[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autism from fanboys aside, is pic related's competition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 18

Autism from fanboys aside, is pic related's competition healthy for the video game industry?
>>
so on that pic you have 1 last gen console, 1 current gen console and 1 last gen console

/v/ - Retards
>>
>>389254359
Switch is the least powerful
>>
>>389253907
MS dropped the ball hard (it could be even argued they never actually held the ball properly in the first place). They should use their money better in order to try to properly compete with Sony.
>>
>>389253907

I don't know if you can say it's the fault of the competition, but there have been some really bad habits the industry has picked up with this three-way fight:

1.) Paid-for Online Subscription Services have been normalized
2.) Releasing broken games and fixing them with patches later (if they sell well and the publisher deems it worthwhile) has been normalized.
3.) Micro-transactions, DLC, Loot boxes, and other predatory methods of squeezing the last little bit of cash out of "Whales" has been normalized.

If there are more feel free to mention them. But I have a hard time thinking of what positives the competition between these three companies has netted us, the consumer.
>>
>>389253907
Yes, everytime one of them win hard, in the next generation they try to put some anticonsumer shit.
>Sony: the ps3 was pricey as fuck and lacked games that the ps1 and ps2 had.
>microsft: xbone 360 won, then the most anticonsumer console came.
>nintendo: won with wii then the wii u fiasco came.
>>
>>389253907
PS4
>"cinematic" games that you can't tell apart from each other or remasters, few good titles are weeb shit
XBOX
>Minecraft, titles for autists and retards, literally no one uses that console other than normies and casuls
Switch
>shitty underpowered handheld trying to compete with real consoles, only one "good" game that is already on Wii U and on PC, needs to port 6 year old Skyrim to stay relevant
Anyone who says that consoles are not killing gaming is a fucking retard.
>>
>>389253907
>pic related's competition

there is no competition, just three autistic children slap-fighting each other. this is probably the most disappointing console generation
>>
>>389255661
PC
>decent sims, counteless of shitty indie games with a few golden nuggets scattered here and there that eventually get ported to the consoles anyway
>>
>sega comes back with new console
>atari comes back with new console
>fuck it ford decides to throw their hat in the ring for no reason
>samsung decides to join in
>>
>>389255962
It's more like this
Nintendo turns arrogant and confident and releases the Wii U which backfires horribly since they expected third parties to just show up
Xbox One has a fucking retarded debut which downturns its PR
PS4 didn't do anything idiotic so it wins immediately, Sony then becomes confident and barely releases any games.
>>
>>389255661

>switch is an underpowered handheld

Uh.. Did you mean home console?
>>
>>389256234
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Old Sega's death was the single worst thing to ever happen to the industry. Ever since then, everyone has been really wary of trying new things too much.
>>
>>389254723
People who are genuinely interested in next gen super graphic games (which honestly imo have lost taste to me now), should get a PS4 and be happy.

People who want something different always get a nintendo. It's why Nintendo sells.
>>
>>389255661
>underpowered handheld
How is the most powerful handheld ever made an "underpowered handheld"? Which handhelds are you comparing it to?
>>
>>389256282
Which bites them in the ass in 2017, when Nintendo regains humility and focus, and straight up murders them in the next gen.
>>
Fuck no. Nothing Microshit did for the industry was healthy. You really think they were for the better to have paid online?
Because faggots ate that shit up, the others followed suit and created their own paid online.

It's because of Microshit that I'm literally PC-only and a pirate. There is no way in hell I'm going to support anything that needs to have a secondary fee just to play multiplayer.
>>
>>389255441
>xbone 360 won
only ameritards think this, both consoles sold nearly completely equally even with the ps3 being released 1 year later
>>
>>389256648
Their marketing has been better and the games they have been releasing are shaping up to be better than most of the Wii U's library.
If they focus their efforts on a single system instead of two like the previous years they would have a vast quantity of exclusives
They still have their quirks though such as the borderline inane idea of a voice chat app but things are shaping up for the better until they get smug again and then the cycle just repeats
>>
>>389253907

Yes. Playstation is kind of dominating right now and totally abusing their power. I'm starting to prefer nintendo, but there's no doubt normies are flocking to PS and it's horrible for the industry because they've basically only got one other company competing with them who's hardware cant run multiplats.
>>
No, because there's not enough of it. Only Nintendo is even trying to carve out its own niche, Sony and MS are complacent as all fuck this gen and it shows in their libraries and especially these mid-gen "upgrades" basically screaming that they half-assed it back in 2013, as if we didn't all already know that. I guess they're fine as multiplat boxes if you can get one on the cheap and don't want to invest in a PC but consoles have definitely fostered healthier competition than this before - just look at SNES vs. Genesis and the legacy that precedes those consoles. Absolutely fucking cutthroat, but they were both damn good consoles representative of two companies at their A game. None of that's going on now, though.
>>
>>389253907
competition is good in any industry
>>
Honestly, MICROSOFT should just go the way of SEGA and bounce out of the console space.
>>
>>389257025
Aside from power, Genesis SEGA relied on marketing, celebrity games, peripherals which were failures, and quantity over quality in their first party exclusives.
It still worked though and helped gave the consumer better games
>>
>>389257237
>he's actually trying to start a 16 bit Sega vs Nintendo console war in this thread

You absolute madman, I almost gave you a serious reply!
>>
>>389257076
Microsoft only got its way due to Halo pushing it forward.
Aside from that, their first party games weren't as popular or synonymous with the exception of Gears of War or Fable.
Right now, Halo's in a rut after what 343 did to the series.
>>
>>389257709
Had MS been smart, they would have tried to money-hat dying Sega by binding them as a 2nd party publisher/developer.
>>
>>389257862
Had MS been smart, they would have used Rare IP's more efficiently
Only time they were used correctly was with Killer Instinct 2013 and Rare didn't even develop that
>>
>>389257076

I agree mostly because of what they seem to value these days. They don't really seem to care about exclusives in any real capacity, let alone console exclusives that would actually push units. They're absolutely treating the Xbox brand like a fifth wheel and I cannot for the life of me figure out why they're keeping it up. It's like they have no passion for it compared to supporting Windows 10, like it's some sort of tedious obligation they have to fulfill with smiles on their faces. I have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with the Xbone, I really don't.
>>
>>389257237
>quantity over quality in their first party exclusives.
You sure you aren't getting Sony and Sega mixed up here? Sega's first party games were even higher quality than Nintendo's.
>>
>>389254723
>>389256536
People who actually want to have fun playing video games, and focus on gameplay and replayability over everything else, will almost always get the Nintendo product.
>>
>>389258031
>Super Metroid
>Super Mario World
>A Link to a Past
>Yoshi's Island
>Super Mario Kart
>F-Zero
>Star Fox
>Donkey Kong Country (1-3)
>Super Mario RPG
>Earthbound
>Killer Instinct
>>
File: 1500341603412.jpg (94KB, 555x550px) Image search: [Google]
1500341603412.jpg
94KB, 555x550px
>>389253907
competition is good, but this companies suck.
>sony
mostly made movies, some good games like bloodborne every 2 years or so, in rest remastered and walking simulator
>nintendo
have 2-3 good games, the rest are ports from wii u or 6 years old game.
>microsoft
mostly sport games, forza and halo and also on PC

So yea, this generation suck,i have a pc and ps4 and want to buy a switch, but this generation let me down, no really good exclusive, maybe just 5-6 on this 3 platforms , increase price for online,a lot of remastered games and the last one, a lot of fucking political correctness.
>>
>>389257862
They tried but Ballmer killed the plans because he didn't want Xbox to be associated with a "Failed" brand. J Allard wanted to invest in Sega like the Sony/Square deal (MS wanted a bigger stake though. About 25% though Sega would take anything) so Sega would make exclusive Xbox games. Gates approved it but Ballmer wouldn't. Apparently it lead to one of Gates and Ballmer's legendary shouting matches and Gates backed down because Ballmer was the only stumbling block left on his passion project at the time (They eventually won over Ballmer). So they arranged a deal where MS would up front the cash for a number of Sega exclusives that would help Sega stay afloat. Along with Nintendo helping fund a quick port of Sonic Adventure 2 to enhance their launch line up and other collaborations. Sega stayed afloat.

It was more a case of trying to put the Xbox on the ground without issues since they had shareholder heat from Day 1.
>>
>>389258650
>>Star Fox
>>Donkey Kong Country (1-3)
>>Super Mario RPG
>>Killer Instinct

Not first party.

>>Earthbound
Literal trash.
>>
>>389258640
Wii U's droughts crippled that
Nintendo barely supported it in its first and last years
Them adapting to HD made development slowed down completion as well
>>
>>389253907

Yes

PS4's success made Xbox make the Xbox One X

Xbox 360's online made PS4 charge of online with better service

The negativity Nintendo has been getting for the last 5 years is causing Switch to be a succeee getting more unique games announced and people are still buttmad about it
>>
>>389258730
Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for clearing that up, anon. Allard was smarter than Ballmer it seems.
>>
>>389258802

Hopefully they've gotten that out of their system with WiiU and actually know how to develop HD games now. Nintendo's a little slow on the uptake with these sorts of things but it'd be nice to see the ol' factory running at peak efficiency again.
>>
>>389258950
At one point Allard was considered next in line for the CEO job at MS when Ballmer retired. Then Zune happened. He left and started his bike company. Though supposedly he was still an advisor to Ballmer and is currently an advisor to Nadella as well.
>>
>>389258650
>Revenge of Shinobi
>Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
>Virtua Racing
>Virtua Fighter 2
>Galaxy Force II
>Castle of Illusion
>Golden Axe
>Phantasy Star IV
>Quackshot
>Streets of Rage 2
>Shining Force II
>Sonic the Hedgehog 2
>Sonic 3 & Knuckles
>Ristar
>>
The switch is its own thing only sony and microsoft directly compete with each other.
>>
>>389259490
Consider this
Nintendo had to support two systems and had to make two new installments of the same franchise for both of them (Mario Kart DS/Wii, NSMB DS/Wii, etc)
now they can take all that energy built for two and put it in one system
>>
>>389257076
>bounce out of the console space.
3rd party wont let that happen, the existence of Microsoft is what let em happily ignore Nintendo without giving Sony a Monopoly
>>
>>389258640
Except that most people don't want their stupid fucking gimmicks.
Seriously, why couldn't they just make a normal system with good games.
>>
File: 1503140572896.jpg (28KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1503140572896.jpg
28KB, 290x290px
Competition is always healthy. Period.
>>
>>389261910
somewhere, someone in the 80s said the same about the NEW controller, then about shoulder triggers, etc etc etc, innovation its not a something you plan it always stick, is something you try, release on the wild and hope it settles well. retards like you are nothing buy stagnated looser
>>
>>389262293
There isn't a reason to buy consoles anymore.
Please don't equate flimsy tablets to actual innovations.
Continue to use mommy's credit card to buy half assed products because of blind brand loyalty.
>>
>>389253907
No, remove sony and it's healthy
>>
>>389262891
ill keep buying Nintendo products as long as it gets games I like that can only be thre, is not rocket science, Muppet
>>
>>389257076
they're necessary. without MS, sony can go full retard with the console market, and the only other place to go would be the underpowered nintendo.
unless atari is a legit competitor, MS must stay
>>
>>389256889
>They still have their quirks though such as the borderline inane idea of a voice chat app

Don't forget new games will require a memory card to be fully playable because Nintendo not only lacks the capacity to put voice chat in their console, they also couldn't put enough storage in it.
>>
>>389261440
I would say that only Sony and Nintendo are competing with each other because they're the only ones with a unique platform for games. The Xbox now is just a locked-down, underpowered PC.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-03 at 01.04.26).jpg (42KB, 383x331px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-03 at 01.04.26).jpg
42KB, 383x331px
>>389263486
im Glad Switch allows any kind of memory card, instead of Nintendo being full jew and lock the system behind a proprietary card that goes for 4-5 times market values
>>
File: 1482562085744.jpg (59KB, 641x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482562085744.jpg
59KB, 641x640px
>>389263723
>Sony and Nintendo are competing with each other because they're the only ones with a unique platform for games. The Xbox now is just a locked-down, underpowered PC.
>The Xbox now is just a locked-down, underpowered PC.
>Sony
>unique platform for games
>>
File: 1375772675895.png (2KB, 265x455px) Image search: [Google]
1375772675895.png
2KB, 265x455px
>>389253907
Not when companies form trusts to screw over the customer together

>"Hey, I'll charge for online if you do so the fans don't hate any of us relatively speaking and we make more money XD"
>>
>>389253907
No because they focus on exclusivity rather than improving.
>>
>>389263723
You're a fool if you think that's true. People who buy nintendo products will always buy nintendo products, they're a completely different market.

Sony and Microsoft compete across the same people, I enter a lot of homes in my profession and people are incredibly loyal to one or the other. Those that like Xbox love the xbox and can't imagine having a playstation with its controller and vice-versa
>>389263748
As a switch owner, I still find this undefensible. It's literally like you're saying "well at least they're not fucking us in the ass with the big giant rubber dildo" It's 2017 there is no reason why your product can't have adequate storage.
>>
>>389264206
>As a switch owner
aaand opinion discarted
>>
>>389264328
Yes owning a switch shows that I'm not biased against nintendo. I'm not shitposting just for the sake of it.
>>
>>389264206
>It's 2017 there is no reason why your product can't have adequate storage
Everyone has micro-sd cards these days so it's not a problem.
>>
>>389264489
>Everyone has micro-sd cards these days so it's not a problem.

It's a problem, stop giving nintendo slack 'cause they're nintendo.
>>
>>389264412
1) you are wrong, the extra card is cause games dont fit in Switch 32 GB

>BUAAAa, Its Nintendo's fault other companies cant into compression!!! BUAAAA
>>
>>389264614
How is it a problem? It has capacity up to 2TB and micro-sd cards are cheap as fuck.
>>
File: 1503518650981.jpg (577KB, 1158x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1503518650981.jpg
577KB, 1158x1300px
>>389253907
Yes and with all three companies now all doing well it will force them to one up each other.
Of course braindead fanbois that cling to one system like a baby on a tit will say otherwise. But that type of person matters not.
>>
File: Coco what the fuck.jpg (79KB, 658x475px) Image search: [Google]
Coco what the fuck.jpg
79KB, 658x475px
>>389264614
How poor are you you cant afford an SD card? Most of us buy extra storage for our Ps4s and Xbox Ones anyway.
>>
>>389264489
That's not really the point, though. Nintendo released a console and within a year have recognised that they didn't put enough storage in the system for it to play some games properly. Just like with voice chat, you have to rely on third-party peripherals just to use the console properly. MS and Sony don't make you buy (or use something you already own) to make the games you buy with their system playable. I guess you could say paid online, but Nintendo does that too.
>>
In theory, it should be. But it feels like nobody is really competing. They're just trying to play it safe and squeeze people out of their money in shady ways, like a paywall for online multiplayer. And there's a ton of focus on shit that has nothing to do with video games, like social media, streaming, and Achievements/trophies.
>>
>>389264614
>It's a problem, stop giving nintendo slack 'cause they're nintendo.
>yeah, fuck companies, what is this shit that I need a house, and electricity to play games!!! REE!!!!
>b-but anon, everyone already has a house and pays for electricity
>STOP DEFENDING SHITTY PRACTICES!!!
>>
>>389265289
>Xbox
>Doing well
It's pulling a Shu
>>
>>389253907
Nintendo isn't competing, they're trying to dig out a niche to avoid competition.
Sony and Microsoft no longer have anything going for them since just about everything is multiplat now, leaving us with "cinematic experiences" from sony and Gears of Halo 5 from MS.
>>
>>389265509
The difference is that games will run perfectly fine regardless of whether you upgrade your PS4's HDD. With some games on the Switch, you have to use a microSD card for it to work properly. The console cannot perform the basic functions built into other consoles without additional peripherals. What's next, a memory cart so you can run Zelda at 30fps?
>>
>>389264694
Yeah having 32 gigs in a modern system isn't atrocious.
>>
File: 1494685580708.jpg (62KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1494685580708.jpg
62KB, 533x533px
>>389265576
What are you retards talking about? Micro-sd cards and the storage in Switch are infinitely better than old hard drives in the other consoles. You say it's a problem but you still haven't explained why.
>>
File: 1501905472716.png (50KB, 428x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501905472716.png
50KB, 428x256px
>>389266313
>I-I totally need 500GB when games dont need 4 hours installation, I NEED EM!!!
>>
>>389264694
Yeah having 32 gigs in a modern system isn't atrocious.
>>389265679
False equivalence. It's more like being sold a product you assume is fully functional, only to find out that the former owners hid a lot of problems with it. It's not the end of the world, but the difference between Sony and Microsoft is I can have multiple games installed at the same time 500 gigs is plenty, hell even 100 gigs is workable. 32 is laughable.
>>
>>389254961
What like outselling the pro with the one x?
>>
>>389266490
>False equivalence
>>
File: 360x480bb.jpg (60KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
360x480bb.jpg
60KB, 360x480px
>>389266490
You dont need to install games on the Switch.
>>
File: 0oR8bQx.gif (493KB, 361x214px) Image search: [Google]
0oR8bQx.gif
493KB, 361x214px
>>389266490
So your argument is that micro sd cards are bad because they're not free?
>>
File: where have i heard that before.jpg (939KB, 2055x1125px) Image search: [Google]
where have i heard that before.jpg
939KB, 2055x1125px
>>389265679
>yeah, fuck companies, what is this shit that I need a house, and electricity to play games!!! REE!!!!
Drones never change.
>>
>>389266342
I explained to you why it's a problem:
MS and Sony don't make you buy (or use something you already own) to make the games you buy with their system playable.
>>
>>389267095
Except they use older technology and you think it's better because it's cheaper? The Switch can't even use old hard drives because it's a portable, dipshit
>>
>>389267348
Maybe Nintendo could add more flash memory to the system if that's what they need to do. Maybe they could bundle a memory card with the console?

They are passing the responsibility for their lack of foresight onto you.
>>
File: 1503116404739.jpg (244KB, 789x941px) Image search: [Google]
1503116404739.jpg
244KB, 789x941px
>>389267491
It's optional because not everyone buys games digital. You're blaming Nintendo for giving customers freedom of choice
>>
>>389267694
No, I'm blaming them for screwing over consumers by severely limiting the amount of storage on the system, knowing that this would mean users need to use additional memory cards to make the console functional in the future. That's poor design.
>>
File: 1363206803013.gif (1MB, 172x162px) Image search: [Google]
1363206803013.gif
1MB, 172x162px
>>389267694
>Nintendo giving customers freedom of choice
>>
>>389267950
>I'm blaming them for screwing over consumers
I think you're getting them confused with Sony now. Easy mistake to make when you're 12 ;)
>>
>>389268202
They all screw over their consumers. It's just a matter of how blatant they are about it, and not having enough storage space in the console to play games is pretty blatant.
>>
File: OJchkxl.png (72KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
OJchkxl.png
72KB, 320x239px
>>389268712
It's not a problem for anyone buys physical so there goes the majority of casuals, and it's not a problem because micro sd cards are cheap.
>>
>>389256536
>>>389254723
>People who are genuinely interested in next gen super graphic games (which honestly imo have lost taste to me now), should get a PC and be happy.
The only reason to pick up a PS4 is a few weeb games and BB which is honestly the worst of the souls games
>>
>>389269070
>>BB which is honestly the worst of the souls games

Nice bait.
>>
>>389265857
it wouldn't be the first time nintendo does this, just remember the 64's expansion pak and SNES FX chip. But again, at least this time it's generic hardware most people already have
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.