[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they stick with the story of a killer after them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Why didn't they stick with the story of a killer after them where you're trying to survive the night? Why just make it an episode of Supernatural? Having a killer after you was a much better story.
>>
I want to complain about the story, somebody come here.
>>
>>389318656
I agree.
>>
Nah Fuck off...wendigos are underused in vidya,the more the merrier
>>
>>389318656
I agree.
>>
>>389319679
>There's a killer after us!
>It was just a prank, bro!
>There's now a Wendigo to fight
>>
>>389318656
The plot twist honestly disappointed me, I wanted the killer thing much more. I played it on day one and back then it was still being promoted as "Good honor to 80s slaher movies"

fuck this shit man. Still a nice game though
>>
>>389318656
agreed.

would of been much better if it stayed away from supernatural rubbish
>>
>>389320341
The wendigo was hinted at from the very beginning if you bothered to pay attention.
>>
>>389320772
That doesn't make it any less retarded.
>>
>>389320812
nah it adds to the fact how much hannah suffered just from one silly prank. reading the book showing how hannah ate beth and is now a monster makes you feel awful and makes the characters feel like shit. i like it.
>>
I thought it was actually a good bit of misdirection. It certainly created a longer narrative as I think the slasher-killer plot would have gotten a bit stale past the 4 hour mark.
>>
>>389321212
I'm not saying that some parts weren't good, but the entire story suffered severely once the Wendigo was actually revealed.

>>389321337
By that time, I expected those to be alive to come together and have to make decisions on how to either fight the killer or find a way off the mountain.
>>
>>389318656
Josh's arch and conclusion is way more interesting than just overcoming/succumbing to a killer. Dragging on "oh no a killer is after us!" for the whole game would have gotten old. The "twist" and switched kept the story interesting.
>>
>>389320341
Alternatively:
>>
>>389318656
fuck off, I loved the wendigos
>>
>>389321639
Sure, but the Wendigo is Karma in a physical body.
>>
I beat this the other day. I really fucking loved it.
>>
Do you think that Until Dawn and other "narrative central" games stretch the definition of what a game is? Does the linear nature of these games affect the level of enjoyment you feel?
>>
The wendigos were shit, but I didn't spend $20 on a game as short as the killer reveal.
I liked how the story progressed, the character growth, the interactivity and the cinematography.
Really the Wendigos were the only thing that deviated from the vibe that the rest of the game set up.

Telltale and David Cage got BTFO hard.
>>
File: 1382758944742.jpg (67KB, 407x482px) Image search: [Google]
1382758944742.jpg
67KB, 407x482px
>avoid obvious trap
>character evades it, gets caught in another one and dies
Decent movie but muh cinematic 24fps let it down a lot
>>
>>389318656
I never actually played this game, I simply watched someone else do it. The "serial killer" at the beginning half was a reasonably neato homage or the older slasher movies, though. I didn't like it when it went all Saw on the dude, though.
>>
There needs to be more games like this. Preferably horror games like this. Until Dawn worked very well with being a cinematic narrative game, with QTEs.
I enjoyed these QTEs because nearly all of them actually mattered, and if you fucked up, could result in death, and the deaths are obviously permanent.
>>
>>389323253
Did you ever play Heavy Rain? It had its issues but it also had permadeath if you fucked things up. I got my FBI guy crushed in a car compactor and I had to put the game down for half an hour because I was too shook.
>>
>>389323408
I have always considered Heavy Rain, but something about it always turned me off. Maybe that it was too grim and dark with its setting. Idk what it was. I really like Until Dawns group of young adults fucking around. Maybe just because it is more relatable.
>>
>>389323408
Heavy Rain was shit though.
>>
File: 1265450632170.jpg (48KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
1265450632170.jpg
48KB, 309x450px
>>389323532
Heavy Rain was too serious for its own good, everything's so grim and dark that it wraps around on itself and becomes this ridiculous spectacle that's impossible to take seriously. The big plot twist is terribly executed too but until that point it's pretty gud. It's worth trying out.
>>
>>389323408
If I hadn't been spoiled about the killers identity I would play it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.