[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to reuse your popular old characters for the fanservice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 20170902_035700.png (1MB, 1276x715px) Image search: [Google]
20170902_035700.png
1MB, 1276x715px
Is it okay to reuse your popular old characters for the fanservice purporse in your new games?
>>
Wat. Is this real?
>>
The game is just a platform to peddle nostalgia. Almost every game has been featured in some way and now they look to dredge up and smear the name of Ivalice.
>>
File: 1354878604688.jpg (15KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1354878604688.jpg
15KB, 251x251px
>>389297861
>mfw they're going to ruin Tactics with their MMO bullshit
>>
>>389298654
>ruin
>>
>>389298654
You're an idiot.
>>
>>389299157

Yes, ruin. Tactics is over. Let it be. Why dig it up just to make sales?
>>
>>389298654
It's just background dressing for a linear 24-man boss rush, featuring characters/settings from Final Fantasy XII and Tactics.
Not like they'll retcon either out of existence.
>>
>>389297861
Ivalice now exists on Hydalyn/ It's crazy.
>>
>>389299261
Pretty sure nobody is expected to subscribe just for that.
>>
i really just want fft hairstyles
>>
>>389298654
Tactics was already ruined by the advance games
>>
>>389299313
No.. every game world is smashed into this cash cow to milk its zombie subscriber base. Nothing is actually connected to this shit world canonically.
>>
>>389299405

But it is content. And content is what keeps people playing.
>>
>>389299540
It could be a duplicate Ivalice, like the duplicate Crystal Tower with duplicates of the FF3 bosses that just so happens to exist on Hydalyn while looking exactly the same as in FF3
>>
>>389299550
So?
>>
>>389299836
>So?

I'm not sure what is unclear.
>>
>>389299735
>It could be a duplicate Ivalice

With a duplicate Ramza and Delita?
>>
>>389299973
Feel free to show us how this has anything to do with sales when nobody is buying the game for this content and the subscribers would already be subscribed regardless of the theme of the raid.
>>
>>389299735
And where is the rest of the continent of FF3? It doesn't exist, as the design of Crystal Tower was only meant to evoke nostalgia and get people to keep subscribing. Same with Ivalice.

You do realize that the "Allagan Empire" is an allusion to what Squaresoft once was, correct? Everything about them was advanced (design theory). And every title that was far superior to this game that they have replicated and ripped off was designed by them. Crystal Tower (FF3), Warring Triad (FF6) all of the primals and eikons (spanning multiple games), Ascians and their cosmological counterparts (Ivalice).

There is nothing connecting the games storywise and any connection you draw would be superficial as above.
>>
>>389300193
Crystal Tower had a duplicate Xande, Unei and Doga
>>
>>389300292

It seems you've gotten hung up on the word 'sales.' Feel free to simply assume I meant 'money.'

And content updates are how you keep people subscribed. Is this the one update that all the subscribers have been waiting for? Obviously not. Is it still a content update that is being released, in keeping with the overall business model that will keep people subscribed? Absolutely.

Not sure what you're confused about.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.