[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was his use of "memes" the way we know it on the internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Was his use of "memes" the way we know it on the internet or was it the literal dictionary definition of a meme?
>>
both, that was the whole point of the game brainlet.
>>
>>389326681
So much of the shit they were fighting for went over my head and Raiden's pseudo transformation back and forth between being a good-willed person and "Jack The Ripper" made no fucking sense at all.

I just know that Armstrong was a bad guy because despite his good intentions of allowing people to build their dreams, he wouldn't mind the weak being exploited and killed toward achieving their dreams. Such as his army of child cyborg soldiers completely stripped of their bodies and free-will.
>>
File: memechart.png (8KB, 539x197px) Image search: [Google]
memechart.png
8KB, 539x197px
>>389326459
Monsoon is a fucking idiot, memes aren't even as prevalent as they were in the fucking 1800s
>>
>>389326459

they are one and the same you pillock
>>
>>389326459
Memes are a kind of meme, you just see them as funny platitudes
>>
>>389327016
>Trying to make sense of MGR

Anon, I..
>>
File: 1504120307388m.jpg (94KB, 1024x505px) Image search: [Google]
1504120307388m.jpg
94KB, 1024x505px
>>
AND IT WILL COME
>>
>>389327463
It's basically just an outrageous future in the metal gear universe where the military industrial complex has gotten so widespread that a lot of people have access to incredibly powerful weapons and Armstrong wants to break down the current social order and let people use those weapons to enforce their beliefs. Raiden wants to believe he is fighting for justice but the Jack the Ripper stuff suggests he actually just wants to kill for fun. It may also be mostly directed at the player having fun slicing people into bits and eating their spines, and making up a reason to give you another power up to maintain the flow of the game.
>>
>>389327016
Raiden was just falling back on being an edgelord because at that point he stopped believing in anything else. It's like a typical hero story, where there's a fall and then a transformation, and the protag comes out the other side better for it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.