[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we finally agree that regardless of everything else, thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (278KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
278KB, 1280x720px
Can we finally agree that regardless of everything else, this looks to be the easiest/most casual MH ever?
>Armor skills are 1 point wonders
>No negative armor skills
>charms appear simplified
>Appears you can cut tails via mounting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRHLDAzPOIU
>>
>Cutting all the shitty fat
Hyped
>>
>>389278135
Charms were a mistake and skills becoming so important was a mistake.
>>
>>389278341
This.
Monster Hunter Worlds is starting to look like how Monster Hunter did back before it went onto the 3DS. This is an absolutely fantastic thing too since it's been a steady decline ever since the move.
>>
>>389278135
looks like your thread backfired cuck
>>
God damn I'm fucking hype. Also the Bow gameplay from earlier today looked fucking incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUEwoo8Nsq4

2018 can't come fast enough.
>>
Oh boy, here comes the casuals that couldn't figure out the 10 point system.

>>389278461
In what way is that remotely true?

>>389278341
The only skill ever important at all is focus on GS/bow. That's it. Everything else is entirely flavor and doesn't impact how the weapons play.
>>
>>389278624
Nah, I already knew /v/ was casual. I'm just getting amusement with the terrible justifications because of consolewar faggotry.
>>
>>389278745
>autopaintball AND scoutflies
Could people really not just follow the monsters?
>>
>>389279325
Le QoL

God like stop trying to make me think about stuff
>>
>>389279457
Throwing items also get a lockon according to that same video.
>>
I also hate how they casualized the chat system. Noobs will never know the feeling of typing out messages on a 144p touchscreen with a 20 character limit where seemingly arbitrary strings of letters are censored for no reason.
>>
Wasn't the only good MH Freedom Unite? I don't even understand why people still play this game and if they do I doubt they have ever played some of the originals...
>>
Monster Hunter was never good.
>>
>>389278624
Please, /v/ is contrarian as fuck by default and the only reason why people are talking about it is because it is because of console war faggotry.

If MHW was for all consoles, nobody would give a shit aside from MH fans.
>>
>>389280490
Freedom is awesome.
>>
>>389278749
so if it's not important then who cares?
>>
>>389280627
And the response would be much more critical over some of these changes. Some don't matter like damage numbers, but others are clearly making the series easier as Capcom tries to appeal to a "wider audience" which we all know what that fucking means.
>>
>>389278135
Yeah but don't let the sonyfriend hear you say that or else you'll automatically be a nintenbro.
>>
>they actually thought this game was made with Japan in mind

nah, it's getting the lost planet 3/dead rising 3\4/DmC Americanization treatment.

enjoy
>>
>>389280490
>Wasn't the only good MH Freedom Unite?
Based on what?
>>
>>389280743
You're right, pardon my poor choice of words: the only gamechanging skill. The rest is 100% customization that you have to balance between offense and defense or QoL. The new armor system takes away any thought, sacrifice, or creativity and will only serve to strip players of endgame content by reducing the need to make specialized sets or put any thought at all into what they are wearing.

It's important in the same way things like phial differences or shot differences are for the weapons. They do not outright change how the weapons are played from a fundamental level, but they add depth and options to players.
>>
Toddlers are still seething over losing Monster Hunter.
>>
>>389278341
This just makes skills even more prevalent.
>>
>>389278135
>defending charms

Come on now.
>>
Given the last few times Capcom tried to make a game appeal more to a western audience, I feel justified in remaining doubtful.
>>
>>389280981
Shit tons of content
>Good multiplayer
>It was one of the last decent ones before shit got casual
>>
>>389278135
We only saw the basic armor sets. They rarely give you a negative armor skill above 10.
Also as far as I know you could already destroy a monster's back with mounting in the DS versions. Also, if you mount a monster shouldn't you hold on to the body part you managed to grab? I mean in the 3DS this was clearly not possible due to system limitations but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to grab on a monster's tail and cut it off in current gen consoles.
>>
>Monster Hunter sucks now that it's not on my system of choice.

No wonder Nintenbros are known as the worst fanbase.
>>
>>389278284
The fat is where all the flavour is, streamlining is a massive meme.
>>
>>389278135
Well obviously, they are trying to bring in a wider audience. Why do you retards still complain about this shit? It doesn't actually stop any of you from spending money on the game's. I'm excited for the game, might actually convince my friends to play it.
>>
>>389281286
How did it get casual?

Keep in mind that I'm asking this as someone who has only ever played MHFU.
>>
>>389281396
They complain more than any other group on /v/. It's annoying as shit.
>>
>>389281375
Did you not watch the video? Negative skills do not exist anymore. At all. Meaning taunt is either out or a separate skill.

And considering tails give you a drop of their own and have weapons that specialize in cutting them, wouldn't it be better from a gameplay perspective to not allow mounting to do it? Mounting is already OP as hell already and keeping the mounts to one location means that often the monster's break part is balanced around it also being the target of mounting itself.
>>
>>389278135
It's not even a Monster Hunter game anymore, honestly.
>>
>>389281286
>terrible hitboxes
>adhoc only

I enjoyed it but a lot of the difficulty came from bullshit hitboxes.
>>
File: 1546.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1546.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>389281634
So you've never played an actually difficult MH then?
>>
>>389281763
You just said that it was before shit got casual.
>>
>>389281751
Dunno what you mean bout hitboxes kiddo and you could get around adhoc to play online.
>>
>No negative armor skills

This isn't confirmed is it?
>>
>>389281841
Casual = appealing to an audience who aren't as skilled. Are you literally 16?
>>
>>389281912
Not confirmed, but there weren't any in a LR video so it must be true!
>>
>>389281847
>having a $599 pricetag to play online
Woah there kiddo, we all don't have our mommy to buy all our shit for us
>>
>>389280490
Shitty hitboxes apparently make a game good "BECAUSE IT SO HARD DOOOD" fucking retards
>>
>>389281965
Of course.
>>
>>389281697
Do me a favor. Quote the posts in the thread that are complaining the game isn't on a Nintendo console.

>>389281634
There are more mechanics that allow monsters to give you free damage like making monsters exhausted and mounting them. It's not really a big difference when status cheese existed then. 4U is a great example where armor skills were retardedly OP and definitely needed toning down (shit like sharpness+2, evasion+3, Attack up XL, etc), but end game was still tough as nuts with monsters that could 2-3 shot you with end-game gear. I totally agree though that mounting has made the series much easier because even failed mounts knock the monster over. Almost every other change since have just been hitbox improvements, extra weapon moves, and QoL stuff like farms/gathering is holding down a button instead of tapping, etc.
>>
>>389281938
No shit. You said MHFU was before the games got casual. Now you're saying MHFU is casual? Which is it?
>>
>>389281965
>>389281912
>>389282030
Watch the video. There are bars that visually represent skills and none of them go into the negatives. There are clearly no negative skills.
>>
>>389282202
>Armor no longer have any sort of weaknesses

That's pretty fucking awful.
>>
>>389282032
I will add though that 3rd gen made monsters way less predictable compared to 2nd gen where you could bait monsters to do attacks significantly more based upon your positioning (hence GOTCHA BITCH). That is probably the largest overall change in how the games play for high-end solo players.
>>
>>389282021
>has never heard of Hamachi
>>389282023
>Only played from Wii instalments
>>389282035
No I am not, I think you're getting a little lost here and this is a testament to your skill level.
You should all see the this chap >>389282032
>>
>>389282032
>autistic american furious that more people are gonna enjoy a good series
sounds about right
>>
>>389282202
That doesn't mean there are no negative skills. That just means pieces of armor might have skills like weakness or blunt.
>>
>>389282202
I don't really have a dog in this fight, I don't know if negative skills are in or not. I just want to devil's advocate for a bit.

Maybe negative skills are represented in the same bar but with red blips instead of green.

This is LR stuff. I don't remember many LR gear give you negative skills. They would give you a negative point or two, but would never give you 10 so you actually had a debuff. It really seems you only had to worry about that stuff with later game gear and when you start cramming gems into the stuff. None of this gear had slots so we have no clue how gems will work. They still had plenty of negative elements applied to the armors.

It may just be that none of the armors offered had negative skills. Or maybe they have been removed outright. I don't know. It's all speculation at this point.
>>
>>389282450
>t. sixteen year old who played from nintentard releases
>>
>>389282535
i started with the ps2 one. it was shit. picked it back up from freedom 2. it still wasnt great but it was fun in an idiosyncratic way. cutting all the shit that made it obtuse and unfun to play is a great idea. im sorry if that upsets you
>>
>but guys there are no negative armor skills!

if the game is balanced around this who gives a fuck
>>
>>389281705
I did. But as I said so far we only saw the very basic armor sets. Those were never really complex with their skills in the first place or had huge drawbacks. So we still know nothing about how that might affect end game armor.
Also, Monster Hunter was never a balanced game and some weapons are better than others in certain situations.
And I don't see the point why you would restrict mounting. Cutting off tails in all likelyhood will take more than 2 or 3 mounts.
>>
File: MH nintendofags BTFO.jpg (212KB, 605x865px) Image search: [Google]
MH nintendofags BTFO.jpg
212KB, 605x865px
>>389278135
Simplification is a good thing, and it doesn't make the game for casuals. For example, i really love MHFU because nostalgia and because it was the greatest game in the PSP and it was the only console that I had when I was a teenager, but MHFU equipment system was horrible if you take a look back with a little bit of objectivity. In MHFU there was a shiton of armors, you could make armors not only from monster and minerals, but you had lots of armors made of flowers, insects, fish, random items, minion monsters, tickets, food, Feline drops, arena rewards... But then you discover that 90% of armor sets are not worth it because only very few armor had cool abilities. But even after picking the right armor set you needed to use the right jewelry to negate the negative skills (if you have enough slots for jewelry in your armor) and you need to consider that those jewelry tend to have negative effects too, and sometimes trying to remove a negative skill, negates a positive skill (it happens a lot with the sharp edge-artisan skills). So in short, you really needed to think a lot about what armor you wanted to make and how to minimize the negative skills while having to think about how to upgrade your current skills, because there were lots of armor sets where the skill needed an additional jewelry piece to reach the +10 and activate the skill. MH armor system was a pain in the ass, i'm glad they are making more simple those things so we can focus more on hunting instead of spending hours selecting the right armor set and then min-maxing skills.

I'm also glad that they implemented weapon tree in-game and weapon upgrades rollaback so now you don't need to read a fucking wiki to see where the fuck is you weapon upgrade path leading, because if you fucked up a upgrade and you picked the wrong path, you were fucked because you needed to recraft the weapon to pick the right path.
>>
>>389282676
>Who cares if there's literally no reason not to wear the best armor in the game
>>
>>389282489
LR sets give you negative points. Fucking hell. The better argument is that a demo won't.

>>389282464
I really doubt it. That would mean two different bars to display information about the same stat (Attack +3. Attack-3) which seems unlikely considering the changes made to the system as a whole. There's less evidence pointing towards this and more that negative armor skills are more or less gone. Doubly so because there are 1 point armor skills now. So unless there are special cases, it seems like they are just out.
>>
>>389278341
>skills becoming so important was a mistake.
>skills becoming so important
>skills
>important
Damn nigga real talk. Just how much do you actually suck at the game to come to this sort of conclusion?
>>
>>389282740
Are you implying this has ever not been the case? Every MH has had optimal armor for specific instances, and charms only made this worse because you had to grind those out from RNG drops. Nobody actually got a negative skill on their clownsuits, they just got a good enough charm to offset any negatives through RNG.
>>
>>389282715
Nobody is complaining about weapon trees being in game. They are complaining because this new system changes how skills work entirely and takes away any sort of negative tradeoff for using parts.
>>
>>389282656
And I'm sorry if an accurate description of the series direction annoys you. You were clearly to young to understand what you were doing with, by the sounds of it, one thumb up your arse.
>>
>All these nu-hunters complaining about simplification
>When in MH1 each armor only had one skill

Mega casuals
>>
>>389282776
>LR sets give you negative points.

Not many did. It was the later game armors that started giving you more severe skill downs. LR had always given you plenty of armor skills without many negative skills.
>>
>>389282959
If you want sub 5 min g(+)rank solo runs you need skills.
>>
>>389278135
looks fun as fuck, I can't wait.
>>
>>389282960
People used sets with negative skills all the time. The problem with the how system had nothing to do with charms and everything to do with how rare a few mandatory skills were like sharp+1 or focus. The system had wonderful customization if you could/would forgo those. This system has zero tradeoffs. There will be an easily obtainable best and you'll see the niche skills often cropping up in the old version just not used entirely. Why have a point in carnivore or bio master when you can just slap on a piece that has zero downsides?
>>
>>389282032
>mad mh isn't on Nintendo

Grow up
>>
>>389283095
But anybody with a little bit of autism didn't have any significant negative skills because jewelry-charm grinding and clowsuits. But it was a pain in the ass having to grind a lot to make jewelry or doing lots of mission to get that perfect charm relying on rng. It was also horrrible to have to wear a clownsuit instead of just grinding the full armor set and look cool as fuck with no drawbacks or extra headaches.
>>
File: dunno what to tell you.png (130KB, 442x353px) Image search: [Google]
dunno what to tell you.png
130KB, 442x353px
>>389283441
But it turns out the fucking same way you dense fucker. If anything, this new system allows for MORE customization and player choice because it has a large number of tiers for each skill instead of a select few skills having +2 variants and basically requiring 20 points of investment. This system lets you pick and choose with much finer detail what it is you want to improve. How is that bad at all? Why the fuck are Monster Hunter purists absolute retards who can't understand basic concepts?
>>
>cutting tails by mounting

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
>>389283443
I have a gaming PC, classic consoles, DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita. I love Monster Hunter but was actually glad to hear we were getting a PC version that wasn't an MMO. But in this thread I see...

>>389282715
>>389282450
>>389281396
>>389281081
>>389278596
And yourself bring up Nintendo at fucking all. I'm sorry you are more concerned about what you are playing the game on than the quality of said game.
>>
File: iu-4.png (401KB, 988x611px) Image search: [Google]
iu-4.png
401KB, 988x611px
>>389278745
holy fuck that's the rathalos I remember
>>
>>389278135
I can agree and that's why I like it even more.I dont have time to be autistic and grind for shit nowdays. Call me whatever you want, I dont care, I'll be too busy enjoying the fuck out of this
>>
>>389283578
So don't grind for a perfect charm? People sacrificed negative skills all the time to get another more useful skill onto their set. The points and +/- tied to skills also wouldn't let you double up or prevented some sets from getting certain skills.

>>389283643
Here's the basic concept: it is true this method allows you to use more combinations of skills in theory, in practice it gives players zero incentive to and in fact discourages the use of certain skills because of there being no tradeoffs. Is it too complex for you to understand that this way means you will see zero variation end game? Even as bad as previous titles were about this, something I readily fucking admit needed tweaking and even outlined how this could be changed, end game suits were not the same since they either relied on charms or were significantly more work to make than several easier "poor man's" versions that also got popular. What needed balancing what not the +/- system but instead the skills themselves to be less centralizing around certain skills being straight better than others. This system only compounds that problem.
>>
>>389279325
Surely scoutflies can be turned off? Only use I see for it is for finding items for the first time in the new graphics
>>
>>389284207
>This game appeals to me because it is more casual
Thank you for being honest. I hope you enjoy the game, bro. I don't want it to be miserable for everyone.
>>
File: welcome to la-mulana.png (222KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to la-mulana.png
222KB, 600x624px
>>389284240
But once again, if the game is balanced around this, it isn't a problem. Since the increases for each tier of a skill are more marginal, you can centralize into certain skills or go for a more all-around approach at your leisure. You also have no idea if any of the skills are straight better than others right now because you haven't seen all the skills in the game, and you're the one making the assumption that it's going to be the case instead of a decently balanced set of niche skills. This bullshit you're spewing about "no tradeoffs" needs to stop, because the tradeoff is not being able to put in points for other skills in place of what you choose. It's opportunity cost. That you're unable to comprehend this is a testament to your complete lack of a coherent point.
>>
>>389284557
The games have never been balanced-- so you're assuming the game will be so drastically different that everything will be 1:1 perfection. You're making the whole "communism works in a vaccuum" argument when the reality is history has proven you fucking wrong. There WILL be a set of skills that provide the best DPS without the restriction of something like adrenaline or god-forbid some kind of cheese and people will use it.
>>
>>389284902
>vaccuum

lmao u cant even spell
>>
File: ark-melt[1].jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ark-melt[1].jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>>389284971
Oh shit I'm ruined.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.