[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i weird for not even liking this game? i can't seem to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1418094868245.jpg (59KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418094868245.jpg
59KB, 354x500px
am i weird for not even liking this game? i can't seem to understand why some people call this a masterpiece.
>>
File: okami.jpg (37KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
okami.jpg
37KB, 620x350px
Not really, the vast majority of people never gave a fuck about it.
>>
>>389361650
it's the best zelda game out there, and it has a very memorable look/feel.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnJRyTlFb0

Once you get to this music, you'll understand.
>>
File: okami.jpg (160KB, 960x458px) Image search: [Google]
okami.jpg
160KB, 960x458px
It's a pretty awful slog to play, and shows both why nobody mimics Aonuma Zelda games and why they don't sell without the Zelda brand attached.
>>
It's a very niche game and many flaws. Lots of people dislike it for the massive amounts of dialogue, padding and it's lack of difficulty.
I love it, though.
>>
>>389361650
Nah man, I'm not a fan either.

I bought it because people told me it was like Zelda, but outside of the visuals I found it pretty lackluster. The repeated boss battles got really tedious after a while, I couldn't even be bothered to finish it.

Okami is pretty much as good as the worst Zelda game (Skyward Sword).

And to be fair, that's still pretty good.
>>
File: 1176964416450.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1176964416450.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
>>389361650
Wolf anuses aren't for everyone.

Also fuck Issun for solving all "puzzles" for you before even giving you a change to take a shot at solving them yourself.
>>
>>389361650
It has great aesthetics and a fair amount of charm, but it's certainly not without its flaws. The game is way too long for its own good, and is far too easy. I never died once.
>>
Not at all. The dungeons are atrocious and the dialogue is some of the most ridiculously long-winded crap the medium has on offer. It's always been insanely overrated.
>>
>>389362349
I was just thinking they could've shaved a good 20+ hours of gameplay. The length turns the game mechanics from something interesting into a dull gimmick. A game like this is best left short and sweet with the player wanting more.
>>
>>389361650
Nah the game is boring as hell
>>
>>389361650
yeah you're pretty weird, this game is damn good mate
might help if you focus on the just enjoying the game for what it is instead of going into it with a "it's a maaaaastapiece" mindset
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.