[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been getting the itch to try this game again. Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Kunark_Ascending_Keyart2k.jpg (819KB, 2280x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kunark_Ascending_Keyart2k.jpg
819KB, 2280x900px
I've been getting the itch to try this game again. Does anyone still play it? How badly has it been ruined by the new devs?
>>
I take it that's a no on whether anyone still plays it?
>>
Damn, EQ2 is ancient at this point (not as ancient as EQ which is still running I guess) but I think it started to go sour after Gallenite left to make Trion. (Sadly I guess he lost touch when they sank their resources into Defiance, lost a shitload of money and were relegated to making localizations for p2w korean fotm shit.)
>>
I have not played it in years. I don't think I even remember what my account is.
>>
File: 09112014_019974.png (7KB, 279x97px) Image search: [Google]
09112014_019974.png
7KB, 279x97px
I played since launch and only logged in a few years ago to see how it held up and all of the new shit is overwhelming.

There was a lot done after TSO (when I quit) to bring it more in line with other modern games and promote ease of access. Mercenaries are one of the biggest, since they can do dungeons with you I take it? On top of subscriber-only benefits and an enormous AA gap from having not played, it's just too hard to get back into.
>>
>>389338125
I haven't played much of EQ2 (only tried it out when it first launched and then jumped back to FFXI) but if its modernization is anything like what they did when EQ1 went f2p I wouldn't expect anything good from it.
>>
>>389335648
I loved this game, but it's dead.
I remember when the starter zone (Isle of Refuge) was bustling. I remember venturing out into Antonica, the biggest zone I'd ever seen, and not knowing where I'd end up. Grouping with people along the way. Getting deeper and deeper into the danger of the zone and barely making it out alive.

I logged in not long ago and received a "time bonus" for playing for a couple of hours. It was a bag of platinum coins. In the two seconds it took to open that bag, I was given more wealth than I ever amassed after a few years of playing. I got three more bags over the next day or so. I followed glowing waypoints that lead me directly to what monsters I needed to kill. I saw other players rarely. The cash shop is prominent. And aesthetically this game has not aged well.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post. It's an MMO in it's terminal stages. I don't know what you're looking for. You might get a kick out of playing for a month or two. The latest late game content might be appealing to you. Honestly surprised this game is still going and very disappointed that EQ3 amounted to the failed EQNext project.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.