[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>design a class based game >design characters that don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: overshit.jpg (99KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
overshit.jpg
99KB, 600x315px
>design a class based game
>design characters that don't properly fill any role

>design a character that does lots of damage, good survivability but doesn't fill any role properly
>buff said characters damage/survivability some more because it doesn't see play in high level matches instead of designing it to fill a niche.
>You now have a character thats broken in any form of casual play or matches without premade teams and it still doesn't see play in high level matches.

>Give the characters with the most well rounded move set an even more well rounded ult that doesn't take any coordination to use and can be highly effective in matches with random players.

>Give characters with the least versatile move set an even less versatile ult that can only be used with highly coordinated teams.

>blame the players for playing characters "wrong"

lol
>>
Deserves discussion
>>
BattleBorn is more balanced.
The one of only problems is mixing Eldrid with LLC in a team.
Every character is balanced and can be made more useful or even change roles with the right gear.
>>
>>389307721
Yeah you can make a real big pile of shit with many little shits stacked together
>>
>>389307948
Could you elaborate anon?
>All of Battleborn's characters are more balanced and versatile than any of the Overwatch Characters.
You cannot refute this.
If you take any two characters and compare them, even without the helix upgrades. The Battleborn characters come out on top.
>>
File: 1403489190553.jpg (15KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1403489190553.jpg
15KB, 420x420px
>>389307721
thanks battleborn dev!

mfw overwatch is more fun
>>
Overwatch's biggest issue is feeling like the devs dont play their own game at all

Genji is in every single game and mei and bastion are useless. Does any of those heroes get balance changes? No

Some characters are significantly harder to play than others and the harder to play characters are weaker overall than the easy characters so not even pros play them, so every game is the same heroes getting played over and over

Does it feel good playing a harder to play hero that dies to Soldier's spraying in your general direction, a winston jumping on you and holding M1, or a genji just rolling his face over his keyboard and getting a free team kill? Not really
>>
Play Paladins
>>
>>389309805
>playing overwatch for poor people
>>
>>389308753
I always laugh when people say Mei is useless
Meanwhile I defend points by myself and win games
>>
Keep Overwatch off /v/. Shill.
>>
>Pendles and Deande are better stealth characters than Sombra.
>Doomfist is braindead compared to Attikus and El Dragon.
>Ghalt is better shotgunner than Roadhog and Reaper.
>Mike And Foxtrot are the Fox and Falco of Battleborn, Way Better than 76.
>Rezbabby Mchealslut, Grannny, Pootism ain't got nothing on Kleese, Reyna and Beatrix, Zenyatta is cool tho.
>Actual Selection of melee characters.
>Tanks that can actually do their jobs.
Blizzdrones defend yourselves.
>>
>>389306849
>design a class based game
Yes.
>design characters that don't properly fill any role
Most are pretty clear cut, unless you're braindead. Mercy's a little better at healing than she is dealing dps.
>design a character that does lots of damage, good survivability but doesn't fill any role properly
Who are you even talking about? If they deal lots of damage - they fill a damage dealing role.
>buff said characters damage/survivability some more because it doesn't see play in high level matches instead of designing it to fill a niche.
I'm tempted to say roadhog, but his damage was decreased. Shame you're not using him as an example, that'd be a legit criticism.
>You now have a character thats broken in any form of casual play or matches without premade teams and it still doesn't see play in high level matches.
This character doesn't exist.
>Give the characters with the most well rounded move set an even more well rounded ult that doesn't take any coordination to use and can be highly effective in matches with random players.
...? What are you babbling on about? Be specific.
>Give characters with the least versatile move set an even less versatile ult that can only be used with highly coordinated teams.
...Mercy? Her new ult is exceptionally versatile.
>blame the players for playing characters "wrong"
They blamed themselves for designing characters that were abused in a specific way. However, I think they made a big error here.

Try to deliver proper criticism anon, and you'll be more likely to change minds/have your mind changed. Be concise.
>>
File: 1427038839102.gif (4MB, 270x263px) Image search: [Google]
1427038839102.gif
4MB, 270x263px
>>389306849

>Design class based game around switching constantly
>Enforce a meta of 2-2-2
>>
Finally a thread that talks about the game. You hear that overcuck fans? We are about to rape your precious game with our cold hard facts.
>>
File: ewdfjhsanedfglk.png (780KB, 1374x981px) Image search: [Google]
ewdfjhsanedfglk.png
780KB, 1374x981px
>>389310235
Arguments usually can't be won by comparing popularity, but when you have sub 100 players actively playing after pouring 55 million into your game... there's really no point in discussion.

Your game's just shit. I'm sorry.
>>
File: genocider-19.png (406KB, 445x655px) Image search: [Google]
genocider-19.png
406KB, 445x655px
>>389310027
Overwatch for fun people. I sold off my Blizzard account already.
>>
File: 1426911012856.jpg (61KB, 404x501px) Image search: [Google]
1426911012856.jpg
61KB, 404x501px
>daily paladin threads by the same shill over and over

Hee, they never learn.
>>
>>389308753
wow, you can't really hide yourself being new/bronze/both.
>>
>>389311872
What
>>
>>389310771
>Muh Steam Charts
>Consoles Don't Exist
That is not an argument against the gameplay or balancing.
If popularity means quality that means PUBG is the greatest game of all time and Overwatch is shit compared to it.
I'm not even mad about the PC port dying. I'm just tired of people not giving it credit for its own merits.
>>
File: 1486276771299.jpg (147KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1486276771299.jpg
147KB, 500x730px
>>389306849
well, if this is the:
>"I get outplayed and should stop ruining competitive for others but i need to shittalk the game so i don't shatter my ego..."
Whenever i lose, there are 1 or 2 cheaters on the enemy team or my team is shit and i end up with 5 gold medals on a hanzo.
It's true and only cheaters will try to deny that.
>>
>>389313485
We know you're tired of getting bullied, Randy. You can stop acting out for attention now.
>>
File: 1486909642728.png (317KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1486909642728.png
317KB, 796x712px
>game is popular but not very fun
>given more than a second of thought you realize it isn't very good either
>other games of the same "genre" that are actually fun get swept under the rug and abandoned
Why does it have to be this way? Overwatch was a mistake.
>>
>>389310573
Also continually enforcing the idea of having mains with updates and changes.
Blizzard has no idea what they are doing.
>>
File: mei rightclick.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mei rightclick.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>389310135
this
Webm related from today
>>
File: 1500756081538.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
1500756081538.png
107KB, 341x334px
>>389314142
>enforcing the idea of having mains
>Blizzard has no idea what they are doing.
>Blizzard
You know that if you weren't a useless 15year old faggot, you would be able to play and master at least 5 characters? Thus being able to fit any role? But no, i guess you're a dps main, amirite?
>>
File: 1488469094626.jpg (190KB, 720x538px) Image search: [Google]
1488469094626.jpg
190KB, 720x538px
>>389313736
Because marketing budgets. Overwatch had a downright oppressive marketing push. I feel bad because it was one instance of me falling for the snake oil.
>>
>>389310472

...? What are you babbling on about? Be specific.

I believe hes talking about the pink haired Russian and the hammer guy.
>>
>>389306849
All you need to know about overwatch's character planning can be seen by the first two characters they added.

>Make a stealth character that never shuts up and announces when she's out of stealth whose main gimmick a channeling ability under heavy cooldown.

>Make a long range healer that can also negate healing with a sleep dart ability to protect herself from flankers who's job is to deal with her. Btw she is/was able to kill said flankers by herself.
>>
>>389315549
I think Ana is one of the only cool characters in Overwatch but she is super out of place in that game.
>>
>>389311872
It's impossible for you to know wich game OP is shilling just by how many other fandoms hate Overwatch. OP could be shilling for TF2, QC, BB, Gigantic, or Lawbreakers for all we know

OW is a stain on the arena shooter genre, what Ghostbusters 2017 did to the franchise
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.