[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any of you losers actually interested in this crap? It genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 19

File: cuphead.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cuphead.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
Are any of you losers actually interested in this crap? It genuinely feels like the most uninspired "lol souls" "retro-former" title ever made. The "personality" is just plagueiarising a really vague vision of what the original disney cartoons were like and most of the game is just screen clutter crap with no depth whatsoever.
>>
Your retarded use of buzzwords makes me want to buy it out of spite. It doesn't look like a bad game at all.
>>
>>389252742
How about we WAIT UNTIL THE GAME COMES OUT before judging it based on gameplay from like three levels? If you pre-order it, you're dumb. If you say it's shit before it comes out, you're dumber.
>>
>>389252742

Only issue I have is how shitty the actual weapon looks. It looks worse then a pea shooter, maybe it plays better then it looks, but I have never seen a run and gun game with a "gun" that looks that weak.
>>
>>389252983
Then you should play contra 4
>>
I can see how the art style and animation alone could be a selling point to someone. I can also see how the relatively simple core mechanics could be appealing to some people.

It does absolutely nothing for me though. I was never fond of these very early western cartoons (which I really think are the ENTIRE point of the existence of this game) to begin with, and I was never fond of this particular gameplay either.
So... no, I'm not interested in it in the slightest. I do wish the best on the team though, because they very clearly put a lot of hard work into it.
>>
>>389253253
>I can see how the art style and animation alone could be a selling point to someone.
This. the artstyle/theme is the best thing about the game. Other than that, it's a generic platformer.

How has this game been in development for so long too? Wasn't this shown like 5 years ago or something?
>>
I lost interest when microsoft decided to shoehorn in some shitty platforming sections to drag out the length of the game so they could save their holiday "lineup".
>>
good music, good visuals, tight controls, difficulty is just right, tons of colorful characters

/v/ will literally hate on anything
>>
>>389253335
It was solely a boss rush game at first but MS made them add actual stages and shit
>>
>>389253335
>How has this game been in development for so long too?
It takes an unholy amount of time to draw all that shit, also the programmers may be hacks.

And don't forget they listened to retards on the internet whining about the lack of platforming levels, so they had to make them.
>>
>>389253335
Well, because outside of doing good hand-crafted animation alone is pretty hard, it's because the only thing that the developers themselves had really though out was the damn art style. Which means that the game went through several MAJOR architecture overhauls in the process. Basically what they showed back then and what we should be getting sometime soon are two VERY different games. And plus I think there is a big fucking problem with combining good hand-crafted animation and making a high-precision input games too, and I think the developers under-estimated that and paid for it dearly.

But really - yeah, lack of actual strong idea of what the game is supposed to be like outside of the art direction is most to blame here.
>>
>>389252742
Im going to buy it and play it and probably like it cuz Im not faggot hipster trash.
>>
>>389252742
>no seriously guys how do I jump over this pillar
>>
>>389253573
>lack of actual strong idea of what the game is supposed to be like outside of the art direction
how fucking blind or stupid are you?

it's contra, but focused on boss fights. at the very start it was contra, but ONLY boss fights. Now it has stages. it's not a hard concept to grasp, and you must be willfully ignorant to pretend you still "don't know what the game is supposed to be like"
>>
>>389253105
>TFW I still pronounce it as sage knowing full well that it's sage.
>>
>>389252742

Watching the game in motion with everything animated at 60FPS looks bad.

If the devs really cared and had attention to detail, they could have the game running at 60FPS but they should have animated everything at a lower frame rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0TzhdEyol0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGmIhhMi8cg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxbFB7myZIw
>>
>>389253808
>how fucking blind or stupid are you?
You really should not be opening your posts with these kinds of claims when you then proceed to be absolutely and provably wrong, kid. It will get you called a child.

The fact that it was designed around pure boss rushes makes it nothing like Contra. It was - if anything - more similar to something like Furi. Ten or so boss battles with virtually no down-time between. No level traversal, no generic grunts, no platforming outside of what the individual bosses threw at you.

And all of that DID get changed. They added level traversal, they added platforming, basic enemies etc... Which is a MAJOR fucking change from the original vision, suggesting that the original vision wasn't very strong if the developers were willing to alter it so drastically. And that is what I meant: their vision wasn't particularly strong if they could pretty quickly start saying "well maybe we could and should end up doing something very different.
>>
File: Untitled.png (566KB, 703x721px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
566KB, 703x721px
Already pre-ordered on Gog, can't wait. It might disappoint a bit, but there's way it will be trash.
>>
>>389253404
Microsoft isn't even publishing, they're not calling the shots. The levels don't even look bad, you're just looking at them like it's a platformer, not a hectic run &gun.
>>
>>389254353
> they could have the game running at 60FPS but they should have animated everything at a lower frame rate.
Do you think they animated it at 60fps? It's on the ones, 24fps.
>>
>>389252742
>with no depth whatsoever
woah there, sounds like you're describing most games that were released this year but i barely see anyone complaining about that
the sole reason im buying this is for its nostalgic, classic cartoons artstyle, also its coop, and also its cheap as well
get bent
>>
>>389254365
So basically, you're upset because they expanded the scope of the game and added more content?
>>
I like it. Artstyle looks really cool. I don't understand the hate for this game. I feel like all the hype is being generated by the people who for some reason really want it to fail. It's just a fucking game.
>>
>>389254627

Maybe I need to clarify.
Watch this in 60FPS and tell me that the actual MOTION of the game doesn't look horribly wrong mixed with the choppier animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BTcGhOgQFY
>>
File: IMG_2211.png (908KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2211.png
908KB, 1334x750px
Guys how do I do this part?
>>
>>389254842
It looks good and people are excited for it so naturally /v/ needs to take the opposite position.
>>
>>389254740
I'm not upset because I never found the very idea appealing on any level. I honestly never really cared. And I don't know - or actually care - if the changes they made were benefiting the game nor not. A) it's hard to say because it's not out yet, B) it's also hard to say because we won't get to play the original "vision" to begin with, so most of our comparisons are going to be with an imaginary "could have been" thing, and C) I don't like the art style or either the original vision or the new take to begin with with, so I won't be bothering to play it anyway.

I'm just answering a fucking QUESTION you retard, one where somebody wanted to know why it was in development for so fucking long. And this is an answer that seems to be most logical and appropriate considering what we can find out about it.

Now go be insecure somewhere else you projecting pile of shit.
>>
>>389254935
Looks fine to me. And I imagine that where you're actually playing it it would look too choppy if they lowered it.
>>
>>389255053
>it's also hard to say because we won't get to play the original "vision" to begin with
Just only fight the bosses.
>>
>>389254842
There is quite a lot of obvious potential issues with it, and the development has been very troubled, so actually people being skeptical is I think fairly natural. Now add the fact that a lot of people people here are also just sad jaded cunts who are angry because it looks interesting and gets a lot of attention, and you'll obviously have an explosion of anger waiting to go off.

Game that does look like it may have some legitimate issues, AND people desperate to shit on things from principle - that is a guaranteed shitstorm around here.
>>
Wait so the original vision of this game was just a boss rush?
>>
>>389253335
But it's not a platformer
>>
>>389255053
>"It's a run-and-gun but with just bosses!"
>Everyone: What, no levels?
>"Well, it'll take some time but okay we'll add levels too"
>meanwhile on /v/: WOW WHAT THE FUCK THESE GUYS CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK THEY'RE DOING, THIS IS -COMPLETELY- DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THEY SHOWED, ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT RIGHT HERE
Why are you so desperate to hate this game?
>>
>>389255382
Yes, that is what they first pitched back in 2013 or so when it was first unveiled.
>>
>>389252742
It looks boring. Wish they took some cues from contra rebirth or gunstar heroes
>>
>>389252983
pew pew
>>
>>389255382
Yes. That's why it's taken so long to come out, they never originally planned to include levels but the fan response was pretty big so they expanded the scope of the game.
>>
>>389252742
No, but not for the reasons you listed. It's basic ass metal slug gameplay but without the different settings(desert, factory, underwater etc) and good sound effects metal slug has.
>>
>>389255492
Are you a legitimate shitposter? Can you NOT READ?

I don't hate the game. Fuck me, here are my thoughts on the game: >>389253253
What part of "I not saying that what happened was necessarily for the worse" did not get through your skull?

What part of "I'm not saying it's bad or good, I'm just providing correct fucking explanation of why it took so bloody long to release" is lost on on you?
>>
>>389255382
According to the devs they originally wanted to have stages, but scaled the game back to be realistic, then scaled it back up when they remortgaged their house and started working on it full time.
>>
>>389252810
weaponised autism
>>
>>389255321
Let's be real, /v/ would be shitting on it even if the development wasn't "troubled".
>>
>>389255728
>remortgaged their house
>to release a video game

I fear for them
>>
>>389255621
Gunstar Heroes is probably what they site the most as inspiration.

http://studiomdhr.com/what-kind-of-game-is-cuphead/
>>
In case any of you are wondering why /v/ seems to want a $20 indie game to fail of all things(one that clearly had a lot of love and hard work put into it), here are the companies that aren't getting it on their systems

1. Nintendo
2. Sony

Do the math.
>>
It doesn't look particularly fun anymore and it took too long to come out, so I lost interest.

>>389255492
>someone answers a question
>you desperately strawman them and personify them as all of /v/
Do you honestly believe you won people to your side with that post?
>>
https://youtu.be/iMkCIdGikmk?t=3m49s

Is this the dark souls of platformers?
>>
>>389255791
Eh, it seems to be getting enough attention, I think it will do well. Damn shame it won't come to PS4 or Switch though.
>>
>>389255753
Not necessarily, or at least not in quite as large volumes, I think. But yeah - I have absolutely no delusions about how much of it is just out of sheer stupid melevolence of this place.

But then again, let's also not pretend that it's just the people shitting on it at fault. Look at this absolute TRAGEDY of a human being >>389255492

/v/ is just full of insanely stupid people. It does not really matter what their particular feeling towards a particular subject is: they are just stupid about it either way.
>>
File: 1504449780887.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1504449780887.webm
3MB, 800x450px
What are some video games where I can be a gaming journalist for 18 years and have no clue how to play video games?
>>
The only reason there is any buzz around this game is the artstyle/animations. The gameplay is dull.
>>
>>389255965
Please tell me this is not a game journalist playing here
>>
The game looks cool and fun, but I wish it will come in the Switch only for the multiplayer, I don't use to play local multiplayer games in my pc
>>
>>389256023
The gameplay is Mario. Why do you hate Mario? Do you hate video games? Even normies like Mario.
>>
>every post trying to to defend this game for the past few days has consisted of "/v/ hates everything" or claiming that people who aren't interested are brand loyalists

Is this poor shilling or just one guy trying to piss people off?
>>
>>389255965
>vee makes fun of journalist with learning disability
>>
>>389252742
Looks ok to me.
You might be a retard, OP.
>>
>>389256192
No, those are just true.
>>
>>389256197

At least then he would have an excuse.
>>
>>389255965
Holy fuck
>>
File: Sw3kotomiend.png (4KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Sw3kotomiend.png
4KB, 320x224px
>>389254993
that's enough
stop
>>
Yeah, I'm actually going to buy a couple of lolconsole controllers and play this with my mate.
>>
>>389256297
Sure, buddy.
>>
>>389256192
People shouldn't have to defend this game at all, there's nothing offensive about it. Obviously there are going to be people that aren't interested in it and that's ok, but the way that people like OP are attacking it and trying to get it to fail is just bizarre to me.
>>
>>389255965
>asian man plays like this
Is this the equivalent to being black and having a microdick?
>>
>>389256114
But it's Contra.
>>
File: 1452867656565.png (395KB, 575x429px) Image search: [Google]
1452867656565.png
395KB, 575x429px
>shmup made by western pig devs who have no understanding of what made classic shmups good
>all they know is how to make western style cartoons

recipe for style over substance disaster
>>
File: cuphead.jpg (42KB, 1678x240px) Image search: [Google]
cuphead.jpg
42KB, 1678x240px
>buying a neogaf game
>>
>>389256539
It's not a shmup. /v/ is really having trouble with their genres when it comes to this game.
>>
>>389256026
"20 years of gaming" on his profile.
>>
>>389255965

Asians are good at video games, /v/ said...
>>
>>389256753
I'm pretty sure the Contra-styled games were originally called shoot'em ups too.

Run & Gun came way later.
>>
>>389256494
People these days are unable to accept that there are games that they won't like, and that this doesn't mean they're bad. It's especially bad on /v/ where everyone seems to think "I don't like it" means "It's bad and no one else is allowed to like it because I don't."

I'm not planning on buying this game because I don't really like platformers, but I sometimes keep up with it because I do like the art style and hope it does at least moderately well because of that.
>>
>>389255965
What bugs me most about this isn't that it took so long for him to figure it out, it's that he didn't even go through any of the correct motions a sane person would. He never tried jumping onto from the small block to the top of the big one, and he never tried using the dash but failed to clear the second pillar. He literally just stood there like a baby and mashed buttons hoping something would happen.
>>
>>389254993
Explain
>>
File: 6623968-3x2-940x627[1].jpg (85KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
6623968-3x2-940x627[1].jpg
85KB, 940x627px
>>389257156
>platformers
>>
RELEASE IT ON THE PS4 FUCK YOU ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>389256539
>shmup
youre serious aren't you
>>
File: 1455073430831.gif (95KB, 315x572px) Image search: [Google]
1455073430831.gif
95KB, 315x572px
>>389252742
>Mickey
>Megaman
>Contra
>Mario
>All together
I'm getting it.
>>
>>389257276
>austism
I do not like 2d side scrolling games where a large portion of the game involves jumping and moving to the right spot in order to attack a boss's weak point and/or avoid boss attacks. Especially when the gameplay seems to be incredibly genre-standard and the only draw is its art style.
>>
>>389255965
It's like watching a toddler trying to figure out which hole the square peg goes into.
>>
>>389252742
>"lol souls"
>plagueiarising
Dean Takahashi, please go.
>>
>>389257631
It's not autism when it's just categorically wrong. The game does not belong to the genre you said it does.
>>
>>389257480
Have you heard of this game called metal slug?
>>
>>389252742
Not even a single valid argument towards the game. Jesus christ, go fuck yourself and all your typical /v/ pessimism and hatred. You guys are so pathetic.
>>
op is a contrarian faggot that shoudn't deserve (you)s but is still getting some because it's the perfect bait on /v/
>>
>>389257249
Dean Takahashi, a games journalist, had a play session and couldn't get passed it after 6 minutes or so.
>>
>>389257787
>Someone who has admitted to not liking the genre or being interested in the specific game doesn't care what the specific subgenre the game fits into.
Wow.
>>
>>389252742
Yes, faggot.
Looks fun.
>>
No, and I don't understand the hype.

But this board also talks up Shovel Knight - pretty sure you're all just old hermits, so of course you only like old things.
>>
>>389255831
Add to that how, while the game is coming to PC, /v/'s PC community isn't a genuine one. /v/ PC community is just Nintendo drones being forced to have PC as a secondary videogame platform because no sane people can live off a diet of only Mario, Zelda and Smash.
>>
>>389258078
>subgenre
No dude. It's just the wrong genre entirely.
>>
>>389258029
To be fair, he wasn't a game journalist, more of a tech journalist. He doesn't review games.
>>
File: 1352285915139.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
1352285915139.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>389252742

It's hipster garbage.
The only interesting thing about it is the art, once you played it once you've seen everything the game has to offer. It has zero replayability.
As a matter of fact, it starts to feel quite obnoxious if you end up having to repeat a section a few times, especially the rag time music.
This game is destined to fade into obscurity along with other "quirky" one-trick-pony shit like Fez.
>>
>>389254532
except Microsoft made them stretch the game out and add in levels

so they are calling the shots it seems
>>
>>389258183
But neither of those games is old.
>>
>>389257204
That's the strangest part to me. No matter how bad you are at video games, something should click sooner than it did for Dean. At the very least, try something different. I can only imagine that he was trying to double jump and was confused as to why it wasn't working.
>>
>>389252742

There is a reason cartoons haven't been drawn this way for almost a century, it's clunky and looks like dog shit.
>>
>>389258318
actually he's been doing games for 26 years
>>
>>389255965
Sauce?
>>
>>389258332
>Microsoft made them

Source?
>>
>>389257804
Yep, beat all of them. No Mickey art style tho
>>
File: 5kaut5.jpg (6KB, 163x175px) Image search: [Google]
5kaut5.jpg
6KB, 163x175px
>PLAGIARIZING
>isn't plagiarizing at all
>>
Why do people hate on this game so much? I keep hearing about "Bland gameplay" or whatever but it doesn't look bad, you have an airdash mechanic and a parry mechanic which can make the game a lot more interesting if you're skilled enough to use them properly. What they really need to do is throw in some Metal Slug/Contra weapon pick ups and the game would look great. Right now it reminds me a lot of Gunstar heroes with 90% of the game being bosses. I'm just gonna guess people are hating on it because the default shot types look really lackluster.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 1309x204px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 1309x204px
>>389254186
me too
when I first understood what it does, I thought it was called "sage" it implies a wise person was doing it. kek
>>
>>389258421
There's a couple of moments there where you can just see him sitting, trying to think of what to do. It's kind of astonishing someone can have that low of an intellect past early childhood.
>>
>>389252742
>buzzwords the post
>>
>>389258235
So... Contra and Metal Slug aren't a subgenre of platformers and are entirely new genres? Pretty sure that a platformer with more shooting is still just a platformer.

4X isn't its own genre, it's a subgrenre of strategy games, for example.
>>
>>389258782
Supposedly it does have more weapons, you probably just have to play a bit further to find/get them.
>>
>>389254186

>SAHGAY ROSEMARY AND THYME
>>
>>389252742
Stfu i need my contra fix and konami is not delivering any time soon.
>>
>>389258754
It's a combination of classic chan contrarianism and the fact that it's a pretty standard platforming shooter that doesn't seem to be too difficult.
>>
>>389258329
>The only interesting thing about it is the art, once you played it once you've seen everything the game has to offer.
That's absolutely a fair point, but I don't see why video games time and again have special rules concerning quality. I buy art prints for way more money solely because they look good. Aeon Flux's entire thing was style over substance and it's still pretty highly regarded because of it. Hell, once or twice I've even bought a novel because of the cover art. I do love Mike Mignola.
>>
>>389252742
>Sonybros hate objectively fun gameplay
in other news, water is wet, sky is blue
>>
>>389258329
>anything that draws from older themes is hipster garbage
great argument
>zero replayability
at least wait until the game is released to make claims like this
>you have to repeat sections
yeah. getting better at the game = getting farther. God you are so fucking coddled by autosaves.
>it's quirky
of course it is. The unique art style is one of the big selling points you fucking mong
>>
i think the game will be challenging , hard,and it is the dark souls of platformer.
>>
>>389258329
>The only interesting thing about it is the art, once you played it once you've seen everything the game has to offer. It has zero replayability.
Isn't that basically every platformer/shmup/run'n'gun ever? You could say the same thing about megaman or super mario bros.
>>
>>389258782
Given that the guy vehemently claimed his poor playing was a 'social experiment' and said the difficulty was between 'mario and dark souls' all the while playing the victim card and begging for 'human kindness' when attacked, I think the dude really does have a childish mindset or at least does have a disability.
>>
>>389258954
Meant for >>389258754
>>
It looks like Gunstar Heroes but without any of the features that made it so satisfying to play. The art style is beautiful, but everything on screen is just too static. It needs slowdowns, impact sound effects, screen shaking, etc. Right now it just looks like a really beautiful game maker project.
>>
>>389258329
>making all of these claims when the game isn't out yet
Fucking end yourself.
>>
>>389259326

>You could say the same thing about megaman or super mario bros.

Only you couldn't, because those series pioneered everything from their mechanics to their game feel.
Cuphead is just taking mechanics that have already been done to death and slapped a new skin over it.
>>
>>389259151

>at least wait until the game is released to make claims like this
Go watch the game play they've put out.
It does nothing new. What amazing feature are you predicting that could possibly add replayability to this repetitive garbage? NG+? Kek.

>yeah. getting better at the game = getting farther. God you are so fucking coddled by autosaves.
God you are such an illiterate retard. I was saying the art, and especially the music starts feeling really obnoxious when you have to replay sections. In regards to mechanics it's just bland.

>The unique art style is one of the big selling points you fucking mong

Its the only selling point you fucking mong.
>>
File: 1277390916717.gif (554KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1277390916717.gif
554KB, 295x221px
>>389259728
And that somehow means you haven't seen everything they have to offer after beating them once?
>game feel
I've heard enough
>>
File: 1502112635471.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
1502112635471.png
56KB, 209x248px
>the same OP image
>the same webms
>the same filenames
>the same shitty "journalist" posts
>the same thing

How is this not marketing?
>>
>>389260004
Because it's 4chan, where every day is repost day.
>>
>>389260004
It's almost like threads about particular games are often visited by the same people.
>>
>>389259478

I'm going to screencap this so I can laugh at you when it gets an 80 on metacritic and everyone's forgotten about it after it's been out for 2 weeks.
>>
>>389259728
Not only is that a claim you are pulling out of your ass, but it's not even relevant even if it were true. Just because an older game and a newer game share mechanics doesn't mean the newer one has less replayability. Good game mechanics don't directly give you a reason to replay the game anyways, they just make the game more fun.
>>
>>389259976

>And that somehow means you haven't seen everything they have to offer after beating them once?
Mario and Megaman had more going for them than their art style. Cuphead does not.

>game feel
>I've heard enough

It's a technical term used in the games industry. Deal with it.
>>
>>389260004
Yeah, why isn't this another Splatoon or PUBG thread? fucking Sonyshills!
>>
>>389260140

The only thing Cuphead has going for it is the art. I know this term is overused, but once you have played the game once, you have LITERALLY seen everything it has to offer. You have SEEN all the unique art. Once you have literally seen everything in the game, you have experienced every fresh idea that went into it.

I'm going to say this one more time to make sure it gets into your retard brain. The only interesting thing about Cuphead is the art, to the point where it almost feels like the mechanics, the actual meat of the game, were an afterthought.
It is the epitome of mediocrity.
>>
>>389260370
>Mario and Megaman had more going for them than their art style. Cuphead does not.
That STILL doesn't mean that you haven't seen everything in Mario and Megaman after beating them once.

And "game feel" is a term used by morons who lack the critical thinking skills to describe exactly what it is they like about a game and why they like it.
>This game is good
>Why do you like it
>I dunno man it just has good GAME FEEL
>What's game feel
>You know, it's when a game FEEL GOOD
Either that or it's a copout term which loosely refers to the controls.
>>
>>389260795
I think it looks like it has fun boss fights.
>>
>>389260370
>It's a technical term used in the games industry. Deal with it.
This isn't 3rd grade anymore, people aren't going to believe you. Or does your dad work for Nintendo?

>>389260795
>Get called out that you made a bad claim
>Backpedal and just go back to saying the game is shit and I'm a retard
My post didn't even say anything about Cuphead, I was just saying your claim was bullshit. Your insecurity is showing.
>>
>>389260795
>The only interesting thing about Cuphead is the art, to the point where it almost feels like the mechanics, the actual meat of the game, were an afterthought.
Oh, you've played it? Surely you didn't just watch the first level on youtube and then comment on the entire game's replayability.

It's not about the replayability at all though, is it. What you're actually trying to say is "it doesn't look fun" but because you can't substantiate that argument you're just attacking something completely unrelated and then trying to act like the dumb shit you're saying holds any water. Wow, the game ends after beating it? What a fucking shocker, never seen that kind of thing before.
>>
>>389255965
watch, because of shit like this and howe most reviewers are, cuphead is going to be called "the darksouls of 2d platformers!"
>>
File: The Dark Souls of Dark Souls.jpg (2MB, 659x6973px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Souls of Dark Souls.jpg
2MB, 659x6973px
>>389261206
That's Super Meat Boy.
>>
>>389258318
He reviewed Mass Effect like 10 years ago and complained he couldn't finish it, called it Mass Defect. Turned out he didn't distribute any skill points since the beginning of the game and couldn't progress because of that.

Really activates the almonds about the state of this shit "industry".
>>
>>389260795
Unless if you somehow have a full copy of the game, your post is literally "I don't like the game so I'm going to make up stuff to make it sound like I have a legit argument to why I don't like it and so shouldn't other people"
Why not just say you don't like the game rather than saying things like "once you have played the game once, you have LITERALLY seen everything it has to offer. " like you've played through the whole thing so you can judge it?
>>
>>389261206
the guy from that webm has already said the difficulty is "between mario and dark souls"

whatever that means
>>
>>389260827

>That STILL doesn't mean that you haven't seen everything in Mario and Megaman after beating them once.

Which was your argument, not mine.

>And "game feel" is a term used by morons who lack the critical thinking skills to describe exactly what it is they like about a game and why they like it.
>Either that or it's a copout term which loosely refers to the controls.

No, it is a technical term that refers to the controls and mechanics of a game, specifically the user input and in game response, it is particularly applicable in 2D platformers.
If it triggers your autism is doesn't change the fact that it is actually used in the game development industry by game developers.

There are books that have been published that discuss and contain instructions on how to replicate the game feel of a mario game.
>>
>>389261329
true but meat boy isnt relevant enough for airhead reviewers to make that comparison

>>389261456
i saw that, the guy's a moron
>>
>>389252742
You're a fag
>>
>>389252742
Yeah I'm definitely gonna pirate cuphead and give it a go. I don't see it as a soulslike or a retro thing, and I don't see it as ripping off Disney specifically
But even if it was, Iwouldn't care. I'm happy to try out a new run n gun. If it sucks, no big deal. I'm happy it's getting released though, for a long time I thought it was dead.
>>
>>389252742
>levels
I thought this game was a boss rush?
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 627x232px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 627x232px
>>389261591
>true but meat boy isnt relevant enough for airhead reviewers to make that comparison

I dunno, Dean here seems to remember it.
>>
File: 1504444608729.gif (834KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1504444608729.gif
834KB, 400x400px
>>389252742
you know why I'm pissed??? none of that shit you just posted, but because it's only for xbox niggers and pc (I'd buy it for pc, but I like console co-op better)
BRING CUPHEAD TO PS4. FUCK.
>>
>>389252742
I like the aesthetics of the game, that old timey Disney look I think is neat. Would buy if I had an xbone
>>
So, what's with the cup?
>>
>>389261452

I've seen enough game play footage to be able to make a judgement. It's a Metal Slug clone with a quirky art style. Once you seen all the enemies and all the levels, you have literally seen everything interesting the game has to offer.
In terms of game play it does nothing new.
It's mediocre.
I don't buy games based purely on their art style, and anyone who does is a pleb.
>>
>>389261747
That's why the game's been delayed. MS told the devs they had to make levels.
>>
>>389261867
It's his head.
>>
>>389261782
im amazed
>>
>>389261793
>stillnogames.jpeg
>>
>>389261782
How does this guy even have a job?
>>
>>389261456

>whatever that means

It means hes a shit reviewer, as if the footage didn't tell you that already.
>>
>>389255965
If this was a minute and a half of him TRYING to get the jump+dash motion I'd be a bit more sympathetic, because then at least it's just execution problems. Maybe he's used to RPGs or FPS games, or the controller has a funny button layout or whatever. But this is him, mentally, unable to figure out what to do, despite having CLEARLY WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS. Like, how the fuck? My grandma could figure this shit out.
>>
>>389261907
MS doesn't tell them what to do, they're not publishing.
>>
>>389261949
yeah, but why? Kinda weird choice for a head. Is there any reason behind it or they just trying to be original pieces of shit?
>>
>>389262024
All my grandparents are dead and none of them could work out any vidya besides pong and missile command and pacman, you totally like triggered me or something man.
>>
>>389262104

They're just trying to be original pieces of shit.
And failing spectacularly.
>>
Is there a button you can hold so you can stay in one place and shoot diagonally? Or do you have to constantly walk forward if you want to do that?
>>
>>389262281
It's mapped to R1 by default, yes.
>>
>>389262281
Yes.
>>
>>389261513
It's not a real term you game grumps watchin fag lord
>>
>>389262359
>>389262368

Cool thanks. None of the gameplay videos I've seen showed people doing that but I just assumed they were shitters.
>>
>>389261060

>try to strawman
>fail
>DUR HUR DUR YOU'RE RETARDED.
>>
>>389262378

>IT'S NOT A REAL TERM COS I DON'T LIKE IT

Yes it is, and game grumps is shit. Faggot.
>>
>>389262378
I used to deny "game feel" for that reason, but I agree with
>>389259442 everything he listed is game feel related.
>>
>>389252742
You sound like you couldn't beat the tutorial.
>>
File: 1446346316049.gif (983KB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1446346316049.gif
983KB, 250x141px
>>389255965
>>
Cuphead looks like a fun Contra-style game. I don't expect it to be long or have much depth but I really enjoy those types of games and the artstyle is great.
>>
File: 741.gif (706KB, 393x720px) Image search: [Google]
741.gif
706KB, 393x720px
>>389261329
>SMT
>"the Dark Souls of Persona"
Consider me fucking triggered.
>>
>obvious bait thread
>200 replies
Never change /v/
>>
>>389255965
Reminder that this man's reviews affect the metascore of the games.
>>
>>389252742
It's obviously being shilled based on the average joe's suspicion of journalism.
>>
>>389255492
because jealous soniggas and nintenbros
>>
>>389258329
don't worry, you won't get it on your shitty system anyway.
>>
I tried the game at a con in Canada a lil bit ago, it's pretty fun desu

Devs are also nice dudes so I'm hoping for the best
>>
>>389260795
> but once you have played the game once, you have LITERALLY seen everything it has to offer.
Normal mode has an extra phase for every boss over easy mode, so who's to say hard mode won't have even more phases and therefore more art to view?
>>
>>389252742
you're the loser my friend
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.