[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You will never return to games where the armor is just whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: LCOiyK3.jpg (108KB, 761x773px) Image search: [Google]
LCOiyK3.jpg
108KB, 761x773px
>You will never return to games where the armor is just whatever instead of designed around aesthetic sets
>>
Maybe I'm a little nostalgic for TBC clown suits, but not much.
>>
>>389385964
Most of the pre-raid TBC gear was just recolors of T0-T2. It's just you weren't likely to actually finish any set if you didn't farm for it.
>>
>>389385964
Thank fuck.
>>
Transmogs ruin mmo's. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>389386376
Transmog isn't the issue, slutmog is.
>>
>>389385964
wow always had atrocious armor designes
>>
>>389386319
Fuck off kid, you're the cancer killing gaming
>>
>>389386376
What is wrong with it whatsoever?

Everyone ends up with the same gear for the same role and transmogs allow there to be variety visually. It's the best way to have some customization and variety while retaining balance.

"Balance"
>>
I can't wait for Elysium to open the TBC server. I'm leveling a character on Anathema so I can be ready for it
>>
>>389386376
not at all. When they introduced transmog, me and the guild were running old instances all the time so people can get certain gear pieces. Blackrock farming for materials for the level 60 2h warhammer legendary.
>>
>>389385964

Thank god. Never again.
>>
>>389386482
>Impossible to tell what a person is/has achieved at a glance
Half of raids are "I've got the good looking stuff". Now it's gone.
>>
>>389386889

Nobody cares about your e-penis flashing, anon.
>>
Good. I like being able to decide what my character looks like.
>>
>tfw just a lowly pleb with mismatched addy and rune armor
>that kid who bragged about walking around in a d med + rune plate + d skirt + obby cape
i miss runecape
>>
>>389386889
If you're that concerned about your Epeen just wear mythic tier without xmog. There are also titles and mounts for that if you really want to drive it home. Being able to tell what gear someone is wearing at a glance isn't enough of a reason to sacrifice the player freedom transmog allows.
>>
File: ௵.png (11KB, 744x520px) Image search: [Google]
௵.png
11KB, 744x520px
This image is always taken out of context. As somebody who has actually played the expansion, the orc in OP is wearing random greens of Nature/Frost protection because he is going to tank Hydross.

There were actual, crafted sets for Nature/Frost resistance that follow an aesthetic but most people didn't use them because they were too expensive to craft for every tank in guild. The result is some tanks wearing mismatching clownsuits to meet the resistance requirement that hydross requires.
>>
>>389387492
How can you tell it's specifically for frost resistance?
>>
I want radical anti-fashion groups to leave the internet
>>
File: 1504625533764.jpg (903KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1504625533764.jpg
903KB, 1944x2592px
Transmog is the most gay thing ever

sorry but if you like transmog it means you are homosex
because real men don't care about outfit
>>
Like half an mmo's playerbase is only around to play dress ups.
>>
File: EverquestPlaneOfMischiefDungeon.gif (88KB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
EverquestPlaneOfMischiefDungeon.gif
88KB, 2700x1800px
>>389385964
>>389386568

>WoW Kiddies have grown up

Please don't act as if you're not the cancer killing gaming. WoW was the ultimate casual MMO when it came out. It completely destroyed the genre as every publisher forced developers to create games as easy to play as WoW.

Also why the fuck does an orc look like a god damn fag? This is one of the major reasons I couldn't stand this game. I don't mind some silly shit but jesus those fucking shoulder pads. Looks like a clown vomited all over the place.

Play classic Everquest instead.
>>
The issue isn't transmog, it's that the actual aesthetic in mmo's is all over the fucking place.

Especially since you can transmog to old stuff. The model quality has changed a lot. It looks jarring as fuck if you've got a Paladin in T2, a Warrior in T4, and a Hunter in some stupid ass transmog of level 15 leather.

At least the old style there was a modicum of consistency since it was all current gear.
>>
>>389388212
>Play classic Everquest instead.

Now there's a game that aged like garbage.
>>
>>389388378
Only for shitter wow casuals who don't like mmos anyway :^)
>>
>>389388578

No wonder MMOs died then, WoW was a natural progression.
>>
>>389386889
This. In vanilla I got the cloth shoulders off of bug family in AQ40. Which were ugly as all fuck on my undead priest. But I got tons of whispers from people telling me "nice shoulders."
>>
File: 1490059720349.png (513KB, 696x485px) Image search: [Google]
1490059720349.png
513KB, 696x485px
>>389388378

>wahhhhh I died and have to work with others to get my corpse back!
>wahhhh where's my potions why do I need a cleric to heal me?
>wahhhhh I lost xp when I died because I was being retarded and reckless!
>wahhhhh can't I be friends with all factions, why is there complexity in each zone and city?
>wahhhhh I want my own playground instance and not contest with others.
>wahhhhh why do I need to be in a group I just want to solo in a massively multiplayer game

WoW kiddie, it's ok, we get it. Time to grow up and get gud.
>>
>>389385964
but those are all parts of a set....
>>
>>389388810
>talking to my WoW friend
>he seethes at the notion of losing anything on death and calls it unfair

WoW really did create a whole gen of casuals
>>
>>389388770

So you live for the approval of random strangers on a faceless game and want the rest to suffer because you can't stave off your mediocrity anymore.
>>
>>389388721

>WoW was a natural progression.

Watering down to simplistic formulas is considered a progression? I guess CoD games were a natural progression of the FPS genre as well!
>>
File: 1489007900443.png (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489007900443.png
24KB, 512x512px
>>389386568
>wanting decent looking armor is the cancer killing gaming
>>
god I want a good mmo
>>
>>389389135
Yeah, that's why people play MMO's. Did you not know this?
>>
File: 1502022052175.jpg (21KB, 334x248px) Image search: [Google]
1502022052175.jpg
21KB, 334x248px
>>389389234
from a technical standpoint, WoW IS a "good" mmo. At least it was up to Cataclysm is when I consider it started going down hill. Literally no other MMO other than maybe the original Everquest came even close to the popularity of WoW.
>>
>>389389476
>from a technical standpoint
what did it do better technically exactly?
It was never the pinnacle of graphics, depth, scope,size, etc
>>
Raid armour is worn by literally everyone these days in modern mmos.
Like, I'll wear the raid gear for the first few weeks of a tier before people catch up but afterwards you just look like a pleb if you wear it as is.
>>
EVE is the only actual MMO.
Fuck themeparks
>>
>>389390010

Just because you enjoy looking at a spreadsheet for days to an end doesn't mean the rest of the world has to, anon.
>>
>>389389476
I know, I still play wow

I just want something new and exciting
>>
>>389387701
headpiece is one of the resistance set pieces
>>
>>389389689
it has all the major things that make or break an MMO. Gear galore, crafting, the community used to have to actually work together. Tons of places to go solo or in groups. World PvP (when that was still relevant). Skill trees, unique builds etc.

the only thing WoW did differently that made it so popular was marketing. Blizzard knew their target audience and the fact that people not familiar with MMO's might want to play. I don't recall ever seeing Everquest commercials. And I only ever saw 1 guild wars commercial.
>>
>>389389689
I think they meant as a technicality, not technologically. As in it's technically good because it's popular, and an MMO needs people playing it.
>>
The clown suits WERE built around an aesthetic though. They were just extremely boring aesthetics that they recolored 50 times and gave out like candy.
>>
>>389385964
>liking the clown sets
clean your rose tinted glasses faggot
>>389386376
If anything transmog was good for the game because it gets people to do old content again.
>>389386482
it's great, because you get eyecandy and an easy way to identify shitters. Slutmoggers are terrible players.
>>389386889
Moot point since achievements and titles are what matters now.
>>
>>389386506
check the new ones, they are probably my favorite in any mmo
>>
File: laughingsuits.jpg (152KB, 428x280px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsuits.jpg
152KB, 428x280px
>>389387861
>real men are ok with looking like clowns with down syndrome
>real men don't appreciate style and aesthetic
>>
>>389390163
Spreadsheet is not the point. The point is a world by players, not themeparks.
>>
>>389390231
>Marketing

It is the biggest make or break of an MMO ever.
Have you ever seen the animated trailers for Lineage 2? That game was literally bottom tier grinding korean garbage, yet its design and those trailers hyped the fuck out of me and everyone else so much that it's still amassing people without a single QoL update since its release.

And then there's GW2's marketting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkx4MYsX9vY
I am not even kidding. This is real.
>>
>>389390646

A world by players is fine... when it's not a spreadsheet. Until that happens, the themepark still wins.
>>
Will the game ever return to slow/leveling at your own pace design instead of the rush to max level zergfest?

I just finished watching .Hack Sign and kinda miss the old school mmorpg where you are not in any rush and you can always level or do whatever without a care at your own pace.
>>
>tfw Legion makes a new dungeon set better than a mythic tier set
>>
>>389391194
WoW gear design just looks like shit full-stop.
>>
>>389385964
MMOs should have a mandatory costume tab that overrides the equipment, not enough do those. Looks > Stats always
>>
>>389391194
both look like shit?
am i getting old and bitter?
>>
>>389391127
the thing about rushing to max level was always to start raiding. When I stopped playing in Cataclysm, it was basically
>Aw man I'm behind. I gotta get my Protection warrior to max level, otherwise the guild will choose a new main!
>get to max level
>Aw man I need to start grinding for top tier gear
>get max gear, me and guild's main group have already cleared 10 and 25 man. Regular and heroic modes
>I should start leveling a secondary character.

Repeat ad nauseum until you have 4 characters who all need leveling and gear grinding the next expansion that releases. It's also an excuse for Blizzard to get lazy with their leveling zones and overall niceties of how the non Raid sections of the world look and feel.
>>
>>389391194
Kinda funny that modern runescape armor looks like wow armor.
>>
>>389391127

There was always a rush for max leveling zergfesting, anon. You just weren't aware or couldn't be bothered with it because you were an inexperienced and unaware child having an adventure without really knowing what the limitations were.
Now you are an adult and know how these games work.
That is all that changed.
>>
>>389385964
play monster hunter
>>
>>389389689

>what did it do better technically exactly?

Back in 2004 it could be played on anything including toasters so normies could easily install it without much issue. Compare that to Everquest 2 which required the absolute top tier hardware at the time and even at that you could only play it on medium or low settings (above very low and extremely low). It was made for the future but honestly the art style was too bland (compared to the concept art it was night and day) thus it never was able to contend and it came out a week prior to WoW.

On top of this Blizzard already had a ravenous and loyal fanbase made out of people who never touched an MMO before but did so because it was fucking Blizzard. So by the time word started to spread there was already a healthy population of people playing the game.
>>
>>389391194
>It's another "hates fun" episode on /v/
>>
>>389387068
Literally the point of mmos
>>
>>389391852

How is this fun? Explain?
>>
heres why transmog is bad. very simple. mmos are all about status. your level, your gear, your mount, etc. back in the day, you could tell how far advanced a raider a guy was just by looking at him for two seconds. one glance. you knew where you stood with people. now: everybody's wearing gear from 2008, and you go "ooh shit, this guy looks like a badass, what is he wearing?" oh, its a transmog. his gear actually sucks dick. so thats why its bad.
>>
>>389385964
I can't wear ugly shit even if it has better stats. There is no point in being powerful if you look like shit.
>>
>>389391964

Never cared about it.
>>
>>389391127
>kinda miss the old school mmorpg where you are not in any rush

Was it that ever? In classic I always had to call 2 weeks sick to quickly level up but you always could level at your own pace.
>>
>>389385964
Good, messy discolored armor looks like fucking garbage.
>>
>>389388770
But you still can do that? What's your point?

I get alot of whispers for my pally s9 elite.
>>
>>389392021
This.
This killed runescape.
>>
>>389392092
Runescape was the greatest at this.
>>
>>389392021

Which is an entirely retarded point, since in order to use something as a transmog in any game you need to have acquired the item to begin with.
Which means you have gotten the item.
Which means you have done the thing.
Which is what actually carries the prestige.

You inbred mongoloid.
>>
>>389392263
????

going back to icc as a level 110 and killing the bosses is braindead easy
>>
>>389392263
but everyone is running around with old gear that you get for free from content that you can now do solo
>>
>Wants to go back to clown suits
>>
>>389392490

Because it looks better and the people clearly don't give two shits about fake prestige, then. If anyone has an item which actually required some manner of skill or luck to get and want to show it they will, that's the fucking point of having something worth something. If it isn't shit, you'll show it. If it looks like shit, then you probably won't.
>>
>>389392470
But you can still wear mythic gear for the same effect which shows your status.
>>
>>389392263

>soloing raid content from almost a decade ago as a massively overleveled character requires skill and is prestigious

You're the mongoloid here
>>
>>389392754

If you can't get the point, you have serious brain damage.
>>
im gonna make it extremely simple

good: if you have badass gear, you look badass
bad: you can look badass without having badass gear
>>
>>389391968
You can't enjoy over the top retarded shit? Like Warhammer, for example, that WoW set on the top of your picture would fit great in Warhammer, and WoW is just about as bad if not worse in some aspects.

I just don't see the problem with a set being overdesigned in an overdesigned universe.
>>
>>389393016

Good: You have earned your badassery, and your alts should benefit from it, but their output should be earned.
Bad: You have paid X amount of IRL cash for this badassery with no stats, enjoy
>>
One would think some of you guys here being so fucking nostalgic for how WoW used to be would respect someone wasting a bunch of time collecting old transmogs, since most of the "challenge" in old WoW raiding came from the amount of time necessary, not from any of the raid bosses being particularly hard.

40 man raids were a fucking mess of trying to find enough people who had done the prerequisite for the current raid tier that weren't completely fucking braindead, and settling for a good chunk of the group being just that anyway.

Most hardcore raiders were not very skilled at the game, hell, there are tons of old videos of clickers downing bosses.
>>
>>389385964

>mfw some people play this for more than 10 years

you could learn how to pilot a fucking Boeing 777 and have 5000 flight hours.
>>
>>389393745

Why would you ever want to do that, though. Aside from fulfilling a lifelong dream of crashing and airplane and murdering everyone in it, which feels more like an end of life kind of situation.
>>
Nothing can ever satisfy any of you besides the opportunity to bitch and moan about something. There can never be a perfect mmo for anybody because of the inherent necessity to find flaw and damn something for that flaw or flaws while ignoring everything positive about it.
>>
>>389394027

Do you know how much airline pilots make ?
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.