[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this going to be the most boldest Tolkien ass rape ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 74

File: shadow-of-nose.jpg (512KB, 1638x1634px) Image search: [Google]
shadow-of-nose.jpg
512KB, 1638x1634px
Is this going to be the most boldest Tolkien ass rape ever?

>we wuz
>shelob
>microtransactions
>shamelessly taking advantage of Mike Forgey memorial DLC

I remember that Tolkien's story and brand was once one of the most well protected products of the planet. What the hell happened?
Tolkien foundation ran out of money and are taking all kind of shit now?
>>
>>389294563
Why's there a black guy?
>>
>>389294563
Day 1 pirate.
Should be a fun enough game. I enjoyed the first one.
>>
>>389294563
Yeah they shoulda never put blacks in there
>>
>>389294676
(((Diversity)))
>>
>m-muh lore
oh my god who cares

what matters is whether or not the game will be good
>>
>>389294563
I'm a little iffy. It feels like the developers aren't confident in their product. Graphics look worse than the 1st game somehow, and micro transactions are just outdated money making schemes. Very cautious about this one.
>>
>>>/pol/
>>
>>389294823
>i-i-i-it's just -i-i-important that the game is good.

No it's not.
They were pushing boundaries to find out how much you can take it in the ass.
Lore is just one thing but microtransactions and Mike Forgey DLC is just insane.
>>
>>389294823
What's the point of making a game based on an existing franchise if you're not going to even TRY to respect it? Making an original story set in the univers filled with donut steels is one thing. Taking existing characters and twisting them to the point they're unrecognizable while simultaneously taking a steaming dump all over the lore and story is simply unacceptable.
>>
File: 13187891385.jpg (13KB, 185x180px) Image search: [Google]
13187891385.jpg
13KB, 185x180px
>>389294563
>Tolkien's story and brand was once one of the most well protected products of the planet.
It was, until the Tolkien family sold part of the Tolkien brand to Warner Bros for the movies.
Their collective butthurt when both lotr and lo hobbit raped the books was enough for them to cancel every single future project after lo hobbit and peter jackson, but not enough to retake the sold bran to (((Warner Bros)))
So basically they're not in charge anymore.
>>
>>389295935
How badly did the movies rape the books? Besides obvious shit like hobbit stretched to 3 movies.
>>
>>389294676
They wuz Gondorians and not invading hordes
>>
>>389294563
honest to god i have no idea how anyone considers Shadow of Mordor to be good, that game felt nothing like LoTR/Hobbit.
>>
File: IMG_1481.jpg (67KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1481.jpg
67KB, 500x502px
>>389294563

What I don't get is why this game is shipping with 100$+ in DLC. I liked the last game, especially the Nemesis system and branding orcs, but I still waited years to get it for sale at 20 bucks. Their pricing scheme is fucking ridiculous even if it has a AAA studio making it.
>>
>>389296078
Enough to piss off the whole Tolkien family on multiple levels.
>>
File: 1485007517389.jpg (176KB, 956x809px) Image search: [Google]
1485007517389.jpg
176KB, 956x809px
>$99 and a cash shop
>>
>>389294676
New type of elf.
>>
>>389294823
>oh my god who cares
Fans, shill
>>
File: 1390197720821.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1390197720821.png
434KB, 571x540px
I liked the first one, it was the only modern open world game to hold my attention. Witcher 3, Zelda and Horizon included.

I imagine most people hating on it never actually played it or went it looking for reasons to validate a pre existing hate
>>
>>389296280
>>389294676

New Tolkein Dark Elves confirmed
>>
>>389296158
I just like branding orcs

But I admit it was a shit game with shit content and terrible storyline
>>
>>389294563
WB still only has rights to the LotR trilogy. What changed is that the movies are getting old, so if once games etc. were trying to imitate them thus maintaining a certain aura of integrity, now devs and writers feel this stupid need to go into full OC territory in order to spice things up
>>
What type of micros are in this game?

I don't do micros but loved the first game.
>>
>>389294563
Reminder that the PS3 version is still being sold in stores.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WhvpMzkGY
>>
>>389296630
So far its pay money for gear. The game has an expanded gear system compared to the first game so its actual armor pieces and shit
>>
>>389294563
It's going to be beloved and have the same type of idiots defending it like the ones for FFXV and MGSV

Also, tell me something. I know the weirdness of the spider becoming a spider "woman". Can't image why they did it *sarcasm*

But what's with the black dude? I don't remember any black People in the movies. Are they their own thing like the red guards of Elderscroll or did the always exist about the world. And I'd like an answer that isn't "wez Kings , diversity or the sjw'" plz. I mean what's the excuse for wealthy bandits (I mean WB)
>>
>>389294676
WE
>>
>>389296158

I played through it recently for the first time, got it for $5 and while it wasn't an amazing game, it was pretty entertaining for about the 15-20 hours I played it. Running around stealthily killing orcs in brutal ways and branding tons of enemies was a lot of fun.
>>
>>389296785
Oh fuck off. That's almost as bad as I thought.
>>
>>389296423
Tolkien already has Dark Elves.
They're an unique kind though.
>>
>>389296078

The LOTR trilogy didn't get awful until the third movie, when Peter Jackson blatantly omitted or even retconned events. Plus no Shire war.

All of those sins pale in comparison to the Hobbit movies, however. Those movies will stand in time immemorial as shining example of Hollywood source material rape.
>>
>>389296245
To be fair even if I don't need to be, the Tolkien family had pretty unrealistic expectations of what goes into a movie-making process. Shit's ALWAYS going to get changed, they just couldn't understand that.
>>
File: 1394547415097.jpg (242KB, 1732x689px) Image search: [Google]
1394547415097.jpg
242KB, 1732x689px
>>389296158
For me it was the nemsisis system- it really made the game and Shadow of War seems to be banking fully on that system. Outside of that it was your standard western open world game. Same as Mad Max, Bam ham, AC. Whatever

But I also don't really care for Tolkiens work and consider him a hack- so the lore rape wasn't as bad for me
>>
>>389296905
And it seems that these upgrades can be used in multiplayer mode.
Multiplayer is something as it was in MGSV fob missions.
>>
>>389296630
Gear and this one will be fun. Orcs themselves. Yes, you can get in crates to speed shit up and break the game.

It's Fucking Deus ex all over again. God bless Warranted Bastards interactive (TM)
>>
>>389296976
>Sauron appears in the flesh
>He's literally a static .jpeg that waggles around on the screen and then disappeared
I was fucking howling with laughter at that scene
>>
>>389296976
difference is that even with the changes to the third movie, the Lotr trilogy consisted of legitimately great movies
hobbit trilogy has one okay movie and 2 downright terrible ones
>>
>>389297183
The Hobbit movies were terrible but I'd argue it's worth them existing just for the song Billy Boyd made for There And Back Again
>>
>>389296381
Probably because it's one of the shortest and smallest open world games around. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it's pretty easy to get 100% clear on that game.
>>
>>389296858
I dont remember the books describing any full black. Closest were the Haradrin you see in Return of the King. Middle Earth is like Europe and the men who take Sauron side comes from what would be North Africa. So it's more tanned and arabesque than black.
>>
damn aragorn finally became a kang
>>
I can only imagine to horror that will happen once Christopher dies and hollywood and cronies get their dirty paws on all the other works
>>
>>389297437
I want to believe the cast of the films will at least take a stand on not raping it further. The Hobbits were a travesty but a contractually obligated one from way back when the first trilogy was made. Any more they'd presumably be able to protest if they were truly the stuff of nightmares.
>>
>>389297268

First movie is the only one worth having. The others were an absolute travesty until Bilbo and Gandalf return back to the Shire i.e. a real movie set.
>>
>>389296858
>And I'd like an answer that isn't "wez Kings , diversity or the sjw'" plz
there isnt, thats the actual answer right there
>>
>>389294563
The movies happened. Then commercialization happened. True American shit, like usual.
>>
>>389297337
I'm not a console kid so I don't play games for the epic cheevos. I just enjoyed messing around with the orcs and the world. Seeing how far I could get without breaking stealth. Killing all the captains in one go. That kinda stuff
>>
>>389297437
>>389297560

Viggo Mortinsen telling Peter Jackson to go fuck himself didn't stop the rape.
>>
>>389297597
Bilbo's rare interaction with the Dwarves was heartwarming, and Thorin's actor played him well even if he was stuck in an awful script.
>>
>>389297560
some of them already did Viggo flat out refused to take up the role of Aragorn because said character didn't appear in the book
>>
>>389294563
The movies already fucked the books in the ass but at least Shadow of Mordor was fun. Shadow of War looks even better so I really don't care anymore.
>>
>>389296858
>Are they their own thing like the red guards of Elderscroll or did the always exist about the world
He could be from Harad, though most of the ones that show up briefly in the movie are more Arab/North African-like than anything. There could be actual subsaharan black people in Far Harad but only troll-men (see pic related) are confirmed to come from there.
>>
oh fucking please you don't give a shit about Mike Forgey he's just fucking ammunition for you to use to shit on the game the same way WB used him to gain free publicity
>>
>>389297684
Elaborate, because I haven't heard of Viggo doing something. I know the final Hobbit made a completely nonsensical reference to Strider, when he should still be called Estel at the time and be like 8 years old. Was he supposed to actually cameo for that?
>>
>>389297560
repeat after me
Yearly Release Tolkien Cinematic Universe
>>
>>389297768
that guy is from gondor
>>
>>389297885
and he actually has a white wife
the absolute state of american cuckoldry
>>
>>389297437
Considering how much he apparently hates this whole thing, I bet his finding ways to make sure no one touches it ever again.
>>
>>389297796

The story goes that Peter Jackson called Viggo to offer him a return cameo role in the Hobbit movies, and Viggo pointed out that his character would have still been a child and that it would be a major lore inconsistency to even have the character in the movie. And then Viggo hung up on him.
>>
>>389297796
Aragorn was going to be an adult if he showed up in the hobbit despite the decades of gap between hobbit and lord of he ring.
>>
>>389298050
Good on Viggo.
>>
>>389297783
People care about the abhorrent business practice of profiting of employee death
>>
>>389298041
I sincerely doubt he can stand up to the full might of Hollywood posthumously

I truly hope he does but lets be realistic here. Tolkien movies would make a shitload of money regardless of quality.
>>
this game is going to bomb because nobody cares about lotr anymore after the hobbit came out and it was mediocre and the fans wont get it because its clearly raping any lore it had left
>>
i feel a lotr tv series but with ""diversity"" being made
>>
File: mouth of sauron.jpg (47KB, 592x360px) Image search: [Google]
mouth of sauron.jpg
47KB, 592x360px
>>389294676
It's a Black Numenorean.
>>
>>389298132
And the decades gap between Frodo getting the ring and leaving the Shire
I think he sits on it for something like 20 years
>>
File: War_of_the_Ring.jpg (21KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
War_of_the_Ring.jpg
21KB, 256x363px
It could be much worse
>>
All I want is a game about Celebrimbor hamming it up, Bright Lord style. That's the only tolerable fuckery with the lore IMO and the only reason the first game was any good. That guy had no fucking chill whatsoever
>>
File: lotr.jpg (906KB, 1920x876px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
906KB, 1920x876px
>>389296078
As a fan i wouldn't say the movies RAPED the books, they're obviously more action oriented, had to cut sone stuff to make the lenght bearable and have small changes to "modernize" them, but there was a clear respect for the world and characters, a lot of work went into their realization, from the use of elvish language to the camera tricks employed to keep the various races' statures correct. The third movie is probably the biggest offender if you had to look for one, since the battles went so over the top. But it was still good shit - just not enough to please Christopher, Tolkien's son which is clearly a great purist

The Hobbit movies are a weirder beast. I honestly love the first movie, it does a good job of translating the cozy adventure feeling of the book, kept some of the songs, which I'm sure worse directors would've deemed too cheesy, and the OCs don't feel too obnoxious and unnecessary. The second is kind of more of the same, but it already felt like the second act of a different movie, the story shouldn't have been stretched to three of them, OCs start becoming more apparent. The third movie it's almost pure fanfiction. It starts with a wet fart as it failed to bring the epic dragon fight the second promised, and things only get worse - the OCs are now the absolute protagonists, battles are as cartoony as ever, relations to the LotR trilogy are awkwardly forced in in a power rangers ghosts fight sequence, and the production problems are as apparent as ever, an actor appears as a literal CG person because he was too sick for filming and they couldn't find a replacement. Battle of five armies disappointed me traumatically, i literally haven't given a single glance at the trilogy since, despite how i like 1 and 2

tl;dr i wouldn't call it rape but there's enough to justify some bitching. But thats ignoring the stuff outside the movies. Imagine what face Christopher Tolkien made when he learned Sauron would be a villain in a LEGO BATMAN movie
>>
>>389296960
Nile. Tolkeins dark elves are expys of the mythical ones. So their albino evil bastards. Think elric of melnibone etc. Dark fae / winter court style elf.

Not black elves like Salvatore's self insert DND homebrew fan fiction bullshit.
>>
>>389298312
Did Hobbit actually make any decent profit? By the time the third came out, we all knew the quality wasn't worth it.
>>
File: 1475455823184.jpg (50KB, 440x429px) Image search: [Google]
1475455823184.jpg
50KB, 440x429px
Remember when Tolkien purist's big concern was that Jackson might rape the LotR trilogy?

Imagine how bad they feel now
>>
>>389298537
I thought the dark elves were just secluded, outside world-hating paranoiacs because they never met the Valar?
>>
Did anyone play the dlc for shadow of mordor?

It heavily implies calebrimbor is evil.
>>
>>389296630
Lootboxes for gear and orcs
>>389296634
The FPS isn't the worst part, it's how fucking HIDEOUS the game is and how awful the load times are. Sometimes the game just crashes and wouldn't play. For a while at launch, you couldn't get past the first load screen. Not to mention the Nemesis system doesn't exist. Why? Who the fuck knows.
The Last of Us looked better and had more shit in it than Shadows of Mordor. To be fair, TLoU almost literally melted PS3's but still.
>>
>>389298050

Viggo likes the fellowship movie the best. Viggo is based.
>>
File: box_office_hobbit.jpg (41KB, 714x216px) Image search: [Google]
box_office_hobbit.jpg
41KB, 714x216px
>>389298553
you tell me
>>
>>389298760
>Battle of Five Armies did worst
It's a small victory but an important one
>>
>>389294563
As a Tolkienfag, this rape makes me so fucking mad.
>>
>>389298719
He's more pragmatic than evil. and that has always been his characterization. Hence the whole mind controlling uruks and making them fear the "bright master"
>>
>>389298760
It made billions.
Alright, I take it back. People would shit if it had the Tolkien name.
>>
>>389298880
i wonder what goes trough a devs mind when he looks at the garbage he made, why isnt there a single decent person left in this industry
>>
>>389298516
>Imagine what face Christopher Tolkien made when he learned Sauron would be a villain in a LEGO BATMAN movie

I don't think he cared to much about that, it's fairly obvious that's a parody and as the previous lego movie made explicit: the movie characters are NOT the actual characters but rather toys of the characters being played with by a 10y old boy.
>>
>>389298429
Black numenoreans are also not black people. Black is an metaphorical adjective, not literal. Black numenoreans are just the halfelves that chose humanity and then went full evil mode.
>>
>>389298984
developers have little to say against publisher meddling.

WB is known for being a shit tier publisher.
>>
>>389297560

Christopher Tolkien didn't even like the lord of the rings films.

"“Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time. The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away.”"
>>
File: HXQ42mI.jpg (294KB, 780x3047px) Image search: [Google]
HXQ42mI.jpg
294KB, 780x3047px
>>
>>389294823
>7.00 black dicks have been deposited into your gf's ass and mouth
>>
>>389298719
which is downright stupid as Celebrimbor was written as being the only elf in Feanor's lineage who wasn't by lack of other words, fucktarded
>>
>>389298680
Well yeah. Xenophobic isolationists too. But they're not dark skinned at all. They're outwardly the same as all the other elves. They're called black / dark to describe how unremittingly evil and soulless they are
>>
>start the first game
>having fun running around killing orcs and shit but wondering why the main mission won't start
>turns out if you climb down the tower at the start instead of jumping the main mission just won't start for some reason and you have to completely restart
This game is four fucking years old now and they haven't fixed that?
>>
>>389299202
No, that's not what I'm disagreeing with. I'm disagreeing with you calling them evil.
>>
>>389298516

Fives Armies was pretty fucked since they were pushing for a movie every year. Jackson also got sick during production, from what I've heard.

A shame that they could've done better.
>>
>>389298850
it's barely 2 million worldwide under desolation
and even unexpected journey made only 60 million more than the others
>>
File: Hmm.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
143KB, 600x600px
does /v/ have the biggest /pol/ influx? which board does (not counting /b/)?
>>
>>389299418
/tv/
>>
>>389298992
Yeah i know, which is why i didn't mention Lego Movie, it just felt so much more dumb in Batman, they had so many characters at their disposal but instead they decided to turn even a Batman-specific movie in a general Lego commercial

>>389299110
To be honest while i felt for poor Ian that was probably the best way to compose the scene. One thing is to make him and Frodo sit a few meters apart and another is to do the same but with a dozen of dwarfsall in the same scene
>>
>>389299418
>not liking when dumb devs rape the lore is being /pol/ now
rick and morty killed this site even more
>>
>>389298974
and that's the biggest problem
they could shit out a silmarillion inspired movie every year for a decade before ruining tolkien's name enough nobody would watch them, then disregard it for 20 years and do a "modern reboot"
>>
>>389298984
Anyone with integrity left.
>>
>>389299418
So what? /pol/ is right about some things
>>
>>389296860
WUZ
>>
>>389299418
Fishy business practices and lore raping is now /pol/

Fuck this board.
>>
I'll get it because forts and seiges open my wallet and Bannerlord is SOON forever, but in my mind I've just divorced SoW from Tolkien's Legendarium entirely. I see no lore rape because I don't acknowledge it even as a murky reflection of Tolkien's creation. I'm playing fan-fiction with a Uruk NPC generator pokemon game, and I'm okay with that.
>>
Oh look, more niggers. Good for you, americans!
>>
File: 1503317882652.png (296KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503317882652.png
296KB, 500x500px
>>389299729
I fucking pray Hollywood never touches the Silmarillion. So many scenes that are better imagined and hinted at in your head than shat out in CGI.
They couldn't pull it off, they couldn't do it justice, they would do worse damage to the world than Melkor.
>>
>worrying about lore outside of the books themselves
Trust me it makes it so much easier to be a LotR fan if you just accept everything besides the books is fanfiction of varying quality.
>>
>>389299418
>Not liking lore rape = /pol/
>>
>>389298132
>>389298435
>Aragorn's practically 90 when he shows up in Fellowship
Fuckers in these book are entirely too active for their age.
>>
File: 1504451964104.gif (1021KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
1504451964104.gif
1021KB, 375x212px
>Game doesn't use its Nemesis system for allies as well, creating a unique command chain of Gondorian soldiers waging war against the encroaching orcs
>You could either ally with Gondor, curbing your lust for power and evil deeds as the Bright Lord in exchange for their support, or go full warlord and wage war with them as well as Mordor
Why the FUCK didn't they do this?
>>
The first one was just as bad lore-rape wise but it was an incredibly fun game.

This one though, those business practices, and sexy Shelob, what the fuck. Also this game is going to have that annoying OTHER PLAYERS CAN INVADE YOUR SHIT mechanic that requires you to play daily. I actually enjoyed it in MGSV but this game isn't worth that to me.
>>
>>389300335
Elf blood is one hell of a drug
>>
>>389300165
and yet it will happen
and the movies will be filled with BOTFA tier OC's made by writers who don't even have 1% the talent of Tolkien
There will be a Beren and Luthien movie where they quip against eachother and 3 OC's following them.
>>
>>389299483
>best way to compose the scene.
I think they could've found other ways. When you look up behind the scenes for the original trilogy, you could feel the dedication from everyone involved. Everything btc for Hobbit, no one wants to be there, everyone's angry.
Ian likely had to do several takes, talking into prints of actors faces for a few hours. I can only imagine how long he could keep it up before breaking.
>>
>>389294676
Western civilization is going the way of Rome. Just wonder who it is who's going to overthrow and control us in the end.

Also, take a look at what that fat sheep-fucking cunt did to the movies.

http://www.theonering.com/complete-list-of-film-changes
>>
>>389300347
Because you would need to make an entire new line for Gondorian soldiers, with a array of interactions and play to match the Uruks.
The Gondorians are there to die off over the course of the first and second act basically.
I fucking hate the way they look in this game though. Whilst probably bullshit, I have the guiltiest pleasure for Jackson's AESTHETIC plate Gondor soldier.
>>
>>389300165
>Melkor is a white guy
>Manwe is Black
>Beren is gay
>Luthien is a transgender
etc
>>
>>389300428
>quip
is Joss Whedon the worst thing to ever happen to screenwriting?
>>
File: IMG_20170830_222921.jpg (86KB, 1093x571px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170830_222921.jpg
86KB, 1093x571px
>It's ok for the movies to rape the lore because there wasn't any blacks.
It's funny how /v/ only cares about something when they want to shit on blacks.
>>
>>389299418
Most likely, considering we've had stickies for /pol/ crying like Five Guys and that Mighty No 9 community manager. Vidya retards are probably the most susceptible to /pol/ shit on 4chan.
>>
>>389299418
No, /v/ is more anarcho communist than you think
>>
>>389300595
Calm down everyone will be white like the rest of the movies you baby
>>
>>389300392
I think the invasion mechanic is fine, it doesn't affect your fort in a way like you walk off and come back to find everything you've done is now burnt and broken. It's other people playing your fort set-up, but you're left unaffected.

You can lose all your assets in ranked matches you start though.
>>
>>389299486
>>389299795
>>389300252
>waaaah muh lore is so important D':
cry more about it lil fags
>>
>>389299418
>>389300746
>>389299468
Those pancakefags must be stopped at all costs.
>>
>mfw when every one of the 4 warner bros was from Russia and Canada

History really does just repeat itself.
>>
>>389294563
WE
>>
>>389300637
To be honest I just wish they'd made him a Haradrim exile or something, Gondor is as white as chalk
>>
File: 1504236647576.png (255KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1504236647576.png
255KB, 500x360px
>>389294563
>MUH LORE
Why are Tolkienfags so autistic?
>>
>>389300335
Frodo is also 10 years older than Boromir and Aragorn was born less than a year after Denethor
>>
>here comes leftypol defending shitty bussiness practices as long as they shove blacks in it
typical
>>
>>389298993
it was a joke, anon
>>
>>389299418
A lot of /pol/tards are centrists
Also brown

It's the weirdest far-right white supremacist group you'll ever see
>>
>>389300761
What if it's the Mouse that gets the rights?
>>
>>389300761
>everyone will be white like the rest of the movies you baby
Your naivety is cute
>>
>>389300761
It's good the you love black dick anon, but most people don't like it.
>>
>>389300915
You faggots love shitty business practice as long as their is no blacks in it. You'd praise this game if it had no blacks but everything is dlc
>>
>>389301019
yeah yeah thats why the first game is praised here all the time
>>
>>389300979
Another IP to add to the pile. 50 years from now, all entertainment will be under the Mouse's rule.
>>
>>389294676
Because the true people of this country have gone soft thanks to their modern day luxuries, and they're letting blacks and gays rise up.
>>
>>389294563
W-what do you mean by >shelob? What did they do to my bby Ungolianths offspring?
>>
>>389300992
Go take your crazy pills anon.
>>389301059
Exactly
>>389301018
How is saying the movie will be white like the rest saying I like black dick?
>>
>>389294563
>this entire thread
>>
>>389301169
just post your images autismo
>>
Why didn't they just ride eagles to Mt. Doom?
>>
>>389301134
The natives are the true people
>>
What sucks is the actual concept behind the Nemesis system and the The Hobbit/LoTR universe could have made a amazing sequel that expanded everything and made it pretty great.

Instead, it is just Orcs again and the locations still seem pretty limited, on top of all the bullshit the combat system from the first game had in addition to all the microtransaction and DLC bullshit baggage.

I never finished Shadow of Mordor and was considering finishing it up before this game came out, but after all the bullshit with microtransactions and the Mike Forgey DLC, I am pretty disgusted by everything surrounding the game.
>>
>>389301232
Because then there wouldn't be a story
>>
>>389301219
Anon just post your crime statistics like normal
>>
>>389301159
made her woman to increase r34
>>
>>389294563
Seriously putting nogs in the game? Fuck this gay ass earth. I'm done.
>>
>>389301189
nah some of us are genuinely pissed off tolkien fans
>>
File: knight puts beer down.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
knight puts beer down.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>389301159
SHE FEMME FATALE NOW
YES REALLY
THE SPAWN OF THE UNGOLIANT
A
FUCKING
WITCH
>>
>>389294676
Hobbits were always black in real life
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>389294563
>racism
>>
>>389301357
Good
>>
>>389301232
Because Nazgul and a host of other creatures would see them coming.
Not to mention the Great Eagles have massive pride, guess what item exploits that like a cheat-code?
>>
>>389301232
Because Gandalf wasn't there to guid them to Giant-Eagle city due to having to pass through Moria
So they took the land-route until Gandalf came back and brought the Eagles

Point is, always have a few people who know the destination
>>
File: file.png (399KB, 800x451px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
399KB, 800x451px
>>389301232
>>
>>389301398
Could've fooled me
>>
File: shelob-2.jpg (62KB, 800x443px) Image search: [Google]
shelob-2.jpg
62KB, 800x443px
>>389301331
>>389301416
>>389301159
not only that but the hack of a writer added a pseudo-intellectual OC interpretation where Shelob was actually helping Frodo by testing to see if he was worthy of bringing the ring to mount doom

yes really
>>
>>389301232
Would have gotten shot out of the sky.
>>
>>389300464
LOTR autism about the movies is possibly the funniest thing on the internet
>>
>>389301416
>>389301331
Wait, as in humanoid? Are you yanking my crank? Are you sure its Shelob?

Dare i even ask, do you have a picture?
>>
>>389298760
I thought this was barney fag for a second
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 784x708px
>Talion was finished with his revenge in the first game, yet he stuck around
>The Wraith has more and more crazy powers, as if he's getting more powerful
>Forged a new ring, despite knowing how well that went the first time

>Pretty much every piece of lore indicates that, no matter your intentions, just wearing a ring will lead you to becoming more corrupt.

Is Talion going to end up just as bad as the guys he's trying to take out?
>>
and about the eagles, don't forget they were basically angels so bringing them into close contact with the one ring for an extended period of time was a bad fucking idea
>>
>>389294563
DLC horseshit aside

>lore
They've said ever since the first game that this is not canon and is a spinoff of the setting. How are people still getting mad at this?

>Tolkien's story and brand was once one of the most well protected products of the planet
lol
>>
>>389301669
>he actually played the shitty first game
>he actually cares about this abomination
lol
>>
>>389301567
Why the fuck would the spawn of one of the Legendariums ultimate evils care about a fucking test for a fucking Hobbit and their fucking self-worth?
Tolkien loathed Spiders. Shelob wanted to eat. That's pretty magnificent motivation, it doesn't need further explanation.
>>
>>389301718
>How are people still getting mad at this?
BECAUSE THERE'S A BLACK
>>
File: 1283123967677.jpg (120KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1283123967677.jpg
120KB, 640x427px
>>389294823
The game's not going to be good either, shill.
>>
>>389301567
YOU FUCKING WHAT?! Refuse to believe it, what the actual FUCK? Pic unrelated, right? Please?
>>
>>389301669
Seems like it. I'd actually like to see him take Sauron's place as the plight of middle earth
>>
>>389294563
honestly if its as FUN as the first one ill be happy
lore rape doesnt bother me anymore after how bad they fucked up the hobbit
>>
File: 1481122206794.png (447KB, 959x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481122206794.png
447KB, 959x720px
>>389301809
So?
>>
>>389301669
I will give the game points if it does, the monologues always gave me the precursor to supervillian vibe before.
To their credit, they are hinting at it. Talion is confirmed for facing off Nazgul, so he might see where his path may lead and suddenly an interesting plot.
>>
>>389301669
aren't the Elf rings non-corrupting, it's only the One Ring and those directly tied to it that corrupt
>>
>>389301804
>>389301819
does anyone have the picture of what shelobs writer posted?
I sadly didn't save it
>>
File: 1499319421702.png (878KB, 720x629px) Image search: [Google]
1499319421702.png
878KB, 720x629px
>tfw you just bought the first game a few weeks ago, loved it, and now won't be buying the sequel
>>
Why do they have permission to make these games? Did his son give it?
>>
pass me yo One Ring white boi and the wallet too
>>
>>389302006
>loved the first game
good to know your taste wasn't a factor in this decision
>>
>>389301946
No the purpose of the One Ring is to actively corrupt ANYONE ANYWHERE who tries to overtly use ANY of the rings of power

And no there is no standing up to that, the One Ring contains the majority of the essence and power of one of the most powerful Maiar, nobody in middle earth has the capacity to approach it's strength
>>
>>389301567
>Shelob was actually helping Frodo by testing to see if he was worthy of bringing the ring to mount doom
But... but Shelob just wants to eat the world, possibly including Sauron
>>
>>389302009

Warner Bros acquired it and they're going to abuse the shit out of it until DC proves that WB won't need LotR anymore.
>>
>>389302082
>t. guy angry over Rabbids
>>
File: file.png (240KB, 310x444px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240KB, 310x444px
>>389302142
>>
File: 1355450441076.jpg (109KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1355450441076.jpg
109KB, 406x364px
I love how if you've never read the books the movies don't even bother acclimating anyone to the universe.

I've seen both the Hobbit trilogy and the LotR trilogy and I still have no fucking clue about:

What the hell Sauron is supposed to be
Why Sauron loves Orcs so much
Why all Orcs are evil
What exactly happened with Gandalf getting a wardrobe change after defeating Balrog. Did he die? What the fuck is going on?
Where the hell Frodo and Gandalf went to after defeating Sauron. Did they go off to die somewhere? Are they coming back?
Whatever the hell dragon sickness is
Who is Galadriel and whats with her powers. Is she like a super extra special elf or something?
etc, the list goes on and on and on
>>
It's an alternate universe mang
>>
>>389301946
I think it's more that Elves just do whatever the fuck they want
Hell, Aragorn could've worn the One Ring and bitch-slapped Sauron
>>
>>389302303
well its a shitty one
>>
>>389302237
Only because he was chosen by Eru
>>
>>389302142
I think the One Ring could only see the Three's thoughts, not directly influence them, since Sauron didn't have a direct hand in their crafting.
>>
>>389302237
Even Sam hesitated when Frodo asked for it.
The temptation was hilarious though, the only thing the Ring could promise was a ubercharged Garden.
>>
>>389302364
No he wasn't.
>>
>>389302408
I know
>>
File: Hola_gai_dol!.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
Hola_gai_dol!.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
>>389302142
>>
>>389302237
He just wanted to garden and fuck his waifu
>>
Share the load
>>
>>389300464
this is peak autism
>>
>>389302257
Each movie would have had to have been like, 5 hours long to fully explain all that shit. The script writers cut a bunch of shit because they had to, because no one but ultra nerds would give even half a shit. For the average movie goer, what they got was enough. Why does Sauron need to be defeated? Because he's evil as fuck. How do we defeat him? Throw his magic ring in a volcano. Okay, good enough for me, let's get to the big ass sword fights already. Too much exposition makes a shitty movie.
>>
>>389302556
I love how the reason Tom Bombadil wasn't given the ring is because he'd just forget he even had it, because it's so far beneath him
>>
>>389294563
>What the hell happened?
they sold the rights to Warner Brothers.
They learned from their mistakes though, and because of it Silmarillion will never see any media adaptation.
>>
>>389302257
>What the hell Sauron is supposed to be
A minor divinity necromancer who played the long-con and put on a show of being good beforehand
>Why Sauron loves Orcs so much
He doesn't give a shit, they're just useful tools
>Why all Orcs are evil
Because they're orcs
>What exactly happened with Gandalf getting a wardrobe change after defeating Balrog. Did he die? What the fuck is going on?
He ascended in the wizard Hierarchy. Wizards ain't gotta explain shit
>Where the hell Frodo and Gandalf went to after defeating Sauron. Did they go off to die somewhere? Are they coming back?
Gandalf went to chat with Tom Bombadil, Frodo went to wage war in the Shire
>Whatever the hell dragon sickness is
Honestly don't know
>Who is Galadriel and whats with her powers. Is she like a super extra special elf or something?
She's a powerful elf with a ring of power. She basically keeps her lands 'sacred'. Though I vaguely remember there being other Elf Lords who just bitchslap everything too. Elves are really powerful in LotR
>>
>>389301246
They're irrelevant.
>>
>>389302680
They were also concerned that if Sauron turned all his might against Bombadil's patch he wouldn't be able to resist.
>>
File: shelob_motivation.png (66KB, 587x627px) Image search: [Google]
shelob_motivation.png
66KB, 587x627px
>>389301819
>>389301804
oh found it

read and weep
>>
>>389302680
I thought it was more "even though Tom could use Sauron as a sock-puppet, sans lube, he'd just be a fat lazy asshole in his home until the world was overrun by darkness since Sauron would continue his war plans even without the ring. Same reason they don't sink it
>>
>>389302715
>>What exactly happened with Gandalf getting a wardrobe change after defeating Balrog. Did he die? What the fuck is going on?
>He ascended in the wizard Hierarchy. Wizards ain't gotta explain shit
>>Where the hell Frodo and Gandalf went to after defeating Sauron. Did they go off to die somewhere? Are they coming back?
>Gandalf went to chat with Tom Bombadil, Frodo went to wage war in the Shire

Gandalf did die, he got up to the big boss and he sent him back with saruman's rank because he was the only istari doing his job,

The grey haven's is basically tolkien's metaphor for departing to heaven.
>>
>>389302257
>Where the hell Frodo and Gandalf went to after defeating Sauron. Did they go off to die somewhere? Are they coming back?
They went to Valinor. Gandalf took Frodo there because he was tainted by the ring. It's basically LOTR's version of heaven. Only elves are allowed there, and very few humans/other races can enter.

>What exactly happened with Gandalf getting a wardrobe change after defeating Balrog. Did he die? What the fuck is going on?
Basically, he became sort of a God.
>>
File: 1398579535054.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1398579535054.gif
8KB, 645x773px
>>389302949
>>
>>389302341
Yes Aragorn could have claimed the one ring and defeated Sauron

In doing so he would have become a tyrant ruling middle earth with an iron fist so terrible he would be no different from Sauron
>>
>>389302949
"It also goes some way to explaining why Shelob tried to eat Frodo in the Two Towers"

The fucking hell?
She's a spider, she was hungry, he got caught. She's not exactly a multi-faceted character

Then again everything in the first paragraph was bullshit, singling that out wasn't necessary.
>>
>>389302715
> a minor divinity

elaborate. Is he some half god or something?
>>
>>389296215
The only thing I see on the Xbox Marketplace/ PlayStation 4 Marketplace is the extra orcs and a weapon and that's only if you preorder it where's this other DLC you speak of?
Unless you count the "expansion" pack then you are right
>>
>>389303176
he's an angel, or thereabouts
>>
File: 1501668884756.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1501668884756.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
If you so much as touch this game, let alone buy it, you should be ashamed of yourself.
>generic, braindead Bamham/Asscreed gameplay
>terrible fanfiction plot
>Coldsteel-tier donut steel character
>turned Celebrimbor into an edgelord
>probably filled with QTEs like the first game
>WE WUZ DUNEDAINS N SHIET
>turning Shelob into a semen demon
>turned orcs into ridiculous cockney caricatures
>fucking lootboxes for a single player game
>using one of their dead employees to sell DLC
>$100 fucking dollar gold edition
And I know what you shills will say, what you'll parrot incessantly, as if it makes everything I just mentioned go away. "M-Muh nemesis system!" The nemesis system is the most overrated garbage gameplay mechanic in recent memory. This shit is about as compelling as the """dynamic""" relationships you form in Warriors Empires games (i.e. not very). At least those have neat little cutscenes where you see your character interact with their relations. All the nemesis system does is bring back the same randomly generated orc over and over, and each time he's slightly more annoying to kill. Oh, but he has unique dialogue (one or two lines) dependent on how you killed him, which is truly revolutionary given how many ways there are to kill enemies in this game (six). Whoop-dee-fucking-doo.
>>
>>389303074
Wait, so Frodo DID die?
>>
>>389303270
no, he gets to live forever. Non-elves who die go somewhere else.
>>
>>389302949
>it's important to understand that de Plater's approach to Shelob comes from an interpretation that she and Gollum are, in fact, the unsung heroes of The Lord of the Rings
What the fuck am I reading?

Shelob trying to eat Frodo wasn't part of some test that he failed or something she 'sensed', she's a big fucking spider and Hobbits are tasty.
>>
>>389302556
Where does this meme of Tom Bombadill being ultra strong come from? There is no indication he has power besides being able to resist the temptation of the ring fairly easily which I might add Sam was able to do as well.
>>
>>389303176
More akin to an Angel
A very powerful one at that, not quite archangel level but close.
Technically he and Gandalf are the same type of being, but Sauron had vastly more power than Gandalf to begin with and Sauron was capable of exerting all of it onto the world instead of being restrained to a guiding role like Gandalf
>>
>>389303354
>no, he gets to live forever.
But that's wrong
>>
>>389303270

It's like half metaphor
>>
>>389303127
I'm pretty sure Gandalf states that Aragorn's got the moral fortitude not to do that, but he didn't know for sure that Aragorn was that strong-willed so it was a risk he wasn't willing to take
>>
>>389303354
So....in LotR universe, heaven isn't the afterlife, it's more of a place you visit if you're super special or an elf? Damn, sucks to be a human in this universe
>>
File: 1477531282594.gif (501KB, 348x263px) Image search: [Google]
1477531282594.gif
501KB, 348x263px
>>389301246
Natives don't matter.

they had the time and resources to advance their civilization before we got here. they had the competition between tribes to spur growth and development.

instead they played around in the mud for a few thousand years never giving birth to a single genius or inventor. They might not have deserved the diseases that killed a whole lot of them.

but they sure as hell didn't deserve the land. they weren't capable of helping themselves or others. and now one of the most luxurious places to live is in their stead. The only things you deserve are the things you can defend others from taking.
>>
>>389303405
well it's never explained what happens to the non-elves who get to go to Valinor, but it's not a direct equivalent of heaven since mortals who die don't go there.
>>
>>389303441
Wrong
>>
>>389303370
Sam was able to resist the temptation of the ring, but even his will would have eroded eventually
Tom Bombadill simply was unaffected by the One Ring, he couldn't be tempted by it, nor could he use it's powers. To him it was but a shiny gold ring
>>
>>389303441
it's complicated
>>
>>389300464
Don't talk shit about Peter Jackson.
https://youtu.be/MfkHkdu5IEI
>>
>>389303437
Aragorn had the mental fortitude to resist the temptation to pick up the one ring and use it to defeat Sauron
However has Aragorn actually gone as far as claimed the ring he would have been beyond saving. As would Gandalf by the way, he recognizes this which is why he flat out refuses the ring when offered.
>>
>>389303610
Sounds like it. This shit is literally too deep for me. Don't think I'll ever read the books at this point
>>
>>389303531
Not to be rude but that still doesn't answer my question.
>>
File: Tom.jpg (148KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
Tom.jpg
148KB, 500x492px
>>389303370
I think Tom Bombadil was one of Tolkein's pet characters ported over from another story
>>
Here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxgsxaFWWHQ
>>
>>389303646
The Hobbit is literally a children's book, and most of the bullshit about angels and gods and heaven is confined to the Silmarillion, which isn't really a novel in the same sense as LOTR.
>>
>>389303502
I believe the way it's framed is that Bilbo, Frodo and Sam go there and live out their lives before dying and moving on to wherever the souls of men go (metaphysically hobbits are part of the races of men)
Their stay at Valinor is intended to purify them of the corruption of the one ring and a reward for their deeds but it is not permanent. To withhold the gift of Eru is considered the gravest punishment possible for any man and the Valar have only done it once.
>>
>>389294563
W E
E
>>
>>389303819
well that makes sense, I'll buy it
>>
>>389303231
>you should be ashamed of yourself.

Maybe if I invested as much of my life into LOTR as you have I would be. But to me LOTR is not a lifestyle, it's just some books I read in highschool.
>>
>>389303713
Tom Bombadill is the only being in the entire story that is 100% unaffected by the one ring in any way
that's why a lot of people mistake him as being more powerful than Sauron

which is not true, he simply is a strange spirit that can't be truly affected by things he doesn't care for, but if Sauron came and scorched his lands to the ground he would perish.
>>
>>389303441
Nah m8, it's really complicated but actually Humans get the better deal over Elves, who if they die are basically sent to a big hall wait in purgatory until a certain event.
It was mens rebellion against the 'gift' of mortality that sunk Numenour.
>>
>>389303489
So if the land belongs to whoever is willing to take it, I guess you must be alright with the changes happening now.
>>
>>389303983
t. sauron
>>
>>389303531
So what would happen if Dwarves used the ring? Supposedly they're strong willed enough to just ignore corruption from their own rings of power.
>>
>>389303638
Aragorn had the mental fortitude to kick Sauron out of a Palantir because fuck Sauron, he's Aragorn
>>
>>389304071
They would get corrupted, at a slower rate than humans and elves but slightly faster than hobbits
there's no being in all of middle earth that could use the ring and not be corrupted by it
>>
>>389294563
Everyone who cares about the lore already doesn't give a fuck about this game
Get butthurt queer
>>
>>389304042
Yes. Whites secretly long for their own destruction for some reason.
>>
File: blocks your tax.jpg (38KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
blocks your tax.jpg
38KB, 640x360px
>>389304134
>>389303638
>>389303437

But what was his tax policy?
>>
>>389304134
Because the Palantir was Aragorn's property, he was the rightful owner and that, in Tolkien's universe, holds a LOT of power.
Same thing is most decidedly NOT true for the one ring

It can't be used for good, if you're considering using it Sauron has already won.
>>
>>389304071
Just makes the greedier

The rings only really worked as-intended on Men. Sauron's plan wasn't all it was chalked up to be
>>
>>389304241
It's funny because we never learn the tax policies of Tywin or Cersei or the White Walkers either.
>>
>>389304369
the 7 directly led to the collapse of virtually all dwarven civilizations and their race being greatly diminished in numbers and powers

they did their work just fine
>>
>>389304437
Doesn't count, because Martin writes about REAL medieval times and shieeeet not fairy tale garbage like Token. See here:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2013/12/22/sorry-tolkien-not-father-fantasy/pljM6NOC54JmFaqY8bzNSI/story.html
>>
>>389294563
Shelob has nice feet.
>>
>>389304608

>real medieval times
>a medieval setting where everyone is being dicks to each other because they can

Its the /b/ of fantasy fiction.
>>
>>389304437
Tyrion's "Dwarf's Penny" was a tax policy
>>
>>389302403
Sam is a simple man, world domination doesn't catch his fancy.
>>
Name a more badass character than Feanor.
Fingolfin doesn't count
>>
>>389302257
>What the hell Sauron is supposed to be
He's a Maiar, an immortal that has existed since the dawn of creation. Middle Earth essentially has a polytheistic pantheon that was created by a monotheistic deity. It's organized as follows:
Eru Illuvatar (One True God and Creator) > Valar (Major deities that assist Eru Illuvatar in the creation and governing of existence) > Maiar (Minor deities that assist the Valar)
>Why Sauron loves Orcs so much
Orcs are elves that were twisted and corrupted by Morgoth (aka Melkor, aka Sauron's boss) and are inherently evil. How they've been bred since is something of a mystery, as Tolkien never really goes into it. Sauron doesn't only use orcs, though. In fact, he spent a lot of his career deceiving men, and there are a lot of men that answer his call and fight in his armies.
>Why all Orcs are evil
See above.
Gandalf is also a Maiar (the Balrog is too for that matter). He, along with Saruman and three others, known as the Istari (wizards) were sent by the King of the Valar, Manwe (think Zeus), to watch over Middle Earth. Each wizard as a color, that is essentially emblematic of their rank and power. Saruman the White was the leader of the Istari and the most powerful, while Gandalf the Grey was second. Gandalf's mortal guise was vanquished in his fight against the Balrog, and his spirit went back to Valinor. Manwe sent him back, this time more powerful, thus Gandalf the White.
The Undying Lands, Valinor. It's basically an Edenic paradise where the elves and Valar live.
Not sure what you're referring to.
>>
>>389304505
It didn't put them under Sauron's thrall, which was what he wanted if I remember right

Total destruction was more Shelob than Sauron
>>
>>389304712
>>a medieval setting where everyone is being dicks to each other because they can
that is pretty much real medieval times, tho
>>
>>389302257
>>389304930
>Who is Galadriel and whats with her powers. Is she like a super extra special elf or something?
An incredibly old elf, she's the grandaughter of Finwe, the first King of the Noldor, and was alive when the Noldor first came to Valinor. It's said that her beauty inspired Feanor's creation of the Silmarils, three gemstones that captured the light from the Two Trees of Valinor, Laurelin and Telperion, whose remains after they were destroyed were used to create the Sun and the Moon. These gems were basically the source of all conflict in Middle Earth. She also is in possession of one of the Three Elven Rings of Power, which are only outclassed by the One Ring.
>>
>>389304679
8 Legs
>>
>>389304971
it did weaken them to the point they could no longer properly resist Sauron's forces if it came to it

I'd call it a partial success
>>
>>389304780
>took an entire host of balrogs to kill him
>died so mad that his body disintegrated to ash from sheer rage
You're asking the impossible.
>>
>>389304930
>Manwe sent him back, this time more powerful, thus Gandalf the White.
I am sure it was Eru Illuvatar himself
>>
>>389305116
Fingolfin rode up to the gates of Morgoth's holding, forced him to come out and face him in single combat and managed to give him a permanent limp as a parting gift.
>>
File: seven vagina.png (51KB, 212x245px) Image search: [Google]
seven vagina.png
51KB, 212x245px
>>389305085
>>
>>389303925
Only three of my twelve points had anything to do with the lore, dumbfuck. That shit is just the diarrhetic icing on the turd. This game would be a fucking turd that you should be ashamed for so much as even considering playing even if it had nothing to do with Tolkein.
>>
File: 1483923393763.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483923393763.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>389301504
>>racism
>>
>>389305286
Yeah, you're right.
>>
File: Melian.jpg (129KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Melian.jpg
129KB, 400x600px
http://www.evanpalmercomics.com/ainulindale/
Pretty cool
>>
I cry everytime ;_;
>>
File: silmarils aint free.png (42KB, 813x520px) Image search: [Google]
silmarils aint free.png
42KB, 813x520px
>>389305296
>Fingolfin rode up to the gates of Morgoth's holding
Unchallenged. There's a reason Morgoth sent his entire army out to face Feanor while he sat cowering in Angband.
>>
>>389302949
I cant even imagine being such a fucking retard desperate for some sort of approval for advocating strong women in media that you take a fucking monster spider whose sole purpose was to be a threat to the hobbits, and in your personal fanfic tier videogame story that said spider despite no evidence supporting this in the source material at all, is in fact a benevolent, wise, major player in the story of an established work who can take the form of an attractive female and is a parallel to galadriel but also let herself get stabbed up by a fucking hobbit while in her spider form as a means of indirectly helping the hobbits thus making her key to their success
>>
>>389294563
>Muh Lore
kys you faggots. no one cares about it
I'm not being paid very much
>>
Might be just a rumour but the nignog gets his own dlc as a playable character in Desolation of Mordor

>crying about racism on a mongolian hamster trading forum
Diversify your organs with bleach, fags
>>
>>389306165
You're an idiot Maiar can shapeshift Sauron took the form of a wolf when he fought Huan
>>
>>389294563
>What the hell happened?
Some sort of loophole with the license let WB go full retard as long as they didn't use certain phrases.
>>
>>389304225
lol imagine caring about race lol
>>
>>389306425
I can't remember the last black protagonist that I enjoyed in a video-game other than CJ and Nwabudike Morgan
I didn't like the prat in ME3. I didn't like Heller, I preferred british boss to black boss in SR2, Pierce was lame,
>>
>>389306540
Yeah man. I don't understand why Jews cared about being exterminated. Also Native Americans can fuck right off.
>>
>>389294563
>le edgy racist we wuz meme
Can you retards even look at a single black person without this phrase spewing out like diarrhea?
>>
>>389302949
Mmm, yes, Shelob, whose mother Ungoliant tried to eat the most coveted items to ever exist, for no reason other than that she was a fat fucking cunt who wants nothing but to consume, clearly had the fate of Middle Earth in mind when she was trying to eat Frodo.
>>
>>389306951
Don't cry.
>>
>>389306448
Shelob is not a fucking Maiar
>>
>>389306951
Sure, when they're appropriate to the setting.

Putting a black man as the emperor of china would lead to "we wuz" though
>>
>>389306165
She's not Maiar. She's literally a giant fucking spider. Even Ungoliant wasn't Maiar, SHE was a horrific thing who even the Valar didn't know where she came from.

It is insane. All of this is insane. The Shadow of Mordor series should be destroyed.
>>
>>389306448
>Maiar can shapeshift

Shelob is one of the offspring of Ungoliant, who most definitely is not a Maiar.
>>
>>389294676
evolved from orcs
>>
>>389307214

There's no evolution in LotR, Tolkien was a Christcuck.
>>
>>389307205
>The Shadow of Mordor series should be destroyed
This
The only people who buy this abomination are normalfags and underage who don't care about lotr at all.
>>
>>389294679
This desu
Day 1 pirate
>>
>>389306448
>Shelob
>Maiar
And no, Maiar can't shapeshift all willy-nilly. Shapeshifting was a talent that was unique to Sauron, that he lost (at least partially) when Numenor was destroyed.
>>
>>389307337
Get fucked nerd. Go play LoTRO if you want MUH LORE autism.
>>
>>389307208
>>389307205
"The Umaiar spiders, a subspecies of Umaiar (and by extension a sub-subspecies of Maiar), which included Ungoliant."
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Spiders
Though Shelob's only half Umaiar.
>>
>>389306951
I don't give a fuck if I see a nigger in a modern setting. Blatant diversification quotas deserve all the racist we wuz memes that can be thrown at it.
>>
>>389307568

Yeah, this is complete shit. Don't refer to this ever again.
>>
>>389307005
>Ungoliant is WB coveting the LotR series for nothing more than cash
>>
>>389307670
How so and why not?
>>
>>389307524
I don't play any lotr game at all.
>>
>>389307396

Melkor could shapeshift. And Im pretty sure all the balrogs didnt start off as giant demon monsters. Theres no reason to believe shapeshifting was exclusive to Sauron. He just liked doing it more.
>>
>>389300867
>The single most respected and important piece of fantasy writing to ever be authored
>Fans are fags for being mad that it's being butchered by soulless, moneygrubbing CEOS
go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1486346106742.png (1MB, 945x853px) Image search: [Google]
1486346106742.png
1MB, 945x853px
>>389307568
>unsourced, uncited wiki article
lmfao

The only description Tolkein gave of Ungoliant's origin is that she came from the Void outside Arda. She's never described as an Ainur.
>>
>>389307829
>How so

Just from a quick glance I can tell it doesn't make sense.

If 'Umaiar' are corrupted Maiar spirits, then Ungoliant isn't a Umaiar, because she's a fucking eldritch being from outside creation. So when it says
>by extension a sub-subspecies of Maiar
that's a complete lie. The logic does not hold unless you take the term Umaiar to simply refer to all evil beings (in which case fucking orcs would also be Umaiar).
>>
>>389307568

Are you high. The silmarillion is explicit in saying that ungoliant crawled out of some shadowy void outside of the world.
>>
File: 1491790588104.png (9KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1491790588104.png
9KB, 271x288px
>>389297768
>troll-men
Oh fuck off with the Wookipedia-tier autism. Tolkien compares the countenance of them as being like trolsl. They're not literally ''troll men''.
>>
>>389307914
>Theres no reason to believe shapeshifting was exclusive to Sauron

But there's also no reason to think that Shelob possessed the capability.
>>
>>389307708
kek
>>
>>389305935
He was too good for this world.
>>
>>389308315

it was never stated she didn't and, being the offspring of an immensely powerful spirit, it's not unfeasible
>>
>>389308315

Shelob is a giant spider monster. Why would anyone think she/it could shapeshift?

>>389308454

In lotr the more evil you are, the uglier you look. Your inner self gets reflected as an outer image. When Sauron and Morgoth go evil, really beyond redemption they get locked into looking like evil overlords. Even if shelob wasnt a several thousand year old descendant of Ungoliant, and had powers shes never described having, shes not shape shifting into anything by virtue of being evil.
>>
>>389307914
No he couldn't. He's described as taking a "fairer form" to walk among the Elves in Valinor, but that doesn't necessarily imply shapeshifting. Not to mention he's a Valar, and the most powerful one at that, so I'm lost as to why you're bringing him up as a counter example.
>And Im pretty sure all the balrogs didnt start off as giant demon monsters
I'm pretty sure they didn't turn into giant demon monsters of their volition. Their appearance mirrors their dark, corrupted souls.
>Theres no reason to believe shapeshifting was exclusive to Sauron
There's no reason to believe anyone can shapeshift unless they're explicitly described as being capable of shapeshifting.
>>
File: 1503948047228.gif (1MB, 265x207px) Image search: [Google]
1503948047228.gif
1MB, 265x207px
>>389294563
Is that a real? They even put the nigger on the front cover of the game? Jesus christ.
>>
>>389308454
>it was never stated she didn't

It was never stated she didn't have laser vision either, but we understand that simply being 'magical' does not mean she can do whatever. The only time Ungoliant ever 'changed' shape was when she took the form of a spider as she entered the world. Other than that, there is absolutely no reason to think shapechanging was an ability either she or her offspring possessed.
>>
>>389307829
Seriously? You're citing a fucking fan wiki, and that's not even the good one.
>>
>>389297365
But they wuz n sheit
>>
File: 1393190117186.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1393190117186.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>>389294563

Who's that guy on the left?
>>
>>389294563
When will American game companies die? It's only them shoving niggers into their games
>>
>>389308718

I hope they give her laser vision too just to make you angry
>>
>>389308019
>implying any fantasy writing is important
>>
>>389308834
Ubisoft as well
>>
>>389308821
I think that's Shelob
>>
>>389308873
>>>/2ndgrade/
>>
>"diversity"
>microtransactions affect gameplay in a paid game
>milking a dead dev for more money
This game is waving so many red flags. I seriously hope this bombs in sales
>>
>>389308834
Take out the Canadian companies too. I'm tired of this
>MULTI-Cultural
>MULTI-Ethnic
bullshit
>>
>Liberals hate Tolkien
>So they change Tolkien to fit their deranged worldview and stick it to the white male

The days have gone down in the west
>>
File: 1502071970675.jpg (137KB, 1167x1071px) Image search: [Google]
1502071970675.jpg
137KB, 1167x1071px
>>389308290
I love how you're so desperate and insistent that niggers were present in LotR that you're willing to resort to arguing that a description was actually a racist caricature, while ignoring the existence of the similar half-orcs and goblin-men. I guess those were just Turks.
>>
>>389309315
if this was Liberals changing Tolkien to fit their world view, they wouldn't have changed Shelob from a spider into a hot chick
>>
File: 1470854718111.jpg (81KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1470854718111.jpg
81KB, 456x386px
Wait, what's the fucking spriggan chick on the left? It better not be entwife.
>>
File: 1494167092869.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494167092869.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>389309541
I love how you're desperate for an argument that you somehow think I'm a leftist trying to justify the nigger in the game. Literally what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>389309581
I don't even know anymore.
>Girl is hot: Empowering
>Girl is hot: Sexist
>>
>>389309315
https://youtu.be/FcPOv8lmEi8?t=3m11s
>>
>>389309806
everything about this game is design-by-committee garbage meant to appeal to and get the most money out of the broadest possible audience, i.e. the white male console audience who gobble up every dribble of semen that that drips from a AAA developer's cock
>>
>>389308986
Well Marx did influence a lot of people
>>
File: 1496186220452.jpg (228KB, 1363x837px) Image search: [Google]
1496186220452.jpg
228KB, 1363x837px
>>389309813
I can't watch this anymore because we are living right now in the age where the strength of men failed and we forsook all bonds of fellowship
>>
>>389294676
He's probably from Harondor. A desert land between hard and Gondor that Gondor owns/owned at one point.
>>
>>389309315
weren't no man what killed the Witch King in 1955
>>
>>389310119
>trying to escape Sauron's oppression
>gondorians keeping them from a better life with a giant wall
Disgusting.
>>
You niggers don't even know who Mike Forgey is and don't pretend you do either
>>
>>389310119
I know that feel bro
>>
>>389310349
who cares?
>>
File: 1438543922381.jpg (225KB, 1179x742px) Image search: [Google]
1438543922381.jpg
225KB, 1179x742px
>>389310119
>>
File: 1501446437050.png (228KB, 245x458px) Image search: [Google]
1501446437050.png
228KB, 245x458px
>>389308986
Most literature written before the 20th century is fantastical, dumbass.
>The Illiad
>The Odyssey
>Beowulf
>Journey to the West
>Die Nibelungenlied
>The Divine Comedy
>Paradise Lost
>Le Morte d'Arthur
>Alice in Wonderland
>Frankenstein
>The Picture of Dorian Grey
>half of Shakespeare's shit
>Hans Christian Andersen
>The Brothers Grimm
>>
>>389310449
Unironically me
>>
>>389310307
The prophecy of ''no man may hinder me'' wasn't a grrrrrrrrrrrl powa! moment, it was Greek tragedy irony.
>>
>>389309792
Why are you taking exception to "troll-men" then?
>>
>>389308821
>>389309027
That's Carnan, some nature spirit. They described her as Mordor's Tom Bombadil in the gameplay segment that had her in it, and Celebrimbor states in in-game dialogue that she "is nature itself".
>>
But the games are fun to fuck around with.
Even dyeing is enjoyable since you can hunt down your killer and he remembers you.
>>
>>389310585
If LOTR came out today, 4chan would shit all over it for that moment
>>
File: 1424313226557.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1424313226557.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>389310668
>They described her as Mordor's Tom Bombadil in the gameplay segment that had her in it, and Celebrimbor states in in-game dialogue that she "is nature itself".
It just keeps getting worse.
>>
>>389310585
When first read the book I thought it was actually a really weird prophecy, considering there are elves in the setting, and it didn't differentiate whether it was talking about men or Men.

Why wasn't the Bitch King worried that some badass elf warrior was gonna come along and waste him?
>>
The past few days I've been looking at different gameplay videos, so here's some info that might help anons make a decision

>Combat
Animations are an exact copy-paste, maybe even slower. They barely showcased any new powers which is a worrying sign.

>Strongholds
Same as the last game: climbing over multiple structures to assassinate a target, but this time the bosses (orcs) are in thronerooms.

>Cutscenes
Expect most of the character interaction to be like the last game. As in you run up to a character, the cutscene happens, and spits you out in the open world again.

>Graphics
A huge downgrade, which I don't know how they managed considering they moved from brown to more brown. I know it's Mordor but games have handled gritty world spaces with different palettes. Also AA is fucked.

That's about all I gleamed. Some of it may be wrong, but all WB games go on sale pretty fast anyways.

As for the expansion passes: avoid them. I have all the Shadow of Mordor ones and they were a complete rip off.
>>
>>389310742
If LotR came out today, that scene probably would have been politically motivated. I can see the Salon headlines now.
>>
>>389310119
Orcs are the millitary industrial complex

Tolkien was a WWI vet who was horrified at what he saw Total War do to men and the land

This is just another way that Shadow of Mordor gets everything wrong, Orcs are treated like weird tribal barbarians with a lot of individual personality when they're nothing but hateful monsters who care nothing for life or beauty, that's the Dang Point
>>
>>389294563
My problem is that I give 0 fucks about it being Tolkien and I just legit enjoyed the last game for being an open world asscreed hack and slasher hybrid thing.
>>
>>389311046
Kill yourself
>>
File: 1501100468361.jpg (47KB, 405x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501100468361.jpg
47KB, 405x270px
>>389310742
>unfalsifiable hypothetical scenario
But no, we wouldn't. /v/ doesn't have a problem with female characters, look at how much /v/ loves female characters in Japanese games or older western games. /v/ just doesn't like female characters that are obviously pushing an agenda down their throats, and considering that Eowyn is the only female character that actually does something, I doubt it would be construed as such.
>>
>>389310668
>They described her as Mordor's Tom Bombadil
Bright blue her jacket is, and her boots are yellow?
>>
>>389311275
>wow what the fuck is this, a woman fighting in medieval Europe-ish? How unrealistic
>WOOOOOOOWWWW SHE KILLED THE BIG BADASS VILLAIN WHO JUST KILLED HER UNCLE AND GAVE THE SUPER SAIYAN WIZARD TROUBLE ALL BY HERSELF LMAO GRRRRRL POWAH
>>
>>389311275
You have way too high an opinion of /v/. There's no way the people here would be able to see it as anything other than pushing an agenda.
>>
File: IMG_1745.png (207KB, 403x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1745.png
207KB, 403x562px
>>389294563
> Giant Spider? Tits and ass, now!
> Tree Person? Give it tits, ass, and a pretty lady-face, now!
>>
>>389311558
Heterosexuality was a mistake
>>
File: 1503009172860.png (129KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
1503009172860.png
129KB, 600x378px
>>389311479
>wow what the fuck is this, a woman fighting in medieval Europe-ish? How unrealistic
This is literally fucking plotpoint of LotR though. She disguises herself as a man so she can go to war because they tell her ass to get back to the kitchen.
>>
>>389311672
yet if you listen to /v/ and 4chan in general, that literally never happened in real life
>>
File: 1461378241270.gif (1MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
1461378241270.gif
1MB, 300x159px
>>389311479
>>389311527
>DUDE IT WOULD TOTALLY BE LIKE THIS
>I BASE THIS ON NOTHING BUT MY OWN BIASES AND WARPED MISCONCEPTIONS, BUT IT'S TOTALLY HOW IT WOULD GO DOWN
>AND YOU CAN'T PROVE ME WRONG BECAUSE THIS SCENARIO WAS BORN IN MY RECTUM
>>
>>389311807
you really think too much of this place
>>
File: dimorphism_UDUx161.jpg (219KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
dimorphism_UDUx161.jpg
219KB, 760x596px
>>389311667
THEY'RE ALL PERVERTS!
>>
>>389311807
you're talking about a place that literally could not stop spamming WE whenever a black person existed in any context that wasn't "slave"
>>
>>389311745
Oh my fucking god, go grind your political axe somewhere else you fucking faggot. No one cares about your opinion on what /v/'s opinion of your stupid hypothetical scenario would be.
>>
>>389311745
If you're trying to argue that women on the battlefield was anything more than a statistical anomaly, I'm going to have to stop you right there for being retarded. No one is going to deny historical accounts of women warriors though.
>>
Fun fact, pre-industrial societies were -ALL- racially homogenous (meaning their whole population was 95% or more one race). Any film, book, or video game which depicts otherwise is completely unrealistic, and should be disregarded. Slavery is not an exception; the vast majority of slave owners through out history had slaves of their own race, mostly due to how spread out races were prior to the 1700's.
>>
>>389294563
are the movies good? I watched the first one the other day and it was pretty fun, was thinking of watching the other five but haven't gotten round to them yet
>>
>>389312153
lord of the rings is pretty great, hobbit fucks up a lot. maybe try one of the fan edits that combines it into one or two films
>>
>>389311936
That's because 90% of theses instances is historical revisionism, which the WE WUZ meme was specifically made for to mock.
>>
>>389312153
Lord of the Rings is great

Hobbit is nearly unrivaled dogshit
>>
>>389312261
>>389312276
should I skip Hobbit then? they take place before Lord of the Rings, wouldn't I miss anything?
>>
>>389312374
just read the book
>>
>>389312414
I don't like reading
>>
>>389311856
>>389311936
It's not about whether you're right or wrong (since you can't be either), it's that no one fucking cares. Why even bring this up? You're fucking concocting a made-up scenario where /v/ does something you disapprove of, just so you can bitch about it. Why? What purpose does that serve, other than to illustrate what an obnoxious, passive-aggressive little bitch you are? If you hate /v/ so damn much, why don't you go back to neogaf or reddit or tumblr or whatever unfortunate hole you crawled out of? Fuck off.
>>
>>389310931
From what I've seen, there are a ton of new powers.
>Chain-executions and stealth
>You can grab Orcs from far away
>You can beat them into submission from far away
>You can shoot bows mid-air
>Double Jump
>And you can slice off Orc limbs
>The new ultimate is like a better version of the One Ring Power from the DLC
>Probably more they didn't show

Also customize your look.
>>
The first game was already an abomination, it's slightly more entertaining if they go even more full retard than the last game.
>>
>>389312470
stop being such a fuck up
>>
>>389311558
>> Giant Spider? Tits and ass, now!
You don't know? Shelob was a central protagonist of Lord of the Rings. You know, the ravenous all-consuming spider daughter of an Eldritch abomination that Evil itself feared, that was on negotiable terms with fucking Sauron himself, considering she made her lair just outside of his territory? The one that was about 5 seconds from swallowing Frodo alive after she fucking paralyzed him?
Yeah bro, she's one of the biggest heroes, she made sure Frodo kept going towards Mt. Doom. Her heroism is second only to Gollum's sacrifice to destroy the ring.
It made me physically ill typing that. God this game better have good gameplay, because I don't trust these people with Middle Earth at all.
>>
>>389312374
Don't watch The Hobbit. It's literally Star Wars prequel-tier. There's nothing in the plot that's relevant to the events in LotR.
>>
>>389302013
Underrated
>>
>>389310306
Do you really think he has a backstory? He's just the token black guy
>>
Does Middle Earth even have black people?
>>
File: Hehehe.jpg (363KB, 458x644px) Image search: [Google]
Hehehe.jpg
363KB, 458x644px
>>389299486
>>389299795
>>389300252
>We care about Lore rape guys!!!
>The Skipping of Chapters and other information that should have been implemented in the first movie
>0 threads
>>The Hobbit Movies being the most rushed LOTR schlock of all time
>0 Threads
>>Making Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, ect. older than 14 at best
>0 Threads
>>The terrible CG of the Battle of the 5 armies and the poorly done battle with missed scenes and other
>0 Threads
>>The Fact that in both Trilogies there was only 1 race of Elves and barely any real dwarves
>0 Threads
>>The First game was also a shitty LOTR story in general and played like a Asscreed Hack n Slash
>2 Threads
>>Black guy in LOTR
>1,036 Threads

Uhuh, this is totally about """"Lore rape"""" not just another Nigger hate thread, ((at night)) by ((((/pol/)))).
>>
>>389312563
>this game better have good gameplay
I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed
>>
>>389312470
Get an audio book. Or just stop being a child.
>>
>>389312497
triggered
>>
>>389312686
I think you're only seeing what you want you to see
>>
File: 1481587857405.png (148KB, 1236x433px) Image search: [Google]
1481587857405.png
148KB, 1236x433px
>>389312686
Because the original Shadow of Mordor was praised.
>0 threads
We have Hobbit hate threads multiple times a week on /tv/. You goddamn faggot.
>>
SINGLE
PLAYER
PAID
LOOT
BOXES

I cant post how retarded this is enough
>>
File: 1446083920853.png (4KB, 303x243px) Image search: [Google]
1446083920853.png
4KB, 303x243px
>>389312524
>>389312768
>>389312567
got it thanks
>>
>>389294563
Still waiting for a good game to copy Nemesis system. It was literally the only good thing about this pile of garbage
>>
>>389312270
>>>>>historical revisionism

Yeah, i know, we got fucking games with Lizards, dragons, Wizards, Vampires, werewolfs, fucking Robots, mechs, Gods, Dietys, Warlocks, Other shit.

1 Black guy?
Call the FBI. The Liberals are lynching me in my house, literally being opressed
>>
>>389312860
>Because the original Shadow of Mordor was praised
Unture the game itself was dogshit and we had hundreds of threads laughing at how bad the gameplay was and how you beat FUCKING SAURON in a QTE at the end of the game.

The only notable thing about the game was people making up their own bullshit nemesis stories.
>>
>>389294676
He's the tolkien black guy
>>
>>389294563
>kang in a LOTR game
are you fucking kidding me?
>>
Is Shadow of Mordor good? I only watched the first movie and don't know anything about Lord of the Rings. I like Bamham and Ass Creed.
>>
>>389312985
Lad, I was being sarcastic. Look at the pic related.
>>
>>389313052
forgot to mention it's like 4 bucks
>>
File: 1496014462166.jpg (122KB, 750x963px) Image search: [Google]
1496014462166.jpg
122KB, 750x963px
>>389294563
>>
>>389312985
how can one anon be so clueless
>>
>>389312686
>The Skipping of Chapters and other information that should have been implemented in the first movie
>0 threads
>0 Threads
>>Making Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, ect. older than 14 at best
>0 Threads
>>The terrible CG of the Battle of the 5 armies and the poorly done battle with missed scenes and other
>0 Threads
>>The Fact that in both Trilogies there was only 1 race of Elves and barely any real dwarves
>0 Threads
Probably because this is a board for video games, retard. Why the fuck would there be threads about the movies? /tv/ shits on Hackson plenty, especially the Hobbit.
>The First game was also a shitty LOTR story in general and played like a Asscreed Hack n Slash
>2 Threads
This is just blatantly false. People bitched about the first game plenty, this just makes me assume that you're some dipshit from neogaf who wasn't around when it was released.
>Black guy in LOTR
>1,036 Threads
I've seen way more threads dedicated to Shelob than the random nigger.
>>
>>389313052
It's a bloody slaughter of a thousand Orcs.
Here's an execution video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U--2AUzX9-U&t=372s
>>
>>389312991
youre a good guy
>>
>>389312985
m8 he was being sarcastic.
>>
>>389312985
>>The only notable thing about the game was people making up their own bullshit nemesis stories.
>Implying I could make up having to kill this fucking low level captain FOUR TIMES
I swear I decapitated him the second time, but the bastard still came back.
>>389313137
>>389313052
For $4 fuck yeah dude. It's a bit more Bamham than AC, but the Nemesis system provides a bit of its own entertainment, especially later on.
>>
>>389313121
>>389313158
>>389313268
I am not a clever man
>>
>>389312978
>fantastical elements in a story means the setting is a free for all with no rules
>>
>>389312270
>why would a game set in the eastern part of Middle-Earth, bordering the lands of the East filled with Easterlings and Southrons, have a dark-skinned major character?!

I'm not sure if you understand this yet, but Middle-Earth wasn't just pre-pre-pre-medieval England. It was an enormous part of Europe stretching close to where Russia would be.
>>
>>389312781
Yeah, I'm triggered. Not the ones fantasizing about shit /v/ might say to get angry about. Idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (334KB, 880x1174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
334KB, 880x1174px
Can we stop pretending that LotR is some sacred thing that's being profaned?
It's the Wonderbread of fantasy.
>>
>>389313207
>>389313272
Do I need to watch the movies first
>>
>>389313353
>BLACK PEOPLE CAN'T EXIST IN THIS FANTASY WORLD BECAUSE I SAY SO
>>
>>389313396
Moron.
>>
File: here let me kill you.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
here let me kill you.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>>389294563
>dindu on lotr
>>
>>389313440
Honestly, no.
It tells you enough information in the pause menu to understand the basics

>t. someone who has never watched the movies or read the book
>>
>>389313396
that's Forgotten Realms
>>
File: 1.gif (127KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
127KB, 960x560px
>>389313169
>/tv/ shits on Hackson plenty
no they don't, that place is so infested with /pol/ they praised both of those Trilogies because it was all white.

>Probably because this is a board for video games, retard. Why the fuck would there be threads about the movies?

Are you new? we've had LOTR threads like this since 2011. they always talked about the movie and the Books too.

>I've seen way more threads dedicated to Shelob than the random nigger

no you haven't, literally could count 20 circlejerks to her and hundreds of threads with him doing WE WUZ and shit.
>>
>>389313396
>It's the Wonderbread of fantasy
That's because it fucking invented the genre, nigger.
>>
>>389313440
Not really. It takes place between the trilogies, and at most you'd miss out on some of the words, on top of the super big twist.
>>
>>389313446
blacks and arabs literally joined forces with sauron.
>>
>>389313446
Tolkien said so. You know, with the fact that there are no black people in his setting. And stop making this specifically about the nigger, when every single aspect of this game's plot is cancer.
>>
File: 37182737973279.png (30KB, 142x154px) Image search: [Google]
37182737973279.png
30KB, 142x154px
>>389313495
>>389313573
thanks friendos
>>
>>389313614
Damn, that """burn""" was so cheesy i expected this to be a line on "That 60s show"
>>
>>389313614
whites did too

his top generals are all a bunch of white dudes
>>
File: 1497568258274.jpg (82KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1497568258274.jpg
82KB, 600x791px
>>389313526
>>>/tv/87220631
>>
>>389313645
>And stop making this specifically about the nigger

Ironic
>>
>>389313753
1/236 Threads? wew
>>
File: 1504050829436.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1504050829436.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
>>389294823
>"the lore" universe
>raping said lore
Make your own fucking setting dipshit.
>>
>>389313858
/tv/ might be a cancer-riddled shithole more concerned with pre-teen actress feet and pushing the hot new meme, but they have alright taste in movies
>>
>>389313614
You are absolutely correct. So why is it impossible for a character from the south or east to be working against Sauron?
>>
File: 1501508208100.jpg (185KB, 1238x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501508208100.jpg
185KB, 1238x1080px
>>389313526
>that place is so infested with /pol/ they praised both of those Trilogies because it was all white.
lmao it could not be anymore obvious that you aren't from around here. /tv/ had multiple threads shitting on the Hobbit because there were some nigger extras in some of the Laketown scenes, so I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about.
>Are you new? we've had LOTR threads like this since 2011. they always talked about the movie and the Books too.
No, but you very clearly are. People have been shitting on the Hobbit movies since they came out.
>no you haven't, literally could count 20 circlejerks to her and hundreds of threads with him doing WE WUZ and shit.
Now you're just lying. I've seen maybe a handful of WE WUZ threads dedicated to this game, whereas Shelob comes up in every thread about it.
>>
>>389313858
>/tv/ doesn't criticize the hobbit
>they do
>n-not enough
>>
>>389313550
Being a trend-setter doesn't make you a good writer, friend.
>>
>>389313645
Tolkien just said all the black people live somewhere other than where LotR directly took place, as I recall.
>>389313614
So did some of the Elves. In fact, most of his army is Elves.
>>
>>389314078
>it's another "orcs are a corruption of elves, thus orcs are literally elves" poster

Are trolls made out of wood, too?
>>
>>389313954
there's nothing alright about a board that unironically defends zach "it would be super hot it batman got raped in prison" snyder.
>>
File: 1503184488631.png (43KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1503184488631.png
43KB, 2000x2000px
Will probably pirate it because it looks interesting, but as sure as hell ain't gonna give my money to some fucking jews that are ruining LOTR's lore by introducing WE WUZ characters.
>>
>>389313645
Tolkien used the term swarthy to describe the Southrons and Easterlings, I'm sure you can imagine black people at least being from Harad.
>>
>>389313858
Are you intentionally being obtuse?

The fact that there was a thread a few days ago dedicated to shitting on the Hobbit movies, which finished years ago now, pretty much destroys your little narrative.

If you really care, search "Hackson" in /tv/'s archive and see how long it goes. You'll get more than your fill.
>>
>>389314078
>Tolkien just said all the black people live somewhere other than where LotR directly took place, as I recall.
Yeah, just like how blacks are in Africa and not wandering around Europe en mass 10 centuries ago.
>So did some of the Elves. In fact, most of his army is Elves.
Orcs being corrupted elves is just one theory of many that Tolkien had and could never decide on. It mentioned in The Silmarillion is just speculation on the elves' part.
>>
>>389313614
Harondor is also a thing, it's not farfetched to imagine blacks working for Gondor.
>>
>>389314156
that's part of trying to push the hot new meme
>>
>>389313446
*because Tolkein said so
>>
>>389314265
>Yeah, just like how blacks are in Africa and not wandering around Europe en mass 10 centuries ago.

More like 1 century ago.
>>
>>389314141
It's literally stated Trolls were made from stone by Morgoth as an imitation of Ents.
>>
>>389314000
>lmao it could not be anymore obvious that you aren't from around here. /tv/ had multiple threads shitting on the Hobbit because there were some nigger extras in some of the Laketown scenes, so I'm not sure what the fuck you're talking about

1. nice trips
2. Your second sentence proved my point. thanks

>No, but you very clearly are. People have been shitting on the Hobbit movies since they came out.
? Ok? i've already know people shit on these movies, thats not my point

>Now you're just lying. I've seen maybe a handful of WE WUZ threads dedicated to this game, whereas Shelob comes up in every thread about it.
Then you haven't been in that many threads then.
>>
>>389314265
>one guy is en masse now
>>
>>389314265
Times change
>>
>>389314265

To be fair its hard to imagine where else orcs came from. Morgoth could only twist life into mockery of Erus creation, but he couldn't make life outright himself. The secret fire was always beyond him. So if not elves, where else would orcs have come from?
>>
>>389301232
>>389301587
literally this

it's not like there isn't any AA weapons in the LOTR universe, the only reason dragons are such a problem is because of their scales, AND THEY STILL get shot out of the sky.

That's not even taking into consideration any of the magical bullshit Sauron could pull.

A few big birds would be fucked.
>>
>>389314453
Think of the logistics of Sauron's canon fodder being elves. Especially in the 3rd age when there were practically none left in middle-earth.
>>
File: 2013-11-01_00003.jpg (489KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-01_00003.jpg
489KB, 1920x1080px
>>389301232
>>
>>389310742
They will make aragorn black.
>>
>>389314224
Swarthy means olive-skinned, retard. They're fucking Mongols and Arabs, not niggers.
>>
>>389314560

An even simpler answer to the stupid eagle taxi question is to point out that the Ring would just corrupt the eagle. Then youve got an invisible bird fucking around with the ring and good luck ever catching it.
>>
>>389314453
Corrupted men would work.

Tolkien flip flopped on Orcs a lot.
>>
>>389314684
Swarthy means dark skinned, that's an open interpretation of just how dark.
>>
>>389314756

Men didnt show up into being until near the middle to the end of the 1st age. Orcs are described as coming into being shortly after the elves awakening by their lake but before Orome discovers them and talks most Elves into heading west to valinor. So orcs can't descend from men because they didnt exist at that point.
>>
>>389314418
>Your second sentence proved my point.
No it didn't. You said that they "praised both of those Trilogies because it was all white". That very clearly was not the case, and you're very clearly talking out of your ass.
>thats not my point
Then what is it?
>>
>>389314698
I think the birds would be too big to fit into the volcano anyway, so the idea is to have Frodo just hop off the eagle and run in and throw the ring into the magma.

Still a dumb "plothole" to bring up though.
>>
>>389314626
>>389314756
It's possible that Orc women do exist, and the secret to the immense number of Orcs to Elves is simply that the females were twisted into breeding cows that can pump out quick-growing babies 24/7.
That said, that's immense Magical Realm territory that Tolkien likely would have never approached.
>>
>>389315020

It misses the point regardless. The plan to destroy the ring was always doomed to fail. No mortal or even immortal creature (except Tom Bombadil I guess ) had the willpower to willingly throw the ring into the lava. God himself intervenes in the books and basically pushes Gollum.
>>
>>389315226
No Anon, Gollum was actually super willful and knew it had to be done, so he bit off Frodo's finger and flung himself into the lava with the Ring as a heroic sacrifice.
Gollum was the real hero.
>>
>>389315163
Yeah, I don't believe corrupting new beings into orcs is how they perpetuated. Morgoth could corrupt not create but that doesn't mean female whatevers that turned into orcs couldn't reproduce with male orcs and continue the species.
>>
Yeah the lore rape is shitty but the awful batman combat is worse. That shit is fucking awful,
>>
File: 1499044341380.png (6KB, 269x335px) Image search: [Google]
1499044341380.png
6KB, 269x335px
>>389315163
>the females were twisted into breeding cows that can pump out quick-growing babies 24/7.
>>
>>389315547
Bruh that's like /tg/ 102. Don't get me started about Elf Ears.
>>
>>389315628
Well now I have to know.
>>
>>389301232
People who bring this shit up are the biggest brainlets ever.

People act as if this is some obvious solution, but even if you ignore the motivations of the eagles, and the fact that the issue at hand here wasn't time or convenience, but secrecy, how the fuck would they have reached the Eagles in the first place? Would they have climbed the unscaleable cliffs to reach their eyrie at the top of the Misty Mountains? Would they have just waited for their irregular correspondence with someone, then asked? Would they have tried to track down that loony Radagast, who seems to be the only one capable of communicating with the eagles at his own convenience? Would they have lit a signal flare and hoped for the best?
>>
>>389315702
There's two ways to go about it.
One is that elf ears are super sensitive due to a concentration of nerve ending, thus massaging them can have a multitude of effects, including erotic ones.
Another possibility is that the Elven reproductive system starts with the throat, and they evolved the ears as handlebars for baby making. Another fun part of that thought process is that male elves have cum that tastes like chocolate.
>>
>>389315706
most people who ask it have only seen the movies where it seems like Gandalf can just ring them up whenever
>>
>>389315959
Elf women truly are the best.
>>
File: 1504380142699.png (496KB, 1000x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1504380142699.png
496KB, 1000x1467px
>>389316140
You got no idea.
>>
>>389300335
Aragorn lived for 210 years. Which is long lived but not long as some of his ancestors. They lived to be 800+. Non royalty use to live to 500.
>>
>>389317083
How long would Aragorns and Arwens children live?
>>
>>389317205
4 hours
>>
>>389317205
Probably 800+ years
>>
>>389300335
That's like 30 in Dunedain years.
>>389317205
Not any longer than Aragorn himself. Elvendom is waning, Arwen is already a half-Elf and by choosing to wed Aragorn chose to become mortal herself.
>>
>>389301232
Wouldn't have done anything considering how it all ended. Let's skip all the Nazgul and ballistas and orcs. The hobbits get to Mt. Doom and once inside, the ring would turn Frodo against the plan to destroy the ring. Now Sauron has them in his palms. The only way to destroy the ring was to introduce the element of greed and jealousy into the equation.
>>
>>389317806
What's really sad about Arwen choosing to become mortal is that Elrond will never ever see his daughter again. If Elrond somehow dies, his soul would go to the halls of Mandos waiting to be reborn. Arwens soul would move beyond the reach of the Valar,
>>
>>389302257

fucking newfag doesn't even know the facts. Read The Silmarillion before you sound like a fat fuck up you scrote.
>>
>>389319118
anon he states pretty clearly he hasn't read any of the books
>>
>>389318641
His brother chose to become mortal. I'm sure his daughter would sting more, but he's probably used to it and at peace with it.
>>
>>389318641
Isn't it said that all races will be present again on the last day?
>>
>>389299418
i don't like /pol/ on /v/ but that OP image... c'mon, it's laughable. make black guy video games if you want black people in them. it's not that hard. the "i'd like to see a black guy in a video game" market is much bigger that "games about black people" apparently. that or the jews.
>>
>>389302257
This shit was by far the worst addition to the movie. The Hobbit films fucking sucked, and the original plot was butchered so hard they had to introduce this bullshit, made-up plot device to explain Thorin's explicit change of character.
He was an asshole in the books, but it wasn't because of some spooky dragon bullshit, it was because he was a fucking asshole.
And DO NOT get me started on the White Orc.
Fuck those movies.
>>
>>389319315
Turin's coming back to rip Morgoth a new one at least.
>>
>>389303370
Did you read it?
Nigger punches through walls and fucking boxes undead
>>
>>389319937
Turin is the edgemaster of all edgemasters.
>>
>>389302715
>Why all Orcs are evil
Weren't they men/elves that were tortured & broken for a very long time by Melkor in the fortresses of Utumno and Angband?
All the future orcs don't share the same tragic past as the first orcs, I think they just breed like rabbits and pass on their savagery characteristics to the newly born orcs.
>>
File: 1504564813094.jpg (1MB, 2261x2076px) Image search: [Google]
1504564813094.jpg
1MB, 2261x2076px
>>389302949
what
>>
>>389320062
Not really.
>>
>>389297437

Thank god the Back to The future creator said he's never remaking or selling the right.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.