[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>download and play Bad Company 2 again >100x more fun than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 123125326.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
123125326.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>download and play Bad Company 2 again
>100x more fun than BF1

What went wrong?
>>
Battlefield 4 is better.
>>
>babies acting like Bad Company 2 is le oldschool game for people with taste such as myself

Bad Company 2 was a step down in every way from Battlefield 2 and 2142.
>>
>>389265481
If you had a brain you would understand that BC2 and B2 were different kinds of games. You're retarded though.
>>
BC2 was so fun. BC2 vietnam was really good too
I think partly it was no planes, very powerfull sounding guns and no prone that did it. Shooting just felt right too.
>>
>>389265571

Yes. B2 was a good kind of game and BC2 was a shit kind.
>>
>>389266013
Why is that exactly?

You know when you make a point you need to be able to back it up right?
>>
Nu-Battlefield tries and fails to cater to both the old BF crowd and the BC crowd. They made the maps smaller than the ones found in the old BF games and the gunplay tighter for the BC crowd and they made the maps larger than the average map in BC and threw in planes for the old BF crowd. The problem is that they still failed to make the old BF crowd like it because the maps were still too small and the dumbed down class system from BC remained. The gunplay was also a complete step down from BC, and the map designs for the rush maps were much worse, so BC fans didn't really have a reason to like it either.
>>
>>389266116

Okay, let's go then

>small shitty maps
>regenerating health
>have to grind for unlocks because we want the Call of Duty audience and we can't get by on fun gameplay anymore
>instantly spawn on any squadmate after an incredibly short spawn timer
>weapon accuracy means you can easily run and gun so everyone can jump around like Call of Duty

I mean if you want me to break it down to one sentence: They went for the Call of Duty audience. Don't even deny this, everyone was doing it at the time, they implemented a dumbed down set of mechanics and an XP progression system because that was what Call of Duty was doing and Call of Duty always sold the best.

Battlefield 2 and 2142 achieved the absolute perfect balance of realism with sacrifices made for fun. The Bad Company games pushed it too far into the CoD-clone territory and as a result it just kinda sucked.

The maps are also the worst ones in the entire series. They feel like somebody was fucking arround with the terrain presets in Unreal Editor and placing pre-baked assets at random.
>>
>>389265169
You play battlefield games period.
>>
>>389266661
shut up faggot
>>
>>389266661
>>small shitty maps
The game is about small squad tactics. It isn't about combined arms warfare. If you want that then play B2 you absolute moron. I can't believe that your complaint is "why isn't this game like this other game durrrr?"
>regenerating health
The game is about fire and manoeuvre squad tactics. Regenerating health allows teams of 2 snipers or 2 engineers to operate on their own. A medic can still heal you. Once again you lack any understanding of what BC2 is supposed to be.
>have to grind for unlocks because we want the Call of Duty audience and we can't get by on fun gameplay anymore
Nice meme my friend! You're one of those retards without a single original argument in him.
>instantly spawn on any squadmate after an incredibly short spawn timer
Once again you don't understand the game.
>weapon accuracy means you can easily run and gun so everyone can jump around like Call of Duty
ummm you can't jump and shoot. It also takes around 5-6 bullets to kill a player. Have you even played BC2, or are all of your arguments formed from memes?

>They went for the Call of Duty audience
Is that why there are tanks and helicopters?

>Battlefield 2 and 2142 achieved the absolute perfect balance of realism with sacrifices made for fun. The Bad Company games pushed it too far into the CoD-clone territory and as a result it just kinda sucked.
>WHY ISN'T THIS GAME LIKE THIS OTHER GAME?
because they're different games...

>The maps are also the worst ones in the entire series. They feel like somebody was fucking arround with the terrain presets in Unreal Editor and placing pre-baked assets at random.
This is so wrong on so many levels. Atacama Desert is the best BF map of all time. The only other contender is Strike at Karkand.
>>
>>389267257

>I can't believe that your complaint is "why isn't this game like this other game durrrr?"

Actually my complaint is the exact opposite, that it tried too hard to imitate another shittier game.

You may not like the truth but it's the truth. Bad Company 2 is second only to Medal of Honor Warfighter as the most explicit and blunt attempt to go for the CoD audience.

You wanna argue that they're different games with different focus? Okay, sure. And one of them is shitty.
>>
>>389265169
Any richfags wanna buy me Bad Company 2?
>>
>>389267534
In what way is it like CoD?
>>
>>389267619

No, I'm too busy having an autistic argument with a stranger over the internet.
>>
>>389266013
>I can't camp in a building with my mad sniper skillz?
>g-game is s-shit.
Bad company 2 is literally the last good battlefield game.
>>
It's simple, no out of bounce shit to prevent you from going into the enemies spawn. Ain't nothing better than c4ing the shit out of their tank, and waiting for someone to jump into it before blowing the fuck up.
>>
>>389267769
Hell yeah.
>>
>>389266661
>>have to grind for unlocks because we want the Call of Duty audience and we can't get by on fun gameplay anymore
There was a giant grind both in 2 and 2142
Probably even slower than the one in BC2
>>
>>389266013
Your bait is weak. Keep trying though kiddo
>>
>>389266661
>small maps
Kek
>regenerating health
Lol wut?
>grind for unlocks
Ahhh no leveling up gives you new gear but you have literally everything you ever need in the first 5-10 levels

Confirmed to never have actually played the game, try harder next time edgelord.
>>
I think Battlefield 4 is a great game with a bad rap.
>>
>>389268169
I tried to like it but it was ehhh.

Too many annoying camping spots.
>>
>>389266661
stop talking lmfao
>>
>>389267735
how about after then
>>
>>389268381

Maybe, how much does BC2 even cost these days?
>>
pol ruined my perception of BF1 from the start but there is a legitimate argument against BF1's lack of everything.
>boring maps
>less content than bf4
>same game modes
>disposable campaign mode
>no coop
>female/nig soldier sjw nonsense
BF4 is the best battleifled
>>
>>389265169
>What went wrong?
Planes. Planes have to be catered to, and that leads to horrible map design.
With only helicopters, Bad Company 2's maps are many times better than any other BF game's maps.
Bad Company 2 also doesn't have the garbage gunplay of the rest of the series. Instead of it being mandatory you dive prone for the best accuracy but still need to spray in hopes you hit your target in other BF's, you can hit what you're aiming at in BC2 as long as you're standing still and sighted up.

BC2's classes were also the only properly balanced lot in the series, whereas the rest of the games have useless classes, supersoldier Medics and "Snipers" who have nothing to fear from other classes' weapons at long range.

Bad Company 2 was a fluke of a game in a series of godawful design decisions.
>>
>>389268557
I saw it was about 5 bucks on Steam, could've been on sale tho
>>
>>389265169
I love the way guns shoot in that game. I can't explain it... they're kjnd of... arcade-y? I have no words for it, but the TTKs were all a bit higher than the mainline battlefield games though.
Still, BC2's story didn't hold a candle to BC1's. That was just great.
>>
>>389266661
I agree with you, and this is quite honestly the only thread I can remember on this site where the majority of anons tried to argue against your point. The series has been nosediving since, and it's painfully obvious why to anybody who isn't underage or has a brain. The time-to-kill has been bastardized, classes mean jack shit and lately only encourage lone wolf GOTTA GO FAST gameplay, and the series is as bloated and full of meaningless unlocks to keep you running on that hamster wheel. Blame players like >>389267149, >>389267257, >>389268092, >>389268359, they seem to be completely incapable of judging games in a series or distinguishing differences in gameplay. I bet most purchased Battlefront and are doing the same with the sequel. Kindly consider killing yourselves.
>>
>>389268970
BC1 campaign was pure kino.
>>
>>389269082
>anyone who disagrees with me can't judge the game!
>instead of providing counter arguments i'll just say le only oldfags (such as my self *tips*) know true gaming experiences!
>>
>>389268970

I'm the faggot who has been spending the thread shitting on BC1 but I really agree with this.

BC1 was ballsy and tried to make a wacky comedy game and dammit they pulled it off.

BC2 made the story too serious but with a cast of characters that didn't work at all. They should've doubled down on the comedy not abandoned it.
>>
File: 1381961597351.jpg (6KB, 196x204px) Image search: [Google]
1381961597351.jpg
6KB, 196x204px
>>389269539
>counterarguments
I'm agreeing with the arguments this anon >>389266661 made, why would I post counterarguments? Maybe you nu-BF defending redditors should post a rebuttle against things in that list and the post you responded to.
>>
>>389265169
I will never understand why people like bc2 so much now. back when it came out no one really liked it, most people played cod
>>
File: 2142.jpg (144KB, 800x1127px) Image search: [Google]
2142.jpg
144KB, 800x1127px
>download and play 2142 again
>100x more fun than BF1
>>
>>389269757
Yeah but all of his ""arguments"" have been completely destroyed.
>>
>>389269757
>nu-BF defending redditors

Are you a le oldfag too?
>>
>>389270014
This post >>389267257 is the only one that attempts to have a conversation. The rest are low quality shitposts by people who probably started with BF3. Those are the people in the BF audience now.
>>
>>389270659
>post shit like "only I know good games" you are all reddit plebs xD
>expects serious replies

be honest, are you autistic?
>>
File: 1430578376493.jpg (59KB, 522x583px) Image search: [Google]
1430578376493.jpg
59KB, 522x583px
>>389271394
>post shit like "only I know good games" you are all reddit plebs xD
And where have I done that? I've backed up all of my claims for why I dislike newer BF games, and all you've said is "haha nice reference le oldfag" and projecting your autism. How mad are you that you can't downvote all of these posts right now? Stay mad, little bitch boi, enjoy eating shitty shooters from EA ad nauseum. And remember, you chose it that way.
>>
>>389271918
right here >>389269757

LOL
>>
>>389271394
>have no arguments to make to defend shit games
>resort to ad hominem
Like clockwork. Never change, faggot.
>>
>>389272057
I made that post after listing my arguments here >>389269082 and supporting what this anon said. >>389266661
Is this really that hard for you to follow?
>>
>>389272115
>insult people
>WTF DON'T INSULT ME I'M TRIGGERED

LOL
>>
File: 1501272940468.gif (400KB, 349x555px) Image search: [Google]
1501272940468.gif
400KB, 349x555px
>tfw BF3 is going to be Games with Gold later this month and might get to play with /xbox/
>>
>>389272234
yeah but you did do that right there, soooooooo

BTFO?
>>
File: 1435363561582.gif (863KB, 277x300px) Image search: [Google]
1435363561582.gif
863KB, 277x300px
>>389272057
>>389272282
Epic rebuttals, how's your first summer on the chanz going? Don't forget to screencap for /r/4chan on your way out, gotta get dat karma! xD
>>
>>389272373
Damn you're a badass. How long have you been here?

Also yeah dude reddit sucks am I right? haha
>>
>>389272470
Thanks for confirming you have no interest in actually discussing video games. Not a single one of your posts has addressed anything about the topic at hand or my original post of criticism. Remember. just because you're anonymous here doesn't mean you have to act like a huge shitposting faggot. This is the last (You) you'll get from me, you earned it. Have a nice day, anon, and best of luck with your sophomore year tomorrow.
>>
>>389272470
Ha ha yeah!

Go back to reedit, you keks!
>>
File: Yall-Got-Any-More-Of.jpg (10KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
Yall-Got-Any-More-Of.jpg
10KB, 306x240px
>>389268901
so nobody is going to buy me Bad Company 2? you cheap fucks
>>
>>389271918
>And where have I done that?
>Maybe you nu-BF defending redditors >>389269757
>Kindly consider killing yourselves. >>389269082
>How mad are you that you can't downvote all of these posts right now? Stay mad, little bitch boi, enjoy eating shitty shooters from EA ad nauseum. And remember, you chose it that way. >>389271918

>I've backed up all of my claims for why I dislike newer BF games
>The series has been nosediving since, and it's painfully obvious why to anybody who isn't underage or has a brain.
How is this an argument?
>The time-to-kill has been bastardized
Takes longer to kill someone in BC2 than it does in B2 or 2142. Unless it's a snipe, then it's the same time to kill.
>classes mean jack shit and lately only encourage lone wolf GOTTA GO FAST gameplay
So every class can repair now, or revive, or fix tanks? Damn didn't know that was a feature in BC2. What in your opinion makes classes mean something? Maybe provide an argument?
>and the series is as bloated and full of meaningless unlocks to keep you running on that hamster wheel.
Been that way since B2 but that's a good one right?
>>
>>389272723
Well see I did make reasonable posts but then you came along telling people how only a badass such as yourself knows true games, and how everyone should kill themselves if they like BC2. Why would I reply to your shitposting with serious posts?
>>
File: whines.png (169KB, 263x363px) Image search: [Google]
whines.png
169KB, 263x363px
>>389265169
Bad Company 2 may have a smaller player count per match, but the levels being funnels ensured constant action with no down time. The Attackers had one direction of attack, the Defenders had one direction to watch out for the Attackers, there was no bullshit, no filler, complete the objective and kill faggots who get in your way. This is why even with 24 players compared to 64 in every other Battlefield, it was still one of the most enjoyable.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.