[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how does modeling work? if I make a character in blender,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1427902125012.png (449KB, 830x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427902125012.png
449KB, 830x720px
so how does modeling work? if I make a character in blender, how do I animate it? how do I put it in a videogame?
>>
>>>/vg/agdg
>>
you add bones/skeleton and makes animations then import it to an engine
>>
>>389281704
>you add bones/skeleton
Nice try, motherfucker. Get back into your cave, skellington.
>>
>>389281609
read the armature tutorial that comes with Blender, it explains the whole process pretty well
>>
>>389281609

You create the character model, and then you create an armature, put the bones where you want them to be in accordance to the model, set the armature to be a parent of the model, check the bones to see if the weight distribution is where you want it to be for each bone (meaning, what bone controls what, and by how much), then you animate it in the Animation Editor, and once you have all of that done, depending on the game engine you are using, export to the appropriate file. Blender project files can be read by Unity and it imports pretty much everything into the project, including animations. I don't know if Unreal does the same thing.
>>
>>389282669
I'm pretty surprised you took the time to explain calmly the correct way of doing it.

I do wish op is asking seriously
>>
>>389282669
Not him but how does a game handle animations? Do I record a bunch of things in blender and just have them in a file assoicated with the model like myGuyJumps.Ani or something?
>>
>>389283793

Animations become files for use in the game engine. In the blender/Unity example, importing a blender project file imports all the animations in that file as separate files. You can also import/save animations separately from the model and vice versa.

Using an animation in a game is as simple as having the code call for that animation to be used. This should work on models not intended for that animation but it'll look pretty messed up.
>>
>>389284787
Thanks man, modelling is something I want to at least get a basical handle of for being able to make quick stuff for testing
>>
>>389285158

No problem. Can't wait to see what you'll make.
>>
File: qtesarefun.png (129KB, 811x804px) Image search: [Google]
qtesarefun.png
129KB, 811x804px
It's easy anon. Get to it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.