[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game is a re-make of one of the worst in the series >Still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
>Game is a re-make of one of the worst in the series
>Still winds up being better than Fates
>Nintendo is still going to keep pushing Fates since this game didn't sell a bajillion copies

I hate this timeline
>>
File: msty.gif (1MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
msty.gif
1MB, 443x250px
You have no ideahlwlong I've been saying this
>>
But anon, Fates was the best game in the series. It had amazing writing and customizing Corrin made me feel immersed. Really shocked and disappointed it didnt win goty.
>>
File: 1499057921731.png (141KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499057921731.png
141KB, 500x600px
>>389302326
I didn't really care for echoes that much, didn't even finish it. But I liked fates a lot. It wasn't the best but a good direction with some minor flaws.
>>
As far as maps goes fates is better
This one felt like Awaking lite desu
>>
File: 1500351219203.png (173KB, 358x338px) Image search: [Google]
1500351219203.png
173KB, 358x338px
>>389303671
Well, call me a pessimist but I can't enjoy a game where the conflict occurs because every main character is a retard.

I'll take less-interesting maps with unique mechanics and likable characters over a handful of great maps with shitty characters and that grinding monotonous MyCastle crap.
>>
Echoes' unique features it inherited from the original were great. If they could bring some of them back in the future and implement the new things that worked, have cutscenes on par with the other 3DS games, and give us better maps that game would be perfection.
>>
>>389302326
I only just got to Celica's campaign and I'm already having so much more fun than I did with Fates. The story isn't braindead anime garbage with shitty stereotype characters. The whole thing just feels grounded and not ridiculous. I'm completely willing to take the less than stellar maps if it means I'm not playing some Otaku's shitty fanfiction.

My only real problem with the game is Dread Fighter. Myrmidon looks amazing in this game, and it's just really shitty for two classes in a row to be European and then suddenly it's a fucking Ninja. Its just incongruous
>>
>>389304414
>conflict occurs because every main character is a retard

Sounds like all the other FE games too. The franchise as a whole, and Nintendo as a whole, has consistently had horrible writing and characters across nearly every single game they have ever worked on or been associated with.
>>
>>389302326
Well you couldn't possibly fuck up more then Fates story did.
>>
>>389304789
You seriously can't be comparing Fates's cast's lack of insight to the rest of the series.
>>
>>389302326
I disagree with it being better then fates. Sure the story to fates was horrible, but gameplay and map wise conquest was (way in the case of maps) better. As for characters, they were only better than fates because they had boring supports(from the ones I got) rather than annoying.
>>
>>389303671
Literally what about Fates was good? Aside from the weapons?
>>
I enjoyed the gameplay mechanics in echoes most out of any entry in the series, so I'll rate it highly regardless of how good the maps are.
>>
Best Fe Echoes character
>>
>>389305083
>gameplay wise
How are those pairups working out?

>maps
Who gives a shit? If anything, Echoes is actually far superior in terms of properly depicting armies clashing.
>>
I actually liked the way Skills worked in Echoes, except that you couldn't use learned skills without that item or another item that had the skill equipped.

I suppose it's kind of something out of the page of more isometric sRPGs but it might not be bad if they could implement them properly and have the characters able to use anything they learned with whatever.
>>
Its threads like these that make me know shills are real.
If like any of this new fire emblem crap you have shit taste.
None of these compare to the games of old at all, I implore you to go play them and have your mind blown.
>>
>>389306113
>Echoes is actually far superior in terms of properly depicting armies clashing.

Who gives a shit about that when open maps are unfun
>>
>>389306113
Hey pairups worked decently in fates where it wasn't always a benefit to have two units in defense pairup or whatever the hell it was called. Also you are lying to yourself if you try to say that any archer you get is not immediately better than almost every other unit thanks to the fuck you range that they get. But even besides that, Alm can solo most of his maps or just have silque drown the enemies in dread fighters. Whereas Cecilia can pull the same shit with Saber, herself since she learns that spell that does a lot of damage against terrors early, or Kamui.
>Who gives a shit? If anything, Echoes is actually far superior in terms of properly depicting armies clashing.
Yes because it's fun to fight in the same map as earlier with the only difference being slightly changed positions. Who cares about accuracy if it isn't fun?
>>
>>389306357
Conquest, Path of Radiance, and Thracia 776 are my favorite games with Binding Blade and Heroes of Light and Shadow right behind them. The old games are nothing mind blowing if you've played Conquest.
>>
>>389302326
I just want Geneology/Tharcia remake. Played it on my cousins computer a long while ago and fucking loved it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.