[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Random shit happens while you press forward >Until you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (72KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
72KB, 460x215px
>Random shit happens while you press forward
>Until you go through the game 10 times or more and learn the maps
Why do people like classic Sonic games again?
>>
>>389256492
>Random shit happens while you press forward
Nigger, it's in 16:9 now. If you're running into shit it's your own fault, and if you think that Classic games should just be one giant piece of flat level where you can "just go super fast xddd" then you're retarded. Better than the shitty fucking hallway levels from the boost games.
>>
>>389257228
The game is full of random hidden hazards that teleport you from place to place
>>
>>389256492

Have you considered that other people mileage varied and they did not have the same issues as you?

Have you considered that the fact that you experience was bad was because you, as a player, came up short?
>>
File: catch_the_ufo.jpg (205KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
catch_the_ufo.jpg
205KB, 1280x720px
You aren't really supposed to go fast until you have a good feel for the map. It was fun for me to play these levels blind just taking it slow, and trying to optimize for time afterwards. You'll be rewarded for exploring the map.

Pic related is the best part of the game
>>
>>389256492
sounds like you're shit
>>
>>389256492
Every stage has obvious tells though. Even in the worst of it, in Sonic 2's metropolis zone, you are always alerted to danger areas by the stage design itself before you actually reach them. Hell, I never actually played as far as metropolis zone until last week, but after beating mania, everything became incredibly obvious. If you're not paying attention though; that's on you.
>>
>>389257954

>You aren't really supposed to go fast until you have a good feel for the map.

That's fucking bullshit, I blazed through the game just fine on my first run. Sure I took hits but it was nowhere near a problem.
>>
>>389257954
>You aren't supposed to go fast until you have a good feel for the map

True to some degree, but not entirely so. You're still quite able to maintain a decent clip even without stage knowledge; you're just not supposed to blaze through at light speed until you know the stages. This is why the classics and advance 1 are better designed than Advance 3 or Rush. They don't typically have bottomless pits for much of the game, or cheap means of crushing you for making minor mistakes. They have things that'll trip you up, but if you run into them, it's generally because you got ahead of yourself and tried to mindlessly roll at fullspeed, not because you were going moderately fast. This is also why sonic's running speed has an upper limit, whereas his rolling speed is uncapped.
>>
I had fun with the game and i 100%'d it, but it doesn't take away that a lot of random shit happens that demands you replay the levels a lot of times a learn how they work, the gameplay is basically trial and error.
>>
File: v plays a video game.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
v plays a video game.webm
3MB, 854x480px
I want to say this is bait but it probably isn't
>>
>>389258534
>That demands you replay the levels a lot to learn how they work
Are you fucking retarded? You seem like the type of faggot that didn't know that you could clear away the fire in Oil Ocean with the switches.
>>
Just hold down dude holy shit lamo
>>
>>389259203
shh don't tell them our secret, it might blow their minds. Anything other than holding right is too much for them
>>
File: 1499716429469.png (10KB, 205x204px) Image search: [Google]
1499716429469.png
10KB, 205x204px
>>389258705
Where the fuck is this from
>>
>>389258705
>>389259409

Gaming Journalism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=848Y1Uu5Htk

Original video's title: "Cuphead demo at Gamescom: It isn't easy"
>>
>>389258705
Ah that was painful.
>Valvebetatester.webm
>>
>waaaaaah why cant i stop running into things

why does every complaint about sonic games boil down to it being too hard? just don't run into spikes for fucks sake its a game for children.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.