[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it worth 60$? I have a month of free time so I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
is it worth 60$? I have a month of free time so I want to play something good
>>
>>389325493
bump I'm tired of replaying witcher 3
>>
>>389325493
a month? get tekken or something, why would you think a singleplayer game would last a month
>>
>>389325493
Yes, considering the fact that the story requires five complete playthroughs. Thankfully the gameplay is solid enough to last for those five runs.
>>
>>389326047
>five complete playthroughs
>>
File: IMG_1105.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1105.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>389326118
forgot gif
>>
>>389325493
Persona 5 is a pretty long JRPG
>>
>>389326182
I didn't say all five endings involved the same amount of playtime, anon.
>>
I'll probably get it on sale BUT

>>389326292
this guy is right
>>
You can get it cheaper than $60 and it won't last you the whole month.
>>
>>389325493

NieR is pretty gud, Route B kind of sucks but is important story-wise.
>>
>>389326298
You said complete playthroughs, faggot. This means playing through the whole game, which is wrong.
>>
>needs online for best ending

Well fuck you. ME3 had the same shit but you could change a line in the profile.sav.
>>
>>389326392
No, you dumb fuckboy. You instantly jumped to that conclusion because you're stupid enough to assume that every playthrough is going to be exactly the same thing.
>>
>>389325493
You definetely should play it. I would honestly say it's the best game of 2017 And one of the best games ever desu
However, it probably won't take you a month to finish it, so, if you really want to spend a whole month on one game only, maybe try Persona 5.
>>
>>389326440
>doesn't have an internet connection

How are you even posting, anon?
>>
>>389325493
>I want to play something good

Then play the first one.
>>
>>389326449
Are you fucking retarded? Don't say that you need to do 5 complete playthroughs if you mean something else.
Go and actually play the game instead of shitposting.
>>
>>389326449
I’m not that rude anon, but “complete playthrough” implies you need to play through the game... completely
>>
>>389326685
>playthrough a
>playthrough b
>playthrough c
>playthrough d
>playthrough e

Five complete playthroughs; note that they are not the same playthrough repeated five times. I literally cannot make it any simpler than this, anon. Please stop sperging.
>>
>>389326758
You’re just trying to save face now...
>>
>>389326865
Take your ellipses and shove them down your cock hole you little pissant faggot.
>>
>>389326865
Just embrace the fact that you fucked up, faggot.
>>
>>389326758
>using chapter select to get 2 endings counts as 2 complete playthroughs
>>
>>389327004
Imbecile...

>>389327149
It’s okay to admit you’re wrong, friend
>>
>>389326758
c, d, and e are all the same playthrough, after you get C/D you get chapter select specifically so you can go watch E. Confirmed for never playing the game.
>>
>>389327209
Also
>"playthrough" E which is literally 10 minutes long at most
>>
>>389325493
Unless you're a fucking weeb, no.
>>
>>389326292
Seriously. Took me 140 hours for my first playthrough. Normally it's a gross overestimation when you hear an J/RPG is going to take you that long but it absolutely was true for this one.

That said Automata is the better game overall and is especially worth experiencing.
>>
>>389325493
It's good but it won't take you the whole month. Main story is about 25h, 50h with secondaries
>>
>>389325493
It's not worth $60. It's worth maybe $30 if you're into games like this.

The PC version has never had major day one release flaws fixed despite them being fixed in 2 days in a user made patch. This means this game is blacklisted, and you should not buy it on PC unless you are a fucking faggot. Pirate it.
>>
>>389326047
>Thankfully the gameplay is solid enough to last for those five runs.

The gameplay gets boring within one run. Though the characters are some of the best animated, if not the best animated of all time, the movesets are inferior to games like god of war 1 and devil may cry 1. It has the shallowest, weakest combat of any platinum game, but also the best feeling combat.

/v/ largely isnt honest about this games strengths and downfalls. it has a lot of both.
>>
this game needs a legendary dark knight mode, crowd controlling is fun but that only happens like five times in the entire game
>>
>>389329649
DMC1 has 3 moves
>>
>>389329649
>games like god of war 1
God of War is absolute cinematic QTE infested trash and one of the worst in the genre.
>>
>>389329649
>/v/ largely isnt honest about this games strengths and downfalls. it has a lot of both.
It's because it's not really necessary to adress those issues here. If the question is "should I play this game?" people will reply based on personal opinions without dissecting or analyzing them, because it's not really the point in the first place.
>Do you think I should play this game?
>Yes.
If asked why, then say why you like it.
If answer was no and asked why, then say why you don't like it.
I get what you mean, but that's for the times you're having a discussion about the game with someone who played it already.
>>
>>389330579
>It's because it's not really necessary to adress those issues here. If the question is "should I play this game?" people will reply based on personal opinions without dissecting or analyzing them, because it's not really the point in the first place.

meaningless garbage drivel response to hold up some kind of ephemeral non-point

I really wish stupid people would stop replying to my posts because they thought they had something of value to say. Go sit at the back of the room
>>
the game is definitely a worthwhile experience, but the gameplay is rough around the edges. dont expect combat even close to other platinum action games, although it is better than other action jrpgs. its shallow as fuck but at least the animations are fairly satisfying.

it wont last you a month on its own. the complete story is (broadly speaking) THREE routes, the first two being fairly similar and the third being completely new.
>>
Graphics: 10/10 Characters, 4/10 environments
Music: 10/10
Replay value: Based on autism
Controls: 9/10
Gameplay: 8/10

great but honestly worth one playthrough. The combos are like square square square triangle triangle triangle. Thats as complex as it gets. Isn't worth playing through multiple times, I use youtube for that these days.

Side quests are many but largely suck.
>>
>>389325493
Yes, it's the only game that really stuck out to me this year. 2017 has been great in gaming so far and Nier Automata is the pinnicle (imho). Felt good to 100% this game
>>
File: 1_0.jpg (33KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1_0.jpg
33KB, 852x480px
>>389326047
>>389326298
>>389326449
>>389326758
>>389327149
>this knee jerk damage control when called out on his autism
it's disingenuous to say that the game requires five complete playthroughs. but he was incapable of seeing his message from outside his own point of view and screamed at whoever tried to call him out

funniest thing I've seen all day, thanks autist-kun
>>
>>389325493
>Shallow combat that is lacking in combo potential compared to something like Devil May Cry
>Can restore health from a menu that doesn't act in real time
>Empty open world with invisible walls
>MMO tier fetch quests
>Hacking mini """""""""game""""""""
>PS3 tier textures
One of the worst gaming experiences I've had, listen to >>389326292.
>>
>>389331050
getting to ending E is a single playthrough for the purposes of "replayability". if you didnt get to E, you didn't finish the game.
>>
>>389331510
yeah, that doesn't matter to a non-autistic person. bad game design does not excuse the game's format

>hey remember this scenario! now do it from other perpsective!

or i just turn off the game and watch it on youtube. There's a lot of shit you will do because you're young that I won't do because I'm old. In the end this makes me a much more reliable source of good opinions, because only actually exciting things excite me.
>>
>>389330687
Oh, wow, I'm really sorry. It wasn't my intention to provoke you. Unfortunately, there's no way for me to tell who is the one posting, so promising that I won't be replying to your posts in the future would be a lie.
I hope I don't get in your way in the future. Sorry for the inconvinience.
I honestly don't know why it matters if what I said has value or not, or why do you care so much about it, but I won't judge you for that.
>>
>>389331698
stop trying to sound smart on /v/

people don't not address the games flaws because of some complex reason

they dont address the games flaws because they are weebs who love butts

im tired of EVERY SINGLE POST on /v/ HAS TO BE met with some kind of negativistic oppositional response. EVERY POST that I post. EVERY FUCKING POST.

you do NOT HAVE TO POST SOMETHING OPPOSITIONAL JUST TO SEE YOURSELF POST. GO TO ANOTHER BOARD OR SOMETHING.
>>
>>389331874
Calm down autismo, you're as dumb as it gets.
>>
>>389331576
how is watching it on youtube any faster you retard?

if youre unaware, a bunch of shit is completely different. just watching the main story beats misses the entire point.

i suppose you turned off rashamon 10 minutes in because "lol ive already seen this shit"
>>
>>389331495
the gameplay is pretty shit, but its still better than most other "action" rpgs. just having a launcher and dodge button already make it more interactive than most.

the real draw is the story and aesthetic. if you wanted a gameplay centric arcade experience you should have known it wasnt for you as soon as it was announced.
>>
>>389331874
>literal reddit post
>>
>>389331874
Fuck off back to wherever you came from then.
>>
>>389325493
this game was short as fuck.
It took me like 8 hours to beat and the story didn't make any sense.
Returned to store, worst purchase I ever made.
>>
>>389331874
then there's this absolute retard. fuck off, trash
>>
>>389331874
But I wasn't trying to do anything that you mentioned, I swear. You said that you hated my reply, and I just apologized for it.
Cheer up, Anon. Maybe you're right, and people should adress the game's flaws more often on this board. Still, my intention wasn't to be opositional. You yourself said this:
>meaningless garbage drivel response to hold up some kind of ephemeral non-point
So why taking it as a negativistic response, when it can be diminished to that in the first place.
Sorry if it sounded like a negativistic oppositional response. It wasn't my intention.
>>
>>389331160
This, it's not a perfect game, there is nothing better for me in 2017.
>>
>>389332164
(You)
>>
>>389331874
>don't not
Nani?
>>
>>389332164

this is some good bait

i mean it's 100% true but the game is still good like 7/10 or so
>>
>>389332164
If you're serious, then you probably didn't play the whole game. Once you finish it the first time, you load your save file and start playing the next part. You have to do it three times or so.
>>
File: 1470450580318.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470450580318.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
>>389325493
>Month of free time
Get MGS5
>>
>>389325493
If you commit to all 5 "endings" it's definitely worth it. Calling it quits early would be a waste. Don't even think of them as endings, they're more like chapters.
>>
File: 1492166572743.jpg (51KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492166572743.jpg
51KB, 300x400px
>>389325493
Very difficult question to answer. It's not a conventional game in any way, and by far the most standout thing about it is the story, so if the story captures you, you're golden, if it doesn't, the game will probably be a somewhat mediocre experience, because while the gameplay is serviceable (10/10 controls and responsiveness), it doesn't have much depth nor is it really challenging, it's also very easy to make yourself broken OP just by using almost any defensive/offensive chips at all.

The game itself probably wont last a whole month, but it took me about 2 months to really get over it even if I wasn't playing it anymore. I was addicted to discussions about the game and was constantly listening to the OST. Just one of those amazing works of art that took over my life for a little while. In fact the only reason I came in this thread is because Youtube suggested a Nier Automata song to me and I got in that somber nostalgic mood again, I'm otherwise tired of Nier threads because they usually turn to shitposting fiestas.

So while I can say it's one of my favorite games ever, there is no way I can guarantee it wont be a bland disappointment to you. People have extremely differing opinions on the game and it's impossible to know what you will think of it unless you just go ahead and try it.

Oh and if you do try it out, please just avoid spoilers for the game completely. Don't look anything up and don't even enter a single NieR thread until you've beaten it. It will make the experience all the greater.
>>
>>389325493
60? Where?
>>
>>389329598
Works awesome in my Pc, i even have graphix mods.
>>
>>389334006
Yeah, the game was pretty short to complete but long enough to plat it. I spent around 25 days (2-3h/day) to plat it without "buying" any trophy at hard.
For some people, the game is just mediocre at best (my friend doesn't like it), however I was very addicted to too and still listening to its music up to now, my sister is the same as me
>>
File: IMG_0154.jpg (30KB, 442x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
30KB, 442x333px
>>389326047
>Thankfully the gameplay is solid enough to last for those five runs.
It's not even solid enough to last half the first playthrough.
But I guess if you played he original Nier, anything's an improvement.
>>
toobies skirt unironically mesmerizes me

people who self destruct to remove it are trash
>>
>>389334050
steam
>>
I wish there were a mod that let you custom enemies' level. It gets really easy late game.
Also OP, don't use Shockwave, should make the game more fun.
>>
>>389325493
i'm not even into anime and i loved it
combat i great and game itself has fun atmosphere
>>
>>389336507
>I wish there were a mod that let you custom enemies' level.
just delevel yourself with cheat engine
>>
>>389325493
I bought Automata at lauch for 60€ and even if I think the game is alright, it is certainly not worth that price
Gameplay is repetitive as fuck and I'm not talking about consecutive playthrough to get differents endings, but the constant backtracking between the same three or four areas and combat that is broken as fuck (holding the pod shooting button all time and you can defeat pretty much everything in the game, you don't need to learn combos or shit)
If you find it at less than 30€ then you might get it because it's a fun experience that should be played, but paying full price for B-tier games which is what Platinium is specialized into is retarded
However if you are interested in Automata it means you are on the weeb spectrum, then consider P5, this is actually worth the money
>>
>>389325493
>is it worth 60$?
The fact that its been out for several months means its worth less in many markets
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.