[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Your character has ten fingers > he can only wear two

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

> Your character has ten fingers
> he can only wear two magic rings

Why is this always a thing?
>>
arms are magic conduits and wearing more than one on each fucks up the magic flow
>>
Have YOU ever tried to wear more than one magic ring on each hand?

No? I didn't think so. Come back when you've got a little experience and try again.
>>
>>389341115
> Implying you know how magic works
>>
>>389341262
this is a bullshit but acceptable answer depending on the game
>>
>>389341115
This goes as far back as Dungeons and Dragons rules. You can wear more than one but only one ring on each hand can be "active at a time" and you have to wait a while of you want to switch the primary. It has to do with your ability to control the ebb of magic.
>>
Too much magical energy or whatever concentrated in one part of the body is harmful, or results in diminishing returns, or whichever excuse suits you. Having eight extra gear slots would either be a pain in the ass to manage or would result in all the rings giving jack shit for bonuses for the sake of balance.
>>
You ever tried to hold something when all four fingers on your hand had rings on? That's why
>>
File: iron-man-cartoon-mandarin.jpg (18KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-cartoon-mandarin.jpg
18KB, 400x306px
>>389341115
Because balance.
Being able to wear 10 stat boosting rings would be extremely overpowered, no matter what the game you are playing. Trying to balance it by reducing the amount and/or quality of bonuses they provide would just make them very boring and tedious for players to compare and swap all 10 of them every time ring drops.
>>
>>389341115
You only have two RING FINGERS dumbass. You're gonna look like a fucking an autist wearing rings on every single finger.
>>
>character has two feet
>can only wear one pair of boots
>>
>Fantasy game
>Can only wear one belt
Hope whoever decided on that got fired.
>>
File: 1504481353107.jpg (42KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504481353107.jpg
42KB, 380x400px
>>389341664
>wear one boot of jumping, one boot of speed
>Start skipping around
What would happen?
>>
>I can't equip a magic chastity cage and remote controlled prostate massager

Sorry, what year is it again?
>>
>>389341571
>>389341540
fix: add an item called a ring cluster or something that has the stats of one ring but shows 4-5 on your hand
>>
>>389341636
Why can't you wear two rings on one ring finger?
>>
File: 471132985.jpg (77KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
471132985.jpg
77KB, 612x459px
>complete quest to start my own brothel
>gain ability to wear rings on all my fingers
It ain't easy out here.
>>
>>389341115
This made download the mod for skyrim that lets me wear a necklace with all the rings I wanted on them.
>>
>>389341291
i believe it's called the Pimp hand, or the magic Pimp.
>>
>>389341115
The rings come in a size that only fits your ring fingers.

Nnnnnnnext question!
>>
>>389341636
>Your character won't wear additional, useful equipment because of fashion
Very practical
>>
>>389341807
>skip around
>speed boot makes one foot move quickly forward while the other foot lags behind causing you to trip
>jumping boot on one foot causes you to fly sideways since your jumping strength isn't equal
>>
>>389341807
Hopefully you also packed your knee protectors of health insurance, or a broken leg could happen.
>>
>>389341807
Requires both boots in order to harness the magic. Similar to armlets, if not in a pair they do not function.
>>
>>389341115
>I want to manage 10 rings
If each one does something special or not, it would be fucked either way
They cant all do something unique or special without diluting or compromising the mechanic and if they dont you might as well use only 2

And wearing a shitton of rings actually fucks up how you grip things, so using weapons with a lot of rings is out of the question

Not even going to get into gloves
>>
>>389341807
Good thing meta-fags don't actually design games
>>
>>389341963
>why yes, these are magic earrings
>have you seen my magic nipple piercings?
>I'd love to show you my magic prince albert and jacob's ladder but I got arrested the last time I did that
>I'll be getting my lips, nose and anus pierced in the next town, can't wait!
>>
>>389341990
>He doesnt constantly cartwheels to get anywhere
>>
You can wear 4 in Dark Souls 2/3
>>
File: gl.jpg (161KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
gl.jpg
161KB, 640x473px
>>389341115
If you want 5 different flavours of "fuck reality" on each of your hands than be my guest, but this can't possibly end up good. Probably magical overcharge or some shit like that. And the fact that most RPG protags are not some ghetto niggers wearing enough jewellery to give airport scanner a short out.
>>
you can wear 8 rings if you play as an octopode in DCSS
you can consume rings and gain their powers if you play as the ring monster race in poschengband
>>
File: 1503029398149.png (55KB, 364x268px) Image search: [Google]
1503029398149.png
55KB, 364x268px
Yeah but you only have 2 ringfingers.
>>
>>389342174
Corruption of Champions did this
>>
>>389343386
explain
>>
>>389343645
You can get magical piercings everywhere
>>
>>389341115
It's for balance, but there are always ways to justify it in setting.
For example in TES you can technically wear twenty rings, but generally speaking the more enchanted objects you wear the more likely they are to cause each other to fuck up, missfire and influence each others magic. Enchanted objects are imbued with Animus of a soul, magicka gathering body, and they have magicka fields that absorb magicka and interact with universe similar to how souls would. Bunch of objects with chunks of soul in such proximity to each other casting, absorbing and overlaping magical effects will kill the user in some way, so people wear a limited ammount of enchanted gear or a single piece that is enchanted with one soul and not several pieces with different souls, like one large armor enchanted with one soulgem.
>>
>>389341291
yes I have
>>
>>389342017
>MW had separate bracers/armlets/gloves for left and right
>>
File: theGOAT.jpg (114KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
theGOAT.jpg
114KB, 1200x630px
>>389341291
try five on for size
>>
What irks me more is
>literally one slot for armor, and a separate one for helmet
>it isn't divided into helmet/brestplate/gloves(optionally sleeves too)/pants/boots
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.