[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were your thoughts on Hotline Miami 1 and 2? Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: hotlineboxart.jpg (1009KB, 1310x939px) Image search: [Google]
hotlineboxart.jpg
1009KB, 1310x939px
What were your thoughts on Hotline Miami 1 and 2? Discuss the franchise here
>>
Both were great games, but I liked 2 a little better.
Best track is The Rumble
>>
>>389289363
i just beat death wish
>that tony stage
hardest one so far
>>
good
The fanbase and memes that came out of it are shit though
>>
guns weren't necessary and discouraged in the first game. masks allowed diff playstyles.

2nd game had shitty character quirks and the levels were all made of glass so guns were very necessary unless you corner baited.. you couldn't speedrun levels with melee like the first game without guns.
>>
>>389289363
1 was amazing
2 was great
fanbase got annoying and some people started shitposting about 2 because of the story and characters.
>>
>>389289363
I absolutely loved the first one. 100% that shit. Hotline Miami 2 was godawful trash. Never paid money for a game again after I preordered that steaming shit. The best part of 2 was the end because every motherfucker died in a flame that could only be compared to my anger for that game.
>>
>>389289363
>mfw the pain of going through each hm1 stage and getting a S rank
>doing it again in hm2
>doing it again in hm2 hard mode then give up and settle for A
Either way, both are equally great for me. I understand what frustrates people with 2. like the more open levels, less variety of masks, and worse story. The tighter controls and the inclusion of hard mode made the game better for me though.
>>
>>389289363
good games but Le Aethestic vaporwave meme loving faggot teenagers ruined them
>>
File: 1478626443852.gif (918KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478626443852.gif
918KB, 800x1000px
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NIGGA
HOTLINE MIAMI THREEEEEEEEEAD
>>
>>389289363
1 was 10/10 fun. 2 was way over the top and focused more on guns and planning instead of just going with the flow.
>>
>>389293231
Yeah but the level editor and custom campaigns still make it a worth buying even if you hated the base game
>>
>got all S ranks on all hardmode levels
>can't play the game anymore and enjoy it
Why did I do this to myself
>>
>>389293580
Already got done putting up with it by the time the level editor came out.
>>
File: chicken.jpg (1MB, 1092x1556px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
1MB, 1092x1556px
Hearing Dennis talk about how they went about making Hotline Miami 2 and why is interesting.
https://youtu.be/f2-clpBMQ5U?t=8m23s
>>
I'm really torn which was better. 2 had far superior gameplay, but 1 had that fucking story and style. I think I gotta go with 1 overall, absolute classic
>>
>>389289363
both are good but have shitty level design

also 2 is bit more fun

playing the first one after 2 feels like a childs play

i liked 2 but the game needs check points after beating one floor cos it's really annoying going back after it takes 30 min to get through one floor
>>
They're both great, 2 was much better designed overall though.
>>
hotline miami 2 is like a 6 season remake of a classic twelve episode show
>>
Hotline miami 2 story was good though idk why everyone is bashing it I didn't 100% love the Evan Wright storyline but other than that I liked it
>>
>>389295140
so true it felt pointless

just a character that doesn't use guns
>>
>>389295232
Yeah but it gives a change to the entire feel of the ultra violent gameplay like that one level in the hospital from HM1
>>
>>389295345
i kind of enjoyed the evan levels cos it felt different

it was hard it's didn't really bring anything new it just made you play in a stelth way

would have been fun if they let you play the game as him
>>
Does anyone have the Hotline Miami WILDLIFE comics?
>>
What are the best custom campaigns
>>
>>389297302
>Hunter: Snowfall
>Blessed: Redux
>Born Again
>Don't Fear the Reefer
You can always look at the top rated levels on the workshop if you want more, but I recommend those 4 for now.
>>
>>389293314
This
>>
>>389293314
I actually never seen this first hand. Care to show an example?
>>
>>389294369
lmao all the people asking questions sounded so beta.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.