352
>Well Sonic Mania doesn't need to be online to play.
That wasn't true when the game came out.

Denuvo is a bad business practice because it got the game delayed for 2 weeks yet took less than one week to crack while inconveniencing legit purchasers by forcing them to be online before they fixed it.

>>389423417
Pic related
>>
>>389424461
>This has been fixed
Not an excuse. Also nobody said Denuvo completely ruined mania. Just that the game is worse with it than without.

The trolls of /v/ are trying to push a narrative that Denuvo is perfectly ok and there's nothing wrong with DRM or else you're a piratefag.
>>
>>389422740
>>389422751
You're also letting Sega know you support DRM. Voting with your wallet works both ways.
>>
>>389424678
DRM has nothing to do with buyers, its fully an outcome of pirates being degenerates.
>>
>>389424481
It's Denuvos fault Sega waited until the very last minute to add it in?
>>
>>389424757
So you support punishing paying customers. I'd say that you're the degenerate.
>>
>>389424762
This is a hot meme going around. It got delayed because there were a lot of bugs. Even on launch day lots of gamepads were unrecognized, crashing was frequent and you couldn't alt tab from the game. All of which has sense been fixed.
>>
>>389424058
If that's all you care for just buy a PS4 or Xbone code. Just remember Nintendo's shit online infrastructure is why the delay happened.
>>
>>389423940
>>389424591
From what I've gathered, the always online requirement was a *bug* that they fixed. It wasn't intended to be that way with denuvo.

>Just that the game is worse with it than without.
I'm not finding compelling evidence that supports this. From what's been expressed in this thread, there are a few bugs that *might* be from denuvo. Or they're probably just random bugs. A couple bug claims have already been noted occurring on console as well.

So far, I have no reason to think denuvo will degrade my experience with the game. But I'm still open to persuasion, if someone comes up with compelling evidence.
>>
>>389425097
I'd want to protect my product if I was in their shoes and denuvo has no negative impact on the player in the case of Sonic
>>
Pirate it and buy a console version.

>>389425153
>Just remember Nintendo's shit online infrastructure is why the delay happened.

Why would something to do with Nintendo delay exclusively the PC version? They were just adding the DRM.
>>
>>389424481
I'm thinking of purchasing the game now. Not back when these things were an issue.
>>
I've owned a few Denuvo games, it's completely unobtrusive. Sonic Mania runs smooth as fuck regardless.
>>
>>389425234
They decided for it hours after that fat retarded kike managed to break the street date just from buying a Switch collector's edition and activating the code 5 days away from release.
>>
>>389424762
It's Sega's fault for delaying the game to implement Denuvo. Using Denuvo is bad business practice.
>>389425260
Do whatever the hell you want. Just don't pretend Denuvo is somehow not bad or that people are somehow wrong for not wanting it.
>>
The whole fact of the matter is that /v/ is greatly overinflating the whole situation.

The only actual argument against denuvo in sonic mania is that it require online, something that wouldn't even affect more than a very tiny minority, for about a day before they patched it out.
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51KB, 685x567px) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51KB, 685x567px
>>389425469
>People upset you can't play online
>But... they had to have online to buy it on steam
>>
>>389425454
It is not bad. Unless you're a thief it isn't bad and I won't say people arent wrong for not wanting it, but they sure as fuck are wrong for pretending it's so much of a bigger deal than it is.
>>
>>389422751
Plenty enough people will buy this Sonic game and future Sonic games regardless of content for Sega to make money.
>>
>>389425454
>Do whatever the hell you want. Just don't pretend Denuvo is somehow not bad or that people are somehow wrong for not wanting it.
Like I stated in OP, I'm not concerned about the morality of DRM. Because that kind of sentiment muddies the bottom line. The bottom line is this: does denuvo get in the way of my enjoyment by forcing me to stay online, or degrading my performance? So far, it appears the answer is no.

So how can you tell me that there are things I have to deal with? What are the things I have to deal with?
>>
>>389425181
>the always online requirement was a *bug* that they fixed. It wasn't intended to be that way with denuvo.

You can rationalize it howerver you want and come up with all the excuses in the world. Fact is the always online check showed a custom message that doesn't show up when trying to play any other game offline unless it has Denuvo. Without Denuvo the always online """"bug"""" wouldn't have been there to begin with.

>>Just that the game is worse with it than without.
>I'm not finding compelling evidence that supports this.
The fact is the game is playable offline and more moddable without it proves it. Sorry if that's not compelling enough for you. If you want to pay money for "random bugs" go right ahead. I don't care if you are personally persuaded.
>>
>>389425181

You'll be fine. The Denuvo used in Mania is already severely defanged and it doesn't amount to much of anything.
Performance hitches only show up if your machine it a super toaster, or if the game is really taxing.

It's shitty how they hid they were using it, but it's relatively worthless DRM anyway.
>>
>>389425603
>people upset they can't have steak
>But... they were in a grocery store once
Shut the fuck up about it being a food analogy. It's actually true this time.
>>
>>389425797
Its actually not
>>
>>389425703
Denuvo does LITERALLY nothing.
The game is playable offline without it. It's literally a unobtrusive, non entity in playing the game. It does literally nothing. If anyone pirates the game because of an aspect in the paid game that doesnt hinder you in anyway, then just come out and say you want to pirate it all along.
>>
>>389425627
Denuvo DRM is bad and the "thief" isn't affected by it since they can play the game for free without restrictions or performance issues. Only people who bought the game on PC get fucked over, and you're sure as fuck wrong in pretending it's stealing or that pirates are the only ones affected.
>>
>>389425725
>The fact is the game is playable offline and more moddable without it proves it.

Game's playable offline now (though no one seems to determine if it's a lease or not) and the game is moddable anyway because none of the game files are in the exe, but where the engine files are housed.

Try again, man.
>>
>>389425916
No, it actually is, fucking dumbass.
>"if you were online once, then you are definitely online always."
Not everyone lives in a basement, chode.
>>
>>389425725
Even assuming the always online bug was due to poor implementation of denuvo. The fact remains that they fixed it. So now I don't have to play online if I don't want to.
And I have no intention to mod the game.
And I can't just assume there will be random bugs in the future.
>>
>>389425703
You already knew the answer to your own question, so it's pretty obvious you're just bating out an argument in order to defend Denuvo and say it dindu nuffin.
>>
>>389425703
Past games such as Syberia III have been confirmed to run slower with longer loading with Denuvo than without. It took getting the crack to compare and learn that. Sonic Mania just got cracked so I haven't heard the latest breaking news on it and can't say for certain for this one specific instance, but Denuvo hindering games is a thing.
>>
>>389425918
>Denuvo does LITERALLY nothing.
Try to play your game offline without connecting to steam after a month.
Try to mod the game using more than just the raw files by accessing the .exe.
>>
>>389424757
>DRM has nothing to do with buyers,
Except for not letting them play the game offline until sega changed it due to backlash.
But please keep whining about muh degeneracy for your corporate overlords.
>>
>>389426053
Now try making an argument one last time without using memes. And no, waiting three days for a bug to be patched is not a game breaking flaw
>>
>Denuvo game gets cracked
>defense force is immediately deployed everywhere
Every fucking time, they must be spending at least half of their profits on this.
>>
>>389425627
Not him but for me it fucked up my hitman experience when the game first came out. I was having issues and waited a whole month for some fixes. Then I just said fuck it, I'll wait till more episodes release. Well, let's just say I haven't played it to this day and it's been cracked already. I've decided not to buy any denuvo titles ever. Only one I'm looking forward to right now is south park so far. I'm seriously hoping that the top games that are yet to be released don't have it. It's totally unnecessary and a waste of money for them. They could allocate that money to more important shit like marketing/advertisement which is more crucial for a successful return.
>>
>>389425927
The thief didnt get to play with everyone else and had to wait you dumb stupid fuck. If yu pirated it you paid the price by getting it late. Holy shit you're fucking dumb while everyone else has played it 20 times and discussed it you can only now play. And its not like this was a guarantee either it could have taken over a month to be cracked.
People who bought the game on PC did not get fucked over because of denuvo, they got their fucking game on release. And before you bring up the delay like a dumbass, I'll remind you again that that wasnt denuvos fault, it was Sega's.
>>
>>389426080
I actually don't know if denuvo affects the performance of the game. I doubted that it would. But I couldn't find a definitive answer elsewhere. So I came to /v/ to get a more direct answer. Had /v/ shown me denuvo's effects on performance, then I would be swayed.
>>
>>389426146
See
>>389425937

Provide prove that it's a lease and not just your dumb conjecture.
>>
>>389425937
>Game's playable offline now
Which it wasn't originally because of Sega's implementation of Denuvo.
>and the game is moddable anyway because none of the game files are in the exe, but where the engine files are housed.
Clearly not the case as there have been more dumps of game files now that the cracked version is out than before, since the cracked version gives you access to the .exe

Try again.
>>
>>389426349
see
>>389426363

Provide proof that Denvuo does nothing and nott just your dumb conjecture.
>>
File: 1503398167497.png (653KB, 680x686px) Image search: [Google]
1503398167497.png
653KB, 680x686px
>>389422179
i got the game from selling my pubg crates.

ANY FAGGOT complaining about the DRM and yet still using steam is the biggest God damn cocksucker alive. Don't even listen to these v faggots, op. the game runs fine with denovo and I haven't noticed anything. I'm not some autist taht goes out of my way to test out games in offline mode though, bc I'm literally always on the net. sure the faggots at sega shouldn't have put denovo in the game, but that wasn't the devs choice.

but just like I said. I bet half of the faggots spewing this DRM cry babby shit are the same faggots that log into steam and have 100+ games on their account. steam IS drm you dumbfucks. get over it.
>>
File: 1501893649027.png (488KB, 1024x385px) Image search: [Google]
1501893649027.png
488KB, 1024x385px
>>389422179
Can't even tell it's there. I get some pauses during loading sections, but I'm running it off of an external drive so that's to be expected.

No DRM is better than DRM, but pirates ruin it for everybody.
>>
File: Tails getting jiggy with it.gif (95KB, 251x173px) Image search: [Google]
Tails getting jiggy with it.gif
95KB, 251x173px
https://youtu.be/M43JwLn1AcY
Ugh I held MMZ act 2 for Tails for so long.....I knew it will just be beat within a matter of time.
Still I say SONIC MANIA is a good game.
https://youtu.be/M43JwLn1AcY
My time is 1:17:01
>>
>>389426475
>steam IS drm

So why do we need anlther form of drm on our games. That's like wearing two helmets. Steam is one of the lowest forms of drm out there. I've never had issues with steam although I've only been on pc for 5 years now.
>>
>>389426609
Didn't meant to double post the vid. Sorry.
>>
>>389426578
>but pirates ruin it for everybody.
You mean corporations ruin it for everybody. The game could have no DRM at all and everyone would be better off for it, including the corporations themselves who would sell more copies.
>>
>>389426256
>If yu pirated it you paid the price by getting it late.
By a couple of days?

Denuvo also somehow has problems with fucking with HDDs sometimes, which is a legit concern.

One a pirate isn't affected by.
>>
>>389426640
>So why do we need anlther form of drm on our games.
bc steam drm is easily cracked. it's up to the shithole companies to add in the denovo, which unfortunately sega did
>>
File: .png (252KB, 467x228px) Image search: [Google]
.png
252KB, 467x228px
>>389426256
Hey retard, I paid the price to wait two extra weeks for a meme DRM, which Sega never disclosed at any point. I'm not buying a game ever again. You'll be out of a job by the next year, Pajeet.
>>
>>389426251
I'm talking about Sonic Mania, not anything else. Considering those problems arent worldwide across all denuvo titles then you should blame the shitty developers who shodily implemented it, rather than denuvo itself. Aside from theonlie which was fixed quickly and easily, there have been no proven problems with denuvo on Sonic Mania.

>>389426281
No one on /v/ can because it doesn't. Anyone complaining about it in sonic mania either was one of a tiny amount of people who couldn't play offline when they needed to for a day (A PROBLEM THAT NO LONGER EXISTS SO DONT EVEN BRING IT UP AS AN EXCUSE) or they have had prior experiences with denuvo that they are unable to seperaye from the reality of whars going on now due to autism, that have caused them to go on tirade against it for all eternity.

Or they're just pirates.
>>
>>389422751
Just a reminder the entire reason they gave people who preordered a free copy of Sonic 1 is so that they could not refund the game when it released with the DRM they never mentioned during the preorder.
>>
>>389426256
First of all, it's an offline single player game you stupid fucking cunt, being able to play it when others can doesn't actually affect your experience in the game. And second EVERYBODY had to wait unless they bought the console version, which has more bugs than on PC. If you bought the game on PC not only did you wait 2 extra weeks, you paid the actual price of the game AND wasn't allowed to play offline for the majority of the week pirates weren't able to play. That's the tradeoff for being able to play sightly earlier than pirates and desperately brag about getting to play a buggier version of a game.
People who bought the game on PC got fucked over because of Denuvo, the game was not playable offline at release while being buggier than it is right now. The delay is both Denuvo and Sega's fault, Sega delayed the game in order to implement Denuvo which caused the always online issue. Don't try to shift the blame dumbass.
>>
>>389422179
Pirate it and send money directly to taxman and stealth
>>
>>389426770
>a couple of days
It's been way more than 2 days. It's been a whole fucking week.
>denuvo has problem with HDDs
And here we go with anothe case of "blah blah this happened in some game before so even though it's not happening now, I'll just pretend it is and no one will know the difference!"
>>
File: sonicnukles.jpg (16KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
sonicnukles.jpg
16KB, 256x192px
>>389422179
>i just want to know if it has any negative effects on the performance of the game or my system. I don't have any experience with denuvo, so I don't know what it's like.

as much as I'm against Denuvo, I have faced 0 issues with it so far, on release date I couldn't play it offline, but they already fixed it, load times are fine, etc, so if it's functionality you're worried about, go for it
>>
>>389424481
posting that image as if that's still an issue does NOT help fighting Denuvo, stop being retarded
>>
>>389422179
The people bitching and whining about B-B-BUT DENUVO IS INVASIVE MALWARE!!1 are just fucking retarded scumsucking piratefags.
I wasn't even aware that it even had any DRM whatsoever until the topic got brought up on the steam page. Their implementation of denuvo is so unobtrusive that it's like it's not even there to begin with.
I've had absolutely zero issues so far. The game itself actually has some bad glitches that disturb the game more than denuvo does.

Take it from someone with 20+ hours played that isn't even aware if it's even doing anything, or if the service is even there whatsoever. That's how invisible it is.
>>
>>389426986
>And here we go with anothe case of "blah blah this happened in some game before so even though it's not happening now, I'll just pretend it is and no one will know the difference!"

I'm not putting blind faith into that, are you fucking nuts?
>>
File: 1504658522793.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1504658522793.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>389426475

Steam at least offers a service to people and never enforced always online requirements for single player games, Denuvo offers NO benefit to people who buy the game. You undermined your own argument by admitting to buying the game using money from selling pubg crates, which you wouldn't have been able to do without steam.

Let me know when Denuvo games let you sell crates for money to buy other games with. Until then you can shut the fuck up with the "hurr durr steam is drm too you can't complain about Denuvo if you use steam!!!"
>>
>>389422179
Due to the sheer quality of Sonic Mania, I'm willing to overlook denuvo's imlementation and sega's non disclosure of it and subsequent delay.

Game's running fine for me.
>>
>>389426808
If a game is good it will sell. That'd all there is to it. I didn't even know sonic mania was a thing until a few weeks ago when tubers were talking about it. I was hearing it was like sonic cd but on steroids ands I was already sold on it. Come launch day, the game is nowhere to be found and I find out its delayed on pc. Afterwards I find out it has denuvo. Denuvo of all things on a 15 dollar game. Then I see people complaining about controllers not working, games not launching and other annoying things. Asked a few friends and they told me to wait a few days for patches. Well fuck that shit.
Sonic cd was the shit back when I was like 5. I really wanted to blow my load to some nostalgic vidya. The games been cracked already and I'm being tempted to check it out. I feel like a slut and don't know what to do, I wish I just had a ps4.
>>
>>389426578
And the best part is pirates still got the game at the end of the day, while everyone else has to put up with DRM. Makes more sense to pirate if you ask me.
>>
>>389427061
You stop being retarded. The post itself implies it was a previous issue, and there's nothing wrong with posting an image that proves it was an issue.
>>
>>389423352
It's not, nobody cares.

These are all russians on garbage computers complaining OP.
>>
>>389427389
eventually you or someone else will repost the image without any context and you know that

or maybe you actually are retarded and don't know that, but anyways it'd be better to fix it
>>
File: sonic2secrets.png (217KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sonic2secrets.png
217KB, 500x500px
>>389427228
>tfw own a PS4 and a PC and bought Sonic Mania for 4 dollars off retail from someone selling their collector's edition code on eBay the first week it was out
I felt smart
>>
>>389427083
>I wasn't even aware that it even had any DRM whatsoever until the topic got brought up on the steam page.

Only fucking retarded shitsucking corporate apologist antipiratefags would think this is a good thing.
The same shitsucking mongoloids bitching and whining about B-B-BUT PIRACY IS STEALING DENUVO DID NOTHING WRONG like a bunch of retarded cunts

Like it's one thing to defend DRM itself. But the idea that people shouldn't even have the right to know about it in the games they buy makes you the scummiest fuck alive.
>>
>>389427004
>I have faced 0 issues with it so far, on release date I couldn't play it offline
you contradicted yourself in the same sentence. i know they fixed it but still.
>>
Denuvo basically fries your GPU. A straight up guaranteed memory leak. Denuvo is un-fucking-necessary for a classic sonic game other than being jews and they are risking hardware for it.
>>
File: 1422341522565.png (4KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
1422341522565.png
4KB, 234x236px
>open thread
>people actually defending Denuvo

I am utterly speechless.
>>
File: 1318230577712.png (186KB, 416x405px) Image search: [Google]
1318230577712.png
186KB, 416x405px
>>389423352
actually good arguments against Denuvo (may not apply to every title):
>makes modding harder
>stops private servers from popping up after the publishers take down the original servers
>harder to crack which eventually might be needed in case some DRM goes bad (one cited example of a game that just can't be played nowadays is Darkspore, despite it being single player)

>>389427694
I forgot the word "except". Also it wasn't an issue for me because I hadn't had internet downtime, so technically it wasn't an issue for me.
>>
>>389427725
Viral marketers don't exist, fellow 4channer.
>>
>>389427526
>you shouldn't post that image proving for a fact that Denuvo blocked people from playing online before it was fixed because someone could repost it out of context

You are actually retarded.
>>
File: 1496540417909.jpg (53KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1496540417909.jpg
53KB, 403x403px
I haven't noticed anything performance drop wise. Doesn't seem to do anything.
Doesn't even matter anymore cause it was cracked yesterday so you can just download it off Pirate Bay if you don't want to bother.
>>
File: 1286004085231.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1286004085231.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>389427725
>"Nah bro Mania is one of the few cases where Denuvo doesn't really cause any problems"
>WOOOOOOOOOOOW THESE FUCKIN SHILLS DEFENDING DENUVO

Just another day on /v/
>>
>>389427725
anti-Denuvians are really, REALLY bad at making Denuvo look bad

like, really bad, fucking terrible, and when questioned, they chimp out, like SJWs

>>389427809
>please make the image more clear about how that affected the game for a limited time
>LOOOL YOU WANT TO BAN THAT IMAGE FROM THE INTERNET

No, YOU are actually retarded. Yet another anti-Denuvian chimping out, which only makes things worse to make people aware of the problems that Denuvo brings.
>>
File: 1448323466803.png (74KB, 1500x658px) Image search: [Google]
1448323466803.png
74KB, 1500x658px
>>389427725
Happens in almost every thread about the game. Now /v/ is corporate shitheals because muh morals.

Imagine people here defending Starforce or Securom DRM 10 years ago back when Spore came out. How far this board has sunk, what a fucking embarrassment.
>>
runs like butter even on Linux Wine
>>
File: 1448668715787.png (707KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1448668715787.png
707KB, 500x667px
>>389427936
>LOOOL I AM SILLY
>anti-Denuvian

Thanks for admitting you are retarded
>>
>>389427936
>don't you agree anti-shills are just as bad as the group you don't like?
Wow, the nerve of you outsourced 3rd world subhumans.
>>
File: 1447553318856 (1).jpg (45KB, 206x279px) Image search: [Google]
1447553318856 (1).jpg
45KB, 206x279px
>>389427876
>>389427936
>>
File: 1354436211922.jpg (36KB, 435x348px) Image search: [Google]
1354436211922.jpg
36KB, 435x348px
>>389427802
I doubt Sonic Mania of all games would need viral marketing, anon. At least you had the decency to not use the word shill.

>>389427876
>>389427936
Jesus Christ, you people should know what Denuvo does to games. What it's done to a shitload of games in the past. Hell, doesn't it mess with hardware too? That in itself is crossing a line, no matter what kind of rig you have. Just because it doesn't fuck up one game doesn't mean it isn't the absolute fucking worst.
>>
File: IJDKA.png (47KB, 872x593px) Image search: [Google]
IJDKA.png
47KB, 872x593px
>>389428119
>>389428140
>>389428215
>completely ignores everything I say
>LOOOL YOUR DEFENDING DENOOVO
>10 minutes from now I'll see yet more posts from you insulting people who ask about Denuvo instead of teaching them

why do I keep trying?
>>
>>389427876
>"Nah bro Mania is one of the few cases where Denuvo doesn't really cause any problems"
Except not letting you play offline in the first week of release. Inb4 shifting the blame to sega and Denvuo dindu nuffin
Also I don't understand why anyone is acting like Denuvo because it doesn't affect the performance of a title with the requirements of a Sega 32X game.
Unless of course you are a Denuvo shill

>>389427936
If you attack people for calling out Denuvo by equating them to SJWs, you deserve to suffer the problems that Denuvo causes.
>>
>>389428240
All games have viral marketing, the only difference is whether they bother doing it here or not. All high profile games do.

>>389428263
Because you're on a very low paycheck.
>>
>>389428374
The problem is fixed anon, its a non argument
>>
File: fafdsfsdafasf.png (16KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
fafdsfsdafasf.png
16KB, 291x300px
>>389428240
>Jesus Christ, you people should know what Denuvo does to games.
I do know.

>What it's done to a shitload of games in the past.
Yeah, I've heard and read about it.

>Hell, doesn't it mess with hardware too?
You see, that has only been speculated about, and whenever someone asks for a source on Denuvo destroying drives, we get C H I M P O U T like these posts:
>>389428215
>>389428119
>>389428140
>That in itself is crossing a line, no matter what kind of rig you have.
I'll agree as soon as I get proof.
>Just because it doesn't fuck up one game doesn't mean it isn't the absolute fucking worst.
True, Denuvo has its problems and people need to be made aware of it. The post of mine that you quoted mentioned how these people who try to shit on Denuvo do a TERRIBLE job at it, sperging out on people who ask more about it to learn about it.

>>389428374
>If you attack people for calling out Denuvo by equating them to SJWs,
I'm attacking people for not explaining what's going on for people who want to learn, you fucking RETARDS. You should PERSUADE people, not tell them to fuck off when they ask "uh, ok, how do I know what you're saying is real?"

>>389428412
>Because you're on a very low paycheck.
I haven't defended Denuvo ONCE. What the fuck are you people smoking?

-TEACH- PEOPLE- with EVIDENCE, don't dismiss them, you morons.
>>
>>389428263
>>completely ignores everything I say

Like what exactly? Because so far all you've done is make really hamfisted I AM SILLY greentext strawmen and accuse "anti-Denuvians" of chimping out after you got triggered because someone posted an image showing Denvuo blocking people from playing offline before they changed it.
>>
File: 1383876469826.jpg (21KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1383876469826.jpg
21KB, 438x420px
>Sonic Mania is such a good game that the only complaint the haters can come up with is smearing shit over their own face and screaming Denuvo at the top of their lungs

Its good to see Sonic back to form
>>
>>389428590
There are plenty of legitimate problems.
>>
>>389428420
Saying it's fixed is a non argument. Because it was still a problem caused by Denuvo. Or if you want to be a pendant about it, a problem caused by Sega using Denuvo.
>>
>>389428420
You still need to check in every 2 weeks or the game won't run.
That's a lot better than always online, but if you go innawoods long enough you can't play the game.
>>
>>389422740
Denuvo gives you enjoyment? Cause thats what you're supporting.
>>
File: 1504594752314.jpg (111KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
1504594752314.jpg
111KB, 600x305px
>>389428547
>I'm attacking people for not explaining what's going on for people who want to learn, you fucking RETARDS.

People have though, multiple times in fact. You keep ignoring it and chimping out at people for being anti-denuvo. There's no point in trying to persuade complete and utter retards. If you're still arguing in defense of DRM on 4chan you deserve to be dismissed for being retarded.
>>
File: Penis hog fucking shits.png (1MB, 6784x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Penis hog fucking shits.png
1MB, 6784x3840px
Fuck y'all niggas with your denuvo shit i ain't got no problems i cave in and bought the game finally and didn't ask for me to go online or anything THIS IS BULLSHIT never believe what you see on 4chan now will you excuse me, I'm going to take BIG ASS SCREENSHOTS of Sonic Mania now.
"WAAH I'M SCARED THE SPOOKY MIB IS GONNA GET ME"
should've thought that.
>>
>>389428842
If the denuvo servers ever go down you'll never be able to play your copy again.
>>
File: strawmeme.jpg (146KB, 1213x242px) Image search: [Google]
strawmeme.jpg
146KB, 1213x242px
>>389428549
there, I wanna see you complain that it's a strawman now, I fucking screenshotted these from this thread
>>
>>389428796
What Sega spends the money on, is none of my concern. As long as it doesn't negatively impact my life, or hurt others.
>>
>>389428832
>you claim X
>oh I see, can you provide me proof that that happened?
>LOL DENUVO SHILL

this is what I'm mad at

inb4 you pretend that this didn't happen
>>
>>389428547
>we get C H I M P O U T like these posts:
Those posts were rightfully calling you out on your lazy strawman fallacies. You try to discredit people against DRM by deliberately misrepresenting what they say by doing shit like this:

>There's nothing wrong with denuvo. I am perfectly calm and reasoanable
>LOOOOL I AM SILLY DENOOOOVOOO IS BAD FUCKIGN SHILLLS WOOOOOOOOW DENUVO

Using greentext quotes like this only serves to make you look like a fucking idiot who can't argue.
>>
>>389429014
>>There's nothing wrong with denuvo.
I never said that you asslicking cunt, stop spewing bullcrap
>>
>>389429013
Who are you quoting? You're mad at a strawman

Keep being retarded I guess. inb4 you pretend that made up greentext legitimately happened
>>
File: 1269542333637.jpg (35KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1269542333637.jpg
35KB, 400x396px
>>389429014
>Using greentext quotes like this only serves to make you look like a fucking idiot who can't argue.

It's always been a part of /v/, but I utterly despise that more people than ever these days use greentext as an MSPaint comic. At least back in the day there was a chance of legit debate.
>>
>>389429059
Holy fuck the irony. You have no self awareness.
>>
File: 1265077403249.png (112KB, 688x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1265077403249.png
112KB, 688x1434px
>D-deunvu totally makes your rig go slower guys and it can damage parts too, it happened to me I swear!!!

Pirate cucks have been forcing this since Denuvo first appeared.
>>
>>389422179
>bought it
>Couldn't get it to run
>Refunded it
Never would have bought it if I had seen that it had that shitty DRM on it beforehand.
>>
>>389429159
You should see how the Deadpool game used to run.
Denuvo crippled that game.
>>
>>389429159
But pirates are the one group that it doesn't affect.
>>
>>389428941
And I wanna see you point out where anyone in that screenshot said

Telling people they shouldn't post evidence that something happened in a post saying it was previously the case, because someone might use the evidence out of context is fucking retarded.

People like this is why that image should be posted:
>>389428842
>didn't ask for me to go online or anything THIS IS BULLSHIT never believe what you see on 4chan
>>
>>389429159
Pirates are the only people that don't have to deal with denuvo.
I really don't think they care about waiting an extra week at this point.
Pirates tend to be patient people.

Although I should mention that the pirated copy of sonic mania still does have denuvo in it so if you haven't gotten the game because you don't want malware in your system you still shouldn't pirate it just yet.
All they did was spoof it to think you have a real copy.
>>
>>389429157
>>389429407
you were the first to strawman anyways, in this post:
>>389427809
>>you shouldn't post that image proving for a fact that Denuvo blocked people from playing online before it was fixed because someone could repost it out of context
when I never said you shouldn't post that to prove Denuvo blocked people from playing online, and what I did say was to improve the image

but again
>Telling people they shouldn't post evidence that something happened in a post saying it was previously the case, because someone might use the evidence out of context is fucking retarded.
I said you should make the image better, add the dates in which that was a problem and actually happened, and then you strawmanned, then I started making fun of you, and then you started "lalala ur strawmanning I'm not going to pay attention lalala", over and over
>>
>>389429445
Really? I thought I saw in another thread that they got a crack working. Oh well, I still have it on PS4 to play.
>>
File: 1504054985807.jpg (112KB, 1087x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1504054985807.jpg
112KB, 1087x1080px
>>389428590
>Not smearing shit all over your own to defend Denuvo and screaming at the "haters" at the top of your lungs

Plenty of people on /v/ who played the game have been shitposting about it even before the crack. If someone has a problem with the game having Denvuo, they're not a hater of the game itself.
>>
>>389429629
They do have a crack. It just circumvents the DRM checks rather than removing it. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works since the .exe files are apparantly the same size.
>>
>>389429541
>You did it first!
Holy fuck you're pathetic.
>and what I did say was to improve the image
>I said you should make the image better
No you didn't. You originally said posting the image proving it was an issue isn't an argument against Denuvo, even while the post implied it was a previous issue.

Explain to me how my post is a strawman but these aren't:
>"lalala ur strawmanning I'm not going to pay attention lalala"
>>
>>389429802
Ah, alright then. Just a matter of waiting more.
>>
also two are girls but i don't know where they said they were girls
>>
>>389429884
here, let me help you read:

>eventually you or someone else will repost the image without any context and you know that

>or maybe you actually are retarded and don't know that, but anyways it'd be better to fix it

>, but anyways it'd be better to fix it
>, but anyways it'd be better to fix it

can you see it now? want me to record a vocaroo?
>>
>>389430041
It says in the manual that comes with the game.
If you have the steam version you can read it by right clicking the game name in your steam library.
They did a good job of making it feel like manuals used to be.
>>
>>389429159
>Pirate game with crack
>No DRM
>No performance hits
>No need to be online

Yeah, Denuvo has sure affected me.
>>
File: nobody goes there anymore.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nobody goes there anymore.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>389430145
nobody reads manuals
>>
>>389430221
Underage pls go.
>>
File: tweedle dee and tweedle dum.png (2MB, 6784x3840px) Image search: [Google]
tweedle dee and tweedle dum.png
2MB, 6784x3840px
>>
File: sanic.jpg (72KB, 939x485px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
72KB, 939x485px
>>389422179
>i just want to know if it has any negative effects on the performance of the game
To be honest, I haven't seen any problems in-game, like performance drops and the like.
>I honestly don't care about the morality of DRM
You should. Especially now that it has been cracked and is completely worthless other than punishing those who purchased the game.
>>
>>389431308
Go get the rest of those chevos.
You already have the hard ones.
>>
File: grab the spheres 2.png (1MB, 6784x3840px) Image search: [Google]
grab the spheres 2.png
1MB, 6784x3840px
people really had trouble with the ufo?
>>
I had issues starting the game for the first few days, but nothing after that.

Never had performance issues, although have ran into a few bugs that probably aren't drm related.
>>
>>389431474
Wait till you get to the 5th special stage. You'll see what people mean by then.
It's still not that hard, but if you aren't good at video games you'll get gated there fore a long time.
>>
>>389431359
I'm planning to, it's a shame the bonus stage is completely pointless after you've got all gold medals, it gives zero in-game benefits like shields and extra lives so why do them? At least unlockable blue sphere game has new levels, but not when actually playing the game.

>>389431474
Yeah, I watched one guy play it and he only got a single emerald, had to retry the first stage 4-5 times. Personally, I only found the fifth stage hard.
>>
>>389431635
>get 100 rings in mach 3
>perform 4 laps flawlessly before running out
>ufo still half a stage ahead

what did they mean by this
>>
>>389431850
I really wish the bonus stages would start throwing in some of the extra blue sphere stages if you kept playing after beating all the normal ones.
Just to keep things fresh. Although what would be really great would be if you got to keep the rings you collect in blue spheres or the medal was replaced with a random shield monitor. It's a shame that eventually you're going to want to avoid getting bonuses.
>>
>>389431902
If you don't take the shortcut the UFO takes you can never catch it. Not sure if this is your problem, but maybe.
>>
>>389422558
Because then you don't have to put up with denuvo.
>>
>>389431902
The only advice is that you can't let it get that far ahead.
Ironically the best way to do this is to not focus on getting blue sphere but just collecting what you can as you follow the exact path or the UFO.
>>
>>389432103
It's funny but you still do have to put up with denuvo if you pirate mania.
They didn't actually remove the DRM they just tricked it into thinking everything was legit.
>>
>>389431474
The first time I played the special stages it took me a couple of times but once I got the hang of it, it was fairly easy.
>>
>>389422179
Game runs fine, no issues encountered so far. Haven't played it as much as I originally hoped though, got occupied with Arma 3, Dirt rally and Orange juice. Don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon either.
>>
File: 1782066-1.jpg (39KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1782066-1.jpg
39KB, 400x400px
>>389431635
>>389431474
>1 shot stages 1, 2 and 3
>stage 4 makes me learn the mechanics
>after failing 2~3 times, finally try different strategies, as going for collectibles isn't working
>just kinda chase the UFO while getting some stuff in the way
>it works
>same for 5
>6 is easier than 4 and 5
>7 is piss-easy because of how much you can cut corners to get quickly to the UFO

it's ok, but Blue Spheres is way better as the emerald stages
>>
>>389432168
thanks I got it as soon as I complained by getting mach 2 then immediately picking up the mach 3 powerup

seems thats the case though, its better to stay on it than collect speed counterintuitively, it goes faster as you go faster
>>
>>389422179
I didn't know it had denuvo until long after I had beaten it.
It shouldn't be an issue.
>>
File: Chemical Planet.png (1MB, 6784x3840px) Image search: [Google]
Chemical Planet.png
1MB, 6784x3840px
So if I exit out of Mania will I still have the Denuvo with me? Just want to play video games, yahurr.
>>
>>389433398
Denuvo is part of the game file, so when the game isn't running neither is denuvo. However you'll still probably have some extra files on your computer where denuvo stores information.
It shouldn't do anything more than take up a little bit of space.
>>
I played it on my shitty government supplied netbook so the denuvo version had microstutter up the ass. The cracked version runs absolutely fine
>>
>>389433634
what is this, buttcrack you speak of
>>
>>389422740
Just buy it on a console of your choice.
>>
>>389422179
It had zero impact on my gameplay whatsoever.
>>
>>389422179
Nothing negative for me to report aside of being unable to play in offline mode for steam.

Game runs perfectly well.
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.