[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

REVIEW THE LAST GAME YOU PLAYED, MAGGOT IF YOU GIVE IT MORE THAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 104087541673.png (120KB, 300x268px) Image search: [Google]
104087541673.png
120KB, 300x268px
REVIEW THE LAST GAME YOU PLAYED, MAGGOT
IF YOU GIVE IT MORE THAN 5 OUTTA 10 YOU DAMN WELL BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANAITION FOR YOURSELF
>>
>>389325173
Rise of the Tomb Raider. 8/10. I liked it. The gameplay was satisfying and you had many ways to approach fights. I also liked the way they handled progression. They had open world like areas. Like open hubs with side quests, hunts, tombs and dungeons. It wasn't too big either like Ubisoft games. It switched between that and more linear like areas. The story was okay and kept engaged. A good mystery thriller. It also didn't fall into the typical sjw of having a stronge indupendunt womyn. Never brought up and it's all about just the mystery. All in all a good time.
>>
>>389325173
disc jam - 10/10 - its perfect
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>389325173
Sonic 2
>annoying to collect all the emeralds even with savestates
>super sonic is fun
>zones vary greatly in quality
not bad, not great, 7/10
>>
>>389325173
Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock

It has everything I could have hoped for, have wanted, and wished from a strategic BSG game. AND it plays during the first Cylon war. The fact that this is the first good BSG game to ever exist is mind boggling - it's not that hard to make a good space combat game, and even less hard to make a good space combat strategy game...
>>
Bloodborne

Great art direction, fluid gameplay, satisfying combat, great bosses, and a nice soundtrack
>>
To the moon. 5/10 hits pretty close. Yeah, it was emotional and all but the protagonist duo was horribly written and the story was not that fucking great. I could watch The Notebook again and have a similar experience. Jesus, why are the standards for vidya stories so low?
>>
File: UOmawVa.jpg (38KB, 400x654px) Image search: [Google]
UOmawVa.jpg
38KB, 400x654px
Puyo Puyo Tetris is a 9/10 because story is fucking amazing and the multitude game modes keep you busy forever. Unrelated, it is really fun to watch competitive matches for it
>>
>>389325173
Comedy Night
69/10
reason: ground beef
>>
old school runescape

woodcutting is fun

11/10
>>
>>389329131
Playing a magic user in OSRS is still one of my most favoritest experiences ever to do in all of my does in vidya games.
>>
File: Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png (1MB, 902x800px) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png
1MB, 902x800px
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was the last game i played. I raet it a 9/10 because it was fun!
And if it's not fun, why bother??????????
>>
>STEINS;GATE 0
SIR IT'S STILL HAS CUTE STUFF AND I LIKE HOW THEY GAVE OKABE THAT FUCKING MGS FACE OF A FUCKING BROKEN MAN SIR

SIR I'M AFRAID MAYURI MIGHT DIE ;-; SIR

I'LL GIVE IT A 7/10 JUST FOR MAHO SIR,
>>
File: 1451712129505.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451712129505.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>389325173
7 days to die.

1/10.

It has no redeeming quality.

My friend wanted to play it, and I just suffered through it, getting 2 stone per pick strike for no real reason, because somehow the soft rotten flesh of zombies manages to fuck up concrete. Just absolute shit.
>>
>>389325173
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, 9/10
I had huge expectations for this game and it still blew me away. The music is godsend, the gameplay beats xcom by far, the art direction is beautifull and the bosses all feel unique. The one thing I dislike most about this game is that you cannot change mario from your team, plus other small things that keep it from being a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>389327259
Was going to post this.

I give it a 3 Umbilical cords out of 10
>>
>>389325173
>Finished game
Atelier Rorona Plus, 4/10. Cute game with cute girls. Combat is not that fun, but it is not the focus of the game. Has UI and organization problems, often times I would have to take my own notes so I would not be constantly switching menus or walking around town. Some parts of the in-game clock seem like nonsense, like a few days passing from going between areas in dungeons that would probably only take an hour or two realistically.

>Currently playing and haven't finished yet
Yakuza Kiwami, 6/10. The story and characters are intriguing so far and the amount of content is staggering, but the amount of side stories that happen out of nowhere alongside the repetitive combat ruin the pacing of the game. It has been 2-3 hours since I have done any of the story (first boss), and it is becoming really annoying. However, I have no reason NOT to do the side stories, especially considering that Kiryu gains experience points. Also, hard mode is too easy.
>>
>Titanfall 2
>Great singleplayer gameplay with good level design and gimmicks on each mission that don't outstay their welcome
>Fun story and characters
>Shitty plot
>Multiplayer is the best in the "enhanced movement" business
>Super satisfying to use weapons
>Titans are a lot of fun
>Shitty balance that Respawn takes months to do anything about
>All maps/modes/weapons/titans are free and the only microtransactions are cosmetic and there's no lootcrates
>Most of the Maps have been remakes from the first game or given for their own multiplayer mode
>Frontier Defense is alot of fun, evsn as a guy who doesn't really play horde mode in game much
>Great aesthetic
Unironically 8-9/10 one of the best shooters to come out probably since Halo went to shit.
>>
File: torchlight2.png (494KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
torchlight2.png
494KB, 1440x900px
FIVE OUT OF TEN, SIR
I WISH I WAS PLAYING DIABLO 2
SIR
>>
>>389325173
crusader kings 2
7/10
FUCK YOU PARAGON I AINT BUYING MORE DLCS TO MAKE IT 9/10
>>
>>389325173
For Honor
Looks great, combat system is unique, but the gameplay can be fucking awful sometimes. They thought for whatever reason there needs to be a ledge or spike pit, or other insta-death area every ten feet, and pretty much all the DLC characters are overpowered as fuck, matchmaking is broken, and the community is cancerous as fuck.

Overall, 4, maybe 5/10
>>
>>389325173
last game i played was fatal frame 3. you impossibly stupid and ugly faggots have no clue how much i love this series. 10/10
>>
>>389325173
XCOM 2 WotC- Runs less like shit, New Hero classes are cool but their factions are underused in the story, Chosen won't shut the fuck up, strategic layer is a clusterfuck and needs to get killed with fire and rebuilt for XCOM 3, got what I expected/ wanted from an XCOM expansion. SPARKS need some buffs, liked the new sequel bait scenes they added to the Terror in the Deep remake teaser ending. 9/10 It was a good way to hold me off until Utawarerumono 3 comes the fuck out finally.
>>
Warcraft 3: the frozen throne 8.5/10

Rts (best type of game) with huge variety of strats, even competitively. Unique playstyles are actually a thing, and there's four distinct races to choose from (many Rts games claim more, but their differences between armies are not as distinct, IE age of empires, red alert 2 which is also good). Better in core concept than even it's 'successor' starcraft 2 (starcraft 2 is all about gold control and making more effective use of resources, warcraft 3 has this but the heroes you build to lead your army will grow in power depending on how many units it's killed, making losing an army to your opponent not only a huge money waste but a snowball effect for their heroes). Wc3's age does detract in some regards where starcraft 2 has improved upon them (melee troops will better surround in sc, whereas wc3's will get caught against each other even in moving around the map). Once you've played with the custom games (some offered through the battle net client [online play] itself) you'll see the potential it'd have had if they'd offered more expansions (from what I've read they intended it to be WOW and to run on its engine, which should imply the amount of custom content available to modders). I have been playing couple hours at a time for months now and have played off and on since early teens, and I have not found a slow to the pace I am finding out new things about this game. Rated an 8.5 based on excellent game play and variety but detracted from perfect for its lost potential and the improvements more modern iterations have shown.
>>
>>389329330
At ease
>>
Persona 5

Visual Novel aspect was great. The characters and world were very gripping and fun even though the overarching story falls short of great right at the finish line. The gameplay gets repetitive and later dungeons just get blasted through in an in game day due to the formula for exploring dungeons barely changing at all. The actual battles are decent but for the majority of the game you just have to find the enemy weakness, exploit it, then win. Repeat this for 70 hours and it gets stale. Especially when you are fighting the same group of enemies for a couple of hours in a dungeon. The battle system really only gets interesting with the end game enemies and Bosses, who force you to use items, buffs, and statuses to be truly effective in battle. Sadly that only lasts for the last 10 hours of the game, maybe less. Bosses are fun and varied with some cool mechanics which get completely overshadowed by the game hand holding you through all of the boss gimmicks, essentially telling you exactly how to win against them. This is extremely frustrating because the few times it doesn't handheld you through the gimmick, it's always some instakill attack and restarting a recalling long half an hour boss battle just to get another attempt at dodging that attack is lame. Overall I'd give it a 7.5/10 the visual novel aspects are so well done that they honestly carry most of the game and bring that score up a lot. Would reccommend to anyone who wants a game to fill a couple leisurely weeks of their life with a game.
>>
>>389325173
Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?
>>
File: blackwake.jpg (131KB, 680x370px) Image search: [Google]
blackwake.jpg
131KB, 680x370px
>>389325173
Blackwake

8/10 would recommend if on sale-- it's a pirate combat game where you can play as British Navy sailors or Caribbean pirates; you can be a ship captain or be part of the crew, captaining a ship is extremely fun, there's a bunch of different crazy weapons you can use, and there's a lot of strategy and fast paced action.

All the guns are 1700s guns which take about 10-20 seconds to reload inbetween shots, and the game as a whole is surprisingly realistic (except when it comes to sailing), but makes sacrifices in the realism department when it comes to fun. The long reload on guns means that you fire your primary gun, fire your secondary gun, then rush into intense melee combat.

You can ram enemy ships and board them, you can unleash cannon broadsides, or get into intense grapple fights. The basic game mode is Ship Team Deathmatch (each side has three ships with 13/7/7 players each), but there are also Capture the Booty (single treasure "flag" in the centre island your ships must capture) and Treasure Trade (two islands, two booties).

Pretty much no other game on the market does the same thing as Blackwake right now, although some clones are coming out. It's a unique and fun experience, the only thing holding it back 2 points from a 10/10 is that the melee combat system is still really basic and the game overall lacks polish. But the core gameplay loop is amazing, as is roleplaying as Captain Jack Sparrow or Nigel Thornberry with your crew.
>>
>>389325173
Super Cloudbuilt deserves 8/10. It's not groundbreaking, but it does 3D speed-focused platforming like no other game does, fast and precise. Unlike original, now you have complete controll of your wallrun, that alone deserves a praise. Soundtrack is very good, makes me want to go for a run everytime I hear it, excelent for a game focused on speedrunning, last stage track is one of those that when you hear it, you know it will be hard, long and satisfying. Graphics, while nothing special, are stylized and I would say good enough for $20 indie game, most of those are 2D pixel art, while this one uses outlines and strokes to create a dream-like world, they can be turned off if thats not your thing. The most important part - the gameplay - is obviously the best part of Super Cloudbuilt. Game uses stage structure with increasingly difficult levels that focus on getting from start to finish as fast as possible.
What drags the game down are enemies. While there are stages without them, they are way too easy, not because there are no enemies, but because platforming challenges are rather simple. The biggest problems with enemies is that they push you out of your wallruns and jumps, so as a result you are either forced to stop to deal with them or learn their pattern, some of which are rather random.
Overall, this game is not for everybody, but it focuses on one rhing and does it almost right without fat and bloat, wuth plenty of content, and I didnt unlock all of it after 25 hours of play. Go fucking buy it, it barely sold 2k copies on PC.
>>
>>389325173
Fire Emblem for GBA, sir. 8 out of ten, it would be higher if paladins weren't so fucking OP and making game a breeze.
>>
>>389332183
This is one of the 4 primaries including a musket, mortar, and blunderbuss
There are 5 secondaries
There are 6 melees right now: the Cutlass, Rapier, Broken Bottle, Boarding Spear, Naval Axe, and Dagger

The ships include a 13-crew Galleon, 7-crew Hoy, 8-crew Schooner, and 7-crew Junk.

They're adding new weapons, ships, cosmetics and game modes all the time, and they've promised that they will never charge microtransactions for content
>>
>>389325173
7/10
i completely hated the game mechancs at first but then they grew on me
shame the later half of it was too easy because i already had some very powerful items, i feel like they should have balanced that better.
Istarted ng+ right after finishing and spent a couple hours replaying the first level trying to get a perfect run wich is the kind of shit that gets me addicted
>>
Escape from tarkov

You win gunfights based on two things, map knowledge (good) and how good your gear is (bad)

4/10
>>
>>389325173
Escape from Tarkov

8/10

Probably the best gunplay I've ever had the joy of playing in a game. Even though the gun variety at the moment isn't as high as most of the Battlefield titles or anything, the guns they do have are insanely detailed and there is a physicality to them that simply has not been matched by any other game.

This goes for a lot of the avatar as well. You become uniquely aware of their presence and interaction with the game world with every step, and the collisions and interactions with the environment really immerse you in the game world.

The maps are large enough for good tactical firefights, and it's appropriately unforgiving in how fast you can kill and be killed.

It's early access state means there is still a lot of content to be added, but the core gameplay that you can currently experience shows a lot of promise.

Some aspects aren't realistic, namely medical items can heal you too fast, and too completely, and you can reload magazines too quickly using loose bullets. There are some other minor issues that break it away from reality, but hopefully these can be patched out during development, and avoid the risk and temptation of giving in to being gamey and adding systems that'll destroy that realistic quality to it.

But this is the first game I think I've ever played that might compare to ARMA 3 with mods as far as realistic tactical combat simulation can go, but it's more of a hope dependent on the devs deciding to dedicate their game to simulation of combat and mechanics, instead of giving in to cheap and easy classical game logic to cave in and appeal to the COD types.
>>
>>389325173
War of the Chosen
>why did they just pull the designs right out of Destiny?
>why did I enable the modifier for extra health?
>Why am I playing this after I just got burned out on Xcom a week earlier?

Maybe if I didn't just spend time on another run through Xcom 2 I could put up with all of this but I'm burnt out on turn based combat, it might be fine otherwise/10
>>
Prey

Its my GOTY
Superbly designed map space station, lots of freedom to move around and solve the problems that arise.
Best game begging ever, imo. The moment the plot twists and you start getting what's going on, it magical.
Nice story, lots of lore to discover (if you're willing)
Pretty good story, with shades of grey. The ending was a bit underwhelming though, even though the final twist was pretty good.
The gameplay might feel strange and lame if you go in expecting a fps. It isnt. It feels like System Shock, and plays like it.
You have a tool for every situation. Use the right tool, or it will barely work.
Lots of perks to choose from, human and typhoon included. That means multiple builds anf playstyles
Different endings and choices.
9/10
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.