[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ thinks about modding skins and textures in a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG-20170903-WA0151.jpg (259KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170903-WA0151.jpg
259KB, 1600x900px
What does /v/ thinks about modding skins and textures in a game instead of using hacks?
>>
File: 1188689230692.jpg (236KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1188689230692.jpg
236KB, 1280x1024px
it is actually pretty Boss
>>
>>389255315
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>389256081
Instead of using mods to enter the modifiers and get infinite life or infinite money, use mods only to get a new perspective for you and maybe your viewers if you had some.
Maybe I used wrong the "hacks" word.
>>
>>389256301
You got quite limited knowledge of mods, do you?
Have you ever even heard of TCs, and what's your take on them?
>>
>>389255997
I see what you did there.
>>
>>389256481
Nope. It'll be cool if you explained me what you said briefly.
>>
>>389256585
"Total Conversion" is a term people used already some 20 years ago for major overhaul mods, that are practically brand new games, made using another one's engine and modding tools. Tons of these were made for everything from original Wolfenstein 3D, to Half-Life 2.

Some examples for former and latter: WolfenDoom, Underhell: Chapter 1.
>>
>>389256876
I did know about Wolfenstein3D being a DOOM mod, but I didn't know how that process was called. Thanks anon, you are cool.
>>
File: Wolfen Doom new - caco.png (321KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfen Doom new - caco.png
321KB, 620x388px
>>389257113
>I did know about Wolfenstein3D being a DOOM mod
it's not.
There is a DOOM mod FOR Wolfenstein, and also a Wolfenstein mod for DOOM.

The minimum requirement for a TC is a set of brand new maps and visuals. The more content and logic alterations there is, the better.
Remaking / demaking other games on potentially weaker engines used to be a thing many people loved trying years ago.
>>
>>389256876
You could give Counter-Strike or Day of Defeat as examples. Mods that later became separate games and one of them is as much influential, if not more, as core game.
>>
>>389257830
You remember me the Team Fortress scenario.
First, CS was a modified version of Half Life
Then, Team Fortress was created as a modified version of CS, later becoming it's own game. Funny.
>>
>playan MGSV
>everything turned off
>FPS view mod
>trying to takedown a fully armoured guy
>cant see him
>only hear him breathe and his footsteps
there is nothing wrong with perspective mods, skins, adding weapons, retextures and model replacemnts. although people do abuse this freedom in some games to have an unfair advantage, liek that one video with L4D2 and how you could make objects textures see through and basicall have wallhacks
>>
>>389258312
>TF
>modified CS
it was a quake mod
>>
>>389258694
Everything in my life is a lie.
>>
>>389258312
Team Fortress was Quake mod. Then TF devs joined Valve, and later they added new Team Fortress for HL in a patch.
>>
>>389258891
So that's the meaning of my confusion. Interesting.
>>
UT had that "realistic" style mod, can't remember the name. Urban something i think. anyway shit was cash. Used to play it at work in my old job using customers server hardware to host dedicated servers.
>tfw left one running by mistake and it was running a public server for 6 months.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.