[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER LIKE HOLY SHIT Hard mode:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1488814489078.png (217KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1488814489078.png
217KB, 512x384px
HOW DO YOU BEAT THIS MOTHERFUCKER LIKE HOLY SHIT

Hard mode: no grinding or going out of your way to get gear not available in the nearby towns.
>>
>>389406545
>how do I beat an enemy in a rpg
>no grinding silly boys!
lol Just give up then fuckboi
>>
>>389406545
>no grinding
>Dragon Quest
>
>>
>>389406545
I don't even remember which DQ game this is from. All the ones on the DS look the same.
>>
>>389406716
Fighting normal random encounters isn't "grinding", that's called playing the game. Only when you go out of your way to get into battles is it grinding. Recently people seem to think that any random battles makes a game 'grindy'.
>>
>>389406896
Still, Dragon Quest is the grind to win kind of jrpg. There's very little strategy beyond raw numbers.
>>
File: 1478903270223.png (47KB, 200x204px) Image search: [Google]
1478903270223.png
47KB, 200x204px
>>389406675
>>389406716
Fuck you guys, I was told the grinding was just a meme and I already grinded a fair bit.
>>389406763
It's IV.
>>
>>389407208
Who's in your party? Nothing in IV is particularly difficult.
>>
>>389406545
use hero/ine, alena, meena, kiryl if you need extra heals, ragnar if you need extra damage
then just win
>>
>>389407615
I'm trying with Hero, Meena, Kiryl and Maya. Kiryl buff and Maya sap. The problem is that ice breath does ~50% to everyone, is seemingly not affected by def, not affected by fizzle, and he can very well cast it once per turn. Plus he acts twice per turn. And yes I have iron shields.
>>
>>389407192
Depends on the game. Last time I played the SNES version of Dragon Quest 3 party composition made a difference, buffs and debuffs made a difference, finding hidden equipment made a difference, trading in medals made a difference, even the personality test thing at the start of the game made a difference. And of course the fancy shit you get from winning a game of Pachisi can change everything. Hell, even the infamous instant death spells turned out to be useful since they can completely trash certain high HP encounters that would normally take several turns.
>>
>>389408406
you can basically do the whole game as
Hero Maya Alena, Kiryl, or Hero Ragnar Alena Maya

unless you're shit, or underleveled
>>
>>389406545
USE BUFFS RETARD
>>
>>389406545
Have you considered exploring the rest of the world now that you have a full party and a boat? Doing stuff out of order to be able to beat that boss is actually the best part of the game.
>>
>>389408406
breath damage is not affected by anything except insulatle.
>>
>>389408347
This, you think buffing your party is the right answer in DQ but it actually prolongs the fight and wears you down when physical damage is superior.

>spent at least two hours fighting Psaro and lost because I tried buffing shit
>switch to Ragnar, Alena, and Meena on heals
>win easily

Also Kiryl actually becomes the superior healer but I used Meena and Maya because I liked them while running the harem team.
>>
>>389408890
If you like slugging matches then why wouldn't you love that spell that increases a fighter's attack power by 100 fucking percent? Endgame bosses love to cancel all buffs and debuffs but watching them waste turns on that shit instead of something actually dangerous is fun in itself
>>
CHOOSE THE PARTY OPTION. PARTY WITH THAT MOFO
>>
File: 1491524803535.png (43KB, 153x154px) Image search: [Google]
1491524803535.png
43KB, 153x154px
Well, I ended up beating him by just retrying until I got lucky and he didn't spam ice breath on me.
>>
>>389410621
well I hope you learned something anon
>>
You never need to grind in dragon quest games, you just need to fight a sufficient number of battles to be properly leveled, if you make it to your destination and are underleveled you don't grind you just coincidentally encounter some more enemies until you're the proper level. People that say you need to grind in dragon quest are just idiots.
>>
>>389411247
That RNG is bullshit and devs who use it should be shot?
>>
>>389411465
yeah. if you just beat your head against the wall hard enough for long enough, you'll either break your head or the wall.
>>
>>389411465
NO FUCKING LEARN TO READ WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU GODDAMN
>>
>Not having Taloon stunlock bosses

smhtbhwyf
>>
I never grinded in IV. Get lucky OP.

Or just play V
>>
>>389414328
V is the best DQ and I really wish the characters wife wasn't so underleveled when you get her back.
>>
>>389415443
She level ups really fast in all fairness and it's extremely easy to farm Liquid Metal Slimes/Metal King Slimes
>>
Why do you guys hate VIII?
>>
>>389416734
I don't and I'm taking a break from VIII because I played V before it then got to a good stopping point to play other games because I got burnt out on jrpgs.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.