[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be better if in an alternate universe vidya publishers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1428886661096.png (526KB, 496x811px) Image search: [Google]
1428886661096.png
526KB, 496x811px
Would it be better if in an alternate universe vidya publishers are run by creative types, rather than the suits or do you see heartless business types as necessary evil?
>>
>>389289334
I'd say games would have more heart and vision but would ultimately fall flat on promises and be unfinished, but a lot of games in recent years have been both of those things with suits at their head. For all the shit people give to Peter Molyneux he has a lot of unrealistic vision but damn it he tries
>>
Business men are the people who keep things in order (except in the west).
When Kojewma and Keiji Inafune were working under a executive rule they made good games
>>
>>389289334
What? Obviously you'd need the suits because ''creative types'' fuck everything up if they don't have a boss that actually guides them along.
>>
>>389289674
Also that Platinum hack that is bald (he made Bayomeme) I forgot his name. After he opened that shit company everything went downhill. He should have stayed working at Capcom
I think it's Kamyia or Kamiya his name
>>
>>389289334
I say a necessary evil. Would I like the head of a company to be a down to earth man who I could call up on the weekend and drink with? Yes, but at the same time, if I were to work with a guy like that I know that he would not be too reliable in a pinch/ would not be able to handle the duties of a boss.
>>
You need them both. In an ideal world, the suits keep the devs from straying too far from the goal so the product is delivered on time and at the expected quality. The devs push the envelope and try to get away with as much as possible and try to push the suits' demands.
If you let the creative types have control the game ends up in development hell and you end up with a ton of unrealized ideas that just tease the player.
If you only the suits have their way, we would have nothing but micro transaction, mass-produced phone games because the graphs say that's where the profits are.
Every great game that has ever been released was a combination of a good creative team and a competent producer.
>>
File: h42.jpg (12KB, 476x350px) Image search: [Google]
h42.jpg
12KB, 476x350px
>>389289334
>tfw creative types are just retarded with money and that was proved over and over again by well intentioned crowdfunding projects

>>389289818
> After he opened that shit company everything went downhill
like what? platinum works under large publishers anyway and they are know to do a lot with microscopic budgets
they are pretty much the opposite of "idea guys with money" we are talking here
>>
There is no such thing as creative genius
They should be treated as slave workers.
When ''artists'' receive freedom they do degenerate thing
Kurt Cobain was a semi-degenerate when he needed money so he made good music. Once he got rich his artistic freedom produced degeneracy
Same with every other musician
This applies to these hacks as well. Neil (((Druckmann))) is another example of a hack who was not total degenerate when he needed to prove himself worth
>>
>>389290425
Platinum is the worst japanese company at the moment
I'm not saying this to get (yous). I buy games from CH (Idea Factory) and I find them better polished and more fun to play (like you would play SNES classic titles) than the 16 hour cinematic trash 2 hour gameplay they produce
And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? the very definition of shovelware. I've played free to play chinese games better than that.
>>
Another example: the guy behind Shadow of the Colossus. Once he thought he was a genius and an artist he left capcom to produce mobile shovelware
Since 2006 he made nothing but garbage and blogposting.
These hacks need to be under executive rule or they are nothing but Mighty No.9 reproducers
>>
>>389290425
if you ask me, you should have a game demo that plays for at least 20 mins if you want to crowdfund a video game of any sort on kickstarter or indiegogo
>>
*left Sony
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.