[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Pillars of Eternity get so much undeserved shit from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 22

File: header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Why does Pillars of Eternity get so much undeserved shit from /v/? Pretty much the entire world agrees it's a great RPG.
>>
File: 1504538741955.png (3MB, 1932x2456px) Image search: [Google]
1504538741955.png
3MB, 1932x2456px
Hipsters
>>
>>389391978
A combination of the game being better than BG1, but not by a substantial amount, and nostalgia for the IE games.
>>
>>389391978
Huh? what entire world? RPG fanatics mostly find it to be a decent but ultimately overrated cRPG. See rpgcodex for example.
>>
a combination of version 1.0 being shit
and the game not being better than bg2
>>
>>389392560
How do I get into Underrail?
I've tried like 4 times but the game is so hard that I feel I'm doing something wrong.
On my current playthrough I cleaned up all the rathounds no biggie, but I get a quest to go look for some fag in the cave with the psi beatles and they completely rape me. They deal 16 damage everytime they attack and I deal a measly 6 damage, doesn't matter if I use my psi attack, my pistol, my smg, or my knife.

People online say "just get close to them so they use the melee attack which doesnt deal as much damage" but they just run away and use their psi attack anyway.
>>
>>389393056
If you spoke to NPCs in the game you'd already know to get right up in their face, and that they're only vulnerable when their brains are exposed. Attacking them with their shell closed won't do much damage.

Also, general protip: Fire is your strongest weapon against every enemy in the game.
>>
>>389393278
Yes, i talked to them, thing is, they either never expose their brains, or their brains are always exposed and I do shit damage anyway.
>>
>>389392732
If this one random website thinks it's overrated, clearly that's proof most of the world think it's great no?
>>
So I just finished White March part 1 at level 10, should I start part 2 directly?
Also, do you take weapon focus on your characters?
>>
>>389392560
>AoD that low
time to Keep Yourself Safe.
>>
>>389393364
What kind of build are you using?
If you have no idea I think it's worth it to look up a quick build so you at least have the basics down, the game can be pretty much impossible if you do things like take the psi pill on a non psi build or level multiple weapon stats.
>>
>>389393558
Clearly that's how it works for Obshitters or they'd never able to call any of their games good.
>>
People wanted something as good as BG2 in every way and better in some. Instead they got something better than BG1 but not as good as BG2. If you went in expecting something of NWN2's qualify, you'd probably be presently surprised.
>>
>>389394141
Why would you play it if you expect nwn2 "quality"?
>>
File: screen.jpg (284KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
284KB, 1600x900px
>>389393364
Are you legally blind, by chance? I found a screenshot on Google for you. See the top most and bottom most beetle? That's when they have their brains exposed, hence the shell being open and a wrinkly brain being visible. That's the best time to attack. The other beetles in this screen have their shells closed and therefore have a very high resistance to mechanical damage.
>>
>>389394037
7 in Wisdom and INT
6 Strength
4 Agility
5 Dex
5 Con
dont remember the other stat
>>
>>389394141
So can we expect Deadfire to be the MotB of PoE then? Following the NWN2 analogy.
>>
>>389394141
Please tell me how PoE is worse than BG2. I played both games, recently mind you so I don't have nostalgia for BG2, and while I think the story and main villain are much weaker in PoE, I thought the rest of the game was better. Aside from the exhausting amount of trash mobs in POE that is. One aspect I particularly enjoyed over BG2 was the amount of proper roleplaying based on your character in PoE, the Baldur's Gate series is severely lacking in that department.
>>
Had this in my backlog for a while, starting it RIGHT NOW. What stats should I build for a Ranged guns Cypher? Also, what is closer to BG's default difficulty, Hard or Normal?
>>
>>389392560
Original Sin should be much higher, it has the most fun combat of any CRPG I've ever played.
>>
>>389394523
>Ranged guns Cypher?
Might, int, dex
>>
File: Unavngivet.png (155KB, 1288x856px) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet.png
155KB, 1288x856px
>>389392560
>tier lists
>>
>>389394523
>starting it RIGHT NOW
Wrong call, buddy. Better refund it while you still have the chance and buy something better. D:OS2 is coming out soon and you can still grab it for a discounted price right now.
>>
>>389394616
>>389394669
Seems Larian's shills are as unfunny as their masters
>>
>>389394669
DivOS is complete shit mate
at least the first one was
fuck off
>>
>>389394783
Ironic considering we're in a Obsidian shill thread. Do you still get the 0.02$ per post if your thread is failing?

>>389395017
Very funny.
>>
>>389394251
NWN2 still sold well, probably over a million copies, so a lot of people seem pretty satisfied with it. It didn't set the world on fire, but lots of people will buy a decent but not great game.

>>389394337
Maybe. There are lots of improvements at least, like actually having kits and multiclasses, a better world map and the like. And le balance man is back to his New Vegas role, which got some of the best work out of the writers under ihm. Still not happy they're reducing the party size to 5 though.

>>389394520
IMO Faerun as it's depicted is a more interesting setting than Eora as it is in PoE1. It's a larger game with a grander scope, and more party members. I think a lot of people prefer having clean-cut good and evil party members, rather than PoE's version where everyone is neutral at worst, though with generally more in-depth characterization. Itemization was much better in BG2, though that gap is significantly narrowed with White March actually adding interesting weapons. The environments and areas are more exotic in BG2. A lot of people really disliked PoE's engagement system.

Roleplaying is massively worse, as well as choices when leveling up (fighters literally just choosing weapon pips and nothing else is dull.)
>>
I replayed the game so I could fulfill my autistic need to be a mega powerful wizard who obliterates anyone in his way. Except wizards in this game are pussies and all the spells feel like shit.

So whats a game where i can play an uber wizard
>>
>>389394328
>>389394328
Yes, I just checked, his brains are exposed. I'm dealing 5 mechanical damage.
>>
File: 1490556776776.jpg (30KB, 480x328px) Image search: [Google]
1490556776776.jpg
30KB, 480x328px
I've uninstalled and reinstalled it so many times. I agree that it's visually pretty and the world feels authentic but for the life of me I can't manage to will myself to play more than 3 hours until getting bored. The lore feels really dry imo, like it's delivery is polished but feels uninspiring. When I play I feel like I instantly recognize all these fantasy tropes and I don't expect any surprise or wonder anymore, it's just tiring. Even the music is mostly unmemorable. Combat feels like a cluster fuck, Eder is at the front of my formation as he should be and I pause to give everyone commands before pressing play but it's so disappointing to see my party make this retarded pathing and then they get engaged by another enemy they weren't supposed to and it just feels like a clunky mess. I enjoyed combat in games like KOTOR1&2 and NWN1&2 but, Lord Almighty, POE just feels so robotic compared to those games.
>>
>>389395197
>So whats a game where i can play an uber wizard
Dragon Age: Origins
>>
>>389391978
Because it was absolutely fucking TERRIBLE on launch.
And even right now after all the patches and expansion it still requires IE Mod to be playable.
>>
>>389394329
>>389395208
Yeah I just realized your stats are abysmal too. Why a high Wisdom score if you aren't using Psi? Why a low Dex and (assuming) Per if you want to use guns? Your Agility is awful too so no wonder you can't catch up to beetles when they run.
>>
>>389395135
>though that gap is significantly narrowed with White March actually adding interesting weapons.
Not really, you basically outfit everyone with the overpowered as fuck Soulbound weapons and don't use anything else because the best items in the game are still vastly overshadowed by maxed Soulbound ones.
>>
>>389395197
Gothic 1 and 2 (mind you start as a MASSIVE scrub in those and can't even use magic until many hours into the game, but by the endgame you're a literal walking demigod raining down fire on whole swathes of battlefield)

Dragon Age Origins
KotOR 1 and 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale 1 and 2
>>
>>389393668
Yeah, go straight for White March Part 2. Do Concelhauts Questline first if you want to get challenged.
>>
>>389396002
Not really, Soulbound are actually pretty trash compared to some fully enchanted unique, especially if you enhance them with Durga steel
>>
>>389395471
>Eder is at the front of my formation as he should be and I pause to give everyone commands before pressing play but it's so disappointing to see my party make this retarded pathing and then they get engaged by another enemy they weren't supposed to and it just feels like a clunky mess.
Get IE Mod and turn off Engagement.
Engagement is the single most cancerous mechanic in Pillars. You can tweak A LOT of shit with IE Mod, including turning off all the OC donut steel NPCs from Kikescammer, having Infinity Engine-like colored rings for characters, turn off the awful Engagement mechanics and more. I can't imagine playing Pillars without it.
>>
>>389391978
>Why does Pillars of Eternity get so much undeserved shit from /v/?

Honestly you can change it to any game and ask the same question
>>
>>389395931
What? But I am using psi, it just deals shit damage to these enemies as well (6)
>>
>>389396275
You can enhance Soulbound shit as well anon, including Durgan steel.
You do it at the start BEFORE binding them, since then they still have crafting slots open on them.
After that, you bind them and unlock their shit, you get all the new shit but keep the enchants you had before, so in crafting window your maxed soulbound items show like 40/14 for amount of crafting points worth of enchantments on them.
They're absolutely overpowered and broken, rendering anything non-SB worthless.
>>
>>389396642
Sounds like a bug desu
>>
>RTwP
>>
>>389392723
I personally like BG1 more.
PoE got a nasty vibe and BG1 is faster/snappier.
>>
File: tired-bored-student-13031855.jpg (146KB, 1274x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tired-bored-student-13031855.jpg
146KB, 1274x1300px
>>389396921
>turn-based
>>
>>389396718
They actually said it isn't a bug, and haven't patched it in any single patch so far because durr, it isn't a bug.
Soulbound items start weak, hence why they still have crafting points open on them.
After you start unlocking them, their exclusive enchants show up and take up the crafting points, but you can exceed the total limit by enchanting the shit out of them first in crafting to the max (well, as much as you can with the points still left free in their base state) and then binding and unlocking them, giving you combination of both.
Also if you're smart, you know not to invest in the "Quality" enhancements since Soulbound shit all gets Mythic quality by default from maxing them, so you just grab the other enhancements like Kith Slaying and Lashes.
Shit is broken if you know how to powergame.
>>
>>389391978
because it doesn't measure up to BG2
>>
>>389392560
found the sape
>>
>>389396980
Thing about that is, tired-bored-student, turn based is actually good. It CAN be bad if done poorly, but RTwP can never be more than mediocre.
>>
>>389394520
Not him but a thing Baldur's Gate 2 has over PoE is the incredible amount and variety of content. It feels like a very big and dense adventure.

t. Someone that prefers PoE to BG 1 and the entire Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights series.
>>
>>389397000
>They actually said it isn't a bug
Got a source for that friend?
>>
>>389391978
I don't hate it. I just thought it was very dry and uninteresting, and the combat was a bit too pause heavy, it worked in games like Neverwinter Nights and DA:O because those games are slow and you don't generally need to pause all that much, but when you are already pausing every "round" you might as well just make it turn based so you can make it engaging.

And the writing was just weird as well, hard to describe it but it just felt off, it was never able to properly engage me because I was never once felt like I was taking part in the narrative, just reading weird text.
>>
>>389397127
Thing about that is, retard, turn based is extremely vulnerable and exposed to two things:
1) shit encounter design
2) shit encounter pacing

RTwP allows for tactical depth while eliminating a large portion of those two vulnerabilities. I was able to play through PoE 1.0 because RTwP just made the trash encounters go by so fast I barely noticed them. If it had been a turn-based game, I would have dropped it immediately.

In Divinity Original Sin, the game has terrible encounter pacing, and some pretty fucking awful encounter design in the goblin village. In 4 attempts at playing through the game, I never got past that because I get so bored of fighting 10 goblins every 5m that I drop the game.

As a third and final note, literally every single cRPG in existence (and recent ones too) are turn-based. What's your problem with there being 1 (ONE) real-time with pause game? If you really wanted to play Pillars, the combat system probably wouldn't bother you that much, so why are you here just shitposting?
>>
>>389396481
I can't stay around to help but I'll leave you with this:
https://youtu.be/cxG64b5SH_o
This guy makes generally good builds, watch some videos and see what appeals to you.
>>
>>389397397
I never said anything about Divinity though, silly goose. Also what kind of tactical depth is pause, click ability, unpause. The strategy is puddle deep.
>>
>>389397579
You didn't say anything about Divinity but, based retard, Divinity is the most recent turn based game that I played, and an example of a game that I dropped due to sheer boredom caused by shit encounters, which I felt were issues deeply aggravated by the turn based combat.

Regarding your description of RTwP combat, I'm not going to reply seriously unless you put in some effort of actually criticizing the system. Check this out, I can do the same for turn-based systems:
>What kind of tactical depth is auto-pause, click ability, watch AI turns pass, and repeat?
Have a nice day anon.
>>
>>389391978
Meh combat, meh story, meh writing, meh world, meh graphics. Meh game.
>>
>>389397473
Thanks. I guess I'll try it, but I really hate having to resort to guides to even make it past a section of a game. I don't even think my stats are that awful. I got past Fallout with a very average build. Do you actually need to minmax to get past the game or something?
>>
>>389397781
If I'm pausing every round, why not just make the whole thing turned based? Seems silly to me.
>>
>>389391978
People expected baldurs gate 3 but instead got what felt like a 6-7/10 clone
>>
>>389396345
t. casual
>>
>>389397964
As I said earlier, because RTwP makes it go by faster without having to wait around for everyone to take an action. Also you do not need to pause every game round, that is false.
But if that is your issue, both BG and Pillars of Eternity have auto pause options so you don't have to manually pause.
>>
>>389397893
> I don't even think my stats are that awful. I got past Fallout with a very average build. Do you actually need to minmax to get past the game or something?
They're awful because you tried making a jack of all trades character in a game that doesn't allow them. You don't have to completely minmix but your character needs to have a clear focus to obtain the proper feats and whatnot.
>>
>>389396481
Not him, but your stats don't show any kind of focus. If you want to be primarily a psi, you really should get your Will up to the high numbers, preferably 10. It is the governing stat of your primary skills, and if you keep it mediocre your psi abilities will almost universally suffer for it. Damage will be lower, enemies will shrug off your debuffs more often, and so on.

As for dealing with the beetles, your damage this early is still going to be low either way, so dealing with groups is tricky. When they are alone you should hit with Telekinetic Punch to get a free turn when they are stunned, or use Cryokinesis which has a very long range, kite, then move back. The Chill effect will reduce their movement, and since the range of Neural Overload is only half of Cyrokinesis' you can use this to keep their attacks to a minimum.

When they are in a group, you'll be for the time being better off throwing a grenade. Buy one, preferably molotov, he, or frag, start combat with them, then toss up a Force Field. Once it goes away and they are all gathered around you in a group, toss the grenade.
>>
>>389396345
?
Engagement is literally one of the best mechanics in D&D 5E and it was great in POE as well.
Get fucked you kiting faggot.
>>
>>389397174
I'm not going to dig through Pillars forums for you just to find one off-hand comment by devs. If you can't use basic logic to realize that after fuckton of patches including another major engine overhaul (from 2.0 to 3.0) then sorry mate.
>>
>>389398035
>>389398175
Enjoy your MMO shit, because that's 5E is basically designed for, vidya adaptations and is absolutely abysmal for PnP.
>>
>>389397397
>>389397781
Funnily enough Divinity is one of the few games where I didn't mind the bad pacing because I enjoyed the combat so much.

Speaking just from a mechanics perspective, are there any other systems that surpasses it? You can just play around with it so much and do so much crazy shit. Maybe one of those military games like Jagged Alliance or Silent Storm?
>>
>>389391978
Obsidian is an industry darling and the nostalgia factor was huge
I liked it well enough but t b h the gaming press took it way too easy on poe.
>>
>>389398243
I guess it's hard to find something that doesn't exist
>>
File: 1486277526528.jpg (134KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486277526528.jpg
134KB, 1000x1000px
>>389395471
> I pause to give everyone commands before pressing play but it's so disappointing to see my party make this retarded pathing and then they get engaged by another enemy they weren't supposed to and it just feels like a clunky mess

This is the power of RTwP and the exact reason why turn-based is infinitely superior. Grid -> pathing is not a problem anymore
>>
>>389398457
JA2 with 1.13 mod allows for a lot of in-depth shit.
>>
>>389398321
stay butthurt faggot
back to starcraft with you
>>
>>389391978
Because the world and story is really boring and the game has massive amounts of worthless trash mobs to wade through. After a while it amalgamates into a miasma of dullness that just makes you want to stop playing
>But White March is better
Okay, the main game still exists though.
>>
>>389394616
You never liked CRPGs very much did you?
>>
>expansion take place in the middle of the game
This is dumb as fuck
>>
>>389399381
The expansion isn't even connected to the main game and you go there only because one literally-who NPC mentions it.
Just like the Icewind Dale 1 expansion, which while great, was horribly implemented and felt completely disconnected from the main game in every way.
In fact if I were to compare White March to anything, it's literally just Heart of Winter complete with Trials of Luremaster (in form of the Concelhaut questline that's in Dyrwood and not in White March) and the big bad ultimate boss of the expansion being a fucking ice dragon.
>>
>drop vancian and make spells infinite but weaker and with longer cast time
They will fuck it up right?
>>
File: GOAT feat.png (18KB, 421x537px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT feat.png
18KB, 421x537px
>>389397893
>Do you actually need to minmax to get past the game or something?

Nah. But your chosen combat skill is your best friend, and your build should reflect that. You don't have to go all the way with 16 in its stat, but don't ignore it either or you'll miss out on the good stuff. Pic very much related.
>>
Great game
>>
>>389394616
Same everything else about the game sucks
>>
>One fucking RTwP game
>WAAAAAAAH, STOP IT
There are already millions of turn based games. Fuck off and let us have this one.
>>
>>389398321
>MMO shit
Kiting is gay
>>
>>389399680
Spells are not weaker now. They are way stronger.
>>
>>389402463
citation needed
>>
>>389402360
>Kiting is gay
Nobody forces you to kite, also git gud scrub.
>>
>>389392560

How can ANYONE enjoy Shadowrun? Shit combat, empty as fuck, plays like a game made for smartphones. If you all you enjoy is dialogue and nothing else, read a goddamn book.
>>
>>389403314
kiting is literally the only way to play bg you faget
>waaah i dont like having to engage enemies in combat situations i need to run around like a moron and exploit the AI to win waaah
git gud fag
>>
>>389403486
>Shit combat, empty as fuck, plays like a game made for smartphones.
Play Dragonfall anon, you played Returns which is literally nothing more than a glorified tutorial.
>>
>>389403486
its not that bad but way too easy, and the harder modes simply make you miss more which is stupid as hell

But it had the main problem its PnP had, which is Decking

Fuck I hate that shit
>>
Its bwrying and blaynd
>>
>>389403625
I played Hong Kong, and it was the same shit. Even the menus are big ass buttons designed for the app store (and I know because I got the original for my tablet). But really the worst offender is it just feels incredibly fucking cheap, the world doesn't feel alive and completely ruins any form of immersion. Nothing like running through the same copy and paste streets with zero population.
>>
>>389403838
>PC exclusive game
>played on my tablet
rly meks u tink
>>
>>389391978
Its quite bland, but it tries so hard to make you think that the world is deep and complex, up to the point where you have to endure endless exposition about everything.

Now most good RPGs have a lot of text, but they dont shove it in your face, they instead makes you want to read it.

Moreover plot and lore are two different things but PoE dont seem to understand that.
>>
>>389403910
I played the first on PC, then got it again on tablet. I played HK on PC.
>>
>>389403910
>PC exclusive game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harebrainedschemes.shadowrun&hl=en
>>
File: 45s142.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
45s142.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>389391978
>Why does Pillars of Eternity get so much undeserved shit from /v/? Pretty much the entire world agrees it's a great RPG.

Because it's not as good as BG2.

That's it.
>>
>>389391978
It doesn't really, there's one faggot shitposter responsible for spamming a shitload of completely unrelated and nonsensical threads all the time who has a couple threads bashing PoE amoungst his collection of fifty or sixty he spams.
That being said you niggers are insufferable, shitting up D:OS threads, the rudeness.
>>
>>389404061
Please point out where Hong Kong is on that page.
>>
>>389403486
It blows my mind how /v/ can praise Dragonfall to the heavens yet shit on PoE.
>>
>>389404172
Try reading the posts again. Nowhere did I state I played HK on tablet.
>>
File: 1504288014441.png (3MB, 3540x2780px) Image search: [Google]
1504288014441.png
3MB, 3540x2780px
>>389392560
Real tier list.
>>
File: heh.jpg (5KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
5KB, 222x200px
>>389392732
Their's and your opinion is shit. RPGCodex is the same place who thinks Grimoire Heralds of the Winged Exemplar is the next coming of Christ, and it's creator is the best thing to come crawling into the scene.
>>
>>389404268
I havent played all these game but this tier seems pretty right to me
>>
File: 1498790537466.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1498790537466.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
It's 2017, you have no fucking excuse for pre-rendered backgrounds and low res character models. And don't give me MUH NOSTALGIA as an excuse.
>>
fact: KotoR and Icewind Dale are the only games with good RtwP
>>
File: 1477778367704.jpg (44KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1477778367704.jpg
44KB, 500x294px
>>389393558
>One random website
>>
>>389404438
honestly full 3d doesnt make thing look automatically better. But i get your point and somewhat agree.
>>
>>389404438
>you have no fucking excuse for low res character models
Agreed, that was rather disappointing. Thankfully Deadfire corrects this.
>>
Its ok boys, Div OS2 soon
>>
>>389404438
Pre-rendered looks better
>>
>>389403838
You should consider that neither Dragonfall nor Hong Kong were full-price titles. They're not as elaborate and "cheap" because they literally are cheap.
However, despite that, they managed to deliver a solid RPG. Both titles have quite okay combat (by RPG standards, where some of the best RPGs have abysmal combat), they have party NPCs that react to player choice and environment, they have skill-checks in the dialogue providing alternate solutions and they involve the occasional choice.
They are not "great" but they do everything you'd expect an RPG to do and in that regard they surpass a lot of RPGs that may be better in one aspect or another but completely fail in others.
>>
>>389391978
The "entire world" which doesn't play CRPGs likes it because they fell for the hype and wouldn't want to regret their purchase.

Here is why it's not good.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9867
>>
>>389404130
Hey, man. I hate Divinity: Original Sin and anything Divinity related because of the setting, but I have never touched one of your threads. Don't put this on us.
>>
>>389404870
>Nitpicking: The review
Don't get me wrong. Legitimate criticisms are there, but the pros that he off-handedly mentions in a throw-away sentence far outweigh the cons that he dedicates entire paragraphs to. There's a reason why they made like 4 more reviews after that one.

Also, that reviewer also hates Underrail and thinks Divinity: Original Sin is god tier, so, basically, he should go fuck himself.
>>
>>389404386
The Codex actually thinks Cleve is a nigger faggot fraud.
Most of the Grimoire thread is people shitting on him and his retarded "fanbase"
>>
>>389404438
the low res char models were because of Unity 4's shit rendering engine that made it impossible to do 3D shit
>>
>>389404870
Now read the latest review.

admittedly the latest review is shit. it was only posted because the editor of the site is an insufferable Obsidian drone and wants their games to get viewed in a positive light
>>
File: Vq1SK43.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
Vq1SK43.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>389404438
>It's 2017, you have no fucking excuse for pre-rendered backgrounds and low res character models. And don't give me MUH NOSTALGIA as an excuse.

You're retarded.
The point was to emulate the look of the Infinity Engine games (BG2, Planescape, Icewind Dale). Not only that, it looks great and runs better than if it was all rendered in 3D.

If you're telling me that this looks bad, then you're brain damaged.
https://youtu.be/5HAqsnDeOIc?t=32s
>>
File: pillars-2-armor.jpg (28KB, 570x345px) Image search: [Google]
pillars-2-armor.jpg
28KB, 570x345px
>>389405723
>the low res char models were because of Unity 4's shit rendering engine that made it impossible to do 3D shit

The models are much better in PoE2.
>>
>>389406243
looks blurry to me. I can barely make out the dudes eyes
>>
>>389394616
Yeah but it's boring.
>>
File: deadfire.gif (1MB, 237x443px) Image search: [Google]
deadfire.gif
1MB, 237x443px
>>389406315
That anon chose a picture with awful quality for some reason.
>>
File: deadfire2.gif (900KB, 237x443px) Image search: [Google]
deadfire2.gif
900KB, 237x443px
>>389406962
>>
File: deadfire3.gif (1MB, 237x443px) Image search: [Google]
deadfire3.gif
1MB, 237x443px
>>389407069
>>
>>389406962
>>389407069
>>389407152
Jesus Christ, I can't fucking wait for PoE 2.
>>
>>389406243
I know. PoE2 is Unity 5 though. version 5 of unity is no longer a mobile-centered engine.
>>
>>389406962
>>389407069
>>389407152
I sure as fuck hope they didn't waste most of their budget on these animations.
>>
>>389407645
That's only an idle animation so I sure as hell hope not.
>>
>>389405808
Pretty alright guy when he is not being an insufferable Obsidian shill tho. Funny thing is, I'm not sure he even played the game. Never heard him talk about it, only copypasting marketing materials and related forum posts.
>>
>>389404870
Damn thats vicious.
He's right about encounter design, its like they forgot it existed.
>>
Deadfire is gonna be sweet
>>
>>389404870
I have to agree with his opinion that the combat was boring. I haven't played Baldur's Gate but PoE was nothing but trash encounters that meant absolutely nothing.
>>
File: hey.jpg (26KB, 877x332px) Image search: [Google]
hey.jpg
26KB, 877x332px
anyone got steam community autism pics?
>>
I'm gonna miss Durance and Zahua
>>
I just visited RPGCodex and holy fuck, how do you manage to eat so much cock? they were multiple people unironically defending Cleve/Grimoire and were getting lots of agrees.
>>
>>389412884
The Cleve cult of personality is pathetic
>>
>>389392560
Grimoire is decent tho
>>
>>389413484
lol
>>
>>389396345
What is bad about engagement?
>>
Le balance man patching out anything that looks remotely fun
>>
File: 1500605117197.png (52KB, 362x243px) Image search: [Google]
1500605117197.png
52KB, 362x243px
>>389404870
>/v/ posts direct links to codex now
not sure if good or bad
>>
>>389414056
the codex is just /v/ with usernames and ratings.
>>
File: 1481774089221.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481774089221.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
>>389410219
>I haven't played Baldur's Gate but PoE was nothing but trash encounters that meant absolutely nothing.
Infinity engine has makes for some pretty good encounters. For example there's a demon you encounter in BG2. Here is what I had to do to beat it:
>demon flies out of a giant crater when it is inspected
>have to position casters/ranged in outer hallway so they don't get raped
>immune to magic, hits like truck, paralyzes on hit, casts aoe fear
>have to figure out i need to use bless to buff up my weapon quality to even hit it with melee
>have to use a spell to protect against his magic
>have druid/mage summon armies of various stuff to tank the paralyzes
>haste up blessed fighter for maximum damage
>have him charge in at exactly the right moment
>keep summoning stuff in waves to tank hits
Has quite a few neat fights like that where you have puzzle out the correct spells and positioning. There's plenty of trash fights, which is admittedly kind of bad in BG1, but in BG2 they are kind of fun since you have pretty much ascending to godhood and rip shit to shreds. IWD 1/2 really pushes it to the limit.
>>
>>389414469
>codex is just /v/
maybe years ago, /v/ is overrun by autistic 12 year old ironic weebs that only want to talk about nintendo games
>>
>>389396642
stop lying
>>
I don't remember a single fun wizard fight in poe
>>
>>389415386

>Not having fun against Concealhaut

someone hates spooky
>>
>>389416015
>having fun
time for a balance patch, can't let anyone have fun in PoE
>>
>>389416015
I never got around to playing white march
>>
None of these games lets you rape anyway.
>>
>>389418384
isnt there a quest in PoE where you free a whore being assaulted and can get free sex from her?
>>
>>389418901
I want to forcefully penetrate bitches without consent. Nigga, what don't you understand about rape? Fuck.
>>
>>389419223
well I'm not a roody poo so my understanding isn't very deep
>>
>>389418384
that is what the game needed to not be bad

yes
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.