[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never played a Castlevania game(to my great shame) I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 1504209498782.jpg (108KB, 1226x571px) Image search: [Google]
1504209498782.jpg
108KB, 1226x571px
I have never played a Castlevania game(to my great shame)

I can't even fully appreciate this meme image to it's fullest.

What's the proper path to start these games? Preferable with a "Castle Kino" as some have labeled them.
>>
>>389415124
Let me prepare the list.

Bump.
>>
>chad meme
>kino meme

OP should consider suicide immediately.
>>
>>389415745

Don't be rude
>>
>>389415745
Why do you need to be like that anon?
>>
This meme is nothing but hardcore fucking Stockholm syndrome for your school bullies and only permalosers like you can relate and find it funny. Kill yourselves you fucking shitstains.
>>
>>389416174

You realize that nobody ACTUALLY acts like that, right? And the chad isn't a bully anyway
>>
>>389415124
The best start is Symphony of the Night or Dawn of Sorrow. Both work wonders either way, and deliver strong core experience.

After that, you can move onto everything else, as you see fot. With special consideration for Circle of the Moon is one of the most difficult games in the Igavania series.

As for the Classic series, next post.
>>
>>389417114
I forgot.

Castlevania 2 for the NES is an Igavania, also, and demands a guide from the messy translation and messy puzzles.

As for Classicvania.

Rondo of Blood is the best possible start for the Classicvania series. No doubt about it.

After that, you could go anywhere, with consideration that the earliest the game in the series, the harder it gets until it caps with CV3, which is an already hard Japanese game made harder for America.
>>
>>389417114
>>389417616

Thank you, anon
>>
>>389416174
>being this /r9k/
holy KEK
>>
>>389416327
>>389418140
i think reacting to it like that is a meme too at this point
>>
>>389417616
Then there is the 3D games, the most divisive as every game plays completely different from the other.

The best by far is Lords of Shadow, though it bears mentioning that it doesn't feel much like Castlevania for 2/3rds of the game. Good game, but approach with open mind.

After that, Lament of Innocence is the only one that can truly be called good, with a solid DMC flavor.

Curse of Darkness level and gameplay design suffers. Lords of Shadow 2 tried to cram too many set piece cinematic gameplay and suffered from it. The N64 are an acquired taste, to say the least.
>>
>>389417864
Play aria of sorrow first Dawn is a sequel
>>
>>389419116
>Aria of Sorrow
Where's Bones when you need him?
>>
>>389415124
If this is a Castlevania thread, I'd like to say that I recently bought Order of Ecclesia (and it was unreasonably pricy) and I've really enjoyed it so far, but I feel the game is a little on the short side compared to other DS/GBA Castlevanias, I've still got most of Dracula's Castle to clear yet and I've certainly had fun but it's the sort of game I just wish was longer.

I think out of all the GBA/DS Castlevanias, Portrait of Ruin might be my favourite, it feels like the "biggest" Castlevania, has a variety of environments, lots of skills/spells which cover a wide variety of different attacks, the weapons feel great (I love the Vampire Killer in this game), the enemy variety is pretty good and I don't know why but I really enjoyed the whole "mastering skills" thing. My only real gripe is the portraits after you beat the sisters being rehashes of the ones you were just in, but I suppose it's better than them never existing. I think it OoE had more stuff like the Nest of Evil to just add more to the game it would probably end up as my favourite.
>>
>>389415124
>belittles religion

That's what Dracula does though you idiot.
>>
File: 1501140581474.png (597KB, 1280x431px) Image search: [Google]
1501140581474.png
597KB, 1280x431px
>>389418813
And finally, there is the special cases.

Harmony of Despair is an online multiplayer game that is downright sadistic on new players and demands grinding to do good, thanks to a time limit on levels. The bosses could have so much HP, and your team composition too shit, and your gear underleveled, that the stage is practically unwinnable.

I dont even know if the servers are still up, and single player aggravates the situation.

Mirror of Fate is Lords of Shadow Igavania. Haven't played it, but I hear it is possibly the worst Castlevania game in the franchise.

And there is Castlevania Judgement, a two-button 3D fighting game for the Wii that is terribly unbalanced and a very silly story and character design.

Avoid these.

Finally, there is Akumajou Dracula Tensei, Keep hte ROCK!! SexXx Whip Succubus Gaiden, which is an Erotic Strip Tease game licensed by Konami for Japanese PC.

It is an RPG of sorts with simple game-play, but the real catch is the all-female part and the erotic elements.

For instance, all equipment show on the characters, and you can REMOVE equipment. You can have Shanoa topless and walking around in town, while the villagers gawk, for instance.

You can play the whole game naked, and losing a fight gets you a scene of the girls getting into softcore antics like licking a succubus feet, getting whipped, or dressed like topless bunnies for Dracula's amusement.
>>
As far as Castlevania games go, Harmony of Dissonance is a guilty pleasure. It's not really a good game and a really weak Castlevania title but there's just something about it I find oddly intriguing. It feels like a fanmade game loaded with weird fanmade enemies and fanmade music, I don't know, it's like a trainwreck I can't look away from.
>>
>>389420130
The party is made of:

Shanoa (The Heroine)
Charlotte
Young Maria
Carmilla
Mina Hakuba
Sypha Belnades
An original qt crossbow vampire huntress
Maxim
An original werewolf girl
And that girl from Castlevania 64
>>
>>389415745
>the virgin post
>>
>>389417616
alternative to this a lot of people started with SCVIV if you want to be true to the "i grew up in the 80s/90s" experience.

super fucking sucks tho imo, a lot of people like it the most regardless of my shit opinion
>>
File: 1495546638562s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495546638562s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>389420130
>You can have Shanoa topless and walking around in town, while the villagers gawk, for instance.

L-Lewd....!!
>>
>>389415124
Please don't make these memes if you don't even know how to make them right.
>>
>>389420130
I can't find the lewd game at all?
>>
>>389420130
What the hell is the last one?
>>
>>389420470
>>389420130
If this is bait, then bravo my friend.
>>
>>389421404
Also interested
>>
>>389416174
it's a meme, not meant to be taken seriously, you filthy virgin
>>
>>389421404
>>389421792

Not real you mongs.
>>
>>389421792
>>389421758
>>389421404
>>389421330
>>389420961

Okay, that last one isn't actually a game.

Yet.

Google dlsite H.H.Works. And check back in a few months.

We only make the greatest exhibitionism doujinshis in Japan.
>>
>>389415124
Where and how did this Virgin vs. Chad meme start off?
>>
>>389422673
There was a picture that was the "Virgin walk" which was basically making fun of unkempt nerds who walk while looking at the ground.

Someone made a followup with the "Chad Stride" which was someone who was super confident to the point of extreme.

And it went from there.
>>
>>389422914
And now faggots like OP think that it means "Things I Don't Like versus Things I Like" which is completely wrong. They are supposed to be direct comparison opposites.
>>
File: 1504211384645.jpg (21KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1504211384645.jpg
21KB, 480x272px
I'm doing a luck mode run in Sotn right now and debating whether or now I should spend time farming money for the duplicator.
>>
Castlevania, Dracula's Curse, 4, Rondo of Blood, Bloodlines, SOTN, Belmont's Revenge, Adventure Rebirth, and all of the CBS and DS games

Those are the only Castlevania games you should play. The rest are shit or 3D games
>>
>>389423148
Belmont detected.
>>
>>389423294
>right-to-left english speech bubbles

May whoever edited this suffer much pain.
>>
>>389422914
It's kind of important to note that "The Virgin Walk" was showcasing plenty of things that really weren't notably bad and had the punchline "is insecure about how he walks," so The Chad Stride was designed to be the polar opposite to the point of ridiculousness to make fun of the pretense of the original author (hence the punchline "does not read stupid shit drawn by Quentin").

The fact that none of the other ones made are actually one made in earnest with one satirizing the former kind of devalues them, though those that actually adhere to the "totally normal stuff portrayed in a negative light vs. stupid, over the top opposite portrayed as ideal" are at least reasonably amusing.

t. mene expert
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.