[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of stealing someone's heart and then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 11327933-1954412249198466.jpg (129KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
11327933-1954412249198466.jpg
129KB, 480x600px
What's the point of stealing someone's heart and then sending them to jail?
>>
They send themselves to jail. The real oddity is that the phantom thieves almost never show remorse about it, since they're effectively putting an innocent person behind bars. The point of jail is supposed to be penitence and rehabilitation, which is accomplished the instant they steal their heart. In most cases these people could do a lot more good for the world now if they were free. It's fucked up.
>>
>spend the entire game manipulating people's free will

akechi did nothing wrong
>>
>>389346715
>spends the entire game sucking dicks

akechi did nothing wrong
>>
>>389346419
You forgot the other point of jail, which is to effectively serve time for their crimes, and I don't recall anyone being innocent either
>>
>>389346419
Exactly

The weirdest part is the final part of the story where they feel everything is pointless unless Shido goes to jail
>>
>>389347441
but anon what if he just executive ordered them out of jail :^)
>>
>>389346419
Define "innocent"
Anyway, the point of those guys going to jail isn't for penitence or rehabilitation (as you pointed out, it already happened)
The point was to set an example to everyone else watching
Why do you think they target high profile criminals? To show everyone they can make you confess, so you better think twice about doing crime
>>
All this stuff is so much cooler to think about and discuss in this context than it is to hear the characters talk about it ingame. It just sounds so lame coming out of their mouths.
>>
>>389347128
Depends on the country
>>
>>389347128
>I don't recall anyone being innocent
Depends on how you interpret their "distorted desires" really.
If they only act on their natural desires because they Grail amplified them, then I would call them innocent.
If the Grail's influence doesn't come into play then they are guilty, but in that case the PT are effectively brainwashing them.
>>
You guys know that what the Phantom Thieves did is no different than public executions? Entertainment and as a way of sending a clear message to criminals.

I don't mind gallows coming back for criminals. The electric chair and lethal injection aren't sending enough of a message.
>>
>>389346419
>someone commits a bunch of crimes
>suddenly they feel remorse
>it means they're innocent

Is this the dindunuffin logic?
>>
>>389350153
Metaverse magic made them do it.
>>
>>389350784
I thought the point was that these guys were such dicks their shadows left the prison and made their own metaverse areas, not that the Grail made them dicks
>>
>>389347441
If he doesn't go to jail, then it means they live in a society where someone responsible for Shido's crimes can avoid being punished because of their status. That's a good reason to feel pretty bad about the possibility of him not going to jail, and it means that their goal of social reform isn't really possible, if making a public figure admit to their crimes on live television sees them walk away scot-free. Shido's imprisonment is more of a symbol, and the fact that he would be totally repentant for his crimes regardless doesn't matter, because the people who should be locking him up have no reason to believe that he's completely reformed and ought to seek justice anyway.

As for >>389346419
Shido leads his party but is not the only member. If Shido faces no punishment for his crimes, his party and his underlings still have power, even if the leader abstains from participating. There isn't really any reason to believe that reformed Shido would try to set things straight either, because we see in Mementos that "reformed" people simply end up following the same pack mentality everyone else does, which was the core issue.
>>
File: d2c.png (62KB, 280x255px) Image search: [Google]
d2c.png
62KB, 280x255px
>>389350784
But they still did it.
>>
>>389351553
That's exactly what happened. For some reason, there's a really big amount of SMT and Persona players who don't understand details like this, despite the games flat out explaining it to them. This "The metaverse did it" theory is as dumb as all the people who played SMT apoc and for some reason believe that the Lucifer in that game is a fake or a pawn of YHVH. Like P5, the game literally explains shit to you in the most simplest way possible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.