[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paid mods is going to kill Bethesda, TES and Fallout.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 11

File: Paid mods.jpg (13KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Paid mods.jpg
13KB, 284x177px
Paid mods is going to kill Bethesda, TES and Fallout.

Prove me wrong.
>>
who cares reddit and neogaf are against it. i'm buying several extra just to troll them
>>
>>389274583
yes. good goy.
>>
Pre-orders, DLC, microtransactions; all these things are accepted by the larger gaming community.
Paid mods will be no different.
>>
Nah
Console players will eat them up
>>
Normies, the people who buy 90% of Bathesda games don't give two shits about paid mods, or even know about mods.
>>
>>389274471
>Prove me wrong.
I really can't. I haven't bought Fallout 4 and I can't imagine I'll buy whatever Todd shits out next.
>>
>>389274471
>Paid mods is going to kill Bethesda,
God I fucking hope so they are some of the biggest hacks in the industry. How they manage to garner universal praise for their consistently buggy heaps of shit is beyond me.

>>389274762
>Normies, the people who buy 90% of Bathesda games don't give two shits about paid mods, or even know about mods.
Yeah I think many of them probably have no idea this was something we had free forever and probably just see it as regular DLC.
>>
File: 1d8.png (335KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1d8.png
335KB, 600x600px
>>389274583
lmao, epic! Really gotem
>>
>>389274471
Sadly, it won't. Normies don't give a fuck about this kind of thing. They'll keep buying it, no matter how bad it is for the industry.
>>
>>389274471
delusional.

the vast majority of people who buy Bethesda games do not know or even care about paid mods.

most play on consoles and most never use mods.
>>
Skyrim modding is 6 years old, all the groundbreaking mods are already out and with TES VI not even announced, there's nothing to talk about. Not to mention most big time modders are either against paid mods or will succumb to fan pressure.

Also mod piracy will become a thing.
>>
what exactly is wrong with giving modders an option to make bigger and better mods for a price? Can't they still just release their mods for free if they wanted to?
>>
File: IMAGE$89094D40A50514D.gif (422KB, 240x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE$89094D40A50514D.gif
422KB, 240x152px
Skyrim has sold over 30 million copies.

Bethesda is doing fine. Skyrim is still printing money 6 years later.
>>
>>389275947
you can't just monetize any mod you want. Bethesda contacts you and contracts you to make a mod for them. They pay you a flat fee then post the mod without your name attached since it's theirs because you're just a contractor. creation club is a content curator that has mods made specifically for it by contracted anonymous modders. it's not like how paid mods 1.0 was back on steam.

also I don't get why /v/tards are mega butthurt about Bethesda's paid mods but stay utterly silent about paid mods done by valve or other companies.
>>
File: 1417464831461.png (198KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1417464831461.png
198KB, 550x535px
At the very worst it cripples the mod community. The vast majority of vidya gaymers will eat up new Bethesda games, especially a Skyrim or Fallout 4 sequel.

In truth it'll slowly become a background annoyance that only the most autistic and dedicated members of the mod "community" will actively oppose, but eventually just the sheer persistence of it will come to force it on everyone and slowly but surely it'll just be accepted. They'll win, not quite as much as they expected, but they'll win.
>>
I'm having dejavu here. Didn't they try this like a year or two ago and then backpedaled hard when it pissed everyone off? Why are they doing this again?
>>
>>389276221
>you can't just monetize any mod you want.
but can people still just upload free mods without having to be contracted by Bethesda, or are ONLY paid mods available?
>>
>>389275947
This isn't going to happen. We'll just get armor reskins and the like for $5 a pop.
>>
>>389274583
you sure showed them goy
>>
>>389275947
>bigger and better mods for a price
nothing, aside from what happens as a result
the two-tier mod system will ensure that paid mods can't build off free mods and vice versa
this won't matter most likely for simple texture replacement, but for larger mods that perform large changes to the internal workings of the game, free and paid will not work together
>>
>>389276525
of course they can do the first. paid mods doesn't stop anyone from doing what they were doing before.

paid mods is mostly meant to appeal to sonybros for skyrim and fallout 4 because sony is so restrictive for what mods they allow on ps4 that the only way for ps4 users to get new mod content is through this curated paid mods system. pc and xbox one users have nothing to care about, paid mods aren't for us.
>>
>mods will go from people making them because they like the games to people just wanting to make a quick buck
I know some of the modders left nexus after the shit storm when console mods came out, I wonder if it'll happen again.
I hope I don't live to see the day the people who do the unofficial patches and the cbbe shit leave
>>
>>389276921
>paid unofficial mods could be a possibility
Who else here wants to go fertilizer bomb Bethesda real quick like?
>>
literally only people who do not develop mods are mad at this. you faggots are just mad you have to fork over a few bucks for somethings you used to get free. life isnt free you cheap niggers get in the welfare line
>>
>>389276921
this just seems like some commie shit though. People can still release their mods for free if they want to. Nobody will buy the shit mods for $5, just like nobody goes to shit businesses and eventually those businesses fail, and that incentivizes modders to be honest and to put out good work. Modders get rewarded for their work and they get more time to spend on modding with the extra income. What is so terrible about this
>>
>>389277353
>incentivizes modders to be honest and to put out good work.
If kikestarter has been a thing, this surely won't be different.
>>
>>389276525
They're available, FOR NOW. Anyone who thinks Bethesda won't try to crack down on normal mods in the future is naive. Each time new Paid Mods are released, they already break SKSE.
>>
File: 1460029463804.jpg (18KB, 214x212px) Image search: [Google]
1460029463804.jpg
18KB, 214x212px
>>389277191
If life isn't free how come we didn't have to pay for them before?
>>
paid mods are good
>>
>>389274471
Don't really understand the big fuss with Creation Club.

If you like a modder and want to give support them, you can buy their mod through Creation Club. However, all of the CC mods pail in comparison to their free counterparts that their own modders are releasing anyway. So the only things worth noting are that mods are still free and Bethesda has released shitty mods that have better and free counterparts
>>
>>389274471

Don't care about anything of theirs other than Fallout. If they "die", someone else can buy the license and definitely make a better game out of it.

Fallout 4 had some neat things in it, but it felt like those neat things were put in by real Fallout fans that were given a little bit of freedom in the development process, but nothing else. A full dev team making a Fallout game with total creative control handed to the devs would be amazing.
>>
>>389278225
There's a rumor going around that modders are being paid a flat price and don't get shit after that. Sure they make money, but you're not supporting them in the least bit by buying the mod.
>>
>bethesda implement paid mods
>can't mod unless you pay
>butthurt the world over
>all seems lost
>one day, some turbo nerd doing some .ini fuckery stumbles upon a way to install mods without paying
>the world rejoices
>bethesda revs up them lawyers
>too fucking late
>everyone encouraged to torrent a copy of the game with the specific files changed
>bethesda throws updates out at a breakneck pace
>still too fucking late
>lawsuit fails
>bethesda forced to remove paid mods from upcoming games
>still doesnt change the fact that bethesda wont make another good game
>>
>>389278491
Just don't buy CC mods, then
>>
File: TESV_2014-05-05_14-55-00-96.jpg (725KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TESV_2014-05-05_14-55-00-96.jpg
725KB, 1920x1080px
I hope someone hurries up with a good werebear mod, I've been waiting years for that shit and I am ready and willing to pay for it.
>>
>>389278491
That sounds like basically contracting out DLC to people in the mod community.
>>
>>389279474
that's the joke.png
>>
>>389278831
Oh and the money they make? Apparently something like a hundred dollars, even if Bethesda makes a couple hundred grand off a shitty suit.
>>
It's only a matter of time until Nexus is shut down. It been a good ride.
>>
>>389274471
All 3 are already dead though
>>
>>389279017
There are mods that allow you to become a werebear
>>
>>389279861
Let em. Its not that hard to manually install mods.
>>
>>389280298
Nobody cares about their automation, it's about the database of mods and decent infrastructure. In comparison LoversLab feels pretty garbage to browse even if you know the name of the mod you're searching for.
>>
>>389280259
And they're shit, I want some good mods with unique abilities like werewolves got in Dawnguard.
>>
>>389280704
Werebear is basically a skin. You get all the same functionality as werewolves do.
>>
>>389280896
That's WHY I want a paid mod, give werebears new abilities or more armor so they're viable at later levels.
>>
>>389280696
>In comparison LoversLab feels pretty garbage to browse even if you know the name of the mod you're searching for.
this is the reason I like Nexus, as you don't have to go through 3 different menus to get to one mod
>>
>>389274471
They keep doing it too.
You'd think after the whole steam paid mods thing they'd just quit. Now they are selling piecework mods
>>
>>389281139
But that's exactly what werewolf/werebears mods do - they rebalance the whole thing, change the damage and defenses values, give new perks, new abilities new funcionalities like lunar transformations, new random encounters, infecting NPCs and more.

What else do you want?
>>
>>389281139
Why don't you just want a normal mod that doesn't cost $7 in Bethesdabux?
>>
The majority of bethesda sales come from consoles. If they can monetize mods on consoles, it's going to give them unholy amounts of profits.
>>
>>389274471
I'm a modder and i mod the games just because i love them. So yeah, i think the paid mods will ruin Bethesda because i firmly think the mods are what really makes their games good. I mean, it's 2017 and i'm still modding for Skyrim. It's the community who really matters, and they shat over us all.
>>
>>389281139
>That's WHY I want a paid mod

Someone should tell this fucktard that you can't add new skills to the game. So even with paid mods he won't get the decent werebear mod he's waiting no matter what. Unless Bethesda release the source code for Skyrim, which is likely never going to happend.
>>
>>389276525
>but can people still just upload free mods without having to be contracted by Bethesda, or are ONLY paid mods available?
the updated game already breaks free mods because of forced load order and a constantly changing exe that fucks with script extenders
>>
>>389281696
Because it being endorsed by Bethesda is a guarantee it will have quality.
>>
>>389274635
Except those don't require someone else's work. There are 100s of mods that require some other mod to work.
>>
>>389281842
I know the modding community will not be okay with it after the debacle with nexusmods and paid mods
>>
File: 1392853958753.gif (194KB, 477x456px) Image search: [Google]
1392853958753.gif
194KB, 477x456px
>>389282072
Hee hee
>>
>>389274471
>not required to purchase
>barely adds any to gameplay
>going to kill bethesda
Right
>>
>>389276509
It's the same thing every company does;
>Announce a new service that is a blatant cash grab
>Massive backlash from consumers
>Say you "listened" and are scrapping the idea
>Wait until the furor has died down and people have moved on
>Release the service under a different name with some slight alterations
>Profit
>>
File: lelia.jpg (98KB, 570x667px) Image search: [Google]
lelia.jpg
98KB, 570x667px
>>389282072
>Because it being endorsed by Bethesda is a guarantee it will have quality.
>>
>>389274583
/v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>389282048
Do you mean skill trees? Because you can do almost anything else. As for the trees you can make a new one as a replacer of an existing tree but you can't add more, yes.
>>
>>389274471
Consoles.
Their games were profitable on consoles when they did not have mods.

Mods are not a real factor.
>>
>>389282060
Hold the fuck up, what do you mean by forced load order? Is Bethesda run by neanderthals?
>>
>>389274471
Normies exist. Children exist. Corporate cucks exist.
>>
File: brink.jpg (158KB, 800x1103px) Image search: [Google]
brink.jpg
158KB, 800x1103px
>>389282072
>>
>>389283729
mods are loaded alphabetically
you can see how this might not be a great idea
>>
File: 1491619453994.gif (243KB, 440x277px) Image search: [Google]
1491619453994.gif
243KB, 440x277px
>>389283915
>>
>>389274762
>Normies, the people who
download and endorse shitty re-textures on nexus you meant.
>>
File: perplexed t rex.png (464KB, 481x518px) Image search: [Google]
perplexed t rex.png
464KB, 481x518px
>>389283915

>mods are loaded alphabetically
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.