[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems a good game and I'm looking for a new fps, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (33KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
33KB, 460x215px
It seems a good game and I'm looking for a new fps, but why would I bought anything that isn't the cheaper option? What's the deal with the 4 different ways to buy this thing?
>>
>>389395664
The game has an in-game currency (renown) used to unlock operators and items. The starting amount, and more importantly the rate at which you earn renown, is determined by the version you buy. Starter pack: barely enough to buy a few operators, and you'll have to grind literally hundred of hours to get more. Deluxe edition basically gives all the operators for free plus more renown for items and skins.

Starter pack is a scam used to make you pay twice for the game. Trust me, you're NOT going to enjoy playing the same 3 operators all the time.
>>
Whatever you do, DONT BUY THE STARTER EDITION. I can't stress this enough
>>
I bought the starter pack about a year ago it's not that bad I unlock a new operator every 3 weeks or so causally playing. Make sure you spread your operators out for the challenges for extra renown
>>
File: 1485110200359.gif (2MB, 216x150px) Image search: [Google]
1485110200359.gif
2MB, 216x150px
>>389395664
>friend bought me the starter edition but others the normal edition because of a sale
>no way to upgrade
This still fucking upset me. I HAVE 100 HOURS IN THE GAME AND HAVE ONLY BEEN ABLE TO UNLOCK FOUR OPERATORS.
>>
>>389397732
>100 hours and only four operators
that's just a lie
>>
>>389395664
why would you not buy PUBG

>literally 50 times as many people are playing it, it must be bad!!!!!!

that said, don't bother if you don't have SSD.
>>
>>389397840
He could be right. Maybe 4 is pushing it but 5 is not too off
>>
>>389397840
No, No it isn't.
I have six operators. The starter edition gives you two for free and 600 free R6 credits.
I bought one with the free credits and have only been able to unlock three others since.
If you have the Starter Edition default operators cost 12.5k renown a piece and everyone else costs 25k. It legitimately does take that long.
I do the challenges and win most of my matches, too.
Starter Edition fucking sucks
>>
>>389397732
Lol git gud scrub. I have 80 hours logged and I have 4 offense/defense OPS, almost got enough for one of the new ops ;)
>>
>>389398034
I agree starter edition is trash and nobody should get it but by 200 hours and doing challenges and shit you should have more, also dont focus on buying all the ops, a lot of them are memes like castle
>>
>>389398238
>200
I said 100 for starters.
>>
>>389398318
you said 200 before did you edit it to make me feel bad?
>>
>>389398521
You can't edit posts on 4chan, but it's okay anon, I forgive you
>>
>>389397970
I don't play early access trash.
>>
>>389398238
You're legit fucking bad at siege if you think castle isn't god tier.
>>
>>389397342
>>389396131
I bought the standard edition
I've had for like 2 or weeks and got like 8 operators unlocked
I haven't really bothered with a lot of the content so I haven't felt the grind
>>
>>389398997
but castle sucks
>>
>>389399081
even if you played competitive that's statistically impossible. 300 or so credits a match does not equate to 8 operators in two weeks even if you only got the 12.5k ones.
>>
>>389398997
He is not good
>>
File: A DUD.gif (82KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
A DUD.gif
82KB, 550x400px
How do I play Blitz?
I feel like I get shot all the time even with my shield up, and people still kill me even after I flash, like it doesn't have any range.
>>
>>389398238
> he doesn't ruin mira, castle, mute, double roamer with his friends
Nigger you're missing out on some easy ass rounds of defense.
>>
Just be aware that you're going to get brutally stomped on for the first dozen or so hours you play. Super low TTK, not the best explained mechanics and a huge emphasis on placement makes it very difficult to get a good grasp on for a newbie.

It's alright if you're able to sick it out though.
>>
>>389395664
The game is good. The regular editions go on sale often enough that you don't need the discounted starter edition.
>>
>>389399595
Play him like he doesn't have a shield. Always drone dangerous areas. Never window breach.
>>
>>389398850
ah but you're willing to play microtransaction based ubisoft game with a huge cheater problem and requiring its own login program. clearly you have high standards

>missing out on PUBG because of REE EARLY ACCESS

lol, your loss friend. honestly.
>>
File: Battlegrounds.png (83KB, 468x111px) Image search: [Google]
Battlegrounds.png
83KB, 468x111px
>>389400043
Old screenshot I took a month back or so. PUBG is pretty bad and unpolished and I don't get why people here feel the need to try to shill it so much when it's already getting the normie bucks.
>>
>>389400167
ive been playing games for 30+ years bro. "polish" just doesn't even matter anymore

its like how I would much rather watch a 240p cell phone copy of a movie at home rather than go see it in the theatre. The game allows me to do things I think are fun, so why the fuck does it matter if it's finished or not

>this game is really fun
>BUT IT'S NOT FINISHED!!
>how does that affect the amount of fun whatsoever?
>IT'S NOT FINISHED

it's a nonsense non-argument. No video game is ever finished anymore unless it's ABANDONED.
>>
>>389400323
As pathetic as you being a 40 year old virgin on /v/ is, lack of polish can impact the "fun" of a game depending on what's unpolished. The gunplay and overall feel to PUBG is very clunky and it's not a satisfying shooter, nor is it the first of its kind by any means.
Sorry Chad
>>
>>389400529
ive had sex with 28 women and i'm 35

it's not all it's cracked up to be. love is the best.

> lack of polish can impact the "fun" of a game depending on what's unpolished.
except it's not impacting it and the greater gaming community clearly thinks it isn't

anyway, not a pubg thread.

ps. being first of its kind is meaningless, it was the first game to get over the hump and provide this gametype in a way that is fun and doesn't require wasting hours. Doing something first doesn't matter ever. Doing it first RIGHT matters.

There were hundreds of side scrolling platformers before mario

The fuckin screen didn't scroll by itself smoothly in those games though. It moved to another screen, like switching cards. Does mario not matter?
>>
>>389400735
>the greater gaming community
>argument ad populum
By your logic League of Legends is the best game ever made.
>>
>>389400825
as it turns out, most things that are exceptionally popular are good

argument ad populum is not a logical fallacy. if it is, then the entire idea of assigning quality or ratings or judgment to anything is fallacious

p.s. I can tell you're 15 when you just write the name of a logical fallacy like it's going to win you an argument. Take some debate classes and see how far that goes. You will literally get smashed by fuckin dumb uneducated people trying that shit.
>>
>>389400947
>y-y-you're 15
Lol.
You're a 40 year old on /v/ and no 40 year old who has had sex 28 times goes on /v/, stop trying to take a high ground you basement dwelling manchild
Popular does not automatically mean good. Popularity can come from being good but that's not always the case.
>>
stop roleplaying (You) fag
>>
>>389401073
>You're a 40 year old on /v/ and no 40 year old who has had sex 28 times goes on /v/

dude there are probably several hundred people who fit that description who come here. this site isn't for children and surprise many of us use the boards that aren't just 100% shitposting.
>>
>>389401146
Any 40 year old with enough grasp on his life to be able to fuck that many times wouldn't waste his time on 4chan or even playing video games as more than just a secondary hobby. Don't kid yourself.
>>
>pubkek starts shitting up a siege thread
>>
>>389401324
>pubkeks are 40 year old Chads
Does this really surprise anyone
>>
>>389400947
Holy shit, not the guy you're responding to, but you fucking type like a 12 year old. I'm just about as old as you, and I'm not this retarded.
Stop making us look bad, faggot.
>>
Let's get the thread back from pubg fags.
What are your thoughts on the three new operators? Quite frankly I found Ela to be basically broken in the test server and can only hope they nerf her, she's a really good roamer and her mines are pretty good on top of that.
Liason is also really good in that he's a straigh Kapkan upgrade and his traps are actually really good and plentiful. Getting 7 through the duration of a match is a useful tool and you get typically get three down before the enemy is close.
Ying is the weakest in my opinion, she's essentially a nonlethal Fuze with a timer she can't fully control and unless it's hostage Fuze is just better.
>>
>>389397970
These games don't have anything in common, one is a team fps and the other is a third person survival, if you want to suggest me a game at least suggest a fps
>>
>>389396131
>>389397342
>>389399784

So which is the best, the regular or deluxe edition?
>>
>>389402784
Just get the regular edition and play the game. The cost of the base operators will be really cheap anyways, no need to spend more money if you dont know whether youll like the game.
>>
>>389402136
She's fucking lethal in hostage though.

Feels real bad for kapkan. I think he needs 1 more trap to match up with Lesion. The upgrade to how hard it is to see the light was good though. If it was still the old one, he would be irrelevant at this point.
>>
>>389401269
fucking girls isn't hard. perhaps one day you will figure it out. It's embarrassing to me to stoop to the level of even responding to you about it. I understand sex seems mystical when you're a virgin. It isn't

>>389402631
pubg is FPS now, entire serious community basically converted over in a week. What's left are retards and losers. All competition was already announced to be going to FPS.
>>
Nobody leaves alive team comp: mira, mute, castle, lesion, ela/bandit

Funnel them into black mirrors, have ela and bandit run around a different floor, Insta win.
>>
>>389395664
I recommend it, it's the best team based multiplayer fps right now.
>>
>>389399785
How about for actual fighting?
If I run into someone from a distance I feel like I just have to back off or stand still because they'll end up shooting my hands or feet eventually.
>>
>>389400323
>"polish" just doesn't even matter anymore
I feel that's because a lot of PUBG players seem to think that the game will get better than it is eventually. It has the core concept down and now we just need to wait a few weeks/months for the devs to fix the poor performance, crashes, bugs, graphics, cheaters, rules, customization, lag, sounds and fucking everything actually it's hard to think of something that's actually good in the game in it's current state.
It's possible sure but my experience with EA games especially of this type is that they will be in this release state forever. And that's not nearly worth 30$ more like 10 at best.
>>
>>389399538
nigga are you even serious

500>1000>1500>2000
PER BASE GROUP

Situations alone get you 6k renown.

thats 8 operators right there.

Jesus christ the rainbow community is fucking retarded.
>>
>People saying pubg is early access garbage thats unfinished and unpolished
>Same people defending siege which is basically an early access title (which has been out for almost 2 years) and has the same issues. Instead of getting real fixes we got loot boxes and ranked is still in beta yet ubi wants to push it hard. (going as far as removing maps from the rotation)

Friendly reminder that siege has had TWO seasons of 'fixes and overhauls' and is still a shit title with a ton of problems and bugs.

Thats ontop of the game being a pixel peeker shooter which isn't that fun IMO.

Siege is only popular right now because of the esports scene and it's not even in the top 3.
Hell is it even in the top 10?
>>
>>389400947
>argument ad populum is not a logical fallacy
Yes it is. An informal fallacy but still a fallacy.
>if it is, then the entire idea of assigning quality or ratings or judgment to anything is fallacious
Opinions aren't meant to be arguments, anon, most people should know that.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.