[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Link get the lamest power? He's got a piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 271
Thread images: 43

File: link.jpg (376KB, 1292x1140px) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
376KB, 1292x1140px
Why does Link get the lamest power? He's got a piece of the Triforce, the most powerful artifact in his universe, and the power he gets from that is *drumroll* courage.

So he's a regular sword and board guy who ain't scared of nuffin'. That's pretty lame for the supposed chosen one.
>>
>>389326705
But he always wins. It's like fuckin uhhh obi wan dying and luke still doing everything right, it's just luck powers
>>
>>389326705
but then why does Link always win?
>>
Someone's gotta try, and Link has the will to try harder than everyone else. Because of this, he attains mad sills to defeat the bad guys.
>>
>>389327074
canonically he's lost
>>
>>389326705
He's literally (literally) Zelda's errand boy
>>
The Triforce doesn't actually give you powers, it just goes to the person who most strongly embodies or values that specific trait.

Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf are all paragons of Wisdom, Courage, and Power, respectively, so they all typically gain a piece of the Triforce.
>>
Do the other two have magic only because of their triangles, or did they inherit items or find them in chests somewhere?
>>
>>389326882
>>389327074
Because he grabs weapons and spells that are way cooler than the one thing he's known for.
>>
File: 1366508369323.png (19KB, 105x124px) Image search: [Google]
1366508369323.png
19KB, 105x124px
>>389326705
Why does Link always get the triforce of Courage and the villain Power? why havent they tried switching it up?
>>
>>389327431
See
>>389326705

Zelda and Ganondorf already have inherent powers.
>>
>>389326705
Link's power isn't courage alone and i'd argue that the triforce offers protection against certain dark forces

His power isn't just about courage anyway, it's more or less about the fact that link makes friends and allies along his journey, often collecting powerful items along the way, the master sword being one of them, he also seems to be born a master at any weapons he picks up for some reason
>>
>>389327431
>The Triforce doesn't actually give you powers
yes it does. its specifically stated that they gain the power to grant the user any wish they desire if they posses all 3. the have also been a handful of times where Zelda and Link were able to repel evil thanks to their pieces. Zeldas Light Bow also comes from her piece and in a way the Master Sword can only be used by the one who posses the triforce of Courage
>>
>>389327431
Ganon pretty clearly gains powers in OoT due to his piece. He goes from a sneaky dude to overlord.
>>
>>389326705
But that's not his power. His power is that he links you to the game. And you always win because you're winner.
>>389327504
If SS remains canon you can kill any hope for the series deviating thanks to muh reincarnations.
>>
You guys don't know anything about Zelda. Stop. JUST.

The Triforces don't give you powers. They only brand you with a marker of what you already have. They're all the same thing and don't so anything by themselves. Only if made whole. They explain this in OoT. Hot damn pay attention sheesh.
>>
>>389327663
>grant the user any wish they desire if they posses all 3.

Yes, all three grants a wish. That's the only real ability it gives you.

>the have also been a handful of times where Zelda and Link were able to repel evil thanks to their pieces.

There is some nebulous protection that pops up in some of the games, see Link being somewhat protected from the Twilight in TP. But it's hardly consistent and I don't think it's ever stated that the triforce is specifically protecting them.

>Zeldas Light Bow also comes from her piece and in a way the Master Sword can only be used by the one who posses the triforce of Courage

Wrong. The Light Bow was a gift from the Light Spirits in TP and the Light Arrows are a "treasure of the Royal Family".
>>
>>389327734
He uses magic to fuck with Young Link at their first meeting but he doesn't acquire the Triforce of Power until opening the Sacred Realm afterward.

He's a sorcerer and a reincarnation of Demise's hate, that's where his power comes from.
>>
File: 1417398988130.jpg (102KB, 473x450px) Image search: [Google]
1417398988130.jpg
102KB, 473x450px
>>389327760
>If SS remains canon you can kill any hope for the series deviating thanks to muh reincarnations.
jesus christ is SS the worst fucking Zelda game ever? it even fucked up the lore!
>>
>>389327504
As far as power goes, bad guys are almost always the ones who would crave ultimate power.
>>
File: owlman did nothing wrong.png (135KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
owlman did nothing wrong.png
135KB, 500x252px
>>389327939
>you cant be evil with ultimate wisdom
>>
>>389326705
>>389327074
he has the courage to brave 4 to 9 dungeons per game. The player directs him into all sorts of dangerous situations; he slaughters enemies without fear as the player directs.

The Triforce of Courage lets the player LINK to the world to save it.
>>
>>389327836
>ww
>oot magic
>>
>>389328068
It's not that, it's just that bad guys are generally associated with a desire for ultimate power.
>>
File: well_cross.jpg (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
well_cross.jpg
54KB, 320x240px
>>389328109
>implying I wasn't scared as a kid
>>
>>389328351
yeah but if you were too scared you could have shut it off. Instead you braved through it. You would have been more scared if you were in a real dungeon, but with you help Link braved through it.
>>
>>389328151
i know the correlation. im just with this anon >>389327504 and wish they would switch it up once in a while
>>
>>389328351
>I made my older brother play that level
>>
Another question: Did he speak anything other than hyaa?
BotW Link seems he can speak, but what about other Links?
>>
>>389326705
Link doesn't even have courage, the player does.
>>
File: 1439498656189.jpg (181KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439498656189.jpg
181KB, 600x600px
>>389328649
>tfw you were that older brother

my bro also wanted me to play the water temple but i told him to fucking do it himself
>>
>>389326705
It grants the user the ability to see the way to victory even if there's only one way to win
>>
>>389328724
Link is the link between the player and the game.
>>
>>389328568
I think they did something like that in ALBW, where Ravio wasn't courageous but was wise, Hilda had misplaced courage but wasn't wise, and Yuga was wiser then Ganon, but as an advisor and not a King, plus being less physically imposing, was less powerful.
>>
>>389328679
There are dialogue options and characters respond to you as if you had said something so canonically yes.
>>
>>389326705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3cLBW8Vykk
>>
>>389328847
>>389328486
>>389328109
Can we stop this meme?

He's just as much of a link to the real world as any playable character. Stop being autists because his name happens to have a meaning in English.
>>
>>389328879
There are also parts in the dialogue of OoT where the textbox will simply read ". . ." and then the NPC will continue the conversation as if Link just said something. Malon learning Link comes from the forest, for example.
>>
>>389326705
>>389327504

Link doesn't get the Triforce of Courage. Link is the Triforce of Courage. Just like Zelda and Gannon are avatars of their respective Triforces.
>>
>>389327217
yeah in the timeline with worst games
>>
>>389328847
Rumor has it the pieces of the Trifroce in Zelda 1 were originally supposed to be microchips in a somewhat scifi/futuristic setting with high fantasy elements, so he was meant to be a "link" between the past and the future. There are articles you can find in Google to back this up.
>>
>>389329070
The Triforce was a physical object in the first game.
I'm pretty sure Din didn't create the Triforce of Power so some Middle Eastern Ginger Orc could use it for malice
>>
Interesting thread.
>>
>>389326705
His power is "Basically impossible to be a fucking pussy." That's all the power you need when you've got a sack so huge that you need a wheelbarrow just to lug it around, his power lies in the tools he picks up along the way due in part to the aforementioned power of not being a fucking pussy.

>Be Link
>Go against the meanest, most powerful motherfucker in Hyrule
>Who is the reincarnation of the meanest, most powerful lone god in all of existence (it takes all three goddesses just to slap his shit)
>Get to be powerful enough to slap his shit by infiltrating the lairs of his minions and taking their powerful shit, where most other people would be pissing their pants at home at the thought of it or complaining because their microscrotes are becoming concave in regards to ice-themed dungeons

Compare this to Zelda, who has the power of being really smart but still ends up getting her stupid ass captured and letting Hyrule go to shit instead of preemptively stopping Ganon's shit with her brains.
>>
>>389326705
Cause he wears a dress.
>>
>>389329183
It's an extremely plausible theory that Din is putting the pussy on the pedestal to lure Ganon into doing what he does. Sounds farfetched for a Nintendo game but you gotta remember that Nintendo stuff is "for kids" in the same way Disney movies are; there are still adult undertones.

Din was responsible for creating the entire planet, wasn't she? At least according to Hylian lore. She made the world, Farore made nature, Nayru made law. So...yeah, she'd be all about taking 100% credit.
>>
I don't understand how the Triforce works. How do you obtain more than one piece? Ganon brings everyone all together, but doesn't say how he's going to get their pieces. Do you just kill the guy with the piece?
>>
>Zelda 1 has one Princess Zelda
>Zelda 2 is the same Link from Zelda 1 rescuing a different Princess Zelda from hundreds of years prior who's in Rip Van Winkle state
>Zelda 2 is where all the towns have names that end up being the names of the sages in OoT
>Zelda 2's instruction manual is where the "Triforce symbol appearing on the back of your hand" plot devices originates

yeah that's OoT Zelda
>>
>>389329430
The original Zelda only has two trifroces. They're named such because they're triangles, not because there's three of them (until ALttP). iirc, Power and Wisdom are the only ones in the original game.
>>
>>389329304
Didn't they fuck off from the planet after they were done and only showed up again to flood it?
>>
>>389329430
Pretty sure that's how it works.

But if that's the case then Ganon would have killed Zelda in OoT and taken the Triforce of Wisdom for himself. There wasn't an incentive to lure Link to the castle since he was already on a quest for his head so why keep the bitch around?
>>
>>389328812
Water temple wasn't even that bad looking back, but fuck me and my three brothers took that shit in shifts
>>
>>389329754
It's hard to say whether they ever had a physical incarnation to begin with. They're only ever depicted, as far as I remember, in the origin flashback for the universe in OoT. In Wind Waker, they waited for the hero to save their ass again but he didn't exist anymore because time wormholes or some shit, so they prayed and it caused a flood.
>>
>>389329430
It's important to note that prior to around OoT, the Triforce wasn't split between people either. In fact, in OoT itself, the triforce is just sitting around in the Temple of Time and you fuck up by going there and opening the door while Ganondorf sneaks in behind you. After this it gets split into the each one going off and embedding themselves in their respective representatives. Going off this, Ganon never makes a wish on the Triforce when it's just the three of them meeting up with their individual pieces. It's only in WW, I think, where the three bearers meeting up results in a wish happening and it's from the King of Hyrule jacking it before Ganondorf can make the wish.
>>
>>389329857
Prayed to who?
The Platinum Goddess?
>>
>>389329843
Ganon was trying to kill Zelda. That's why Impa and she are escaping when you get there with the spiritual stones. He probably would have followed them if Link hadn't shown up, which gave him the opportunity to go straight to the sacred realm.

OoT Ganondorf probably obtained the entire Trifroce and fucking nuked everything but through an act of divine intervention the Trifroce got split so that Link could fix the mess for everyone's sorry asses
>>
>>389329304
>Nintendo stuff is "for kids" in the same way Disney movies are; there are still adult undertones
Hmmmm how many sex references are in Nintendo games? I can only think of the waluigi crotch chop
>>
>>389327431
>Twilight Princess clearly shows Ganondorf receiving the Triforce of Power and then using it to magically survive his own death and breaking free from the sage's power when he couldn't before
Sure buddy, the Triforce doesn't do anything.
>>
>>389329996
Prostitute in Zelda 2 comes to mind
>>
>>389327606
>Link's power isn't courage alone and i'd argue that the triforce offers protection against certain dark forces
That's true, the ToC prevents him from turning into a lost soul in TP
>>
>>389329996
I'm not sure, but it's only just now dawned on me that Link never had a father, in any game. His mother is alluded to in OoT as abandoning him in the forest in the midst of the war for Gerudo independence.

Come to think of it, the Queen of Hyrule isn't really mentioned anywhere, either... Yeah, I completely buy Link and Zelda being brother and sister in every game. It's headcanon but it makes perfect sense when you consider how royal bloodlines actually used to work in the middle ages.
>>
>>389326705
Ocarina of Time is literally the best Link design.
>>
>>389328968
>doesn't know that's why miyamoto gave him that name
>>
>>389329967
No, I mean late in the game when Zelda is captured in a diamond spell thing.
>>
>>389330163
>war for Gerudo Independence

To elaborate... That's totally all it was. The entire kingdom was at war before the events of OoT. The Gerudos were just the last to surrender. Kinda hard to say whether or not Ganondorf was actually just a scapegoat of all the other races for the events of the child timeline (disease... food shortage... more disease...) and Zelda was really fulfilling a prophecy of another kind.
>>
>>389330551
Why is he wearing leggings?
>>
>>389326705
because it sends the message that you can overcome anything regardless of how weak you are as long as you aren't afraid to keep going. Duh faggot.
>>
>>389327431
How is Zelda wise?
>>
>>389330651
Wait. No... Aging should be the first one in parentheses. And the Kokiri had zero concept for death. They're all gone in the adult timeline, too...at least if memory serves.

>>389330652
ACKSHUALLY it's long underwear. Koizumi revealed this in the Iwata Asks for OoT 3D. They gave him an earring as a fashion statement, but they were worried he'd look "too cool" for a Nintendo character, so they gave him dorky underpants as an offset.
>>
>>389330163
Link's father and the queen of Hyrule are actually both mentioned in botw. Link's father is mentioned in the memory next to lake hylia and was implied to have been a knight as well.

Zelda's mother was mentioned in King Rhoam's diary, where he mentioned that she died when zelda was about 6 years old or something.

I might be misremembering some details but they did get mentioned.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5blHw6C4Ax4&t=0m44s

always gonna be the best game of all time
>>
I'm trying to remember. In OoT, do you have to have Fire, Forest and Water completed before you can get to the Shadow Temple? Or can you do it as soon as you clear the bottom of the well?
>>
>>389332668
need water done so zelder will give you the song
>>
>>389332668
>>389332839 is right. It's an oddly out of place extended cutscene triggered when you enter Kakariko after the Water Temple. The Shadow Temple is the only one, I think, you absolutely can't access without the song, since it's behind the graveyard beyond that high ledge with the fence.
>>
I miss the era of late N64 through early Gamecube where Nintendo's go-to Link was OoT Link. He looked awesome in games like SC2 and Melee.
>>
>>389332962
So it automatically triggers after water, then? You can do Forest-Water to completion without doing the Fire Temple, so in theory, you can do the Fire Temple last... I think I remember figuring this out ages ago, since it made so much sense to do the dungeon on Death Mountain at the end. I'm bored, so let me see if I can think of sequence permutations for the adult timeline dungeons. You can do:

>Fire-Forest-Water-Shadow/Spirit
>Forest-Water-Shadow/Spirit-Fire

And then there's the boring, normal stuff. This is all figuring in that you won't leave a dungeon partway after you get the key item. I guess in the end, entering Shadow or Spirit is only contingent on doing the Water Temple first, since you need the longshot to cross dead man's wasteland before the Spirit Temple, and the Shadow Temple won't trigger til you've beaten Water anyway. You need the Lens of Truth, too, come to think of it... But you can do the well as soon as you can turn into a kid again. You can't do Water first unless you want to get creative with Farore's Wind, since it requires the bow (but not the hammer)... So if you wanted to do the two "last dungeons" ASAP, you can do Forest-Water and call it a day.

This is speaking in terms of 100% completion of each dungeon, btw. Hm... Do you need the hammer in the spirit or shadow dungeons? I want to say there's a rusty switch somewhere in Spirit.

>>389333668
desu this is one of my favorite things about OoT 3D. It stays very true to how Link appeared in those games. For that reason I think the brightened color palette suits it just fine.
>>
Link's power is to be able to continue after a game over. The "courage" to try and try again.

That's why he's OP.
>>
>>389335118
>This is speaking in terms of 100% completion of each dungeon, btw. Hm... Do you need the hammer in the spirit or shadow dungeons? I want to say there's a rusty switch somewhere in Spirit.
I just finished replaying that temple, I don't recall there being one.
>>
Turns out you can hurt and/or stun Volvagia when he's in Arwing mode. Never realized that before. The hookshot will stagger him, sword seems to do damage. Wondering if there's some creative use of bombs to make the fight go faster.
>>
>>
>>389326705
I'm not even a Zeldafag, I havn't played one in over a decade and a half but you're fucking retarded if you don't think that isn't the coolest shit.
>>
>>389329857
Tetra's Pendant is a piece of the triforce of wisdom. I think they can be physical when they want to be or some shit like that. It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>389330907
The Kokiri are still in the forest, they just have moved around to different positions.
>>
>>389326705
>So he's a regular sword and board guy who ain't scared of nuffin'.
Yeah. Would YOU go down the well?
>>
>>389329857
I know it was the cel shading but I liked how they were solid colors in WW instead of shiny or made of light like in other games Made them look like some kind of inter-dimensional being that really shouldn't exist.

Of course Zelda carried one around like a pendant so they're probably just made of metal or some shit.
>>
>>389337950
>the king snatches the wish from under Ganon's nose
>"please drown us LOL"
What an asshole.
>>
>>389335118
Technically you don't need the lens of truth: if you COULD get to the shadow temple without the song (bomb jumping) you can complete it, although iirc you do need the longshot at times.

Check the details on low% runs of the game.
>>
>>389335118
Oh, didn't read about the 100%.

You can do Forest/Fire/Water in any order. You only need the Bow for Shadow temple if you want to bomb jump into the Shadow Temple early. Spirit needs Longshot to access the boss room, although you may be able to reach it with a scarecrow + creative hookshot use? I think the angle there may be wrong though. You need an alternate weapon for Ganon (BG sword works or MTH). You need Light arrows for the trials, but you don't need to beat each trial to access Ganon's Tower.
>>
>>389338052
No thanks. I'm speaking strictly in terms of playing the game normally. Bomb jumping and other sequence breaking tricks are out the window. I'm only interested in learning how many ways there are to beat it, exactly as the game was built intentionally. Devoting time some years ago to practicing the Door of Time skip was really fun, though.

>>389338006
I guess the Triforce is basically just an effigy for the three goddesses, when you put it that way. That makes total senses. I mean, it's a physical object. The dude touches it.

>>389338006
It kind of is a dick move, but in the end, they both essentially wanted dominion over the entire kingdom, and Ganon's the one who turned into a bloodthirsty asshole and made it world domination. His reasoning in WW seems sound enough, coveting the wind or w/e because he's from the desert and wind there means people dying. But historically, he's a huge dick.
>>
Ok Faggot name Link got his mega ultra father mother grate power piece of tri force and then ... What.
It doesn't help from start and between that and a lot of boss fight and when he gonna die.

So..Who care about tri-force in the game ?
Nobody !

Every one care about cut some grass for 1 rupee, swimming, fishing and running around and not help Zelda until we completed 100% of items and have 999 rupee in the pocket.
>>
>>389338287
>You can do Forest/Fire/Water in any order

No you can't. The bow is a requirement in Water. There's an eye switch off the central pillar that's mandatory. I'm talking about doing one dungeon at a time.
>>
>>389338676
It's just video games bro
>>
>>389338636
Ah gotcha.
>>389338693
Oh right, I forgot about that eye switch. Wait...can't you beat the water temple with +1 key if you don't access 1 room? I think I did that before by accident.
>>
>>389339073
I want to say you're right. Like there's a red herring door somewhere that essentially wastes your key, except it may have a skulltula in it or something.
>>
>>389339073
No I don't believe any of the OoT dungeons are unwinnable by design. Maybe in the Master Quest version.

Except I think you get an extra key than you need int he Gerudo Training Grounds.
>>
>>389339207
Yeah. If that's the case then you CAN beat the water temple with no bow, since the eye switch just drops a chest with a key in it. Alternatively, you can jump just right to get to the highest water level changer from the central tower, if memory serves. But it's a pretty exact trick.
>>
Triforce is just the third eye
>>
>>389339312
That's not what I mean. I mean that there's a locked door that just leads to loot not required to beat the game, like a skulltula or rupees or something. I know there actually IS 1 extra key in the Master Quest Water Temple if you explore everywhere, though.
>>
>>389326705
Courage motivates him to do what every other regular person doesn't.
He spends every moment putting his life on the line for everyone else.
Just because it's not a real power, it doesn't mean he's weak.
>>
>>389339442
Found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOPKRGAoif4
>>
>>389339442
Oh yes there is a skulltula only room. Went into it accidentally on my last Ocarina run.
>>
>>389339327
Interesting!!

>>389339370
The Sheikah basically have the Shining.
>>
>>389330551
TP still wins for me, one of the few things it did right.
>>
>>389327217
That's when it splits yes, but you can also say canonically he won.
>>
>>389326705
You never see anyone else trying to singlehandedly slap ganon's shit or generally do all the unpleasant and dangerous things Link goes through. If you told me to take a slingshot, a wooden plank with a couple straps on it, and a glorified butter knife and go inside a giant tree to kill a bunch of giant spiders my answer would be "fuck no, fuck you, fuck that tree, I'm going back to sleep"
>>
>>389326705
His Triforce gives him superhuman strength and durability
>>
>>389339879
So yeah, with >>389339865 and >>389339748 I think you can beat the water temple with no bow. You can also beat the Ice Temple without the bow and I know this because my usual route through OOT is to get the Biggoron's Sword ASAP, sometimes before the hookshot. It's fun.
>>
>>389340235
Ice Cave*
>>
File: backflip.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
backflip.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
>>389340235
Any side dungeon can be done pretty much whenever you want. You can get Epona as soon as you turn adult and she's all you need to get to Gerudo Fortress. The well is available as soon as you have the Song of Storms and turn back into a kid. Ice Cavern can theoretically be the very first thing you do as an adult.
>>
File: 1448038986641.jpg (893KB, 1062x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1448038986641.jpg
893KB, 1062x1505px
Will we ever have a female Link/selectable gender, or are we forever doomed to wallow in the pits of derivativeness and homogeneity that the timelinefags have forced Nintendo into having mired us?
>>
>>389340518
Yeah, that's what I'm getting at: it's usually my first stop because you need blue fire to free King Zora to get the Eye Frog.
>>
>>389340592
Link was and has always been a male.
Changing his gender would fuck up the timeline.
>>
>>389340592
Not this again.
What's with you people wanting to play as girls in every game? Should we strive for a game were you can make Samus male or Mario female too?
>>
File: 1490354714191.jpg (230KB, 699x992px) Image search: [Google]
1490354714191.jpg
230KB, 699x992px
>>389327663
Link didn't posses the triforce of courage when he pulled out the master sword in aLttP, WW, OoT, and BotW. TP and aLBW are the only games where he had it when pulling out the master sword. I'm pretty sure you just have to be chosen by the sword itself, be blessed by Hylia, or literally by Hylia, explaining why Zelda was able to hold it / speak to it in BotW and WW.
>>
>>389341009

Yes. More options always good.
>>
>>389340637
So, hold on now. If the bow isn't required, at all, in the Water Temple, even without exploits, and everyone knows the sequence of the latter half is interchangeable...

Yeah, OoT is the perfect 3D Zelda game. It does everything right. Metacritic fags and Gamecube kids can suck my huge cock.
>>
File: 1504573949567.jpg (28KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
1504573949567.jpg
28KB, 464x266px
>>389328109
>The Triforce of Courage lets the player LINK to the world to save it.
>>
File: 5d2d7e45ffc12d8f662bca845c5a1e67.jpg (469KB, 1000x1474px) Image search: [Google]
5d2d7e45ffc12d8f662bca845c5a1e67.jpg
469KB, 1000x1474px
>>389340749
>Changing his gender would fuck up the timeline.
Exactly my point. There never was a timeline until some nobody Nintendo intern went on record and accidentally affirmed its existence when confusedly responding to a poorly translated interview question.
Timelinefags went nuts and Nintendo had to run with it to save face.

What I'm asking is, do you think Nintendo will ever disavow that whole bullshit retcon so they can do something interesting with the story for once? For all BotW innovated the gameplay, it's pretty much a bog standard retread of every other Zelda featuring Ganon.

>>389341009
Mario is an established character.
Samus is an established character.
Every Link is different (except for rare cases of direct sequels), and it's therefore possible for one of his incarnations to be different.

That said I wouldn't be against a game where you play as Zelda, or Princess Peach; extant females in those universes as opposed to genderbends, insofar as Nintendo gives them as much effort as mothership Zelda/Mario titles.
>>
>>389341019
The Triforce itself is a physical object that grants its user any wish. ALttP has a literal fairy tale ending because the hero touched it; it even raised the dead. You're probably right about the thing about the markings, though. Zelda also uses actual magic because of the one she has.
>>
>>389341073
More options means more time must be spent so the game can obligate those options. That's less development spent making a good game, and more time spent making sure characters respond to you a different way if you choose female over male.
More options is a bad thing, you just want a waifu/transgender simulator.
>>
File: robin.jpg (56KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
robin.jpg
56KB, 1200x675px
>>389341350
>make a concession
>realize it's still wrong
>forget to correct it
>>
>>389326705
The triforce is more of a symbolic thing.

Zelda's wisdom is the order of the world, disrupted by Ganondorf's power - since power corrupts. Link's courage is the active element that is trying to turn things right again - basically, since Link is the player character.
Courage means picking up a sword and fighting for what is right, which is basically what Link is doing.

I've worded this all better in the past, but I am tired. Sorry.
>>
>>389327431
you don't actually believe this, you just said it to be edgy
>>
>>389341101
Turns out, there are 2 keys that require the Bow and Arrow...but you can skip 2 doors, without exploits.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/62341022
>inb4 gamefaqs
They already did the work for us, under the same stipulations.

So yes, you can beat Water Temple with no bow, no glitches.
>>
>>389341350
Zelda uses magic because she has the blood of Hylia, not because of the Triforce. At best it probably strengthens her magic powers.
>>
>>389327760
Well, botw happened. Didnt see link getting any piece of anything.
>>
Ganondorf never did a single thing wrong
>prove me wrong
you can't
>>
>>389341514
>So yes, you can beat Water Temple with no bow, no glitches.
Yeah, if you know exactly what doors not to go through so you don't fuck yourself and need to go back to get the bow, because that's the intended order.
>>
>>389330651
The Gerudo were just a small band of thieves. Compared to the other races they were more like an organisation than a people. It's only in BotW they've been fleshed out to the point that they could be described as a people. In reality I think they fleshed them out too much and with their own language, alphabet and the distance between them and the rest of Hyrule they'd do better as a neighbouring country than members of Hyrule. They have the largest population after Hylians and if Hyrule's army wasn't decimated would have the 2nd largest army as well
>>
>>389327504
Because those triforce aspects are not their powers, but their roles in the game. If you played with the triforce of power you would probably play a beat em up. If you played with the triforce of wisom it would probably be a grand strategy game or whatever.

Now that I think about it, the first Zelda game that had a playable Ganondorf was Hyrule Warriors, which is basically a subgenre of beat em up.
>>
>>389341319
But the legend has always been a male.
I guess you could take a narrative and have a young girl be Link and no one takes her serious.
It could be a struggle story.
I think that could work.
I mean isn't that part of wanting a female Link?
>>
>>389341629
>In reality I think they fleshed them out too much and with their own language, alphabet and the distance between them and the rest of Hyrule they'd do better as a neighbouring country than members of Hyrule.
The Zoras in BotW frequently refer to "Hyrule" as if it's a kingdom that's separate from them
>>
>>389341629
The gerudos had a decent chunk of lore in OoT. Remember how they had their own king?
>>
File: ganonspeech.jpg (49KB, 849x430px) Image search: [Google]
ganonspeech.jpg
49KB, 849x430px
>>389341625
>we will never get another Ganondorf like Wind Waker

Fuck, every other version of him is just evil for the sake of being evil. WW Ganondorf felt like a broken man who knew what he was doing was evil, but also knew it was necessary. Even the King admitted he and Ganondorf were the same.
>>
>>389341787
The more I think about it, Hyrule seems to have similarities to the Holy Roman Empire in its structure, to some degree atleast.
>>
I mean, it works. He gets the job done.
>>
>>389341625
>poisoned the deku tree
>>
>>389341628
And? The problem was being able to sequence break glitchless. Most of the time you wouldn't do Forest/Fire/Water out of order, but you can for fun if you know what you're doing. Try reading the thread next time.
>>
File: Owlman.png (178KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Owlman.png
178KB, 640x360px
>>389328068
Owlman is one of my favorite DC characters, too bad he's in LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING!
>>
>>389327217
>Taking Zelda timelines seriously
>>
>>389341960
faggot had it coming
>>
File: 2 witches.jpg (264KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2 witches.jpg
264KB, 1280x1280px
>>389341815
True but BotW expanded on damn near everything from that game except the Gerudo Voe and what his status would be.

>>389341880
If you listen to his speech Ganondorf talks about how he coveted the wind not how he wanted it for his people. On top of that he doesn't even mention other Gerudo or their absence
>>
>>389341629
Gerudo being 10 ft tall Amazons in BtW bothers me. In Ocarina they really could pass for desert thieves like in AlttP's backstory but in BotW they could go in and snap the King of Hyrule in half.
>>
>>389342119
BotW's King of Hyrule was a massive dude himself.
BotW Link feels like a manlet.
>>
>>389341319
>For all BotW innovated the gameplay, it's pretty much a bog standard retread of every other Zelda featuring Ganon.

Well, you know, it was originally supposed to celebrate the anniversary and the series as a whole so it checks out.
>>
>>389341815
Exactly. Hyrule invaded them first. But from that point onward, he was a bloodthirsty mongrel bent on global conquest through brute force. Though I suppose having an entire race that serves as your own personal harem will do that to a man.

>>389341628
I'm curious enough to give it a shot. I can always peace out with Farore's Wind if I fuck myself over. It took me nearly ten years to figure out you can use it to warp from dungeon to dungeon.
>>
>>389341880
In what way were Ganondorf's actions "necessary"? What mental gymnasitcs are these?
Yeah, WW-Ganondorf was slightly more elaborated than usually.

Also, what do you mean by "every other version"? There are only three Ganondorf versions total in Zelda: OoT, WW and TP.
WW has the version from OoT being defeated by Link, TP has the version from OoT being imprisoned and banished before being able to do any of the funky shit he pulled. So of course they would be different characters.

I agree that a Zelda villain could have more of a motivation than just villainy, but keep in mind that we are basically playing "Legends", so of course the conflict will be one of good vs evil. Don't expect any Metal Gear tier shit, Zelda does not need it.
>>
>>389341319
They should make a game set after AoL, and start a series of 3-4 linear Zeldas that carry on directly from one another that can break new ground and don't need to worry about timeline bullshit. Introduce some major characters and have them recurring over the 3-4 games, maybe kill a couple of them off. Give people a reason to be invested. Majora's Mask was the best. They could do similarly innovative things because they wouldn't be so limited. I can't wait for Miyamoto to retire so the series can evolve.
>>
>>389342119
BotW is set at least 10,100 years after OoT, and probably more like 20,000 years. Why shouldn't they be a bit different?
>>
I found it interesting that nobody mentions the triforce in botw
You can see it in imagery on the castle and the goddess shrines and a few old ruins but nobody refers to it ever
>>
File: 1484272229624.gif (765KB, 461x412px) Image search: [Google]
1484272229624.gif
765KB, 461x412px
>>389342184
>you can use it to warp from dungeon to dungeon.
wait what?
>>
File: Link_Hylia_Era.jpg (131KB, 497x480px) Image search: [Google]
Link_Hylia_Era.jpg
131KB, 497x480px
>>389327217
>>389329140
>>389339986
the very first Link canonically also lost, that's when the goddess Hylia decided she would have him reincarnated and reincarnate as a human herself in order to be able to help Link directly, which leads to the Link and Zelda in skyward sword. It's in the hyrule historia. Pic related is him, the Link that made a literal goddess fall in love with him.
>>
>>389342272
YUP. Set a warp point in one dungeon, leave, go into any other dungeon, you'll go back to whichever dungeon you set it.

Nothing will ever top this game.
>>
File: pretty lady attacks.png (686KB, 1037x527px) Image search: [Google]
pretty lady attacks.png
686KB, 1037x527px
>>389342119
Think of it like this. In Ocarina they were underfed and struggling to survive in a super harsh wasteland so big muscles and great stature would be very resource inefficient. In BotW, they've made the desert their bitch extracting water from it and having all manner of flora to feast on like Hydro melons and voltfruit. They also trade with Hyrule so they aren't starving. With all this excess they are able to grow taller and more muscular than they could in Ocarina

I don't know how they'd fare against an average Hylian knight but Link is vastly superior to any Gerudo in BotW and if they fought him like the Ocarina or Majora one's did they certainly wouldn't be able to face him 4 times and survive
>>
>>389342206
I'm still glad they reappeared. The desert was my favorite part of Ocarina.

Pirate's Fortress from MM...not so much.
>>
>>389341960
The deku tree was a sadist who forced the Kokiri into their child-like form to fulfill his loli and child slave fantasy. Ganondorf killing the original Deku Tree gave us the WW and BotW Deku Tree who let the Kokiri be themselves as the Koroks.

>inb4 Gorons

The Gorons' diet would've led to Hyrule being drained of its gems, thus bankrupting their economy. Closing the mines would've prevented this and force them to look into more economically friendly alternatives.

>inb4 Zoras

Ruta was a race mixer who would've ended the bloodline trying to satisfy her craving for Hylian cock.
>>
>>389342451
Jesus, did any of that appear smart to you when you typed it out?
>>
>>389341629
I forgot how extreme OoT Dorf's sideburns were. Those and the armor collar kinda makes him look like a medieval fantasy delinquent.
>>
>>389341880
it's a tiny detail but the way the text pauses for a second before he says "coveted" really fleshes him out
>>
>>389342184
>Exactly. Hyrule invaded them first. But from that point onward, he was a bloodthirsty mongrel bent on global conquest through brute force. Though I suppose having an entire race that serves as your own personal harem will do that to a man.

I don't recall any evidence of Hyrule invading anyone. Sounds to me like everyone was fighting everyone and either Hyrule came out top of the pile or they tried for diplomacy. Either which way they negotiated a peace by having everyone swear fealty to the crown and gave all the major races a piece of the key to the sacred realm. The fact Gerudo got notihng suggests they weren't players in that war

In BotW, the Gerudo have made something of themselves and in recognition of that they got a Divine Beast iunlike Ocarina Gerudo who were ignored for the most part until Ganondorf started troublemaking
>>
File: Ganondorf_OoT3D.png (2MB, 1300x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf_OoT3D.png
2MB, 1300x1810px
>>389342608
>>
>>389342680
>Gave a Guardian to the birds instead of the Koroks

Though I guess forest magic does jack against G-Dorf if Ocarina is anything to go by
>>
>>389326705

the triforce of power is what allows him to store heart containers and withstand absurd amount of damage, did you forget how in OOT when he awakened his heart pieces got even stronger when facing ganon?
>>
>>389328968

nigger it's LITERALLY why they named him link and why he is mute
>>
>>389343313
Did you mean Courage?
>>
>>389326705
Huh, a lot of gamers here aren't getting it. I'll even spoiler tag it if you don't want it revealed: The Triforce of Courage lets the user Save and Load. In the Zelda games, saving and loading is Link's power. It breaks the fourth wall a little, but that's one of the reasons the series is cherished as such an epic franchise. They're brave for it.
>>
Uh, no, he's a Master Sword and Mirror Shield guy who still afraid of Wallmasters.
He's a guy who can deflect the magic powers of the king of evil, and a guy who can shoot laser beams if his health is maxed.
>>
>>389341629
I'm getting kind of tired of her Ganondorf apologist shtick. Shit was old a decade ago. How long has it been since she played OoT anyway? Ganondorf is an unrepentant asshole in every line of dialog he has.
>>
File: Ganondorf_by_coelasquid.jpg (309KB, 650x846px) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf_by_coelasquid.jpg
309KB, 650x846px
>>389344214
She hasn't exactly made that many comics about him secretly being a good guy. I think the one I posted was the worst offender. The rest of her comics featuring him seem to be more like him trying to get on with life and Link still bothering him and occasionally Ganondorf plays tricks on Link

Either which way Nintendo just needs to have another voe be born and not have him turn evil or be possessed by it and the Gerudo will be 100% reformed with no question about whether Ganondorf or another tyrant just as bad will come from them the next time a male is born
>>
File: aonuma timeline notes translated.jpg (902KB, 1527x2085px) Image search: [Google]
aonuma timeline notes translated.jpg
902KB, 1527x2085px
>>389329140
Aonuma spotted.
>>
>>389343563
But that's dumb because Link doesn't have it at all times.
>>
>>389344794
You probably thought you were being funny but this is just autistic.
>>
>>389342020
>dude nothing matters lol XD
Why didn't this fag just go home and take a nap then?
>>
>>389326705
Sword and board are for people with taste.
>>
>>389342119
the strange thing is a normal Gerudo gave Link a good fight in Ocarina but then Dorf who is a male Gerudo and is bigger and stronger and probably received the best training they could offer gets matched and even overpowered by Link in multiple instances even when he has the tri force of power. Would Link have crushed the Gerudo voe in an arm wrestling match had he been in BotW because that's how great a physical specimen Link seems to be except when he's Toon
>>
colonel voguein
>>
>>389345517
they could at least have put a bubble on his head or something
>>
File: linku.webm (383KB, 760x454px) Image search: [Google]
linku.webm
383KB, 760x454px
>>389326705
The power of cute is not to be underestimated.
>>
>>389343382
They named him Link because originally Zelda was supposed to be a game spanning from the past to the future, and Link would be the character linking them together.

But yeah, he is voiceless because he is supposed to be a blank slate.
>>
>>389342119
>Gerudo are 10' in BotW
>Ganondorf is canonically 7'6"

>Ganondorf didn't attack Hyrule because MUH WIND
>he did it because he was an angry manlet with issues
>>
File: Deltan's story.jpg (334KB, 591x1997px) Image search: [Google]
Deltan's story.jpg
334KB, 591x1997px
>>389345987
Gerudo are 8 foot. None of the Gerudo seem any taller than Deltan plus Traysi says a gerudo is as tall as a Voltfruit tree which matches with the height of all the Gerudo

Dorf would still be short unless he was reborn
>>
>>389345607
>hey Link, whatcha thinkin bout?
>idk... hero stuff I guess
>>
>>389345607
>adding in an object that's always onscreen and needs transparency/filters/lighting effects to not look like shit
The game runs at like 20fps already, they really probably couldn't.
>>
>>389340592
>Will we ever have a female Link/selectable gender
No and thank God for that. I'd rather Nintendo fall for the retarded "play as Zelda" idea idiots are harping. At least it'd be less dumb than female Link.
>>
>>389347057
everything 3D looks like shit on the N64. they'd just do it with a 2D sprite behind his model.
>>
>>389347236
Zelda spinoff could be pretty cool if she has her own unique playstyle. If she's just a Link reskin then forget it.
>>
File: the day the timeline died.jpg (43KB, 223x222px) Image search: [Google]
the day the timeline died.jpg
43KB, 223x222px
>>389340749
The Timeline has already been fucked.
>>
>>389346215
>pic
is she /OURGAL/?
>>
>>389347461
Not canon.
>b-b-b-b-but miyamoto sa-
No, active sabotage from the creator is also not canon.
>>
>>389347057
framerate caps are an optical illusion. if you're one of those people who gets elitist about fps in games then there's a 90+% chance you have irl brain problems

stop drinking the koolaid, a TV isn't going to love you just because it cost $3000
>>
>>389347598
>Miyamoto

Wrong Japanese.
>>
File: 1503139219696.jpg (180KB, 751x607px) Image search: [Google]
1503139219696.jpg
180KB, 751x607px
>>389326705
It lets him use the Master Sword you mong, which is the only thing that can (in canon anyway) banish the darkness aka Ganon/dorf.
>>
File: (you) award.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
(you) award.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>389347609
here you go, my man. enjoy
>>
>>389343563
>gamers
I seriously hate how this term became normal.
>>
>>389347662
Oh, it was the other hack then? That's even worse.
>>
File: 1496564294527.png (898KB, 939x753px) Image search: [Google]
1496564294527.png
898KB, 939x753px
>>389347782
i was using it satirically
sorry
>>
>>389329571
But how did she get in there? What about the backstory with the brother and shit?
>>
>>
>>389340592
The very first Link was a guy so Link will never be a girl
>>
>>389327734
He wished for power, got power but triforce got broke. He wants more power thus wanting the triforce again
>>
>>389341319
>>389340592
You know Linkle is a joke character right? Her whole story in Hyrule warriors is making fun of people who want female Link
>>
File: Zelda and Lin kas Gerudo.png (557KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda and Lin kas Gerudo.png
557KB, 1080x1080px
>>389348227
Give brown skin and red hair and he'll be a good Gerudo
>>
>>389341591
Link has the triforce if courage before Botw
>>
>>389348349
Can't unsee Ganondorf with blue lipstick now
>>
File: Dina.jpg (1MB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Dina.jpg
1MB, 1280x2160px
>>389348491
Gerudo aren't used to dressing boys so all the voe's outfits will be androgynous and they'll all expose his midriff. Might even wear heels and since lipstick has some significance other than making lips look fuller and suchlike he might wear them as well
>>
>>389327217
>Child Link becomes adult for first time
>Adult Link canonically does side quest that makes him have to go back to child again, just once
>Child Link does whatever he has to do and goes back to Adult again (never becomes child again in an age where Ganon is still around, so this child timeline goes on without a Hero Link, making the bad timeline)
>Adult Link wins and makes the winning timeline
>Goes back to childhood timeline to make WW, etc.
>>
>>389344914
>aonuma becomes lead everything for the Zelda series
>suddenly an "official" timeline comes out that retcons every game aonuma wasn't involved in into the bad end timeline

Really makes you think
>>
>>389326705
OP you could think of his Triforce power as having the ability of being guided by a higher force aka (you)
>>
>>389326705
I think he gets the triforce of courage because he does not actually need it. Courage alone takes link beyond what the wielders of power and wisdom get. I'm sure the triforce it is possible the triforce of courage has capabilities as well, but man, if it did and Link could use it, he'd be the most OP fucker in all existence at which point, why bother playing the game at all?
>>
>>389326882
>But he always wins.
He almost always wins. If he always won, we wouldn't have three timelines (adult success, adult failure and young success), we'd have two.
>>
>>389349951
>falling for the timeline meme
The games were made with no regards to it and later pieced together as an afterthought
>>
>>389350151
that's how most fiction stories are made up
>>
>>389350151
>he games were made with no regards to it and later pieced together as an afterthought

That does not change the fact that it is fucking canon. Nobody comes up with an entire fucking encyclopedia of anything in one sitting. Guess what, when you write a book or come up with the story for a book, you make it up as you go along. You don't magically get a book or series of books formed in an instant.
>>
>>389349951
The timeline split prior to TP makes no sense. What exactly was Ganondorf on trial for, again, since he didn't even get the opportunity to do any evil shit? And then he gets the Triforce of Power right when he needs to because *a wizard did it*?

That game's writing sucked royal ass.
>>
>>389351070
>What exactly was Ganondorf on trial for, again, since he didn't even get the opportunity to do any evil shit?
The sages were in a fully awakened state so either, they punished him for his crimes in his past lives or he did do some unspecified minor evil shit we didn't know about. Remember there's a timeline in OoT where he's tried and probably executed before he even gets to do anything either thanks to link coming back from the future to warn the king about his plans.

I agree it's kind of ass, but sadly, it's not even close to the worst the series has to offer.
>>
>>389351070
>>389351375
Wasn't TP Ganondorf being tried for the crimes he was going to commit based on the word of someone who held a piece of the tri force
>>
>>389351070
>>389351375
>>389351552
Wait, I'm getting confused here. Was the flashback we saw in TP his execution after the events of OoT or was it a reincarnation of OoT's ganondorf we saw? I was under the impression it was the latter, but I don't know, my brain kind of shut down right after ganon showed up in TP.
>>
>>389326705
Why does Snake have to be the lamest one in his game? It's like these people can summon bees and shoot electricity and go invisible and have super strength and all he does is sneak around and shoot a gun.
>>
>>389351617
the former IMO. There's a large period of time between his execution and his release from the Twilight Zone. Obviously it would have been much clearer if he'd been dressed like Ocarina Ganondorf in the execution scene but 2 outfits for Dorf sounds like effort plus they wanted to show of their new design
>>
>>389351070
TP was a huge mistake.
>>
>>389352087
WW was a huge mistake.
>>
>>389351617
There was never more than one Ganondorf. It's the same dude in every game. He could have been on trial for cursing the Deku Tree, in theory, but the game makes it pretty clear he was being executed for being pure evil or something. And being that TP is child timeline, he hadn't even done all the heinous shit in OoT yet. It makes no sense. You can tie all the multiverse/divine intervention crap into it to make sense of it, but in the end, the writing is just really, really bad in TP. Shame because WW has a pretty good story.

>>389352087
>>389352248
OoT is the only good 3D Zelda
>>
>>389353007
And I don't mean to say it's the only 3D Zelda game that's good. It's the only 3D game in the series that's comparable enough in design to the games prior and does it right.
>>
>>389353007
the logic is this guy comes along saying all this stuff about Ganondorf and the princess believes him. They could ignore that but he's got the Tri Force of Courage so he must be telling the truth. If he has a piece of the tri force then clearly it's split so eventually power would wind up with someone and Ganondorf was still the best candidate even then before his plan could be executed.
>>
>>389353258
Hmmm, you know, you're right. I totally forgot about the very last sequence in Ocarina, in the courtyard. TP still has a clusterfuck of a muddled plot, though. The wolf stuff doesn't begin to make sense. And of course there's everything about Zant. You can tell where they were coming from with some of it, but it's just bad.
>>
>>389326705
I always interpret Link's triforce piece as an in-universe unstopable force, the little blonde motherfucker just keeps coming at you like a raging bull and no matter what you throw at him he's not slowing down, that's some scary shit.
>>
File: IMG_3042.jpg (100KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.jpg
100KB, 768x1024px
>>389327431
>tfw you're too intelligent or the triforce of power
>>
>>389327504
Ganon got wisdom and power in Zelda 1, he was left to egt the last piece
>>
>>389354315
Ganon only had Power, the entire game is you're collecting the fragments of Wisdom.
>>
>>389354396
Where was the courage then
>>
>>389326705
>obtain Triforce of Power
>receive OP destruction and transformation magic, get 99 STR

>obtain Triforce of Wisdom
>receive OP healing and transformation magic, get 99 WIS

>obtain Triforce of Courage
>receive OP ____ magic and get 99 ____
???
>>
>>389354628
charisma
>>
>>389354819
>Link
>charisma
HUT
>>
>>389354628
Fish pussy.
>>
>>389354628
Considering all items Link gets
>receive OP sword, shield, bow, arrows, gantlets, boots, boomerangs and many others on top of elemental and physics manipulation magic and get 99 DEX
>>
>>389354934
yet all the women fall for him despite that. It must be some powerful charisma
>>
>>389354997
So the true power of the Triforce of Courage is getting an infinite bag of holding?
>>
>>389354562
it was in ur heart all along :')
>>
>>389355171
And infinite respawns.
His superpower is basically having access to a GameGenie.
>>
>>389355171
That and being able to use any weapon proficiently.
>>
>>389354964
Link canonically rejects the fish pussy in every game, though
>>
>>389354562
In the sequel.
>>
>>389355316
Link doesn't get respawns. In the defeat timeline he got btfo and didn't get back up
>>
>>389355497
How did he reject Mipha?
>>
>BotW comes out
>the music is unanimously shit
>still has people defending 10/10 out the ass

like dude, seriously. come the fuck on
>>
>>389356294
I bet you listen to "epic" music like two steps from hell
>>
>>389356294
>music is unanimously shit
>has people defending
I think you fail to understand what "unanimously" means.
>>
>>389356294
the game has good music but it's barely used . All those songs in the ads were completely absent in game. Way too much ambience
>>
>>389356557
It's just some retard mashing on a keyboard every time some fucking bat comes after you which is like every 10 seconds
>>
>>389351070
The impression I got was that TP Dorf's scheme to steal the Triforce failed, since in the ending of OoT, Link returns the Master Sword and closes the seal again before Ganon can show up. Wether the king believed Link and Zelda or not, Ganon was suddenly shit out of options and decided to just straight up attack the kingdom. As the sages say, he overestimated himself and was defeated.
>>
>>389353007
OoT is garbage than stagnated the series for almost 20 years.
>>
>No Ganondorf game with bulky combat where you learn new spells instead of collecting gay ass items
Fuck that courage shit, power would be way cooler.
>>
>>389357036
kys faggot
>>
>>389356537
At best the music is serviceable. That has been the consensus the whole time. It's a glaring flaw and objective proof the game doesn't deserve 10/10. Paid reviews have been a thing since at least the Gertsmann fiasco with Gamespot, so I don't know why people think it's such a farfetched idea. Just because Nintendo is daddy when it comes to Japanese video games doesn't mean they're above cutthroat business practice--like damn, do you not know what they were like in the '80s and '90s?

>>389356772
All communicated very poorly in-game. I like TP, a lot. Really good dungeons. But look how many 10s that game got. No game in the series since the N64 era comes anywhere near deserving that score. Face it, swag boxes and beyond have completely ruined the institution of video game criticism. We're supposed to have known this for the length of a presidential term by now.
>>
>>389356946
>the last good game is what we should blame for all the games afterwards being bad

fag
>>
>>389357036
the Gerudo have a lot of items in their possession like 2 pairs of gauntlets and the Mirror Sheild not to mentions things heavily associated with them like the stone mask. Ganondorf just didn't need them but if a game were made with him as the protagonist you can bet he'd use them and more besides
>>
>>389357317
indeed. oot is reddit tier shit
>>
>>389357449
you mean too commonly liked so the contrarian factory has to keep shitting itself
>>
>>389337950
>nu uh bitch i got to it first

what an ending
>>
>>389356646
I actually like BotW's "combat" music better than the other "combat" songs in the series.
>>
File: 19419365.png (909KB, 889x1305px) Image search: [Google]
19419365.png
909KB, 889x1305px
>>389357357
>mirror shield
>>
>>389356646
Holy shit you should not be speaking about the quality of music. I bet you think Don Cherry is just random noise too.
>>
>>389358105
It could be fucking Beethoven and the fact that it's just a piano for almost the whole game is enough to dock it
>>
>>389357036
>enter dungeon
>he just smashes through locked doors and ignores the dungeon gimmick
>halfway through he demolishes the central mechanism that controls the water flow or whatnot
>dungeon becomes a huge mess
>beat the boss and exit
>the surrounding area is flooded
>"gee, thanks for clearing out the ancient pump station of evil, but did you really have to destroy it?"
>"it was unavoidable. there were no other options. do not question my methods!"
>>
As a PCfag, BOTW just felt to me like a mish-mash of early access indie games like all the crafting shit and Grow Home that I had played over the years, with nothing that hasn't been seen before.

I can understand that Nintenfags who haven't likewise seen these kind of games before can see it as innovative, but the only thing innovative about it is how much influence a game can take from a multitude of sources. TW3 on the otherhand is an incredibly solid work of art, that takes the concept of open-world to a greater level of atmosphere and depth that nobody had seen before. Previously alot of people tended to the Bethesda games as kings of the immersive open worlds, but then CDPR comes and fucking blows them out of the water.

TW3 has set standards for what open world rpgs should be. BOTW on the otherhand, is just another rung in the Zelda ladder.
>>
>>389358353
I think as the king of thieves he'd just pick every lock no need for keys plus unless it was a boon of having the Tri Force he can fly or at least levitate. No need for keys plus float over obstacles means most of the challenge of a dungeon is gone without any need for him to utilise any force
>>
File: IMG_3045.jpg (1MB, 2850x2543px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3045.jpg
1MB, 2850x2543px
>>389358105
Don cherry is Goat
>>
>>389326705
It's the kind of karmic courage, a force of will necessary to overcome any foe. It's basically plot armour.
>>
>>389328109
>The Triforce of Courage lets the player RINKU to the world to save it.
Why is it that the more post I make per day, the more intrusive my captcha becomes? After a dozen posts or so, I have to solved 5-6 captchas per post, and some captchas are pretty crazy, like those where you have to paint over things instead of just clicking them, or different 3-4 questions per single picture. What the fuck, chink moot?
>>
>>389358668
But BotW is actually thematically appealing.
>>
>>389359150
switch to Lagacy captcha. Just 2-3 words
Thread posts: 271
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.