[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to burn some games for PS2 but is it better to use DVD -R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: dvd-creator.png (58KB, 246x254px) Image search: [Google]
dvd-creator.png
58KB, 246x254px
Want to burn some games for PS2 but is it better to use DVD -R or DVD +R and what brands should I definitely avoid? Using a slim.
>>
>>389291221
dvd + r don't use cheap shit but desu senpai you should be using hdloader
>>
>>389291428
isn't that quite glitchy with games?
>>
>>389291221
DVD+R is better but -r might have slightly wider compatibility.
>>
>>389292091
How is +R better than?
>>
>>389292126
Better error correction.
>>
>>389292185
Okay, but what would be the best for PS2? I'm going to burn a lot
>>
>>389292347
Try a test with a +r. If it works, use those.
>>
>>389292609
I already burned a few with +R some work better than others I'm not sure if it is the brand or -/+R thing
>>
Don't burn your games just use freemcboot and ubs and if you have a fat PS2 just get a network adapter and a 3,5 IDE hdd with 120 GB and use that for incredibly fast loading times. Burning your games will brake the laser lens of your disk drive incredibly fast. Heck that thing will brake even without using burned games at all. If you need instructions I might be willing to help a little bit.
>>
>>389292947
Lot of games are glitchy throught it, besides I have a slim not a fat.
>>
>>389292947
>Burning your games will brake the laser lens of your disk drive incredibly fast. Heck that thing will brake even without using burned games at all
this is bull
>>
>>389293075
Only fmws with the usb option, bc usb 1.0 is too slow for fmw streaming at full speed without stuttering. With an IDE hdd games are barely glitchy and if they are there is an option to emulate disk drive speed to get rid of it. Allthough compatibility is only 98%. Guess I won't be playing a wonderful Life since it will get stuck at the splash screens. Nonetheless like you said hdd isn't an option since you have a slim, but i'd still go with usb if you don't play games that have a lot of prerendered cutscenes in them since the slim was produced with way cheaper parts and the disk drive laser lense usually brakes even faster and is of worse quality. For example My fat will read scratched games just fine as long as they aren't too scratched, but my slim usually will go red. If I were you I would run games with no fmws like GTA via USB and games with fmws via burned dvd since there is no way around it on the slim.
>>
>>389293998
I AM going to play a lot of games, which use FMV.
>>
>>389293818
Please shut up if you don't know what you are talking about. That has been an issue since Sega fucking Saturn.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-think-my-modded-ps2-has-stopped-reading-burned-discs.209386/
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/my-burned-ps2-games-have-begun-failing.453556205/
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/my-burned-ps2-games-have-begun-failing.453556205/

While this links only talk about "my burned games have stopped working" it usually does not take a lot of time until the console stops reading retail games as well since the laser is pretty much dead at this point.

Some ways to get around it is to adjust your lasers once they go bad, upping the voltage of the laser, wich will deteriorate it even faster.

Disk drives with burned games ususally go bad after around a hundred hours. I can tell you bc I used to swap disk drives on many consoles. If your ps2 was already very used it would brake a lot faster since the laser was already worn. The rule is that the cheaper the disk you use the faster the disk drive will break, but even using high end verbatim dvds will break your console considerably faster. That's bc retail games are way more reflective than self burned once. The auto regulator of the drive will usually up the laser strength so it can read the cd, wich will result in the laser being strained far more quickly.
>>
>>389292947
Not him but my friend a few years back installed mcfreeboot on my memory card, can it work?
>>
>>389295167
*work with USB
>>
>>389294684
Did you even read those threads? Besides forums is there any ACTUAL evidence that it DOES?

>>389295167
Sure
>>
>>389295237
Yes should work just fine. I'd update freemcboot first though. And like I said before if you are trying to play FMW heavy games it's gonna be a pain since vids will stop every 5 secs to catch up. Load times will be very slightly slower too, but you'll be fine.

Here is a vid on how to update freemcboot. This guy does decent tutorials even though they are just stolen from sites like gbatemp etc.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrvFDuGMUwM

And here is a vid how to set up USB playback by the same guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yai2wviUWTc
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.