[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you think people collect video games for the attention.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: DwgYMMJ.jpg (723KB, 2576x1910px) Image search: [Google]
DwgYMMJ.jpg
723KB, 2576x1910px
How often do you think people collect video games for the attention. Especially women. I see a lot of Instagram accounts with girls holding up games they've probably never played with hundreds of games in the back ground with tags like #retrogamer #girlsgametoo #nerd

Most women don't play video games. Most of the ones who do are horrible at it
>>
>>389279538
I can pull statements out of my ass too, OP!
>>
>>389279538
What a waste of space
>>
>>389279538
>some people do shit for attention
I am honestly curious why you care about this. Do you collect yourself and worry about price being inflated by more people buying? Or are you just mad about "Chad" and "Tracy" having fun at a remote place of the interenet that you are in no way forced to interact with?
>>
>>389279795
Really it bothers me because Instagram is littered with it. So is YouTube. Every time I look at either I see someone who doesn't even enjoy the hobby holding up a copy of earthbound like "hmm should I play this again?" knowing damm well she's never played it
>>
>>389279538
I didn't even know the SNES had that many games. Maybe some of them are multiple copies of the same game?
>>
>>389279927
Yeah, the internet is a breeding ground for attention whores, but I really don't know why this would surpise you at this point.

>>389280084
Doubt it. The SNES really had that many games. This your first time seeing a bigger game collection?
>>
>>389279538
>Collecting all these games when all he had to do was download the ROM and play with an emulator
>>
>>389280194
Never seen any that large irl, I guess the only time I've seen something similar is AVGN, though his collection is hard to tell which sections goes with which games library since his videos don't focus on that.
>>
>>389280348
wrong feels
>>
>>389280348
>why collect stamps when you could just print out images of them
That's not what a collector does.

>>389280495
I think James did a few videos showcasing the nerd room.
>>
>>389279538
>all that space for NES and SNES games
>I have all that as a couple small bumps on my HDD
>>
>>389280767
Might look for those videos then. A horrifying thing about a collection like these are if anything ever happened to them like a house fire. You have insurance, sure, but that doesn't mean you can instantly get back all those games all that easily as a collector.

The other thing I wonder, especially with some game platforms (CDs, cartridges) is that they will start failing in time thus destroying something you've collected. I hear about defective copies all the time.
>>
>>389279613
FPBP
>>
>>389279538
Is that pixel art a picture of a fat girl with a skinny guy?
>>
>>389279538
I collect roms. Cartridges are unreliable and take up too much space for such an endeavor. Not to mention most of those games are trash. I've been debating for months whether to delete a huge portion of my rom collection to get rid of the trash, but the thought of having a personal in home retro museum with the good and bad games appeals to me quite a bit
>>
File: maxresdefault(102).jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(102).jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>389279538
Always.

Not much point in collecting if you can't show it off. Nobody and I mean NOBODY has a Rembrandt hanging in the basement.
>>
>>389280348
Lol it is rarely about the games.
>>
I do agree with you to certain extent, but its not sex specific. People I actually know waste money on retro games. I'm talking actual abject shit like Super Pitfall and Hudson Hawk or things that have a million better versions elsewhere like Tetris.

I'm not really en emulator guy. PCSX2 has a shitload of problems and no amount of "works on my machine" will convince me otherwise. Dolphin fares better, but its nowhere near a 1:1 recreation. Especially where F-Zero GX is concerned.

But for older games like this emulation actually makes sense. Buying the games makes no sense. In fact, I had more errors with Donkey Kong Country 2 on the official Wii U release than I did with Higan. You don't need to worry about cartridge batteries dying out, you can use any device you want, and you can actually go through HDMI so it doesn't look like garbage. Hell most modern televisions don't even have a regular composite port. Just emulate the damn games. It's not about emulation though, its about projecting your "adorkable" "quirky" "nerd cred".
>>
>>389282825

I am making the assumption that the people you know that buy the really old retro games are nearing or in their 30s. It's just a case of nostalgia - chasing your lost youth and buying games they could not have when they were young. Kind of a premature midlife crisis.

PS2 and later will get better emulation. It has to in order for game preservation for decades down the line. Granted, kids will no longer care, but it is a part of entertainment history.
>>
>>389282134
How are they rare if you can just download the ROM and play it there? Its no longer rare.
>>
File: Suikoden.II.full.893590.jpg (597KB, 1476x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden.II.full.893590.jpg
597KB, 1476x1000px
>>389283691
No I meant that collectors usually don't give a shit about gaming.

They want that Suikoden 2 print. They don't care about playing it. Games are for nerds.
>>
>>389279795
Bothers me the fact that a game that has literally millions of copies is ridiculously overpriced
Though luckily I've moved to flash carts
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.