[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All these cunts wanting Atlus to bring him back Are you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 19

File: y4g2CKg.jpg (27KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
y4g2CKg.jpg
27KB, 640x368px
>All these cunts wanting Atlus to bring him back

Are you fucking kidding me? What about MEMENTO MORI? Literally the entire fucking point of the game. Minato's body is rotting six feet under, he's not coming back. If Elizabeth ever were to free him from the Great Seal, she would be breaking the chains so that he could ascend to the afterlife. There's absolutely no reason why he would return to Iwatodai or anything like that.

If you want Atlus to change or alter any part of the story, fuck you. But ESPECIALLY fuck anyone here who wants to bring him back.
>>
Who cares money lol
>>
>>389283358
I really respected that he wasn't playable in the fighting games.
>>
>>389283358
lmao its just a game u fag
>>
File: 1444253881079.jpg (48KB, 410x416px) Image search: [Google]
1444253881079.jpg
48KB, 410x416px
>>389283584
>>389283872
>Jewlus
>>
Canon game with Elizabeth when?
>>
>>389283358

Isn't the Persona 3 cast into their 20s now? He'd be completely out of context if he returned.
>>
>>389284075
This, it's been a decade they moved on with their lives. I've only been out of high school for five years wouldn't care if someone from my class died.
>>
>>389284075
Mitsuru and others are in their mid 20s. If anything, if he were to come back (hopefully not) you'd expect something like pic related.

>>389284357
Except the S.E.E.S crew structured their adult lives around him. They decided to live their lives to the fullest in order to ease his burden, they'll never forget him and I presume he's a recurring happy thought in their minds. The bond between him and everyone else would be just as strong as the day he died, especially Aigis.

>>389284057

This. If Atlus has to milk Persona 3 one last time, put Elizabeth in the spotlight. Margaret would've been right all along if she were to return to the Velvet Room as a guest. You want more Door-kun? This is the only acceptable way. Anything else would be butchering the story and even then, Atlus would have to be careful with a plot like this.
>>
Minato was shit protag and I'm glad he's dead.
>>
>>389285660
t. Chad Narukami
>>
File: doorkun.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
doorkun.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>389283358
How are they going to justify DMN? There has to be some sort of reason why he's dancing.
>>
>>389283358
hopefully the dancing game happens concurrently with persona 3 instead of after, or its just his spirit or something
>>
>>389286939
"It's just a dream, before he died"
>>
>>389286939
>>389287161
P3DMN doesn't have a story mode.
>>
File: boi.jpg (25KB, 274x337px) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
25KB, 274x337px
>>389287395
They can't just pull that shit off without some sort of reason.
>>
>>389287614
The game will have a story, it's just that story mode will be replaced with a different mode that focuses on interactions between characters
>>
P3's "You gotta die" message is bullshit anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Where in the game does it actually tell you that he's gotta die? If anything, the whole game is presenting a scenario in which you resist the inevitable death of everyone, and refuse to accept that it is inevitable. Ryoji says "You can't do shit, but go ahead and try", and you do. You don't give up, you try, showing more of an idea that you aren't going to accept death, you'll spit in it's face while resisting it. Then you go and die at the end anyway.

The point is, you wouldn't really be shitting on P3's story by bringing him back, because they didn't set up the themes that you need to accept death well enough.
>>
>>389287957
The point is to do what you can with the time you have. The enemy "ideology" I guess, is people who have just given up, accepted death, and do nothing because they know they'll die.
>>
Reminder he's going to wake up 1000 years later with aigis and Elizabeth.

Probably in aigis lap again.
>>
File: 1504315057348.png (75KB, 581x330px) Image search: [Google]
1504315057348.png
75KB, 581x330px
>>389288237
That would be horribly depressing.
Someone greentext this.
>>
>>389287957
>Where in the game does it actually tell you that he's gotta die?
Are you serious?

This has to be the stupidest question I have ever seen in my entire life.
P3 hits you with this so much around every corner that I honestly.think you are pretending to be retarded.

Even people who have not played the game know the theme of deaths inevitability so it can't be that you didn't play it.

Like memento mori alone is enough.
Christ
>>
>Bring him back
>Kill him off again almost immediately after his return
Problem solved
>>
>>389288562
It's even funnier that he won't remember. The time between like he closed his eyes and finds himself in the exact same position.

The friends that missed his death by were seconds are now gone by 1000 years.

Seriously the implications of the ending was the darkest shit ever.
Like something taken straight from a Greek tragedy.
>>
File: asspussies.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
asspussies.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>389288237
>1000 years later

His body would not last that long
>>
>>389283358
Do you think the brainded waifufags that make up the Persona fanbase care
>>
>>389288797
>Like something taken straight from a Greek tragedy.
>Tartarus
Geez, you tell me.
>>
>>389288608
Please enlighten me, fucker. Sure it says Memento Mori, and is that it? You say around every corner, but where actually does it say it? It doesn't even subtly hint at it, not that that would be enough. It gives more of a message that you can stop death, it isn't inevitable, but you still die anyway.

And no, just saying Memento Mori is not enough, they could say any Greek phrase and it wouldn't matter if they didn't actually follow up on it enough.
>>
>Killed himself fighting nyx
A regular SMT protag or even Tatsuya or Maya from P2 would of succeeded
>>
>>389289340
>Tatsuya
>not ruining everything he touches
>>
>>389283358
>If Elizabeth ever were to free him from the Great Seal, she would be breaking the chains so that he could ascend to the afterlife.

That's perfectly fine.

He's not dead at the moment. The whole point of it the game was that people were going to die - the only ones that did were Strega, Hat boy, and the betraying asshole.

He needs to get undoored so he can actually die in peace.
>>
>>389289004
Elizabeth keeps him in a freezer and occasionally takes him out for motivation.
>>
>>389287395
It doesn't have story mode but it does have a story

>Today’s issue of Weekly Famitsu included a spread on the upcoming duo of games by Atlus Persona 5 Dancing Star Night and Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night.

>The article includes quite a few details on the game, that will be similar to Persona 4: Dancing all Light in its gameplay structure, but will also include improvements and new elements. One of those elements is a new mode that will work as a replacement of Story Mode from the previous game. That said, there will still be a story, and it’ll include both serious and more light-hearted elements.

>The PS4 version of the games will run at 60 frames per second, but that won’t apply to the PS Vita version.

http://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-dancing-star-night-persona-3-dancing-moon-night-screenshots/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
>>
>>389289335
Every slink
Every party members past
The fucking evoked
The personas he gets
His inner demon
His tragic past
How litterally everything revolves around accepting death
How the final villain feeds off fear and is the personification of the fear of death

I'm serious they hot you over the head with this shit.
>>
>>389289335
There's lots of foreshadowing that he was going to die, but as for *why* he has to die it has to do with the contract he signed at the start of the game. It basically said that he has to take responsibility for his actions and for his actions of going against the will of humanity and death itself he had to pay the ultimate price
>>
>>389289335
Jesus christ I hate you.

There's 3 on screen deaths, two of which (Strega's and Akihiko's lover) characters discuss as being inevitable several times. Likewise with Yukari's dad.

The creepy child says that your time together will end several times.

Igor references that you have to make do with the time that you have because it will eventually end, and he does so several times.

And then there's the side characters that die throughout the game, while referencing that they won't be seeing you anymore.

Fuck, even one of the movies that you see at the film festival goes through the same shit.

Chidori actually waking up was so shocking precisely BECAUSE everyone else that was close to death was just straight up dying and there was no saving them.

They hammer that death is inevitable everywhere into the game, and not only is there no indication that you're a special case and you get to avoid it, but several plot heavy characters keep mentioning that your time will eventually end.

I fucking hope you didn't play the game and you're just pretending to be a mouthbreather (you're still a mouthbreather either way though)
>>
File: JbXl1rF.png (55KB, 367x360px) Image search: [Google]
JbXl1rF.png
55KB, 367x360px
>>389289335
>>
>>389288797
>Like something taken straight from a Greek tragedy.

>Tartarus
>Nyx
>Erebus
>Orpheus

You don't say.
>>
File: 1479878347777.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1479878347777.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>389288237
Just imagine that.

Waking up to the sight of a rusted and decaying Aigis, the damage of a 1000 years seeping into her metallic body. Yet she's still the same person, having gone possible centuries without upgrades or equipment from the defunct Kirijo Group. Having seen all of her friends, your friends fall one by one to the inevitable death. Yet she lives on. Elizabeth, as fresh as the day you closed your eyes. Yet she's 1000 years older.

Imagine the city, Tatsumi Port Island will have probably been reclaimed by the sea. If Minato were to wake up on Gekkoukan, it would be a rotting husk of its former self, slowly being eroded by the seawater.

Then you walk along the ruined train bridge to what's left of Iwatodai to run off with both of them.

Holy shit.
>>
>>389286939
>>389287385
>>389287395
>>389287614
>>389287838
>>389289730

Does no one remember they just did this shit with Persona Q?

It's just going to either erase itself from everyone's memories, or there's literally just going to have a been a dance contest that the game didn't mention and we get to see it.
>>
>>389290549
>Yet she's 1000 years older.

Elizabeth's already lived for tens of millennia - an extra thousand years or so don't mean much to her.
>>
>>389290549
>no strange journey game with an mc cameo and his journey after waking up
>>
>>389290549

Would this be happy end or true end?
>>
>>389290783
True end.

Question is though, what would Aigis and Elizabeth do further in the future when he passes away for good?
>>
What if he replaced Igor as the master of the Velvet Room? Or came back in some other supernatural capacity that still leaves him dead as a doornail?

More than haivng him back, I want to see Elizabeth succeed.
>>
I hope they bring him back, give him a happy ending and ruin everything good about p3.
You faggots deserve it.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
2MB, 1200x675px
>>389291085
Imagine the final boss fight. Fuck.
TAKE MY MONEY ATLUS.
IF YOU'RE GONNA MILK IT, DO THIS.
>>
>>389289840
>>389289840
I haven't done every single slink in the game, but of the ones I did complete you help the people in it get over some problem and overall improve their lives. Instead of wallowing in their failure, they get over it. This doesn't speak of accepting death.

Every party member has some shitty past, yeah. And during the game they develop as character and look forward to the future, meaning they aren't going to let the past tie them down. How does this speak of accepting death?

Evokers are edgy, and might represent something, but without surrounding context can just be interpreted as you needing some kind of stress to bring out your persona. This is a maybe.

You get tons of different personas, or do you mean the few main personas that the game gives you? Because the ones that the game intends you get are Orpheus, who represents doubt and sacrifice, Thanatos, who represents death, but is also Ryoji who went to fuse with Nyx so is sort of part of what you want to defeat, and Messiah, who represents death and rebirth. If anything, you can take it that you'd be fine to bring him back, since Messiah represents rebirth after death.

His "Inner Demon", Ryoji, who was a personification of death, leaves him and fucks off to be the villain. As Ryoji, he's okay with you not letting everyone die, and as the villain, he's the fucking villain so he's trying to kill everyone (and you stop him).

The final villain is also just supposed to be the personification of death, not the fear of it. And the story has you defeat it, so that has more of a theme of not just fucking dying, doesn't it? Then you go and die anyway.

"Everything" does not revolve around accepting death. It revolves more around moving past it.
>>
File: birb2.jpg (26KB, 480x444px) Image search: [Google]
birb2.jpg
26KB, 480x444px
>P6 story is loss of love and freedom through adulthood
>Igor dies halfway into P6
>Doorkun takes over as Velvet Room keeper
>Persona 5.5 releases
>Liz is the Wild Card
>Adventure with Theo and Marg
>Hunt down Philemon to prove Doorkun deserves freedom
>>
P3's last battle and ending are one of the best things to happen to video games
and this is coming from someone who build their first PC back in 1992

sure, it's cliche, teenagers saving the world, but holy fuck is it executed well
>>
>>389291085
>What if he replaced Igor as the master of the Velvet Room
that's what people were predicting for P5
>>
>>389291517
Which they probably should've done because what they did instead was embarassing and terrible.
>>
>>389291393
Seyx birb...
>>
>>389286939
>character models already remade
>persona models already done because of P5
>locations being remade
>all of this in HD nonetheless
We're getting a remake, there's no way all of this would be done for JUST the dancing game.
>>
>>389291435
It was power of friendship that was actually a well developed and foreshadowed plot device
>>
>Door-kun dies
>Elizabeth resigns from the Velvet Room to attempt to free him from the Great Seal
>Entire game revolves around Elizabeth going around, fucking shit up and crushing everything that stands in her path
>After some time, she eventually comes before the Great Seal

Holy shit YES
>>
>>389292540
Well in Arena she just one-shots Erebus every now and then apparently.
>>
>>389288797
Imagine if it were closer to ten years, and instead of dying, the P3 girls were all cakes.
>>
>>389290093
Strega dying because they have a huge boner for killing everyone is not really representative of anything. If you mean the deaths being inevitable because of the drugs, that can be taken as more of a plot device that is intended to invoke some feeling in the player, and keep you going. It doesn't really tie in to anything to do with your own mortality, but paints the Kinjiro corporation as more villainous, which is supposed to increase your understanding of the villain.

Ryoji says that your time together will end. Then he leaves you, to become the villain. Ok? He was sealed in your body, so he's gotta leave sometime.

Igor telling you you're gonna die is somewhat reasonable as foreshadowing, although with the other themes of getting past death could be taken to mean that you just aren't going to be able to visit the velvet room anymore or whatever.

The 1 slink character that dies has a horrible genetic disease that will kill him. Still, he writes a book on life, then later his mom comes and says that she'll move past his death, and keep on living. Not an especially great indicator.

Chidori waking up doesn't fit your point.

Yes, there is no indicator that you are special...besides you both being the main character, and being told you're special the whole game. There is no indicator you aren't going to die, but there isn't a whole lot that says you must die at the end.
>>
Minato is revived 10,000 years later and is the protagonist of SMT 5
>>
File: 1485242812324.gif (70KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1485242812324.gif
70KB, 500x438px
>>389293813
I believe you mean SMT 5 Dancing All Night
>>
>>389284057
i wanna put my dick in her hand
>>
>>389294778
Imagine the confusion on her face if he did that before the door closed for like another 100 years.
>>
File: toasts.png (282KB, 1024x878px) Image search: [Google]
toasts.png
282KB, 1024x878px
Oh I can't wait to see her dance...
>>
>>389283358
I just wanted P3 Dancing to be a literal retelling of P3's story but with dance battles replacing the standard battle system.
>>
>>389287957
The moment you sign the contract in the beginning it's heavily implied the consequences are your death.
>>
>>389283358
>Not realizing that atlus only pays people to post bringing him back on the internet to continue an almost deceased fanbase of a semi-decent game they released a decade ago.

Persona is a dead franchise
>>
>>389297197
It simply states that your actions have consequences, and you have to take responsibility for them. It could imply that you will die, but it could also imply that you will simply need to think about the choices you make. There is no guarantee that you die.
>>
File: 1275700962973.jpg (876KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1275700962973.jpg
876KB, 1200x900px
>>389289340
Minato:
>power of friendship only delays his own death
>friends don't even remember him until after he dies
>spends eternity being a cockblocking doorstop, not even allowed to enter his rest
Yuu:
>power of friendship allows him to beat a creation god
>also allows him to bring back his friends that died helping him
>no one forgets
Maybe if Minato wasn't such an antisocial faggot, he'd still be around banging sloots too.
>>
>>389297653
What other consequences would be fit enough for someone who goes against the embodiment of death
>>
>>389298236
You are sort of right. I guess the story just doesn't actually bring attention to it enough. It's a bit tacked on in the end, seeing as how no actual actions-consequences thing happens anywhere except the very end.
>>
File: p3mc velvet room.png (266KB, 700x513px) Image search: [Google]
p3mc velvet room.png
266KB, 700x513px
>>389283358
>>
>>389298783
It's sort of brought up with Chidori and Shinji deaths. Shinji tries running away from the fact that he killed someone's mother and in the end he dies protecting the son of said mother. Chidori defies death by reviving Junpei but ends up loses her own life force in doing so.
>>
>Gain reality's debug mode
>Choose to block a door with your soul

Minato was not a clever man.
>>
>>389299595
It just means that a miracle isn't enough to stop people's yearning for death.
>>
>>389299213
I mean in terms of the player. No choice you make actually matters, and they sort of stop mentioning the contract towards the end of the game IIRC.

Shinji owns up before he dies, but Strega kills him before we get to see any kind of result of this. Chidori I'll sort of give you, but in FES she gets revived and one of the devs even stated that was canon (in reference to the arena games, where Junpei has a necklace Chidori gives him after P3 is over).
>>
he should be brought back just to die again
>>
File: 3dgayworld.jpg (46KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
3dgayworld.jpg
46KB, 600x471px
Persona 3 seriously has the shittiest plot ever.
>>
>>389298070
Being possessed by Death could a factor here
>>
>>389299902
Yes. The characters are fun though.
>>
>>389299902
>Plot
>Persona
Found the problem
>>
>>389299835
I guess your right that it's not really shown gameplay-wise but I don't think that really matters.

>Shinji owns up before he dies
See the thing is that he was already going to die either way whether Strega killed him or not. The moment he took the pills to suppress his Persona after the accident his fate was sealed. He just chose make his death mean something by saving Ken

>Junpei has a necklace Chidori gives him after P3 is over
The only thing the dev states is that the necklace is the same type Chidori would wear. It's never stated when he got it. Why the reason why he doesn't wear it during the main game was because the necklace wasn't a thing at the time. Also the Answer implies she died, so at most her death is left ambiguous
>>
>>389301106
Do you have a link to the interview with the dev? All the information I've heard says that Chidori sent the necklace, so I'd like to read the original interview.

As for whether or not it's shown gameplay wise, I'd argue it really matters quite a bit, because without showing it there is little reason to believe you must die. Sure the start of the story implies it, but it doesn't stay consistent with it, does it?
>>
>>389283358
I think that FES should not be canon
>>
>>389301895
>>389301106
Ok, actually, this is the only info.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/03/persona-stalker-club-episode-8-thoughts-theories-persona-5/

It's stated that Junpei got the necklace from Chidori. You are right that it doesn't say when he got it, but considering how Junpei is supposed to really like her and he doesn't wear the necklace during P3, it can be assumed he received it after P3. In addition, Junpei and Chidori only really get together while she is still in the hospital, so she has no opportunity to buy the necklace before she dies, so she must have bought it afterwards.

Of course, in the Answer it is implied that she dies, but then implications are not hard truths, are they. It would be better if they just came out and said things, but I guess people like to be vague.
>>
>>389299902
b-but I like NGE
>>
Remembering all the feels from P3 makes P5 all the more disappointing.
>>
>>389301895
I think It was in one of the Persona Stalker Club episodes. I don't know which one and I'm too much of a lazy asshole to search through them again

Personally I wouldn't take anything about the gameplay to heart since the gameplay also consists taking turns with the enemy in attacking. Story wise however you are shown examples of others who accept their fate before the protagonist does so himself. Maybe the game doesn't do a good job of showing it but that's how I interpreted anyway
>>
>>389302887
It was pretty obvious Ryuji didn't die but what they did with Morgana was fucking stupid.
>>
>>389303193
But as covered here,
>>389293636
>>389291362
A lot of the people you encounter are shown to move on or fight when it comes to death. There is a progression past it, instead of an acceptance of it. It makes the game feel more like it's about looking to the future, whatever might come, not accepting an inevitable demise.
>>
>>389283747
>P4AU the god makes shadows of the cast to fuck with them mentally
>doesn't make a shadow makoto or shadow shinji

Really dropped the ball there
>>
>>389289659

Elizabeth is such a good waifu.
>>
File: 1503946700634.gif (891KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1503946700634.gif
891KB, 432x432px
So just so you guys know I am calling it now. If I were analyze this, Nyx is the embodiments of everyone's desire to reach the end of their journey through life right? The key word here is desire. Now PQ2 is featuring the Phantom Thieves thus bringing in the new knowledge we have of the world and broadening our understanding on how all this stuff works. Think about what mementos was. That concept shows that human desires can in fact influence the meta physical world. They also showed an example of this albeit on a smaller scale in Inaba with the midnight channel, and of course all the other midnight spinoffs. Who is to say that those rules didn't apply in P3? The true message in P3 was to show the value of life and that it is worth living and worth protecting with the bonds that you form. With all that in mind P3MC's actions are what's important to show that he understood that after the life he had. The end result however doesn't have to be permanent for that to lose its meaning because in every game what's important are your actions not the end result. P5 shows a good example of that after MC risked his probation status to do what he did at the end of the game. With this in mind let's take a trip back to how feasible it actually is to get P3MC off the door without ramifications. It wasn't until our journey with the phantom thieves that we understood that the hearts of people can be changed and with mementos the masses as well. The masses are what created nyx as they explain that they are the embodiment of the desire to reach the end of life. You cannot defeat that. However. Warped desires can be changed. I propose that the great seal is the masses treasure of a palace of equal or greater scale of mementos. With SEES working in the shadows seeing what went down and studying what happened in inaba (p4, p4a, p5) they (and prolly Liz) will assemble a team that will be able to enter said palace and take back P3MC. Screenshot this.
>>
>>389298070
Not even shitting on P4 here but what Yu fights against and what Minato fights against aren't even comparable.
>>
>>389299902
It functions fine for what it is and achieves what it sets out to do regarding death and getting over it and all that shit. that's all.

In this one specific regard 4 and 5 are worse than 3. Partly because of that, people just overpraise 3's story.
>>
>>389283358
the discussion is pretty much never about bringing him back to life. its about freeing him from an eternity of being a door getting punched by a boar. let his soul pass on and reincarnate or whatever
>>
>>389283358
Anon, is simple, atlus only has to make a plot where the objecttive is find a replacement for the seal. They could say is getting all humanity positive feelings or make Adashi becoming the seal by own will as the ultimate reedemption.
>>
>>389299902
I don't understand why /v/ praises P3 so much. In terms of gameplay, it's atrocious compared to P4 and P5. Story, yeah it's better than P4 or P5 but it's still generic anime plot. Nostalgia really does make a turd look polished
>>
>>389306078
Nyx is one of the few entities in the franchise not created by humans. She's an alien who crashed into Earth billions of years ago and has been hanging around in orbit ever since. She listens to humans wishes because being exposed to her for so long caused life on Earth to develop the same kind of psychic power to alter the information of reality that she has, so we're able to interact that way
When she crashed into Earth it fractured both her spirit and her body. Tartarus was her attempt to use shadows to fix herself, but doing that meant she would also receive the desires those shadows represent.

this is guide book material though, so there's less stopping them from changing their minds and contradicting it, mind you
>>
I don't like happy endings in megaten games. I haven't played p5 yet, but p4 can smd my dick.
>>
>>389307898
>of gameplay, it's atrocious compared to P4

No

Compared to P4 it's actually somewhat of a challenge. P4 is fucking sad when it comes to giving you things to beat. It's a literal cake walk up till you fight Mitsuo and then AFTER Mitsuo it goes back to being a cakewalk for the entire rest of the mother fuckin' game and I feel quite frankly IMPRESSED at the people who enjoyed it for that.
>>
>>389307898
I agree with you on FES (lacking a guard button is unforgivable, quite frankly), but Portable fixes nearly all the gameplay issues.
>>
>>389298236
the actions-consequences just means that the protagonist must own their actions rather than try and blame other people or their circumstances or things, the common traps which you see in most of the social links.
its another way of saying "let thy will be the whole of the law"
>>
>>389283358
I know you won't see this OP, but I just want to say you're completely right
His death is part of the point, bringing him would ruin the story.

Memento Mori
>>
>>389291362
>You defeat Nyx

Did you really play? You don't defeat Nyx.

You CANT defeat Nyx, Death cannot be stopped.

You sacrifice and seal yourself as a way to stop the world from ending because all of humanity wishes for death.
>>
>>389283358
>What about MEMENTO MORI?
yes, what about memento mori?
memento mori means that everybody dies, everything ends, that there's nothing wrong with that and you haven't somehow failed at life by failing to avoid dying. to die is natural.

and what happens? He gets cucked out of death and is forced to exist forever as a door. he's not actually dead. that's unnatural and needs to be fixed. otherwise the whole theme of memento mori is invalidated
>>
>>389308872
I feel like P3 difficulty is pretty artificial. There's a reason why P3 doesn't seem so hard in portable because you're actually able to control your party. And don't even get me started on that retarded argument about how it's more ""immersive"" to not be able to control your teammates
>>
>>389309916
He is dead though.

Instead of his soul passing to the afterlife it is sealed in the door.

He is dead, his body is buried. His soul is basically in eternal limbo
>>
>>389306078
sounds plasusible
not gonna pretend i wouldn't be hype
>>
>>389283358

Honestly, I'd be fine with them bringing Minato back insofar as explaining Elizabeth's journey.

But you're right: The impact of that whole journey kinda sours P3's "burn my dread"/memento mori death theme.
>>
>>389289335
Besides everything that the other anons have already told you, the game is full of symbolism, like people turning into coffins at the Dark Hour and the in-battle interface being russian roulette chambers
>>
>>389310873
existing for eternity is not death, its anti-death. if his soul was destroyed in the process of making the door, that would be one thing, but you clearly see that its still there and still his soul in the answer
>>
>>389283358
I want to believe nobody actually wants Door Jesus back. Even Atlus with all their unapologetic milking of P4 seems to be treating P3 super delicately when it comes to trying to make more games involving their characters.
>>
>>389311402
In religions with an afterlife your soul lives on in paradise or in punishment. You are still dead but your soul lives on.

Even ghosts are dead and their spirits wander the Earth.

Death is not the destruction of the soul, it is the destruction of the physical form and the transcendence of the soul to another plane of existence.

He's dead Jim
>>
>>389311726
>In religions with an afterlife your soul lives on in paradise or in punishment.
those religions straight up say "he's not dead, he's just gone to another place". the whole appeal of them is the belief that nobody actually dies.
>Even ghosts are dead and their spirits wander the Earth.
temporarily. there's always someone in charge of rounding them up and sorting them out
>death is not the desstruction of the soul
death is the cessation of self, the end of the existence called I, either through annihilation or through transformation into somebody else.

if a character had their soul ripped out and placed into a robot, and then had their soulless body destroyed, nobody would say "my god, he's dead" they'd all recognize without it needing explained that there's more to death than the destruction of the body
>>
>>389297653
reading that makes me sad that you couldn't choose who/what to kill and whatnot. Like choosing not to kill the shadows and later finding out what would've happened. But then again, that would go against the theme of the game
>>
>>389283358
it's fucking apotheosis. he's an eternal door existing in the sea of souls. he's not gonna be shuffled back into the cycle of reincarnation. it's barely death. it's worse than death. we're supposed to believe he's at sleep, at peace, and aigis is carrying on his legacy, but he's fucking getting sent to poundtown by the beast with two backs and who knows how conscious he is of that
>>
>>389308872

Hard mode in p4 was pretty rad.
>>
>>389293636
Dude, shut the fuck up. What are you even arguing? That p3's biggest theme wasn't inevibility of death? I can't even imagine what it must be like to be you.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.