[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't do it. Chloe is everything I hate in a person.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: lisbts7.18610.jpg (36KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
lisbts7.18610.jpg
36KB, 610x343px
I can't do it.

Chloe is everything I hate in a person. A self absorbed, spoiled, edgy emo 'punk' teenager 'clever' sarcastic comments on literary everything. Not only making her own life miserable, but also those of her caring mother and david, an ex vet that just wants to make a living with his girl. Chloe was barable in the first game, because of the outstanding cast and storyline of the first game (10/10).

Sure I only played the barn scene (horrible) and the first part in her house. But I can't play this for longer than 30 minutes before exploding in anger.

Why does it have to be this way. I was waiting for this game for months.
>>
File: 1480135285898.png (132KB, 412x276px) Image search: [Google]
1480135285898.png
132KB, 412x276px
>>389336678
>outstanding cast and storyline of the first game
>>
>>389337882
Yes, I was emotionally extremely involved with everyone. With such a diverse, realistic cast, a despicable cunt like Chloe is bearable. Just like irl, people like this exist.
>>
>>389338380
>Just like irl, people like this exist
That doesn't make them good characters.

And the story of the first game was fucking garbage. Unexplained time travel powers manifest to stop an unexplained storm that for some reason is caused by using the time travel powers

And also Max can end Chloe's life in a different timeline just to reverse it all and return to the normal timeline
Because ???

And the ending of the game where "your choices matter" renders all previous choices entirely irrelevant by either killing everyone or retconning the whole game

Is that really 10/10 for you?
>>
>>389338623
>And the story of the first game was fucking garbage. Unexplained time travel powers manifest to stop an unexplained storm that for some reason is caused by using the time travel powers
you really wanted a full exposition/explanation of the magical powers?

>And also Max can end Chloe's life in a different timeline just to reverse it all and return to the normal timeline
Because ???

you mean when chloe was forever in a wheelchair? I don't get what's confusing for you, Max doesn't want Chloe to die, but the butterfly/power in the bathroom scene was what set off everything and it's like the Final Destination movie, CHloe was destined to die, one way or another, or Max can sacrifice Arcadia to spare Chloe. That was the whole point of meat of the game.

>And the ending of the game where "your choices matter" renders all previous choices entirely irrelevant by either killing everyone or retconning the whole game
I agree with you here. Rarely has there been story driven games with "multiple choices" that finish strong.

Not that anon, but the game did build a comfy "small town" setting with a few interesting characters. And addition of time travel as a game mechanic in trying to solve a mystery makes the game at least a 7/10 for me.
>>
>>389339669
>you really wanted a full exposition/explanation of the magical powers?
No I just wanted it to make sense.

There's no reason why Max has the powers, or why halfway through the game she can suddenly travel through polaroids, or why her use of these powers triggers a giant storm and a bunch of dead animals and TWO MOONS

None of it makes sense.

>I don't get what's confusing for you
What was the purpose of that entire part of the story? It feels like a tangent, like the writers just wanted an excuse to have a cliffhanger and a ~super emotional~ scene.
Because at the end of it, Max just resets the timeline, so nothing in that part of the story even mattered. It's as if it never happened.

>the butterfly/power in the bathroom scene was what set off everything
Yeah but why

The story should have stuck to the murder mystery. This apocalyptic storm shit and Chloe's Final Destination threw everything off-course.
>>
>>389336678
Why don't you just kill yourself to end this suffering anon?
>>
>>389340052
But that's pretty much the intent of the story, to "try" and get the players to grow and attach to the character and world. So the EMOTIONAL stuff they pulled here and there was pretty much to tug at heart strings.
They tried to do the same with Chloe, so that in the end of it all, you have to decide whether to spare Chloe or spare everyone else in town.
Did it work? For me it did, but I ended up liking the town and the people more than Chloe. Could it have been written much better? Yes, no question about that.

I personally go all into a game and plot and enjoyed the experience overall, so I can't speak for you, who got hung up on some points of the game.

As for the power? Going further into it will turn it into one of those "fan theory" crap you see everywhere online. But in the "simplest" concept I gleaned from it;

The butterfly, most likely Chloe's spirit animal(?) or just some time altering entity(??), gave Max a chance to save Chloe in the beginning. After repeated failures, the game pretty much decided that in order to overturn the destiny of Chloe's death, Max would have to pay a big price, Arcadia and everyone in it. I'd argue that the storm shit and 2 moons were Max's abuse of time powers and mentioned by angry Max in that diner scene near the end, Max spawned a ton of timeline branch off's. This probably fucked everything and time tornado came for her. Dumb, I know. But WITHIN the GAME'S LOGIC, (not overall time paradox/etc logic), when Max decided to not use the butterfly's power in the beginning bathroom, she pretty much reset all the many clusterfuck of timeline branches back to default. So in other words, her using the power caused all that shit to come to head.

Yea, not the best written game plot, but it doesn't betray it's own logic too much.
And I agree, I really wish their ACTUAL next game is more police procedural/investigation than high school drama.
>>
>>389340917
>So the EMOTIONAL stuff they pulled here and there was pretty much to tug at heart strings.
Emotional scenes for the sake of having them is... not good storywriting.

>it doesn't betray it's own logic too much
Probably because there hardly is any to begin with.
>>
File: 150815 0646.png (234KB, 451x358px) Image search: [Google]
150815 0646.png
234KB, 451x358px
>>389336678
Don't worry. Keep on playing for everything else except Chloe.
>>
I agree with you, Chloe is a cunt that don't deserve any sympathy from me. Give credit where credit is due, her dad died, so she is sad about it. But her mother has lost something bigger than her, yet she successfully got over the death of her husband, knowing that she can't bring him back and that he's probably better where he is. Chloe is not like that. She's a bitch that won't change.
As much as you'd like to meme about David being a soldier and not successfully hitting Johnson (even thought he was taken by surprise, didn't know the place and that he had a gun), he tried to do some EFFORT to be accepted by his step-daughter, ackward if you refuse indeed, but still an effort to try and bond. But Chloe being a bitch, she refuses.
it doesn't help that she has been so badly voiced by Ashly bursh, too over energetic and overplayed, and sound really off most of the time especially the scene where she's angry about Amber.
It's ridiculous, i hated her as much as i hated Warren.
>>
>>389341284
>Emotional scenes for the sake of having them is... not good storywriting.
I wouldn't say all their emotional scenes were out of left field, they tried to write/build up to it. I actually found Max having to go back to Chloe's father leaving and accepting that shit wasn't going to work out to be a good moment.

I also liked the ending where you choose Arcadia and Max having to experience Chloe getting shot and with all her past memories from the timeline shenanigans and now having to live with no Chloe, that has some force behind it.

Like I said, 7/10 for me, I enjoyed it as a whole. Hopefully it is the B-team writing Before the Storm and they either get someone new or their writers get better for the next actual game.
>>
>>389341761
>Hopefully it is the B-team writing Before the Storm
It's not even Dontnod.

It's a completely different studio, Deck Nine, formerly known as Idol Minds.
>>
reading all of these posts gave me cancer.

what a whiny cunts are you /v/. getting triggered over some fictional character
>>
>>389336678
What the fuck was life is strange anyway? A point and click like the Telltale games?

I'm not even throwing buzzwords here when I say it gave off a tumblr vibe.
Genuinely curious, why was the game so popular? Is it really that good?
It seemed like the people who praised it generally had shit opinions about other games.

Really not trying to be an ass here, genuinely curious.
>>
>>389336678
Play the real ''games'' you faggot.
>>
>>389338623
Yeah bro
If the power was explained it would ruin the mystery.
>>
>>389342264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfHHzAxNu7M
This is all you need to know about the tone of the game
>>
>>389340786
The damage, $16, has already been done
>>
File: 1498538303017.jpg (51KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1498538303017.jpg
51KB, 500x558px
>play a game that is tumblr incarnate
>surprised at characters that are human garbage but we're supposed to 'love'

The only winning move was not to play
>>
>>389341548
Why? Warren was just a cool dude, he'd browse /v/
>>
>>389342740
Nah man, he's a creepy orbiters that stalk Max if you watch your surrounding carefully.
Plus i hate him even more because he made the shitty writing even more bullshit because i feel like he had to be shoehorned in every episode, but also because he reduced the importance of Max's power by understanding it instantly. The cool thing about her power was that we just didn't know what caused it and why she has it. He just explains what caused it practically in no time when Chloe had to be convinced for it. This is ridiculous.
>>
>>389336678
You see too much of yourself in her
>>
>>389342601
Man there was a time when writing like that wouldn't piss me off.

It's trying too hard.
>>
File: 1499825737538.jpg (28KB, 720x727px) Image search: [Google]
1499825737538.jpg
28KB, 720x727px
>>389342601
>teenage girl characters written by 45 year old Frenchmen voiced by 30+ year old women intended for a tumblr audience of 14-25 year olds
>>
>>389342740
>cool dude
he couldn't get the fucking hint though. girl was being too nice and couldn't be more obvious but he forced his luck.

and he ended up getting cuck'd by main character's lesbian fantasies eventually. whatever you do it was inevitable to keep her away from having *romantic* thoughts for Chloe (if you don't kiss her she regrets, her latest journal entry says what if it's love? and if you kiss her she says she doesn't regret it any second and more becomes sure about it's love lel)
>>
>>389342740
>he'd browse /v/
Fuck off.We're not cringy as him.
He'd browse /r9k/ or simply plebbit
>>
>>389336678
>game
it's a movie, and not even a good one
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.