[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Option to kill off Michael >Option to kill of Trevor >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: gta-v.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
gta-v.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
>Option to kill off Michael
>Option to kill of Trevor
>No option to kill off the most boring character, Franklin

All this time later this still bothers me. Sure, Trevor is a walking cliché, and Michael maybe a bad family man, but Franklin is a boring hypocrite.

All he ever does through the whole story is whine about how he wants to get out of the hood, even after he moves to a huge house in the hills, even while robbing fucking banks with Trevor an Michael.

All he ever does is act like he's the most stable of the trio, but really he murders and steals just as much as the other two do.

I hate Franklin so much. He's a one note bore, and I'm forced to keep him alive at the end no matter what.
>>
>Nigger
There is your answer anon.
>>
>>389396785
Just pull a gun out in front of the cops, done deal
>>
>cutting off access to any of the three playable characters

Option C is the only option.
>>
>>389396785

Franklin feels like a flat CJ clone they threw in at the last minute.
>>
Then don't play as him? Who even cares anymore GTAV was a dud
>>
Even Big Bear is a more interesting character than Franklin but come on. Did anyone who's not an edgelord truly liked Trevor? Especially after what he did to my Johnny boy?
>>
>>389396785
I heard a rumour they were planning on having option c actually kill franklin because they found voice files that hinted at Lamarr becoming playable in his place
>>
>>389397497
Oh yeah, Deathwish is the only real way to go.

It's kinda dumb anyway. "Want to kill one of the people you've been playing as all along?"

The answer is always no. Why would I? I have nothing to gain
>>
>>389396785
you can't have two middle-aged crackers kill a black man in the times we live in, OP. what are ya some kind of bigot?
>>
Trevor's the one who's going to canonically die anyways
His actions make him pretty much the "asshole who gives you missions and is also a big dick about everything, so you end up killing him when he starts crossing the line" type of guy
>>
>>389397329
>>389396785
We have a winner.
>>
/v/ can only see the most obvious traits, completely ignoring anything else. This way story that doesn't explain complexity of the characters and their actions in most blatant ways is completely lost and games that spend time revealing everything for the crowd to see and make that crowd proud of itself for figuring out such simple plot are considered masterpieces.
>>
>>389398017
>Michael kills Stretch.jpg
>>
>>389396785

I'm pretty sure Rockstar viewed Franklin as the main protagonist. He's boring as shit though, I agree. The original plan was to have Franklin killed and Lamar would've taken his place.
>>
>>389398475
it was okay to kill him. he light-skinned.
>>
Liking Franklin the least is the most underage opinion you could have, he is the only one of the three who is even slightly believable.
And Trevor is just reddit humor: the character.
>>
>>389397894
Pretty much my thoughts, but that's the problem, him killing JimJon is such a polarizing thing. Either you played and liked TLAD and hated Trevor for killing him, or you didn't and you didn't care. They should have had him do something fucked up that anyone would have found offensive, not just people who played the last game. Another thing I hate is how the whole game was set up towards the choice at the end, yet it gives you a good, lose-nothing good ending choice anyway. Before GTA5 was released they said they wanted you to constantly be questioning whether Michael or Trevor was worse, so having that choice at the end made sense, but only in the way they originally intended. Originally deathwish would have actually killed Franklin, but instead it's just a perfect ending and choosing the other two endings only punishes you for it.
>>
>>389398798
believable? Sure. Entertaining? Not as much. I'd still pick him over Trevor, but Franklin was a fucking grunt. He spends the whole game doing the same thing - being someone else's bitch.
>>
>>389397329
fpbp
>>
I've always struggled to actually finish GTA games because I spend so much time doing side missions or just fucking around having shoot outs, with V even the fucking around got boring quick and the story wasn't all that great, just some guys have their own reasons to rob banks, would've have been fun as a kid but we've all seen all the movies and tv now that's just a regular old story

Don't even get me started on GTA:O
>>
>>389398289
Probably. They did the same to Derrick, who was a determinant character in GTA 4. Now as it turns out, he dies no matter what you chose.
>>
>>389398798
They're all dislikeable in some way, purposefully so I imagine, but Franklin is the only one who's a hypocrite about it all and refuses to acknowledge his flaws.
>>
>>389398798
Agreed. Trevor is for the Reddit and Memey audience
>>
>>389396785
C was meant to be dead Franklin but they pussied out
>>
>>389398798
Trevor is the only good thing about that shit game.
>>
>>389397896
>Lamarr becoming playable in his place
I wish we got Trevor and Lamarr working together selling massive amounts of drugs.The misssion with both of them together are great.
>>
>>389399445
>play GTAO
>Lamar fucks up everything and achieves nothing, probably loses shitton if cash
>Trevor fucks up everything and achieves nothing, definetly loses shitton of cash
This combo should be called "How to die in 2 easy steps"
>>
>>389398759
>>389398017
That wouldn't make any fucking sense you dumb faggot. What reason would either of them have to kill off Franklin? Just think for 10 fucking minutes without shitting your pant about some politically correct boogyman raping your butthole
>>
>>389399839
>fucks up everything and achieves nothing
That's GTA5 in a nutshell.
>>
>>389400036
>Franklin moves out of his house in the ghetto he shared with his Aunt, manipulates the stock market with Lester, and makes enough money to invest in several businesses around town
din' achieve nuthin'
>>
>tfw latest GTA:O update has a total value of over 60+ million

Anyone know if hacking money is still a common thing or has that been cut down since gunrunning, only got around 20m in hacker bonds.
>>
The game was obviously originally supposed to be about just Michael and Trevor, but some jew exec probably forced the black guy in there last minute and they had to rewrite some stuff for Franklin but he's still generally out of place everywhere.
>>
>>389399973
he knew too much.
>>
>>389400565
Franklin is supposed to act as the third party to the story, similar to the player.
>>
I heard that originally, choosing "Deathwish" means Franklin would die but Michael and Trevor would be saved, and you would get to play as Lamar instead of Franklin. That would have been a great ending
>>
>>389400912
That's kinda retarded, no?
>>
>>389396785
The option to kill Michael or Trevor feels forced. Deathwish is an actual mission while the previous two or both just car chases.
>>
>>389401230
Ego: Michael
Superego: Trevor
Id: Franklin
>>
>>389400802
Knew too much of what? He was just as deep as the rest of them but at least he was relatively stable. Trevor was angry about Michael fucking off to San Andreas for years, making him a threat to everyone involved in the cover-up. Franklin had no reason to tell anyone anything and he has proven himself to by loyal to his friends. He saved lamars ass on several different occasions, helped the crackhead couple by doing their impound job, and helped both Trevor and Michael. Theres no reason for anyone to turn around and say "oh no; he knows too much. lets kill him off"
>>
File: 1484624067358.png (195KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1484624067358.png
195KB, 417x578px
>>389401335
>Superego: Trevor
>>
>>389401335
>Fruedian bullshit

go home gamer girl
>>
>>389399107

Michael, Franklin and Trevor are all stooges throughout most of the game. The ending was cool, but not so gratifying. I mean, the whole game is

>"Alright, one more job. Then I'm done."
>Done
>"We need you to do one more thing."
>"Alright, one more job."
>>
>>389401335
id not Trevor...?Que?
>>
>>389401406
you know both of the "kill A or B" endings were built up on bullshit writing also, right? franklin is only asked to kill trevor because he's a loose cannon and considered by steve haines to be a threat to the FIB. he's asked to kill michael because he kept meddling with devin weston's business ventures. franklin had no personal reason to kill either of them, it was all some guy pulling the strings. it wouldn't be hard to have another authority, like the ballas, stretch, or anyone else franklin interacted with to have franklin killed for his part in everything.
>>
>>389396785

Deathwish is the only ending that makes any kind of sense from a narrative standpoint (that is, that the game had sufficiently build up to enough). It wasn't great, but still fit our moral expectations. The Trevor/Michael deaths are so out of the blue-depressing that they feel cheap; the game didn't spend enough time exploring Franklin's options and how much pressure he was under, and you don't get the sense he has to make a difficult decision.
>>
File: 250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (31KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
31KB, 250x300px
no ending will be worse than this, where you're forced to play as his faggot son
>>
>>389401461
>>389401816
Trevor is constantly ostracizing Michael for not being loyal to his friends and his crew, which is why he's the super-ego.
Franklin's primary goal is to make something of himself, and has no siding between either of the other protagonists up until you choose who you want to kill, if any.
>>
I feel like neither Michael nor Trevor should have been protagonists. There story would work much better as the two bosses you work for. Gta 5 had the potential to be an interesting story, the dynamic between Michael and Trevor was the best part, but got held back by Crazy Trevor and a lack of taking it's self serious.
>>
>>389402431
It made the post game make sense

Plus getting revenge for your dad, the logo popping up on the screen and that song kicking in is amazing
>>
>>389402431
>Work ya damn nag!
How come Jack was so hostile to the horses?
>>
>>389402335

Yeah, I did the other two options later on and they just felt so out of place, Michael especially so.
>>
>>389398798
Oh yes, I am playing GTA games for the story. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>389397329
Racist.
>>
>>389402896
Because the horse he rode as a child wasn't fast enough to get back to his father in time.

That wasn't obvious?
>>
>>389397894

He's literally me and I fucking love myself, only pussy sissyboys dislike the best man
>>
Why the fuck did they even bother making three endings? Tens of man hours and thousands of dollars must have went into the Trevor/Michael death endings, and they're a fucking waste that nobody wants to do.
>>
>>389403491

It feels like something that was created more as an afterthought
>>
>>389400565
The DLC for GTAIV with the similar 3-part narrative makes me not think that but rather that someone down the line forced Franklins character to become as stale as a piece of cardboard to make him the straight man for players to insert as while Michael and Trevor are too eccentric to personify the player which is utter bullshit.

>>389398798
Trevor is literally GTA3 Era: The character
Michael was HBO tv show: The character
Both have a better place in a GTA game than Cardboard Man.
>>
>>389403491

Because faggots keep asking for alternate endings and all of that useless shit. I hate that it takes so long to replay a single fucking mission, it makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>389396785
How do you kill something that never truly lived?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.