[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Back in 1986, all game designers working for Konami were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: box.jpg (129KB, 511x700px) Image search: [Google]
box.jpg
129KB, 511x700px
>Back in 1986, all game designers working for Konami were forbidden to attach their actual name to any project. Instead, they were required to create a fake name to be listed in the game’s credits. This was to prevent them from asking for raises, and keep rival companies from stealing their talent.

Are you FUCKING kidding me?
>>
Videogame industry was cutthroat, anon. In japan, it's still cutthroat
>>
>>389325101
Platinum seems pretty chill.
>>
look up what you had to do to see the credits list in adventure on the 2600, OP, you'll shit yourself
>>
That was standard practice in Japan at time, it happens in credits of some Nintendo and Sega games too.
>>
>>389325341
Platinum is also a non standard industry. The same goes with vanillaware.

It's played straight with a lot of other companies. From NIS to From.
>>
the 80s were a completely different time, dude. Development practices that would be considered hideous today were completely okay back then, the way companies safeguarded their technology, etc.

Mostly these were in place because it was actually possible for a handful of people to go off on their own and actually make a "AAA" game because you didn't require the manpower you do these days.
>>
>>389325428
On game two or three, go to the maze in the Black Castle. One screen left of the first maze screen will flicker if you carry an object in there meaning one thing, there's ANOTHER object in there. At the bottom center of this room is a closed off cubicle, use the bridge to get in there and you should pick up a ''dot''. Carry this to the screen just above the catacombs (one screen down and to the right of the Gold Castle) and be careful not to lose it as it's the same color as the outside ground. Drop it there and bring two other items onto the screen, run right through the line on the right side of the screen and witness the first ever Easter Egg.
>>
>>389325609
all because atari would not let the people who wrote the game get any credit for it
>>
>>389325609
Adventure was probably the most influential and impactful video game ever created

Wish I played it
>>
>>389325774
http://www.virtualatari.org/soft.php?soft=Adventure
>>
>>389325036
In America? I have no idea what the credits say in Japanese. I just know the American CV1 credits name all the designers after horror movie icons that inspired the game.
>>
>>389325036
None of that makes any sense though.
Their paychecks are still signed with their real name and pen names have always been a thing that exist
>>
>>389325662
And that police led to the birth of Activision.
>>
>>389325994
policy*
>>
>>389325036
>implying that Christopher Bee isn't the best vidya developer of the NES era
>>
>>389325881
This has fucking native DS4 support in windows

I don't even have DS4tool open, what the fuck
>>
>>389325036
Capcom did that too. The craziest name I can think of at the moment is Yuukichan's Papa (Yoshihiro Sakaguchi).
>>
>>389326175
I miss dooku.net so fucking much
>>
>>389326176
holy shit you're right

i didn't even think to try the controller
>>
>>389326423
Only reason I did is because my right arrow key is borked out. I was about to make a verbally ironic post about it being shit for not having gamepad support because it's laying right there then WHOA
>>
>>389326506
man i'ma play some river raid now
>>
>>389326572
>start gametype 2
>see pike
>bat swoops down and takes south offscreen
>go south and it's there now

That is cool as FUCK. Zelda games did stuff kinda like this but it loses so much of its luster when it doesn't happen in realtime. Super Metroid came a lot closer to getting it right.
>>
>>389325036
The japanese are a despicable people, the depths of their cruelty and inhumanity knows no limits.
>>
File: 1466033332984.png (46KB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1466033332984.png
46KB, 2560x2560px
>tfw beating Mega Man 2 didn't tell you who did the Dr. Wiley music while you always get the names of today's generic stringshit composers
>>
>dragon starts chasing me
>get eaten
>failstate is being confined to the collision of dragon's stomach and having to restart your game

best fucking game ever
>>
>>389325101

>Videogame industry was cutthroat, anon. In japan, it's still cutthroat

MUH JAPAN

It was Atari the one who started the shit of slavery on devs, when they didnt even let them put any name on the games they made. Compared to that, this is a pretty good deal.
>>
>>389327029
This tbqh look at what they did to Koreans, Chinese, Portuguese, and anyone that didn't practice their religion. They're still ass backwards today and not in good ways either.
>>
>get my coworker to use my name
>use theirs

Neither of us used our real name. Fuck you Konami.
>>
>>389327137
Yeah I'm sure a predominantly Buddhist nation is a bunch of bloodthirsty warmongers nowadays

Nobody fucking practices Shinto anymore, it's just their holidays
>>
>thinking it was just konami

every fucking company did this
>>
>>389325036
>Just now finding out how fucked up Konami is

This is just the tip of the ice berg.
>>
So, what, Atari successfully lobbied international copyright law that would go on to infringe on the rights of programmers to take credit for their own work individually, all over the world?

Sounds like a corporate America thing alright
>>
>>389327029

>>389327335

get fucked faggot
>>
>>389325609
Didn't Atari get really fucking mad when you tried to credit yourself in a game?
>>
>>389327169
>American print uses film star and movie monster references, i.e. not even real people's names

Good afternoon my good man
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.