[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The original Metroid II doesn't get the credit it deserves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg (71KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_II_US_boxart.jpg
71KB, 640x640px
The original Metroid II doesn't get the credit it deserves imo. You have people ignoring it because of AM2R and Samus Returns when in reality it's a really damn good game. Neither of those two remakes should keep people from playing it.
>>
>>389252201
>The original Metroid II doesn't get the credit it deserves imo.
Nintendo is making it the reverse cover art for Samus Returns.

What more do you want?
>>
the original metroid 2 still has the best use of environmental storytelling in the whole series

its also the only metroid game that makes you go 'oh shit a metroid'
>>
>>389252349
well I read his whole post (that's hard I know) and I'm guessing he probably wants people to play the actual game
just a hunch though
>>
File: th_G2ME01_05560617_14.jpg (858KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
th_G2ME01_05560617_14.jpg
858KB, 1024x1024px
Metroid II is a dissappointing sequel to the original NES game, which I personally prefer and believe to be the superior title.
>>
File: example.gif (922KB, 480x208px) Image search: [Google]
example.gif
922KB, 480x208px
>>389252387
>the original metroid 2 still has the best use of environmental storytelling in the whole series
>>
It's my second favorite after Fusion. AM2R is really a whole different game.
>>
>>389252201

If it makes you feel any better, Metroid 2 hasn't aged nearly as poorly as Metroid 1.
>>
>>389254537
AM2R kind of missed the point of Metroid II desu. Despite being really well-made it lost all of the spookiness and isolation of the original. It also completely blundered the most shocking moment of the original game.
>>
>>389255317
Which one do you mean?
>>
>>389255432
The sudden Metroid spike as you approach the queen's lair.

In the original, the counter in the lower right corner showed the remaining Metroids in the entire game, and to see it go up drastically from 1 along with the scare chord was a heart-stopping moment. In AM2R, the counter is always at 0 before entering a new area because it only shows you the remaining Metroids in the area rather than the whole world, so you're used to seeing the counter go up anyway. On top of that, in AM2R, if you press start, you can see the remaining Metroids in the world, and they already show you the remaining Metroids in the queen's lair before you even get there so the surprise of more Metroids being spawned is completely spoiled.
>>
>>389255724
Oh right, I remember!
>>
>>389255317
>it lost all of the spookiness and isolation of the original
It has about the same. Its just the original is on a black and white screen and everything looks the same.
>>
https://youtu.be/kRYEaOb_gfw

Monster Hunter Stories and Metroid 2. Gonna keep me busy.
>>
>>389257648
>full game
>11 minutes

Is this faggot having a giggle
>>
Been waiting for something like this for a while, but the Amiibo killed my interest. I want to support and play the game, but I don't even feel like paying full price for it, now. I barely even feel like playing it.

When are Amiibo going away? Because they're casting a dark cloud over each game they're a part of.
>>
>>389252201
>doesn't get credit it deserves
the past two years it has had the spotlight on the Metroid series you fucking dunce. Metroid 2 has had nothing but credit and attention
>>
>>389257648
Enjoy your lords of shadow
>>
>>389258028
You're still going to get a rewarding experience without using a single amiibo.
>>
>>389258187
you mean enjoy your Mirror of Fate, which despite the memes was pretty good. I am not expecting Samus Returns to be remotely as good as AM2R but I'm expecting it to still be great since the people developing it already proven themselves able.
oh and Lords of Shadow was Kojima's fault for pushing a 3D Castlevania adaptation on the people that made fucking Jericho but of course /v/ will dicksuck Kojima who is forgiven for doing every little shit decision for over a decade now
>>
>>389258480
AM2R was garbage the metroid fights are awful and not fun
>>
>>389252201
Why would i play that when i can actually aim on the remake now?
>>
>>389258480
>which despite the memes was pretty good
What is that even supposed to mean
Despite the memes?

It's maps were small. The puzzles were shite. The subweapons flat out weren't. The birth of Alucard was stupid. The final boss fight was a joke. The game was easy. THe pacing was simple. The backtracking was both arbitrary and unnecessary. Even in a vacuum it was a mediocre game.

But given that you apparently like it, I hope from the bottom of my heart that you get whatever satisfaction you can out of this game and it doesn't indirectly lead to your series dying like it did for mine.
>>
>>389258138
nah no one will actually go back and play the orignal, everyone just looks at it and goes "oh it needs modernization"

Likewise people overlook all the mechanics and powerups later metroid games aped from it in favor of dicksucking Super.
>>
>>389257979
They say that they can't stream review copies of games. So the gameplay is divided into shorter chunks. I doubt he'll upload the entire game footage prior to release.
>>
File: 1485596680679.jpg (602KB, 738x1309px) Image search: [Google]
1485596680679.jpg
602KB, 738x1309px
>>389258028
>amiibo
NOT EVEN ONCE!
https://youtu.be/RO7vdPHfNrc

Well, I actually do have some amiibos. But they were just fun collectables which I was craving to buy. Now I feel pressured into buying them (and I'd also need an NFC reader), so I can unlock bonus content that traditionally has been free with every Metroid game. And that feels wrong.
>>
>>389258591
Compare to the original they're masterpieces. And the games own original boss are great.
>>
>>389259135
Id rather fight the original metroids with careful and planned jumps than just crouch and fire in an angle like a madmad while tanking all the damage
>>
>>389252201
>when in reality it's a really damn good game.
It's not. It's fucking horrible stiff and clunky bleep bloop shit with atrocious gameplay and """music"""
>>
>>389253969
you wont get one people parrot that all the time and never go into specifics
>>
>>389258028

I have a 3DS XL, it doesn't even have an amiibo reader on it. I have to buy a stupid fucking 25$ add-on, plus the amiibo to get the Fusion suit.

I'm still going to buy the game but I wish there was a way to work around it. I'm sure someone will find a way to hack the Fusion suit into the game eventually... I hope
>>
I'm more than likely just going to pirate the game but buy it if the amiibo only bullshit turns out false like it did with unlocking UFO in Kirby: PR
>>
>>389258480
oh and Lords of Shadow was Kojima's fault for pushing a 3D Castlevania adaptation on the people that made fucking Jericho

https://www.videogamer.com/previews/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-interview
>He hasn't been involved in story at all, or the cutscenes at all. He might have said, you know that camera angle would work better like this.

As for Kojima's actual involvement
https://web.archive.org/web/20100916074339/http://www.ripten.com:80/2010/08/29/how-hideo-kojima-re-designed-gabriel-belmont-and-guided-lords-of-shadow-getsome/

Stupid shit like design and how white some characters teeth are.

I hold Kojima accountable, but you're off your rocker if you think this was solely on his soldiers. Mecurysteam went into this project full steam and from the very beginning it was them on the reigns. Furthermore when they had their own chance to shine completely autonomously they made LoS2. By comparison, Kojima's involvement (while bad) produced at least a serviceable game (if not a shit Castlevania) In LoS1

And mind you I have countless interviews on how they just lapped up the opportunity to make the next castlevania when Konami was open to it back in late 2007 early 2008. "pushing it on them" Fuck no. They wanted this for themselves.
>>
>>389259705
Forgot the last quote
>“If you want to biggest possible audience for your game, it needs to be in 3D. If we had stuck to 2D, Castlevania would have become a niche franchise. And you don’t want that for a series that has been around for so long.”

http://www.nisute.com/2010/08/30/konamis-dave-cox-on-castlevania-lords-of-shadow/
>>
>>389259229
Good thing you needed to do that then especially against the Zeta and Omega
>>
>>389252387
I'm not sure about the best, but it is still pretty good all things considered.
>>
Tried playing the roiginal NES Metroid earlier, holy shit it's fucking ridiculous even with save states. I quit on the corridor to Ridley's boss fight, where enemies load in every few steps and just hurlte at you before you can do anything at all. You can't dodge out the way bc you're in a narrow corridor, your weapon isn't poweful enough to kill them before they hit you.
>>
>>389252201
It wasn't even good to begin with.

Metroid II is the typical 7/10 game that aged like milk once the sequel (Super) arrived. You have zero reasons to go back and play the original as soon as you see Super Metroid intro. I tried to like it back in 1990s, I tried to like it now, it's just a mediocre game with all things considered.

The only good side about it is that you can fight all kinds of Metroids randomly, and it gives a bit of reason to explore the boring, barren maps.

>>389252387
>what is Super
>what is Fusion
>>
>>389262363
You should get the wave beam and gitgud
I can finish the game in 30 minutes
>>
>>389254669
Super = Prime = Fusion > Zero Mission > Prime 2 > Prime 3 >>>>> Federation Force > Hunters > Metroid 2 > Metroid 1
>>
>>389263217
Decent list.
>>
>>389252201
>You have people ignoring it because of AM2R
Are you on meth?
How can I play a remake of something while simultaneously ignoring what its a remake of?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.