[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you hoping for in Borderlands 3? All I want is for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: borderlands 3.jpg (355KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
borderlands 3.jpg
355KB, 1280x720px
What are you hoping for in Borderlands 3?

All I want is for them to tone down the memery and SJW writing. Considering Anthony Burch left Gearbox I'm sure that's a safe bet.

How BADASS do you think it will be?
>>
File: 1492293095130.jpg (304KB, 1657x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1492293095130.jpg
304KB, 1657x1112px
Go back to something more like BL1's weapon generation
>>
>How BADASS do you think it will be?
Ultra badass.

Will gearbox add more than one active ability per class? because most classes are boring as fuck to play.
>>
>>389289529
I dunno but since Burch is gone I just really hope the writing isn't garbage. The only thing I couldn't stand about 2 was just how fucking unapologetically bad the writing and story was.
>>
>>389289529
Nothing. I hate borderlands with a passion
>>
Burch was only part of the problem. The game will be another embarrassing cringe fest.
>>
>>389289624
I cant be bothered to read all that, but I do remember every gun feeling much more unique in BL1

I think 2 made up for it by having each orange or higher tier weapon being much different from one another though. Conference call, infinity and flakker are all nothing alike for example.
>>
I dont think BL3 is even coming. They would have at least mentioned it by now if not a teaser even.
>>
>>389290152
They've hinted at it tons of times. That screenshot was pretty much confirmed to be BL3 and Randy said at PAX "90% of Gearbox is working on that thing you want the most"
>>
>>389290469
Battleborn 2?
>>
>>389290152
Wasn't there a BL3 tech demo at some conference recently?
>>
>>389289529
I just want the tales storyline to tie into it, and a shit ton of dlc like 2
>>
>>389289529
Revamped systems and mechanics. The grinding and open-world meme are not fun.
>>
>>389289529
Writing:
Seriously tone down on the wackyness, especially memes, pop culture references and LOLSORANDOM stuff. Remove Claptrap altogether, I don't care if he's intentionally annoying - I could tolerate him in BL1 but he was fucking unbearable in the second game.
Gameplay:
Tone down the numbers. I haven't played that much of BL2 (I beat the base game and 1-2 of the DLCs, probably hit 50+) but the numbers became absolutely crazy real fast. I don't doubt that it becomes harder for the devs to balance larger numbers but it's also less fun for the players, at least in my opinion. Going from 1000 to 1300 damage in BL1 seemed more significant than going from 50000 to 100000 damage in BL2.

Change the weapon manufacturer system, the old one was better. This time around it seemed like some manufacturers were geared towards certain classes/builds, so you could get a drop that you just knew right away wasn't even worth looking at because it was the wrong manufacturer.
>>
>>389289529
a complete flop leaving randy penniless after the landwhale files for divorce, taking her fortune, the house and their kid
>>
>>389289529
Gearbox going bankrupt.
>>
>>389290915
This. I dont think they can survive another flop.
>>
>>389289529
>a simple story that even Gearbox can't ruin
>more weapon manufacturers (bringing back S&S munition, etc.)
>making Pandora a dusty hellhole again
>including all levels in the main game, no lvl expansion DLC bullshit
>remove slag
>making Claptrap less annoying again
>>
>>389289529
>All I want is for them to tone down the memery and SJW writing
it would take something like that for me to even start caring about this franchise again
>>
>>389291045
gearbox maybe but I've heard randy's wife is from some rich family so the divorce is needed to put him on the street
>>
>>389289529
so BADASS it wont exist

borderlands is shit
>>
All I want is good shooting, fun guns and hot chicks with blue hair.
>>
>More control over weapon modding instead of RNG on top of RNG, even if it comes at a high price
>More freedom of weapon choices for each manufacturer
>Further customization and possible multiple skill options for each character rather than just boring stat increases
>Better scaling for coop so players can join others no matter how far they are in the game without steamrolling
>Follow up on TPS by having less focus on stupid True Mega Ultra Ultimate Vault Hunter Modes that kill you in one hit unless you have a perfect minmaxed skill setup and legendaries
>Make weapons that aren't legendaries still viable in their own way and not replaced every level during the leveling process
>Separate arena style matches from the main game, but allow players to still earn gear from them all the same. Make them easier to queue into with others or with matchmaking.
>Don't throw in PvP because then you'll end up having to split balancing between the two and it just never works out in online games
>>
File: 1489939015227.jpg (15KB, 459x293px) Image search: [Google]
1489939015227.jpg
15KB, 459x293px
>>389290469
They said "We're working on it" every single time Borderlands 3 comes up with no other news about it.
Would a progress report or a fucking screenshot be too much to ask?
>>
>Another one or two active abilities per class.
>The ability to skip intro cutscenes.
>Fix the pacing.
>Don't use Pre-sequel level design.
>Have some abilities consume ammo. That will give the zillion ammo drops more value.
>>
>>389291107
God I miss S&S and Atlas
>>
>>389291237
>hot chicks with blue hair.
Krieg, please
>>
>>389289529
crafting materials

go full on diablo/path of exile but in fps form

a decent graphics upgrade
>>
>>389291910
I would fucking love to find components to guns and put together my own fucking guns. At first they could be shoddy and with flaws/some stat or functionality issues, but I'd appreciate a system wherein over time your gun crafting ability gets better, eventually removing all chances for a shoddy gun to be made. So basically, we get into gun-making like the fucking Bandits, but obviously get better at it than they do because we aren't morons.

Although some would argue we're still morons for buying BL3 in the first place, so fuck it.
>>
I want a qtp2t like Gaige or a slightly aged up Tina.
Do this very simple thing and you will get my money.
>>
Better balanced everything, the characters in BL2 and TPS all had one or two viable builds that relied on massive amounts of grinding to get the best weapons.
Get rid of bullet sponges, instead of everything getting more health in co-op there should just be more enemies.
More weapon classes, instead of finding an assault rifle that shoots grenades just have grenade launchers as a new weapon
Dedicated melee weapons
Unfuck weapons manufacturers, every company should make every style of gun, they are allowed to be bad at some if that fits the image (a Jackobs SMG would likely be shit, for example)
Just un-nerf Dahl in general, they had great guns in BL1 and we pure trash in BL2
Don't bring back Handsome Jack, Tiny Tina or Claptrap, they will but they really shouldn't.
>>
File: 1503355635642.png (4KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
1503355635642.png
4KB, 164x202px
>>389292239
>more Tina
>>
If they could somehow go back to the feeling of BL1 that'd be ideal

>Space merc/cowboy on a planet gone mad
>Only in it for the loot
>Enemies are insane, the protags are even crazier

BL2:
>We gotsa rebll guis
>We're a bunch of self righteous pricks!
>>
File: 14632893870010.jpg (326KB, 1341x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14632893870010.jpg
326KB, 1341x1000px
>>389292239

>Gaige
My friend of african american descent
>>
File: Athena_AM.png (498KB, 534x696px) Image search: [Google]
Athena_AM.png
498KB, 534x696px
>>389291876
If liking those makes my a psycho, call me King of the Poop Train Conductors.
>>
File: 224.jpg (29KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
224.jpg
29KB, 398x398px
>>389289529
randy "badassery" cancer is just as bad as burch writing
>>
>>389291107
Just fucking play Borderlands 1 again
>>
All the manufacturers that BL1 and BL2 had+some more, newer weapon types that stand out, perhaps have tha activated ability do certain things depending on what skill tree you've put stuff into
>>
>>389289720
Krieg was unironically some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game
>>
>>389292573
The heart wants what the heart wants.
>>
>>389293521
I currently do, anon. I still want BL3 to be more than BL1 though
>>
Jack doppelganger as one of the default vault hunters.
>>
>>389289624
I don't get the point of the second post. It's taking a unique quest reward item and assuming it would have had more variation in the first game instead of just comparing a normal weapon from both games.
>>
I'd like for the progress of my own game not be affected by jumping into a co-op game.
If not a full open world then larger areas.
A world and hubs that actually feel alive instead of just collecting quest and leaving with no reason to ever come back.
>>
>>389293507
>he's doing it to make "badass" Gearbox's trademark
>legally trademarks "badass"
>sues anyone that ever uses "badass"
>uses funds to make Battleborn 2
>>
>>389289529
Playable hot girls. The siren better be.
>>
File: All down from here.jpg (10KB, 181x253px) Image search: [Google]
All down from here.jpg
10KB, 181x253px
>More listen to claptrap speak for ten minutes before the door opens quests
>More characters who only say one line, without fail as you pass them
>Trump references
>Main villain is literally Trump's head attached to the leviathan from borderlands 1
>Dabbing
>3/4 characters are "diverse", the last is a genderqueer robot dinosaur unicorn
>2 of the characters abilities don't do anything to bosses
>The womans lines include Yass queen sslaayy
>Claptrap refers to the game continuously as Memelands 3 throughout the game
>guns double in stats each level
>trash literally everywhere, even worse than borderlands 1, so much trash
>guns come in 3 body shapes, and 3 colours mixed and match like legos, no real difference between them other than the element
>legendaries have drop rates as low as 1/100000
>super mega insane ultra mother badass tier normal enemies that take years to kill
>even more annoying drone enemies that fly around with regenerating shields
>slag is mandatory beyond the first playthrough to do even a slither of damage to an enemy, the dinosaur unicorn is the only character able to hold two guns at once
>only way to do damage beyond first playthrough is to wear a specific shield and weapon combination
>enemies now actively run away in fight for your life mode
>scooter returns
>randy pitchford character that constantly fails to be funny and does stuff like staring into the camera and winking and appearing in quests needlessly
>>
File: 1504365133245.png (88KB, 236x270px) Image search: [Google]
1504365133245.png
88KB, 236x270px
>inb4 Mordecai and Brick are a gay couple in an attempt for the game to be more PC
>>
For the love of fucking christ, go back to linear health and damage scaling.
>>
>>389289529
Heavy Guns. For a game all about guns for the sake of guns it's scared of giving you anything bigger than an AR. Launchers a shit.

I'm taking about drum-fed chainsaw grip miniguns. Big fucking mining beam lasers. Shoulder-mounted anti-tank weapons and cannons.
>>
Instead of just having a gun part be tied to a particular brand (ARs can have a Vladof barrel or a Dahl barrel, etc.) make it so each brand has their own variety of parts which are tied to their own guns. A Torgue gun can have a Torgue accuracy barrel, a Torgue damage barrel, etc. I'm so sick of finding good SMGs with that ugly Bandit buttstock.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.