[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a development team gets axed, so does the franchise they created.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DIABLO 2.jpg (429KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
DIABLO 2.jpg
429KB, 666x666px
If a development team gets axed, so does the franchise they created. There are two Diablo games. Four Silent Hill games. Two main series Fallout games. Two spin-offs: Fallout Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel (I fucked up my research last thread). Two Thief games. Two Deus Ex games. Oh, and there will never be another Metal Gear game. Any questions?
>>
yeah how many coffee cup tattoos you got you hipster fuck
>>
>>389392034
Diablo 2 wasn't really a good game. People only thought it was good because there was nothing better on the market.
>>
>>389392407
>Nothing like it on the market
>nothing surpasses it for over a decade

"Naw man it was just a wet fart that got lucky"
>>
>>389392407
Diablo 2 is still way better than any other ARPG other than Path of Exile. With mods, Diablo 2 is the best in the genre.
>>
>>389392407
Bait.
>>
>>389392034
What about the sequels with entirely new devs that actually end up taking over the franchise identity, for better or worse? I'm looking at Devil May Cry
>>
>>389392034
>Any questions?
Yeah, what's it like being that wrong?

People have to accept that shit changes, and not always for the better. I'm not gonna look it up but I'm sure there are cases where a separate dev picked up a series or franchise and improved greatly on it. I mean, imagine if a competent dev got ahold of the license for Borderlands or Destiny?
>>
>>389392520
>>Nothing like it on the market
>>nothing surpasses it for over a decade

Because ARPGs are shit and most people knew this. Barely anyone made them, for good reason.
>>
>>389392407
>best game on the market
>not good
eat a dick
>>
>>389392407
Because there was no comparable loot-based action RPG like Diablo on the PC market or because there was no better PC game on the market?
>>
>>389392034
>If a development team gets axed, so does the franchise they created.
Except from they literally don't, and not one of the things you said was correct.

You might consider them "not true games of the franchise" (logical fallacy), or not good enough (arguing on emotion and nostalgia), but you are objectively wrong no matter what way you cry about it and get angry.
>>
>>389392960
The original Devil May Cry's good. The rest fucking suck.
>>
>>389393765
I'm not crying. I'm not angry. If you gave a fuck about the industry, you'd agree.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.