[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This will be the last title in the series that uses the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 0003.jpg (2MB, 2035x1205px) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
2MB, 2035x1205px
>This will be the last title in the series that uses the bottom screen of the Nintendo 3DS to draw the map

https://gematsu.com/2017/09/new-festive-culmination-etrian-odyssey-development-3ds#SFckIwitlYQ4r7hX.99

>but Etrian Odyssey will never be on switch, you need 2 screens!

What now nerds?
>>
The death of the series.
Next thing you know they will announce that EO Mystery Dungeon will take over.
>>
It's coming to PS4 retard.
>>
>>389379445
kek
>>
>>389379445
As if Atlus can afford to make console games other than popular shit like Persona.
>>
>>389379003
>need 2 screens
whoever said this is a retard, wizardry clones are a dime a dozen in japan, there is nothing special about etrian odyssey
>>
>>389379003
Real pen and paper comes with the game
EO might lose it's niche as the only crawler to have a smooth integration of digital pnp simulation mapmaking but there's nothing to say it can't just keep going the same way old crawlers go.
>>
>>389379739
Yuzo Koshiro
>>
>>389379003
So how would you handle it? Some kind of dedicate button to bring up an overlay you can draw on? The Switch does have a touch screen, different from the 3DS though it may be, and they've released undocked only games already.
>>
>>389380096
Flip the Switch sideways and split the screen like that.
I dunno how the switch works but that's the easiest way to keep the smoothness of EO's gameplay if you can play the switch like that. Otherwise Idk.
>>
>>389380096
Splatoon 2 did that due to no more dedicated gamepad screen for the map. They could do it like streaming overlays on Twitch for 3DS games and dedicate a portion of the screen for the map with a button to enlarge it.
>>
>>389380619
There's two problems with this. First of which is that this means you have to play it with the joy cons detached, which largely preclude portable play. The other is that the Switch only has a stand that lets it sit horizontally, so you'd either be laying it flat or buying a third party stand.

You might be able to split screen it in the horizontal orientation anyway, but the screen is probably not quite wide enough to accommodate it.
>>
i always hated the mapping aspect of these games
>>
>>389379739

Automapping is garbage.
>>
Honestly there's no easy way out, they might as well make it the last Etrian
They could still keep making DRPGs extremely similar same art style same composer all that shit, but carrying the name Etrian Odyssey without the one thing that set it apart from the crop at face value? Can't see it happening
>>
They should merge it with Class of Heroes and then polish the fuck out of the result.
>>
File: wideanime.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wideanime.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>389381119
Unless you want the whole game to look like this or pinheads, horizontal is probably a no.
Unfortunately that's the only way I could think of keeping the map in without resorting to toggling crap or minimap fuckery. Physical paper maps maybe? I feel like that would turn any casual/new players away though since they typically haven't played any other sort of PnP crawler.
>>
File: Kosuke.jpg (53KB, 250x351px) Image search: [Google]
Kosuke.jpg
53KB, 250x351px
>tfw 9 games in 3DS alone
>tfw you bought and will buy them all
>>
It's coming to PlayStation Portable 2 W (Double)
>>
>>389381663
The Nintendo Switch Online app. Have the map appear on your phone by syncing with your Nintendo ID.
>>
4DS
>>
>>389382341
Feel the loli
>>
Maybe they can finally add an automap like every other fucking dungeon crawler out there.

The draw your own map thing was a cute gimmick at first, but after the 1st game it was already a tedious experience.
>>
>>389382239
>phone screen for mapping
Pls no.
But technically you're right, that could happen. Would suck though.
>>
>>389382998
Then play one of those "every other fucking dungeon crawlers"
It's intentional to have it like this, and if you're a lazy ass the newer titles have some automap tools anyway.
>>
What else can they do with the series really?
>>
A good bunch of things actually.
>>
What if for a new map system they unlock it from the grid so things are not so square and are more free flowing, but still have it so you have to manually mark walls and short cuts and stuff.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.