[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"From the shore it is hard to tell what is city and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: City_imperialcity.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
City_imperialcity.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
"From the shore it is hard to tell what is city and what is Palace, for it all rises from the islands of the lake towards the sky in a stretch of gold. Whole neighborhoods rest on the jeweled bridges that connect the islands together. Gondolas and river-ships sail along the watery avenues of its flooded lower dwellings. Moth-priests walk by in a cloud of ancestors; House Guards hold exceptionally long daikatanas crossed at intersections, adorned with ribbons and dragon-flags; and the newly arrived Western legionnaires sweat in the humid air. The river mouth is tainted red from the tinmi soil of the shore, and river dragons rust their hides in its waters. Across the lake the Imperial City continues, merging into the villages of the southern red river and ruins left from the Interregnum."

lol
>>
File: old better cyrodiil.png (35KB, 1134x204px) Image search: [Google]
old better cyrodiil.png
35KB, 1134x204px
Where's my fucking canopy tunnel
>>
Everyone knows book writers are always full of shit.
>>
>>389298861
I'd have easily sacrificed half of the cities in Oblivion for a better Imperial City, most of them are forgettable shit anyway. Oblivion is a perfect example of the importance of priority in game design, so much wasted effort on shit nobody cares about.
>>
>>389299356
There was no effort put into Oblivion
>>
>>389299470
That's what it seems like because the effort is all spread so fucking thin, they sacrificed depth for scope.
>>
>>389299356
At least they are more memorable than Skyrim's cities.
>>
Congrats, neo-/v/

Now you know how the adults felt when they got to Vivec after Morrowind was released and saw how desolate and lifeless it was compared to the concept art we saw prior
>>
Novigrad is the first and only RPG city to actually feel like a city.
>>
>>389299037
This isn't literature, this is Pocket Guide to the Empire, written by an Imperial from the Imperial City.
This was also confirmed by Imperail Cult members in Morrowind, all Imperials until Oblivion said that this is what Imperial city looks like.
>>
>>389299009
there's two ways to go about this
>they were talking about forest tropical, not amazon tropical
>talos changed the landscape during the dragon break
>>
>>389299778
The thing with Witcher is that it has really low interactability with the world, which works perfectly for the Witcher games, but I am not sure if TES NPC's with their pathfinding and buildings with insides and stuff like that would work properly at that side without killing consoles.
>>
>>389300156
Talos did not change the landscape during Dragonbreak, he changed it with CHIM...after a Dragonbreak in future, which gave him CHIM in past. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>389300058
>imperial kike cunts lying about their own city
wow what a surprise
>>
>>389300058
It's more implied he's from a Colovian city.
Not that it matters. The PGE1 laid the foundation of modern TES lore and everything written on it was the canon until Oblivion fucked everything up.
>>389300156
I don't care about the jungle retcon. In fact, I think it was a good choice. I want to know where fucking everything else went. Where is the cultural difference between Nibenese and Colovians? Where is the Akaviri influence? Why is the Nibenay suddenly the poorest region in Cyrodiil, contradicting every piece of previously established lore? Why does the Imperial City look like fucking shit? Why were cities suddenly removed from Cyrodiil when they existed 2 years before? Where are the thousands of different religions and cults? Where are all the moth priests? Why is Mithril back?

Why did Bethesda make one of the most massive lore rapes in existence and replace it with generic LOTRland so it could profit from more shekels?
>>
When was the pocket guide written? That is a very important detail when discussing the accuracy of its details.
>>
>>389300558
1998, released alongside Redguard.
>>
>>389300463
>Bethesda happened, of course. Slayers of their own creation.
>>
>>389300558
>>389300646
But you probably meant in-universe which was around the first few years of Tiber Septim's rule.
>>
>>389300646
While I'm sure you are joking, I meant in-universe. If it was written in a completely different era than the one Oblivion takes place in, it's not unreasonable that things have changed a lot.
>>
File: IMG_5922.jpg (23KB, 285x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5922.jpg
23KB, 285x214px
>>389298861
Iv never beat this game. Is it because I'm retarded?
>>
>city doesn't look exactly the same as it did centuries ago
woooooooow
>>
>>389300558
It's an irrelevant detail,
It was written 200 to 300 years before Morrowind, but that is completely irrelevant because people in Morrowind Era claim the same information regarding how Cyrodiil and Imperial City looks.
Also, the city couldn't just turn from a giant mega bridge structure covering multiple rivers into a fucking shitty brickwall structure with not a single river going through it.
>>
>>389300870
no
>>
>>389300818
it was written in same era as Oblivion but early period of said era
and it is unreasonable
>>389300908
We are talking geography, do you understand that Imperail City is Venice like city and there should be river running through it?
>>
>>389299648

>vivec
>desolate and lifeless

what? it was full of shops and NPCs and little secrets underground. what more life could there be?
>>
>>389300942
Sure it could, when Tiber Septim reshaped the land
>>
>>389301034
The outdoor areas are pretty dead. And the cantons are all copy-pasta
>>
Explain how the cities of Artemon, Mir Corrup and Sutch suddenly disappeared from Cyrodiil when they existed less than ten years ago.
>>
I know it's hardly any consolation but Banana Split's Better Cities while bloated and framerate raping as shit does fix a lot of these issues.
>>
>>389301837
OCR is now the best, not Better Cities.
>>
>>389302015
Would agree with you but I find Open City mods always fuck up hundreds of other mods so tend to stay away from them
>>
>>389302242
Entirely fair. I do find that, at least in Oblivion, OCR is pretty well supported now by most mods. I've got a standard, stable modded version for archive that's built on it and it works great. But we may also use different mods.
>>
>>389302015
>OCR is now the best
lol no. EVERY other city mod is better, OCR looks bad.
>>
>>389302445
lol no.
>>
Let's just make every rpg have ridiculously large and overpopulated cities, filled to the brim with randomly generated people with randomly generated walking patterns randomly generated stories, families, lives, love interests, hobbies, interests, sorrows, histories and deep dark secrets

All there for the budding player to dig his claws into

big cities, endless cities, cities until the world ends

and so many houses
>>
File: jR1prPo.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jR1prPo.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
>>389303020
I actually prefer Witcher's city design to Bethesda's these days. Morrowind was the best, but insistence on VA has had a deep impact in how they populate their world - for the worse.

Novigrad - hell, any city in 3 - despite most of the population being randos felt more like a living, breathing city of interest than anything Beth has made in the past decade.
>>
>>389304546
>these days
It was always better even in TW1.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.