[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Commander Deluxe edition for Elite Dangerous is on sale for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 14.jpg (991KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
991KB, 1920x1080px
The Commander Deluxe edition for Elite Dangerous is on sale for like $45 but I'm worried that it's actually boring. Anyone on /v/ who can vouch for whether or not this would be a good purchase? Been thinking about taking the plunge for a while
>>
it is pretty boring

you might like it, though
>>
>>389278409
I enjoy it a lot, but then again i play solo play. IMO it has a steep learning curve but if you can stick to it, its fun. its not for everyone though
>>
>>389278409
Games of that kind are usually large as an ocean and deep as a puddle. Interestingly, ED is deep as Marianas trench and wide as a bucket, there really is a lot of complexity to it, but no room to express it.

I guess it's worth trying at least once, if only for the stellar sound design. That aside, it's just bad. Most of the people that like it are daddies nostalgic of the original Elite, considering it's barely more elaborate than that. And I'm a daddy, but I still expected something more modern, if only on par with 2000s era space sims.

And don't let the insane hours people put into it fool you: the game comes with a launcher, and the launcher being open counts as game time, which means that yes, the counter is largely off, and people didn't seriously put thousands of hours into it.
>>
>>389278409

It's boring as fuck, I played like 4 hours and never touched it again despite space sims being my all time favourite genre.

I did really like how detailed/interactive the virtual cockpit was and how involved landing/docking was.......but everything else just bored me to tears and there was just endless jumping/loading screens to do go anywhere and anything, and I mean that's always going to be a given, but they way in which they're implemented in Elite is jarring as fuck.
>>
>>389279336
i just wanted frontier with good graphics. E:D is not it
>>
>>389278804
>>389279091
>>389279336
>>389279593
>>389279817
Thanks for the input anons, appreciate it. bumping for more opinions if there are any
>>
>>389280772
if you were a fan of frontier, you should check out pioneer: https://pioneerspacesim.net/

it's basically open source frontier. kind of ugly but it's fun to play anyway
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.