[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jet Set Radio >Streets of Rage >Skies of Arcadia >Shinobi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: retro_sega_logo.gif (88KB, 380x126px) Image search: [Google]
retro_sega_logo.gif
88KB, 380x126px
>Jet Set Radio
>Streets of Rage
>Skies of Arcadia
>Shinobi
>Panzer Dragoon
>one-offs like Vectorman, Comix Zone and Ristar
>all dead

Why does /v/ pretend Sega is back when all they're doing is essentially remastering/remaking Sonic and Yakuza?
>>
Sega reportedly has plans to "revive dormant IPs", but I agree, until they start walking the walk they don't have anything to lord over others.
>>
>>389330256
This.

They've been very vocal lately that they want to explore their old IP's. Unfortunately, they're not off to a good start with their mobile games, what with being terribly unoptimized and all. We won't really see the fruition of this revival for at least another year or two if they're actually developing anything.
>>
>>389329385
Sega is a really really clumsy ass company

These guys have massive amounts of IPs and had like 10 damn consoles, they're like a lumbering behemoth that for some reason is only awake for 3 hours a day. Why they haven't gotten their shit together is like a mystery. Are they playing it safe because they have a history of going big and failing at it?
>>
>>389329385
It's a shame they can't get someone like Arcane to make a new Shinobi.
>>
>>389330454
Old Japanese businessmen.

I wish I was witch hunting, but there is a serious corporate culture in Japan where elders who have ran companies for decades are respected, and their word is taken almost as law.
>>
>>389330608
>Old Japanese businessmen
That's true, if Sega wants to survive they need to unify all their regional districts and start moving as one huge gundam and not three tiny little gundams

Sega of Japan still has all the influence over what the other ones do right?
>>
>>389330912
To my knowledge, the other entities have more freedom now than before. I can't back that claim up, but their marketing in recent years I feel is proof of this.

Overall though, the Japanese side still calls the shots.
>>
>>389329385
Why do people always act like SEGA isn't doing well business wise? They make shitloads of money from vocaloid games alone.
>>
Sega will get no attention from me until I see Jet Set Radio Future on PC
>>
>>389331026
>Why do people always act like SEGA isn't doing well business wise?
People are just doom and gloom all the time because it's the cool thing to do now

Sega will be a terrible company in many eyes until they either make a new console or bring over PSO2, and a whole bunch of Dreamcast/Xbox games
>>
>>389331026
SEGA's doing fine, business-wise, at the moment, they just have a fucking plethora of IP's they haven't touched since shortly after the Dreamcast went belly-up.

Ten years ago, though, they weren't doing well at all. The Gearbox deal really fucked them over, bigtime, among other things such as Sonic going to shit and selling badly. With Atlus under their belt now, I don't really see money being in issue for a long time at least.
>>
Everyone knows Namco Bandai are the ones making a comeback
>Digimon is back
>saving fighting games from Capcom with Tekken 7, Gundam Versus, Pokken DX and DBZ FighterZ
>Ace Combat and Tales Of got unfucked
>.hack is coming back
>publishing the spiritual successor to Disaster Report
>tons of decent misc. anime games
>no longer refuses to localize games, almost everything they make gets either a full localization or an Asia English edition
>starting to acknowledge the growing overseas fanbase for IDOLM@STER
>supporting every platform, even the failed Xbone and Vita
>>
I wonder how /v/ would look like when they lose their absolute shit over a jet set radio announcement
>>
>>389329385
But will those games make a profit?
>>
I just had a revelation, a new idea that has never occurred to me in my 30 years in this planet, until now. The REAL reason why these companies are so hesitant to port their games to PC isn't because of piracy. It's not even about it not being profitable.

It's about having a single copy of the game in the wild on a platform that never "retires." A platform that once the game is out there on it, cannot be sold to again. That the communities and fans will take it and preserve it for all time.

With console versions, emulation is the only way to achieve something similar and with modern consoles, this fad is fading. When the console starts to get old and die, they can just shit out a new remaster and keep selling the same game to people over and over again.

You literally cannot do this on PC. This is the real reason why we don't get as many PC ports as we'd like. We must focus our efforts on emulation as the publishers have no desire to preserve these games for time immemorial.
>>
>>389329385
Don't forget Phantasy Star. Not only are the classics dead, but PSO has been raped and left a horrific shell of the amazing game it once was with the abomination that is PSO2.
>>
>>389330454
It's not that big a mystery. Fuckers forget they are NOT Sega anymore, and haven't been for over a decade now. They're under an umbrella as Sega-Sammy now, and Sammy are pachinko fucks like Konami.
>>
>>389331524
Well that and Sega is notorious for losing source code. They reign supreme when it comes to that shit
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.