[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth $12? I've only played 3 and thought it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (35KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
35KB, 460x215px
Is this worth $12? I've only played 3 and thought it was pretty good. I'm buying the Season pass right now and am wondering if I should add this.
>>
>>389389374
Nah, get DS1 instead
>>
Definitely.

It's different but it's fun. Greater build variety and less linearity
>>
>>389390249
Being different makes it better. DS3 was a disappointment.
>>
It's better than DSIII
>>
For $5 maybe, $12 no fucking way. Or just pirate this crap, is by FAR the worst souls game.
>>
DS1 = BB > DS3 > DS2
(only just started DeS)
DS2 is easily worth 12 bucks though
>>
>>389389374
Its my favourite DS but it was built on things from DS1 and made them harder, keep that in mind since DS3 was the most balanced and there for easiest one of all DS titles
>>
>>389389374
I find it weird that DaS2 seemed like such a let down the first time I played through it, then as the years went by and I'd go back and do a playthrough of the series, I began to dislike DaS2 less and less because of how much there was to do, the builds you could use to do it, and what order you could do it in. I started looking forward to playing through DaS2 as much as DaS1, even more sometimes.

DaS3, however, this has yet to happen. To the point that I just get bored of the swamp spam and it feels like a chore.
>>
I have SotFS on 360, but I learned the different enemy placements only happened on xbox 1/PS4. Is it maybe worth rebuying so I can see the new enemy placements?
>>
It's different, but still fun.
>>
>>389389374
I thought DS2 was shit and could never even enjoy it, but it's still worth $12 because that isn't very much money and you won't necessarily agree with my opinion.
>>
>>389390770

I feel the exact same way. I hated it at first but it's the DS game I've replayed the most.

Also The Lost Crowns is some the best content in the entire series imo
>>
>>389390826
Its not thaaaat much different, theres a troll in the forrest of the fallen giants, Heides Flame Tower is filled with sleeping white knights and a dragon before the dragon rider fight, there are like 2 or 3 black Pursuers in Lost Bastion and the headless dude is somewhere else.

I think the DLCs didnt get affected at all.

Its not a dealbreaker, maybe watch a youtube vid about it
>>
2 is shit.
Get 1 instead.
>>
File: 1503236589774.jpg (162KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1503236589774.jpg
162KB, 1024x576px
>>389391391
>The Lost Crowns is some the best content in the entire series imo

Shulva, Sanctum City
>>
>>389389374
I like it. It sort of feels like a Souls game and a Zelda game in one, even if it's not as good as some of the other installations in the series.
>>
I just recently bought a PS4 and bought Bloodborne on sale for $8 and today I got DSII for $12, I think it's a pretty good deal. I'll wait for DSIII to lower it's price more, I refuse to pay more than $19,99 for a game that has a fucking season cancer, no matter how good it may be.

I played DSII to death on the PS3 and it's my favorite in the series, I'm still playing through Bloodborne and while I love it I still think DSII is the best just by the sheer amount of content it has. It's definitely worth it OP.
>>
>>389392817
Also I was going to buy BB for $20 a day before it went on sale, dodged a bullet there if you know what I mean. Getting both BB and DSII for $20 is pretty good I think.
>>
>>389391713
>Eleum Loyce

ffy
>>
>>389394468
>Eleum Loyce
>small area that you have to go through twice because they got lazy with their third dlc
Nah, he's right, Shulva is the best area in the game with really good level design and an actual good boss fight.
>>
>>389391713
>>389394468
Eleum Loyce will probably always be my favorite area in any Souls game.
>Stranded walled off kingdom in the middle of an endless arctic desert.
>Dying to invis cat and not knowing what the fuck is happening.
>Meeting Alsanna for the first time, and over the course of the DLC learning about the Ivory King.
>Awesome items everywhere, Bonefist, Rapiers that cast spells, Twinblades that cast spells, energy swords, etc.
>Great enemy variety that no other area really has.
>Pushing that little snowball down the hill to kill those three golems and make a shortcut.
>Seeking out all the Loyce Knights and leaping down into the Old Chaos with them to fight the Ivory King.

>>389394685
You only go through one small area of Eleum Loyce twice, and you already have all the bonfires anyway so it's not even a chore. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>389394685
>Le poison meme
>Infuriating enemies
>"¿Hey rememeber Velstald from dark souls 2? Guess who's back!"
>Le gank boss
>broken npc invasions
>A dragon that wastes 90% of the time out of your reach

VS

>Great visuals
>Great architecture
>Good lore
>Interesting map that changes with the players actions
>Optional quest that makes the final boss an epic battle
>Best waifu
>Objectively the best boss battle in the entire souls series

Guess who will win.

>Espectacular visuals
>
>>
Since it is SotfS yes, very yes. I wouldn't get DS2 without scholar for 12.

Very different game. Doesn't feel quite as tight because of the engine difference but if you are looking for more souls it's not a bad place.

If you haven't played DS1 you really should get that first, though.
>>
>>389395154
>Great visuals
>Great architecture
>Good lore
>Interesting map that changes with the players actions
>Optional quest that makes the final boss an epic battle
>Best waifu
>Objectively the best boss battle in the entire souls series
I agree with you, Iron King DLC was truly the best.
>>
>>389389374
It's fun, but the levels are pretty dull, there are just a small bunch that are cool.
>>
>>389395693
>the levels are pretty dull
This is what I used to say about this game until I started playing Bloodborne a few days ago. It really made me appreciate the theme park that is Dark Souls 2, even if it doesn't make any sense in how those areas connect to each other. Dark Souls 2 has the most variety in terms of level design in all of the "soulsborne" games.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.