[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game takes such a heavy dive in quality after Mirage Saloon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: mania logo.png (446KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
mania logo.png
446KB, 1200x700px
This game takes such a heavy dive in quality after Mirage Saloon. I enjoyed the game but to say that the second half is better than, or even as good as the, first half is crazy.
>>
>>389400898
>Not liking Metallic Madness and Titanic Monarch
What
>>
>>389400898
I understand not liking Mirage Saloon because Sky Chase gameplay is fucking shit, but fuck you for not liking Titanic Monarch.
>>
>>389401129
fpbp
>>389401256
spbp
if you can't beat TMZ1 in ~4 minutes right now you're a casual
>>
But Oil Ocean and Lava Reef are after Mirage Saloon and they're two of the best levels in the game.
>>389401129
Don't know what this fag's on about though
>>
Nah. Metallic madness, hydrocity, oil ocean, and lava reef are kino. TM is a garbage ass zone though, will give you that
>>
>>389400898
The whole game was fucking great actually. Only parts I didn't like as much were Hydrocity and Oil Ocean. Why couldn't we have had Starlight Zone instead of those two?
>>
oil ocean and lava reef are pretty shit and the lowest point for me, but metallic madness is probably my favourite zone in the game, titanic monarch isn't even that bad of a final zone.
>>
File: Collective meh.jpg (55KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
Collective meh.jpg
55KB, 400x303px
>Implying it hasn't right at the beginning

The game looks and feels good, with a top notch soundtrack, but then I realized it felt exactly like going through fucking Sonic Advance 2.

Except much easier.

The stupid thing is, I'm not afraid to say it, the original Sonic game is legitimately harder for me since I never experienced the originals along with my brothers (I grew with the Advance and Rush titles as the peasant that I am despite being 25) while as this simply hands you the "experience". I'd much rather learn to beat Sonic 1 and the rest of the games no matter how long it takes than go through this loop-de-loop without feeling any sort of achievement whatsoever.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not feeling it, that's all I'll say.
>>
>>389400898
Oil Ocean is sick
Metalic Madness and titanic Monarch are pretty gud
Mirage Saloon was pretty disappointing, I'll give you that, the lowest point of the game
>>
>>389401860
Oli Ocean would be a great level if it wasn't for the 2nd boss.
>>
>>389401129
>>389401256
>>389401382

Why is TM so polarizing

/v/ hated it on release and now its waifu status
>>
File: Screenshot_20170904-190906~2.png (47KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170904-190906~2.png
47KB, 204x204px
>people on here really think Oil Ocean is hard
Other than that.. why does most of /v/ seem to hate it? It's my one of my favs in the gane
>>
Do v-sync cause controller delay or should I leave it on?
>>
>>389402442

Stop being a shitter.
>>
>>389401129
have you gone mad? Those are without a doubt, the worst stages in the game
>>
>>389402225
Congrats, except nobody cares because this is the first genesis style sonic game that feels fast. Combining the speed of the 3D games with the controls and level design of the 2D games would make the perfect sonic game, and thats exactly what sonic mania is
>>
>>389403236
I never even said or implied that it's hard, I just don't like it. There's not much imagination to it, just duck under the lasers and destroy one of the tentacles.
>>
>>389402859
It's not even hard, it's just lame. The first act is just kind of there, not even notable. The second act has that annoying smog shit that's just as annoying as the ghost shit in Sandopolis. The bosses aren't even that great either, although the octopus is kind of cool.
>>
>>389403421

Then try not doing the easy way out and stay above the platforms? If your style of play is boring than thats on you.
>>
>>389400898
>>389401129
Hydrocity and Metallic Madness were really fun. Titanic monarch is ok but the overabundance of purple gravity orbs was lame. Oil Ocean and lava reef were meh tier.
>>
File: 1457119961085.jpg (18KB, 278x248px) Image search: [Google]
1457119961085.jpg
18KB, 278x248px
THREAD IS FUCKING DYING, LET'S RATE THE LEVELS

Titanic Monarch>Stardust Speedway>Press Garden>Metallic Madness>Studiopolis>Chemical Plant>Oil Ocean>Green Shill>Flying Battery>Lava Reef>Hydrocity>Saloon Mirage
>>
>>389404020

Nah, let this shit thread die.
>>
>>389404020
in order from best to worst
>Metallic Madness
>Flying Battety
>Mirage Saloon (as Knuckles)
>Press Garden
>Studiopolis
>Chemical Plant
>Oil Ocean
>Green Hill
>Stardust Speedway
>Lava Reef
>Hydrocity
>Titanic Monarch
>>
>Green Hill
9/10
>Chemical Plant
9/10
>Studiopolis
8/10 (2nd act is meh)
>Flying Battery
8/10
>Stardust Speedway
7/10 (2nd act is meh)
>Press Garden
8/10 (1st act is meh, 2nd is fantastic)
>Hydrocity
3/10 (how did they manage to destroy the best level in S3?)
>Mirage Saloon
7/10 (2nd act is the shit, shame about the first act, even Knuckles' is underwhelming)
>Oil Ocean
5/10
>Lava Reef
6/10
>Metallic Madness
9/10 (if you don't have fun playing this level just neck yourself)
>Titanic Monarch
6/10 (2nd act drags the score down, 1st one was good)
>>
>>389403336
Titan Monarch is the best final stage before a last boss there is in a 2D Sonic game.

True facts here: Titanic Monarch>Scrap Brain>Death Egg>Winged Fortress
>>
>good levels
everything but hydrocity
>okay levels
hydrocity
its the only level worse than its original counterpart
also how the fuck you guys hating on mirage saloon all the sudden what the fuck
>>
>>389405009
Death Egg shits all over Titanic Monarch
>>
>>389405117
>liking death egg
this is another opinion i dont get
act 2 is shit and the goddamn gravity boss is the worst boss in classic sonic
>>
>>389405117
Titanic Monarch has the best flow in a final level compared to all the other ones. Maybe not one big course of hazards like Scrap Brain but still very fun.
>>
>>389405462
I agree I don't get why people don't like it, especially the semi-Metrovania feel in Act 2.

The only legitimate complaint I would give it is those flying turret badniks.
>>
>>389406012
They aren't even bad since you can out run them most of the time. If you are somewhere where you cannot then you just hit them since they are defenseless flying around.
>>
>>389407115
They make exploring fucking annoying because they place them in the most asshole locations. It's either keep moving forward or take that split second to figure out how to destroy them while rotating in that purple ball before they hit you. On top of that you have to think about the timer since it's one of the most time consuming levels in the game.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.