[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Book of Memories added canonical retroactive lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 22

Reminder that Book of Memories added canonical
retroactive lore and if you don't like it then you don't actually understand Silent Hill
>>
I would assemble team silent and give them infinite amount of money and time
>>
>>389422160
This.

Remake of SH1 would be a nice way to kick off.
>>
Would you prefer a Silent Hill that focused on the cult/city of Silent Hill like 1 and 3 or one that focuses more on the character's sins, like 2?
>>
I thought about a prequel once. Like, back when the Cult's God came to earth to usher in its paradise but was defeated and sent back to its aether to wait for another chance to return through sacrifice. Any kind of sequel about a character being lured to silent hill is just rehashing the same shit Tomm Huellet tried. It needs something new and unexpected. Too bad we'll never see PT, probably would have been the best since 3.
>>
>>389421854

Focus on exploration and telling a story through gameplay.

Shattered Memories had the right idea.
>>
I would like to try that during the day time idea the original team had for a Silent Hill 5.
>>
>>389422029
You mean the game that tied all the games to a magic book and made fun of Twin Perfect by making theme cult members with bad gospel?
>>
Focus more on the lore introduced from 4. People literally ignore it, but it's way cooler than muh cult
>>
>>389424062
1 and 3 also had character focus though.
I'd like to see more of 2, but it has to be very different. That's a big challenge.
>>
>>389423802
Konami is incompetent and is only interested in making slot machines now.

Capcom on the other hand is starting to HD remake all its games. Resident Evil 1 remake is literal perfection. Resident Evil 2 remake is being made as we speak and judging by their previous remake its going to be badass. I'm sure they'll do 3 after that.

Secondly I JUST beat SH2 (my first SH game) a few hours ago.

All in all I must say SH2 was a 6/10 at best. Yeah the spooky story was a bit cryptic and mysterious but literally everything else was just trash. Worst gameplay I've played in a long time.
>>
>>389421854
the best bathroom stall graffiti
>>
I would seriously like to see Silent Hills happen. Alongside with GOOD re-releases of 1-4
>>
Time for the SH PC Guide + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

if you use the NEW widescreen fix mentioned in the guide, you can use sh2proxy's .exe as crack.

in case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.

if SH2 gets stuck into a black screen during launch, close the application and restart it again.
If SH3 runs like crap, check and lower the 3D Rendering Resolution.

There's fine emulator settings for SH1 in the pic. You can also try the PGXP emu for wobble free PS1 graphics.
>>
>>389422029
go to bed Tom
>>
>>389424495
Same, i would go the prequel route too. But still try to maintain the cult story in the background, only explained through notes, implied imagery and things like that, while the main character deals with the crazy otherworld stuff. Would definitely go the open world route too, open world usually fails because it ends up barren and empty, but in Silent Hill's case that's actually beneficial.

I think cellphones, internet and people having an hd camera in their pockets ruined horror and kind of ruins the sense of isolation and atmosphere, so making a SH game set in modern times would feel inconvenient. Plus '70s and '80s had the perfect Silent Hill aesthetics.
>>
>>389421854
I'm not Tomm, so I wouldn't. You have to realize the fundamental difference in thinking that original creators have compared to everyone else. The OG creators use concepts, themes, and ideas. They have an understanding of what they've covered in the past, and try to use that knowledge in new ways going forward. Many people may not know this, but Silent Hill 2 was considered a strong departure from the series when it originally came out. People were surprised that they weren't getting a sequel to Harry's story, and even though SH2 succeeded at shaking a person's a heart deeply (one of the core driving ideas behind the game and its story), many fans asked for them to make a sequel to the first game. This is where that difference in thinking I talked about comes into full effect. I guarantee you, had any other developer been tasked to make SH3, they would have continued Harry's story. But the OG team instead decided to continue the story of the baby Harry was carrying with him - Heather's story. This didn't have to be the case, even if they wanted to include The Order. But they did it anyway likely because they wanted to tackle different themes and ideas, of which there are many in the game that are different enough from the previous two entries.

The OG team doesn't think of OP's image as 'iconic Silent Hill'. It's just there because they thought it had reason to be there. Non-OG thinking deems the same picture to be a part of a non-existent Silent Hill Bible, where everything has to be ominous and cryptic and totally weird dude lmaoo xDD. Christ even the B-team making SH4 didn't fall for this trap. They took the concept of a haunted apartment and after deciding to make it an SH game, created an entirely new ritual to birth the Cult's demon god that logically co-exists with the first and third game.

When there are no more themes and ideas left to explore, you retire a series. That's why the OG guys left.
>>
>highly detailed models in FOX engine
>bring back original VAs, composers, etc
>pachinko
>>
>>389427402
>When there are no more themes and ideas left to explore, you retire a series. That's why the OG guys left.
But they didn't leave, Konami disbanded them.
>>
>>389426481
Should include this video for SH2 part as a representation of the changes;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=878F2cbLAXo
>>
>>389421854

I would just give it back to Del Toro and Kojima. That fucking PT demo was like the best horror game I've played in a very long time.
>>
>>389427536
Hiroyuki Owaku, the main writer of the series, and Masahiro Ito, artist/art director of the series, left/had no desire on working of future SH games after production for SH3 wrapped up.
>>
>>389427775
It's impressive that something called "widescreen fix" actually fixes way more things than just the resolution.
>>
File: Baphomet.png (748KB, 1794x2506px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.png
748KB, 1794x2506px
>>389424495
Something like this.

Set it deep in the past, maybe around the time of the Salem Witch trials or something, or at least way before any of the current games. Give it atmosphere similar to those clunky Blair Witch games, where you're just wandering around, trying to solve weird occult shit happening around this colonial settlement.

Fuck, you could even keep the combat clunky by making the player use flintlock shit. Could be great.
>>
File: 1504572722168.png (35KB, 649x446px) Image search: [Google]
1504572722168.png
35KB, 649x446px
>>389427960
Actually i think Konami gave them the middle finger. Ito never mentioned leaving on his own will, he loves the otherworld's concept and loved creating art for it, he still creates some otherworld art to this day and was even working on a Silent hill project(that was cancelled) back in 2013.
>>
>>389428579
>rightfully hates the overuse of Pyramid Head
>still uses him as a Twitter avatar
>>
>>389423802
>Remake of SH1

can you people fuck off with the remakes already
>>
>>389421854
Mix the best elements from 1-4 into the game. Use the FOX engine. Make the graphics as good as they were in PT. I am not sure how they could implement the first person elements in such a game though without having some sort of hub. I definitely want to see it included though because first person for SH is a pretty great fit. Also allow more of the town to be explored and definitely center some of the story around the cult.
>>
>>389428875
>implying Ito is not actually Pyramid Head and he hates his image being overused
>>
File: I don't get it.jpg (151KB, 482x482px) Image search: [Google]
I don't get it.jpg
151KB, 482x482px
>>389421854
I still don't understand that picture.
>>
>>389428579
Except he's said in the past after SH3 that for him the series is over. The team was also still allowed to make SH4, but he left while it was being worked on. This is less about Konami and more about the dwindling team.
>>
>>389427775
Great video, but a bit spoiler-ific for newcomers.
>>
>>389428875
He said if he was going to reuse Pyramid Head, it would have to be redesigned completely. Forgot to screencap it, but i do have this screencap that will shock many hardcore SH fans here in /v/.
>>
>>389428875
Hey, he literally designed it.
No matter the misuse, it's clearly an iconic creature, and something he should be proud of.
>>
>>389429214
Not really, at least it wasn't until you went out of your way to mention it.
>>
>>389429595
>literally shows and names out endings AND end scenes
it would take only a little bit of editing, ie. only having zoomed in static images as comparison in said scenes, to make it more rookie-safe.
>>
>tfw the local gloryhole gets shut down
>>
File: link brutananadilewski.jpg (32KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
link brutananadilewski.jpg
32KB, 600x477px
>>389421854
Take everything that was said in TRSHE by Twin Perfect AND DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE!
>>
>>389429225
I agree with him. I'd argue PH's appearance in the first movie was the best/most acceptable outside of SH2. It's a really good design, and the movie version really emphasizes his imposing height to great affect, and fans who can't accept that are the types of people you shouldn't try and please regardless.

Unfortunately, every use since has been a blatantly shitty appeal to fans that's almost always fallen short.
>>
>>389429193
As far back as 2006, Ito and Owaku were still creating stories about SH and he even says that Cage of Cradle is their personal canon because it completely changes the canon by making Valtiel the keeper of the otherworld. So it's not like they were like "ok, the Silent Hill story ended in SH3, goodbye we will work on other projects now", they clearly had more ideas and stories that sadly never came to light because Konami wanted more SH2.
>>
>>389429812
Twin Perfect is such a weird, dysfunctional little Youtube outfit.

TRSHE was pretty entertaining, even with all the smugness, and was probably the first in what's become a thriving genre of hour-long video game lore over-analysis, but after that weird drama a few years ago now it's just that Rosseter guy and his annoying girlfriend trying to be some kind of terrible Phillip DeFranco-esque pop culture contrarian channel.
>>
File: Samurai Rick.jpg (53KB, 720x619px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai Rick.jpg
53KB, 720x619px
>>389430367
>weird drama
What the fuck happened that caused Fungo and Fhuz to fuck off of the channel?
>>
>>389430160
You're exaggerating the meaning of the post. To them the comic is canon, yes, but that's it. It's just a comic they made together. Again, if they were as into it as you want to believe, they would have been entirely involved with SH4's production. But Valtiel being keeper of the otherworld sounds terrible senpai, and undoes a lot of what we know about the series.
>>
>>389421854
Keep SH1, throw everything else out the window. New game would be a direct sequel and focus on the cult, dark magic, the old gods/demons, and get rid of the purgatory/personal hell 2deep4u aspects. The fog and dark world would be layers of reality between the normal world and whatever dimension the beings the cult worships reside in.
>>
SH2 was the only good game, but god damn was it good.
>>
>>389430528
>what the fuck happened?
A woman.
>>389430545
>The fog and dark world would be layers of reality between the normal world and whatever dimension the beings the cult worships reside in.
Way to show you don't understand jack shit about SH1 or its lore.
>>
>>389430528
No idea about Fhuz, but Rosseter and Fungo apparently fought over the latter's shitty productivity, and then apparently they both got into a fight over a girl or something (different one from the girl on the channel now), and now they make passive aggressive comments over who has the larger (read: so small they're financially unsustainable) youtube sub counts.
>>
>>389430528
There's a whole forum post about it, but the gist of it is, Fungo is a pretty fucking unhinged guy, so much so that he personally told Ross and co. that he never wanted to see them again.
>>
>>389421854
No fucking STOCK SOUND EFFECTS. Hire Yamaoka as sound designer.
>>
>>389430367
Actual Twin Perfect channel is indeed a disaster.

Rosseter's ironic commentary is funny for about 5 seconds, but when he tries to that for 10 minutes it just fails.

The movie analysis he remakes are usually good, too bad they are rare. But the TRSHE was amazing, i enjoyed every second of it, especially the first parts because they have an old school feel, like just two friends that love Silent Hill having a deep discussion about it, reminds me of when Silent Hill first came out and me and my friends would go late into the night talking about it, no internet, no bullshit, just us, i didn't even know the internet existed back then.
>>
>>389430367
>>389430817
Fungo don't you have videos to work on? It's been months.
>>
>>389430545
1 was still about a personal hell, but the difference is it wasn't YOUR personal hell. It worked in 2 but ever since then every single otherworld has always revolved around the MC because they have to be deeply flawed and amnesiac.

They need to go back to the whole game being someone else's nightmare.
>>
>>389430960
Fungo's not much better, and was easily the weakest part of TRSHE. Monotone line reading and shitty comedic timing where he'd come in too early or flub too heavily.

Together, they somehow made each other watchable. Fhuz just came off as some TGWTG reject who wandered on "set."
>>
>>389424062
I prefer more cult/city even though I think 2 is the best game in the series. The thing about 2 is that they did it so well. Everything that tried to copy elements from it were terrible by comparison. Not every character needs to be dark and edgy if they follow the SH2 story model. There is potential there for them to make all sorts of stories but they always kept going as edgy as possible because that was what they think SH2 was all about.

And honestly the cult/town stuff was much more interesting. That is what made the series what it was so why not continue that for further games? Even SH4 concentrated on the cult stuff. Funny thing about SH2 is it is almost as if it was an entirely separate canon from the other 3 games TS made. I wonder how that game would be looked at if TS never made it but instead it was made later on by one of the western devs. Would it still be seen as a great game? idk desu
>>
Honestly, I'd rather just take some of the core themes and concepts and make an entirely new game.

I love the idea of a "maybe" cognitive building or town or even a large area that 2 gave, but I'm also a really big fan of the old God cult stuff and vengeful spirits and what not that 1/3 brought.

Even 4 has some pretty neat ideas.

But the thing I would most likely take 1:1 is the other world concept.

Imagine you're walking through the forest at night, and up ahead you see a small cave, that's emitting a glowing red light, almost like fire.

You head in and end up in some weird industrial nightmare underneath the earth.

That kinda stuff is what I love.
>>
>>389431467
>Would it still be seen as a great game?
Yes.

The Western games are all objectively trash. Homecoming apes Jacob's Ladder and the movie's aesthetic and doesn't provide a good enough story to back it up. Instead, it's a cheeseball romp through a shitty OC town where the cemetery somehow takes up half of the real estate.

Downpour and Origins were just boring, despite having occasionally good location design.

Silent Hill 2 absolutely ruined it for all subsequent games by being as good as it is, but that doesn't take away from how trash the Western releases were overall.
>>
I'd make a parody game about a pizza guy sent to silent hill to give a pizza to some asshole.

It'd be called Silent Hill: Deliverance
>>
>>389430534
>they would have been entirely involved with SH4's production.

SH4 was beyond halfway through production when they finished SH3. Why should they bother with a project that wasn't even envisioned by them? Ito and Owaku were the brains of the series, so they would need to work on it during the concept stages to actually do their magic. Plus they needed a break after working on SH3 for 3 years.

>But Valtiel being keeper of the otherworld sounds terrible senpai, and undoes a lot of what we know about the series.

That's the thing. For Masahiro Ito, the otherworld has always been this Hellraiser type dimension of torture. Cage of Cradle oficializes that by having Valtiel trying to reach Alessa to leak the otherworld into reality, the comic ends right where SH1 begins, with Harry entering the alley and Valtiel achieving his objective.
>>
>>389431952
>we finally learn how eddie got that pizza in SH2.
>>
>>389431867
>>389431467
I also forgot Shattered Memories, which had a good concept but was executed poorly. There's nothing scary about running through ice levels from pink monkeys that jarringly punctuate segments of semi-competent atmospheric storytelling.
>>
i'd make a parody game where you play as a silent hill monster just trying to go about his day but you have to traverse fucking silent hill to get to work
>>
>>389431952
>find shittons of puzzles, all opened
>the actual puzzle is finding out what the fuck the MC is doing
>>
Densely packed Deus Ex like recreation of the town. Big, but not too big.

Main character is a schoolteacher who brings a schoolbus full of children on a field trip only to get lost in SH. You find your students scattered around the gameworld. Some are hostile, some cling to you out of fear, some are weird. You can choose if they live or die. In the end, it is revealed the schoolteacher was fucking some of his female students. He justified it, and some of the girls were really asking for it, but the protag was a very predatory person, filled with lust. The true ending comes from letting all your male "rivals" die and figuring out which of your students you were fucking and saving them, which would require getting a lot of notes and putting pieces together. There would be one girl who was obviously tryna get the dick but you avoided her out of self-preservation. A red herring. The ending is a shot of the protag, with his new harem, as the camera pans out the protag slowly turns into a monster along with the sluts around him. It would be subtle though.

Very little emphasis on combat. Enemies are huge lumbering beasts representing the long dick of the law chasing our protag. You aren't fighting out in the open. You are hiding in the shadows from the faculty and law. They are relentless. Other type of enemy is lithe, wispy, feminine masses of flesh that attempt to lure you towards the former beasts.
>>
>>389432003
I never played the games past 4 but I usually hear that SM is the best of the not TS games. I don't know maybe one day I will be interested in trying it out.
>>
>>389432210
The girls would look a bit like this and I would try to stoke the waifu wars a bit but keep it clear the protag is a terrible person.
>>
>>389431860
>Imagine you're walking through the forest at night, and up ahead you see a small cave, that's emitting a glowing red light, almost like fire.

Too bad we never got a mine or a cave in the original series. The labyrinth part of SH2 is the Wiltse mine combined with "nowhere" but most players don't even notice it's supposed to be a mine since it looks more like hell. Actually going to a mine would spoopy as fuck.
>>
>>389431959
>Why should they bother with a project that wasn't even envisioned by them?
Because they love Silent Hill and the otherworld, etc? It's literally what you said dude. You're just making assumptions at this point, fueled by your own idealism. Ito left after 3 because he was done with the series. He said it himself, and trying to interpret that differently is useless.

Also I'd only consider Owaku the brains of the series. Ito's monster design was important, but so was the environment design and the like. If those weren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter how good the monsters themselves looked.

>Cage of Cradle oficializes that
Absolutely not. Their opinions of a comic a couple of pages long that they made in their spare time will not and cannot be accepted as canon. It's not official in any capacity, regardless of its source. And like I said, it's actually pretty crap that undermines all the games.
>>
>>389421854
I would make it in first person. You know, like Outlast.
>>
>>389429595

How is showing James meeting "Mary" not a spoiler, dude? Anybody who plays 5 minutes of the game is gonna know that's a huge spoiler.
>>
>>389432210
Could work but its still a very "evil" thing. One of the things that sets James, as an example, apart is that, while what he did was horrible, it's a very familiar feeling most of us have gotten at one point or another.
That love for someone but at the same time feeling like they're the ones dragging us down. The verbal abuse James got also helped us empathize with him. With your idea, its too easy to call the MC an evil bastard and call it a day.
It's a problem that's always existed. You can justify a lot of violent actions, which is why we have tough guy action heroes, but sexual stuff is much harder and nearly always handled poorly.
>>
File: Pyramid_Head_Kart.png (62KB, 311x254px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid_Head_Kart.png
62KB, 311x254px
What was your favorite non-SH2 appearance of Triangle Guy?
>>
>>389433619
Because someone who hasn't played the game/has no idea about it, won't know its significance in any shape or form, hence it doesn't really matter. But since you two insist on pointing it out, it does. It's really not that hard to understand. I saw the prison sequence well in advance of playing the game, but it made no sense because it was completely out of context. When I did eventually see it in game, I didn't think 'oh this scene', I thought 'daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn......' because I understood its significance.
>>
>>389433439
>He said it himself, and trying to interpret that differently is useless.

Gonna need source on this. Of the 3 messages i exchanged with him, he never said he left Konami or was done with Silent Hill, he even said he would be happy to work on another Silent Hill game.

>Also I'd only consider Owaku the brains of the series. Ito's monster design was important, but so was the environment design and the like. If those weren't up to scratch it wouldn't matter how good the monsters themselves looked.

The "disturbed psyche being projected onto the world" idea is Toyama's idea, not Owaku's. So if you're a SH2babby, which i'm sure you are, you should be thanking Toyama not Owaku. Masahiro Ito explains in Japanese in this tweet that SH2's drafts were written by six different people, himself included.

Ito wasn't just the monster art guy like many seem to believe and Owaku wasn't the master writer of psychological horror and epic twists(i forgot i killed my wife). Team Silent was a group of people trying to create something cool together, there was no corporate hierarchy inside their office, which is why the games feel so genuine.
>>
>>389434586
>I saw the prison sequence well in advance of playing the game, but it made no sense because it was completely out of context. When I did eventually see it in game, I didn't think 'oh this scene', I thought 'daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmnnnn......' because I understood its significance.

Even after i played the game i didn't understand what it meant. I thought the prison sunk underwater or something. Only after i read the Silent hill forums for hours and hours that i understood what was going on.
>>
Silent hill 4 it and have the game technically take place in the town but have nothing to do with it
>>
>>389434792
Different anon. It's possible he'd like to come back to the series, even reuniting the entire Team Silent, but Konami are the ones with the IP and it's obvious they have no interest in gaming, outside of whatever cash grab they can think of.
I don't know anything about corporate japan, but it's unlikely that he'd shitpost on twitter about being fired from Konami or having to work on some useless project.
>>
>>389434586

The fact that is significant is made extremely apparent 5 minutes into the game. This isn't something that you won't know the significance of until you reach it. You learn it's significance right at the fucking start of the game. The context is made apparent literally before you even enter the town.
>>
>>389434792
>Gonna need source on this.
@7:47
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lFiAkjaFSo
He might be now, but back then he sure wasn't, otherwise he wouldn't have entirely left the team and company.

It's also one thing to have ideas, and another to write a script. Toyama also made started the Siren series, and that's far less nuanced then Silent Hill. So six people may have been throwing around ideas, but Owaku is still the one who wrote the script. It's one to say 'okay Heather and Vincent will talk in the Church library about the Seal', and another write out the dialogue exchange, including the iconic joke Vincent makes. Same goes for 1 and 2. Compare the three games to 4 and you'll see the difference more clearly. In that sense, yes, Owaku is still the brains, because in a game like this, writing is the base. You're write though - Silent 1-3 is a unique case of everyone on the team clicking together.
>>
Not really my idea, but I liked Yahtzee's concept. Visiting a mother in a nursing home, themes of abandonment, entrapment. Maybe because I had an overbearing mother as well but I really liked that idea, plus it be an interesting compact version of Silent Hill. Instead of having the entire town at your disposal, it'd be a much more oppressive environment, working well with the theme.
>>
>>389424790
>made fun of Twin Perfect by making theme cult members with bad gospel?
What? Did they actually talk about this in their review of Book of Memories?
>>
File: tumblr_naic7tJgFy1rkjvd9o1_1280.jpg (38KB, 600x340px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_naic7tJgFy1rkjvd9o1_1280.jpg
38KB, 600x340px
>>389438410
Yeah, I think they did. Pic related is the page from in-game.
>>
Anyone here think we'll ever get a true sequel to silent hill? Whether made by Team Silent, some western dev or others. Just something that hits all the right notes like the first few Silent Hill games.
PT was obviously shaping up to be just that, although from some of the footage we've seen, it felt a bit too in-your-face. That might've just been for the sake of marketing but who knows at this point.
>>
>>389434169
Box guy.
>>
Make it play like Yakuza with the tonality of Shadow of the Colossus and the themes of D2.
>>
>>389438954
The concept trailer wasn't very pleasing to be honest. There was the walls being covered in bugs and stuff and the giant deformed creature, it felt a little too Hollywood-esque to me. The only thing "Silent Hill" thing in the entire trailer were the industrial fans, which was at least a good signal because that means Kojima or someone from his team knew or noticed that industrial things was at least 50% of Silent Hill. Also the door being blown across the corridor and turning into passageway to an unknown place felt corny, in the original games, the door would just appear or the player would hear a loud noise and go check it out and suddenly a new door or passageway appeared out of nowhere.

It had a good atmosphere but it wasn't the Silent Hill atmosphere that you get in SH1-3.
>>
>>389439970
Exactly. My hope was that it was just for marketing sake. Get those people who don't pay attention to anything unless something is loud in the trailer, using the same tropes we've seen before.
But from the actual PT, while very Kojima in nature, managed to do a lot with very little. Still a bit stereotypical "effect where person is standing still is sped up a thousand times giving a creepy effect", "turn around and jumpscare", etc. But I had some trust Kojima would do right.
>>
>>389422160
wrong, the scarcity of resource is what made them anxious and depressed and silent hill is the result of that hard time
>>
File: IMG_0125.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0125.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>389421854
> yfw you realize the "hole is gone now" is a metaphor for his wife
>>
>>389425053
happens when you are 16 years too late
>>
I would make a walking simulator with ghost jumpscares.
>>
>>389421854
It's set some time in the near future. The protagonist drives up to Silent Hill because he has some business to do there and for as much as you, the player, can see, it's just a normal town filled with people going about their daily stuff. Slowly though, over the course of your stay there, you start to notice that almost everyone tries not to do anything that would be seen as "greatly disruptive" to other people, resulting in some strange events that you, as an outsider, end up involving yourself in

For example, a bit of time after you've arrived, you see a guy just straight up stab someone, kill him, and steal his wallet. The other people around him all clearly notice but don't do anything and just continue walking, so you decide to take it upon yourself to disarm the guy and subdue him. As you're doing this, however, the townsfolk around you all start becoming agitated and start raising their voices at you and saying things like, "Let go of him, you thug!", "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" "You're a fucking criminal, get your hands off him!". You don't like how the situation is developing so you quickly take the killer to the Police station. Upon arriving, you take the killer to the reception desk and talk to the officer to get him processed and formally arrested. Weirdly, the officer greets the guy in your custody like he was his pal and asks him what happened instead of you. Even more weird is that he DOES say exactly what happened, like how he killed someone and was stealing his money before you interrupted him. The officer comforts him and turns his attention on you and sternly warns you that shouldn't have done that. You try arguing but the officer tells you the incident is their responsibility now and tells you to let them handle it while letting the killer go.

You keep seeing this kind of strange behavior goes on, and start to think how insane Silent Hill is when the people act this way and THIS ISN'T EVEN THE MONSTERS.
>>
>>389436754
Elaborate, please, I don't understand what are you talking about.
>>
>>389442741
It's like i said. I thought the prison was a physical place inside the lake. I didn't realize the prison and the maze were being created from James's imagination. Up until that point, the game only had physical places that would get twisted.
>>
>>389443210
true this.
>>
File: Harry Mason.jpg (32KB, 600x509px) Image search: [Google]
Harry Mason.jpg
32KB, 600x509px
>>389421854
REmake treatment for SH1.
I'd be happy even if they'd just use SH3's engine.
>>
File: why not just nuke silent hill.jpg (40KB, 640x330px) Image search: [Google]
why not just nuke silent hill.jpg
40KB, 640x330px
>>389421854
>>389446067
if a new team silent game came out my pc wouldn't even run it at low settings, so whatever..
>>
>>389439106
Is the creator of LS still making games? I know he did some songs for Hotline Miami but that's about it
>>
File: 1499845587339.png (10KB, 855x177px) Image search: [Google]
1499845587339.png
10KB, 855x177px
How is one man so right in everything he says
>>
File: SH3 douglas smile.jpg (164KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SH3 douglas smile.jpg
164KB, 1024x768px
>>389447742
You sure about that? TS were masters of art-directing and optimization. It's easy to forget that this was a 2003 PS2 game, running on the weakest home console of its era, which has mere specs worth a mere 1/20th or something of modern gaming machines.
>>
>>389423802
Fuck off with your remasters and remakes already, the perfect way to say "Guys we don't know how make make games anymore, buy this one you already played aged ago, with better graphics ;) (the game may be poorly coded)".
Devs are becoming George Lucas tier.
>>
>>389448443
yet REmake ended up being not only a significant upgrade, but also the pinnacle of its entire genre.
>>
>>389447749
He is making topdown Dark Souls or something.
>>
File: hm.png (1024KB, 712x925px) Image search: [Google]
hm.png
1024KB, 712x925px
>>389448308
homecoming was the first one I played, I was thinking about getting into 4
>>
>>389448601
>homecoming was the first one I played,
Good god... why??

>I was thinking about getting into 4
I hope and assume you mean AFTER playing through SH1-3, in release order, each one multiple times, like any sane person?
>>
>>389448562
https://youtu.be/h4xumGZRHqI?t=444
Nope,just the scariest game in existance
>>
File: 99.jpg (262KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
262KB, 480x678px
>>389448724
o-okay
>>
>>389421854
Konami killed Team Silent, there will never be another good Silent Hill game.
>>
>>389449048
..."okay"? What kind of answer is that?
It's well known FACT that Silent Hills 1-4 are the ONLY games in the series truly worth your time. The rest were made by various, random, no-name western devs, who have only managed to butcher the entire IP, and even keep beating the dead corpse.

Grab the games from these links : >>389426481 . Forget EVERYTHING you may have ""learned"" from Homocoming.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.