[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christ, why the hell wasn't this game burned at the stake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Christ, why the hell wasn't this game burned at the stake? Literally all the charm of the first game has been stripped out in favour of bland shit.

>Music is garbage - either Outer Rim reuses, silence, or straight up reuses of NMH1 tracks (the only exception to this being Philistine)
>Levels are short as fuck
>Bosses are bland, boring slogs with no variety or strategy
>Or when there IS strategy (e.g. Letz Shake), it's so brainless it barely counts

I just got done with the Shinobu levels and fuck me is this a shit sequel. Has me dreading what NMH3 will be like.
>>
REAPER REAPER
>>
>>389250672
Suda didn't direct NMH2.
>>
Nah its better than the first
No useless map, fun minigames, better music and characters
>>
>>389250672

I found it to be way more fun than the 1st one.
>>
Now I have to listen to phillistine again
thanks
>>
>>389250849

Fat enemies ruined it for me.

>Game is designed around button mashing
>Guys with super armour punish you for not cancelling out and rolling away
>Except you can't dodge cancel so you have to resort to barely tapping A
>Alternatively use the big slow power weapon that ruins the flow of the game worse than Tsubaki mkII did
>>
>>389251190

I agree with that, but cutting on the barebones shitty overworld and the "so ironically boring that are actually genuinely awful minigames" made it so superior to its predecessor.
>>
It's a great game with the only major downside being an abysmally disappointing final boss.
>>
The game mechanic that's not explained to you in the games is insane. And then it's even fucking harder to do in the sequel.
>>
>>389250672
>No More Heroes DS
>Is on the Wii
>>
File: scareddoggo.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
scareddoggo.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>389250672

I don't understand why these games are popular or get sequels. They sell like shit and they're so basic it's like they're unfinished.
>>
File: 1402247679496.jpg (43KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
1402247679496.jpg
43KB, 329x399px
>>389250672
>Music is garbage
>>
>>389250672

>DUDE FIFTY ASSASSINS LMAO
>You kill like 40 of them in one fight
>>
Suda was only involved with the writing of 2, he didn't direct it.
NMH3 is the first game Suda is directing since NMH1
>>
>>389250672
>Bosses are bland, boring slogs with no variety or strategy
>Or when there IS strategy (e.g. Letz Shake), it's so brainless it barely counts

I'm not getting this part. At least in gameplay terms, the first game's bosses weren't fantastic or anything. It was just waiting for the vulnerable period then getting in a set number of slashes. Makes me think of Punch-Out when I put it that way.

In Desperate Struggle it's kinda the same thing but now bosses can get their guard broken for a another damage opportunity.
>>
>>389252894
Suda is saying he thinks it'll lead to an NMH3 but Travis Strikes Again itself is not a numbered title because it's something a little different. He wants Travis to be a big star so he has a bunch of ideas about what to do with him.
>>
File: 1484336340017.jpg (521KB, 2000x1866px) Image search: [Google]
1484336340017.jpg
521KB, 2000x1866px
>>389252558
Because, unlike the AAA scene, those type of games are made at cheap and with a hundred thousand copies, they not only haver their inverstment back, but also profits.
>>
It's better for the sole reason that they cut out that bland, boring, empty overworld that served zero purpose except to pad time.
>>
File: ACHIVOS.png (87KB, 538x119px) Image search: [Google]
ACHIVOS.png
87KB, 538x119px
All my rare achievements on steam are quite ridiculous and all happened at random.

In order:
>Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Don’t Try This at Home
Overload the Aztechnology generators before the alarm goes off.

>Killing Floor
Full Charge
Have 5 Breaker Boxes 100% repaired at the same time

>Hard West
Brimstone Killer
Kill a demon while your character is in demon form.

>Ultra Street Fighter IV
Double Feature
Initiative is everything! Surprise the enemy by using both Ultra Combos in a single Ranked Match!

>Killing Floor
But It's All Red!
Collect all 16 Z.E.D. Gun pieces

>Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Last Man Standing
Complete the Story on True West difficulty.
>>
I played this from start to finish yesterday and it was a fun game.
Fuck Batt though. Fucker made me cheat.
>>
TASTES LIKE SHIT!
>>
>>389253169

Not sure if Shinobu is the halfway point, but the bosses so far have been

>LOL I GOT TRAPS
>Random throwaway mecha fight with poorly explained mechanics
>A damage sponge heavy whose sole routine is tap A twice and roll away
>A fangirl who would be decent if she had more than a two move movelist
>Safe zones on a 3 second countdown: the boss
>World's most annoying verison of whack-a-mole
>An utterly fucked version of destroyman where, after killing one of the two, the other fucks about running away and letting you get maybe 2 hits in at a time

Compare that to Bad Girl, the beach commando woman or Henry and it's just so mindless.
>>
>>389252123
>abysmally disappointing final boss.
The thing is that it was intentionally disappointing. Though I don't know if trolling the player on purpose deserves forgiveness.
>>
>>389254447
>>Random throwaway mecha fight with poorly explained mechanics

Don't you ever dare to speak ill of this hilarious fucking scene
>>
>>389250672
Finish the game. The bosses get a lot better after this point. Until you get to the final one, of course.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.