[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does all the criticism of this game boil down to >REEE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: C9UsFoUXgAIqNKH[1].jpg (114KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C9UsFoUXgAIqNKH[1].jpg
114KB, 1200x675px
Why does all the criticism of this game boil down to

>REEE IT'S NOT QUAKE LIVE!!!!
>>
my issue isn't with the champions, it's other stuff like simplified item timers, no tiered armor system, lackluster netcode and underwhelming weapons.

but.. i appreciate that they did something else, because they can't make another q3 no matter how hard they try, a good one that is.
>>
File: improved sacrifice.jpg (473KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
improved sacrifice.jpg
473KB, 1000x1000px
>>389257102
the item timers are only in the casual modes, so it's ok. Newer players can understand that it takes 30 seconds for the mega/red to respawn. As for the armor system, I'd like to see the medium green shields give 50 instead of 25. Rockets do need work, though.
>>
Shitty netcode and bad performance are the real big issues.
>>
>>389257349
Netcode is decent, but I'm no expert. Performance is great considering how old my PC is (and still get ~120FPS)
>>
Loot boxes
>>
"it's not quake live" is a good argument when QL has mods and a server browser
>>
>>389255935

Didnt the same thing happen with Quake Wars? Yet Quake Wars was fucking amazing?
>>
>REEE IT'S A MOBA!!!!
>>
>>389257634
Quake is a huge clusterfuck of a series anyway
>>
>>389257537
Netcode is awful, you see rockets hitting people and doing 0 damage, lightning shafts directly on top of enemy players for secodns and nothing happening etc. The performance is also pretty bad, memory leaks, having to restart the game every 3 or so matches, changing settings from high to very low doing literally nothing to impact FPS and so on. Game runs between 90~120FPS no matter what I change the settings to, including externally with Nvidia control panel.
>>
>>389257291
i meant timers as in both armor and mega are 30 seconds, instead of 20 and 30 or whatever.
>>
>>389257634

Quake wars was a battlefield clone that was better than battlefield
>>
>>389258346
It's based on Enemy Territory, has nothing to do with BF.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.