[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2S X_EJjd9k >you honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1447038312179.jpg (26KB, 503x366px) Image search: [Google]
1447038312179.jpg
26KB, 503x366px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2SX_EJjd9k

>you honestly thought reviewers would give Sonic a fair shake after Mania

The narrative will never change. Sonic sucks, Sonic has always sucked, and only the hardcore Sonic autists like his mediocre games.
>>
>>389334632
>The narrative will never change. Sonic sucks, Sonic has always sucked, and only the hardcore Sonic autists like his mediocre games.

That's true though
>>
File: 1504215419636.jpg (93KB, 481x784px) Image search: [Google]
1504215419636.jpg
93KB, 481x784px
>>389334632
Yeah and now Forces will come out and Mania will might as well have not existed at all. It won't be Sonic '06 levels bad but it's definitely going to get compared to it by a lot of reviewers and the "Sonic was never good" meme will flourish once again. Only the hardcore Modernfags will really enjoy Forces while everyone else is going to be ambivalent as fuck towards it.

tl;dr Being a Sonicfag is eternal suffering. More at 11.
>>
>giving a shit on opinions in an industry, where journos canr even press two buttons in a row
"Sonic was never good" faggots wouldn't even pass Hydrocity in S3 or kill themselves on eggman boss of Angel Island and then call the game unfair.
>>
>>389335535
Just stop caring if other people like Sonic or not. This need for validation isn't needed. If you like Sonic, then that's fine enough. It doesn't have to be popular.
>>
File: 1486407919027.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1486407919027.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>"so why did you give the game an 8.5, what did it do wrong?"
>"when you die at a boss in act 2, you have to play the whole zone over again!"

God forbid there be a consequence for failure in a video game
>>
>>389334632
I read that post in Homer's voicr
>>
how many fucking sonic threads do we need?
>>
>>389336657
All /v/ threads need to be Sonic threads
>>
>>389334632
So is sonic unleashed's werewolf levels truly a bad thing? It tried to stray away from the fact that the rest of the games are only known for being "fast", and by doing so limited the type of games that could be made for sonic in the first place.
>>
>>389338064
IMO the werehog levels had really solid platforming and would be remembered much more fondly if the brawling aspect had been downplayed, or at the very least they hadn't made every single enemy encounter compulsory. It made every level feel tedious and repetitive.
>>
>>389334632
Hipster douchebags aside, but whats wrong with this implication?
>>
How many times have the Sonic games "gone back to its roots" now?
>>
>>389338064

if the game had been kept exactly the same but the werehog had been replaced with Knuckles, and the game was renamed Sonic and Knuckles 2 or Sonic and Knuckles Adventure then people would love it and herald it as one of the greatest Sonic games of all time.
>>
>>389339049
More people talk about Sonic going back to its roots than SEGA actually making games that go back to the series roots.
>>
>>389334632
>Sonic sucks, Sonic has always sucked,
That's in most part true, and for the "good" games that's still subjective. I never liked Sonic. All he ever was just an inferior series to Mario. A B level mascot. It was Sega's other games that made their console great. Streets of Rage for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwEktYEIs0
>>
>>389339123
Then it'd be an entirely different game because Knuckles doesn't have stretchy limbs
>>
>>389334632
>>389334683
Neogaf everyone.

Just because you were born after the original Mega Drive games and couldn't understand the flow or physics doesn't mean they're shit.
It means your retarted.

1 is trash, but 2 and 3 are good. 3D has always been shit, but I'm still nostalgic for Adventure 1.
>>
>>389339301
You're not really making a good case for Sonic when you're basically saying 2 out of a 100 games aren't total garbage. (Or 3 out of a 100 with Mania)
>>
Sonic Team Sonic games post-3&K are trash, that much is true.
>>
>>389339526
This is more true than false, but there have been some quality Sonic Team games since S3+K.
They're still batting way below .500 though.
>>
I don't mind people not liking Sonic, but every single time someone explains why they don't like Sonic it's always the dumbest fucking reasons that make it blatantly obvious that they're shit at the game and don't even understand the core concepts of the game. And that's the fucked up thing, there are legit reasons that a Sonic game might not be your cup of tea, not being interested in multiple playthroughs and exploring all the different paths and finding which ones are the fastest and which ones lead to secrets, mapping out the entire game in your mind, those things are definitely not for everyone and if you're looking for an ultra linear platform experience a la Mario, you're going to be disappointed. Instead of those reasons however, they always say shit like "I ran into enemies and took damage wtf? I thought this game was about going fast???" People are retarded and Sonic gets a bum deal because of it.
>>
>>389339387
Most Zeldas are shit, but I don't see anyone complaining about the series as a whole.
>>
File: 1377237875792.png (285KB, 370x398px) Image search: [Google]
1377237875792.png
285KB, 370x398px
>>389338064
I had the 360 copy of sonic unleashed, got it for christmas. I never had any beef with the game so i would say im unbiased.

I think the split design was incredibly bold and smart. In the day you finally, for the first time in the series, got that true adrenaline feeling from intense speeds. Even if there are faster games, there is an EXTREME amount of polish and attention to detail that make things feel super fast. And each level felt like a journey. In shamar you started in the town, then progressed to the rocky canyons, finally you ended in front of an ancient historical temple with a grand entrance and pillars. In adabat you start on a pier, tear through a small island, get launched through a few beaches and jungles, and finally end up in a serene waterfall. Its immaculate in motion when you can do it all perfectly without getting stopped once.

The night levels then focused on the opposite. Things were obviously slowed down, but there was more platforming. And it was fully 3D, full 3D platforming. There was combat with an expanding movelist as you gained more experience. The atmosphere like in chun nan or empire city was again, immaculate. There was more to explore for, breaking open containers for powerups or collectibles. The only meh stages i remember for werewolf sonic was spagonia and i think shamar. Good atmosphere but weak level design. I would have to replay it to see if im remembering right or wrong.

The dlc was also very good, and the hubs served to take a break from the blinding speeds of the day or combat and careful balancing around at night. Sure some things could have been removed or better implented, like bigger enemy variety or the color gem puzzles. But it was their first time with that concept you know? And what was there as a base was very solid and could have easily been tuned to perfection in a sequel imo

Also sonic mania is the best game since sonic unleashed
>>
>>389334632
What kind of title is this? Its a sonic game so it being a good sonic game is a good thing right? IS this video basically saying "its a good game but I don't like it therefore sucks".

I'm just hoping a shit thread was bumped off for this garbage.
>>
File: 1496721766356.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496721766356.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>389334632
>giving a shit about other's opinions/take on hobbies
>>
>>389340921
Sonic fans are the most persecuted in all of gaming, give them a break. Its like they literally arent allowed to enjoy their games even though they sell millions every time so its not like its some niche group
>>
>>389340839
Basically it means, "Is Mania actually a good game, or is it just better than the average Sonic game, which is fucking awful?"

The implication is that Sonic fans will settle for below average.
>>
>>389339049
>How many times have the Sonic games "gone back to its roots" now?

Twice
Sonic 4 Or atleast gave an attempt to
and Mania
>>
>>389336008
Even Sonic 1 had checkpoints before the boss.
>>
>>389334632
Every time you shittalk a good game, or praise a bad game, you lose a bit of credibility.

But when you're on the bottom of the barrel like those "game journos", you can say everything you want.
>>
>>389334632
What scene in the Simpsons is this?
>>
>>389334632
all the "sonic was never good" fags have been exposed as being people who have barely spent an hour on the classic games and are literally worse at them than I was when i was five years old.
people who shit on the games because they have no fundamental understanding of how they're supposed to be played, project their own ideas of what a sonic game should be and grading the game by those standards.
i don't know how anyone can take these people seriously unless they themselves have never played a sonic game
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.