[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the endgame so disappointing? Drop rates become retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: terraria.png (114KB, 800x458px) Image search: [Google]
terraria.png
114KB, 800x458px
Why is the endgame so disappointing?
Drop rates become retarded (1/2500) and balance is all over the place.
>>
agreed it gets boring very fast
>>
I haven't played since I think Planterra and the Golem were the newest boss additions, when the Stynger was the GOAT ranged weapon.

How much more content is there now?
>>
>>389249182
There isn't really much fun left. Duke Fishron is a good challenge, but I really hate the shitty events (Frost and Pumpkin Moons). The new endgame boss is retarded, you have to fight it with a cheese method like repeatedly Nursing yourself, and the leadup to the boss is a huge pain in the ass, fighting the Celestial Pillars takes nearly 20 minutes
>>
>>389249589
>>389249589
>you have to fight it with a cheese method like repeatedly Nursing yourself, and the leadup to the boss is a huge pain in the ass, fighting the Celestial Pillars takes nearly 20 minutes
If you have a shit build, that is.
>>
>>389249631
I used a yoyo build, using the 2nd best yoyo and beetle armor, it was still tough.
>>
File: Moon_Lord.png (163KB, 1023x888px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Lord.png
163KB, 1023x888px
Literally impossible
>>
>>389249104
used to be 1/4000, and you're an idiot if you think dungeon weapons are required to play the game, but I see through your thinly veiled bait and assume that you're just starting a Terraria discussion thread
>>
Beetle armor is garbage.

the way you beat moonlord is build a sky arena made of minecart tracks. he won't even be able to fucking touch you.
my problem is i hate building things in this game unless it's a linear track or stuff i can wire up.

mods are better because they add in shit that the community decided should have been in the game (like recipes for things that are stupidly annoying to farm, like ice skates or water walking boots)
>>
>try out thorium
>it's garbage that adds in a bunch of new materials and other tedious garbage for no reason
>haven't found a single crystal heart either, might have fucked up world gen or removed them entirely

Thanks for the recommendation /v/.
>>
File: terraria_moon_lord.webm (3MB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
terraria_moon_lord.webm
3MB, 750x422px
>>389250821
>>
>>389251353
I had this same problem with Darkest Dungeon. Every quest has a shitty reward from mods, replacing all the good rewards. Also, anyone here forced to play Terraria on console?
>>
File: 1487085263894.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1487085263894.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>389250821
>not being able to beat him solo without use of healing items

You're like a little babby
>>
>>389251353
i've been playing through Thorium. you gotta go to the ocean and see if your game generated the ocean depths, if not, it probably didn't generate the other shit like thorium ore.

but seriously, Thorium should be called Throwing Weapon overhaul because this is all it feels like it is, either that or everything is trash until you get to the post-moonlord thorium boss.
that dude is like 4 different bosses in one.

i'm afraid to fight the ocean depths boss because i hate underwater.

Thorium also buffs all the drop rates and rates of everything, you can tell.
>>
>>389251638
>i've been playing through Thorium. you gotta go to the ocean and see if your game generated the ocean depths, if not, it probably didn't generate the other shit like thorium ore.

It generated. But I've died every time I went to the ocean (ambushed by random shit, it's pitch black down there), and I have no clue what to do with thorium ore.
>>
File: poonlord.png (83KB, 435x199px) Image search: [Google]
poonlord.png
83KB, 435x199px
How can they get away with this
>>
>>389251868
Fucking build a thorium anvil, then make some gear. also save up thorium for later since you can mix it with other materials later for some neat shit.
>>
>>389251918
>a fuckable hand

the old ones are truly transcendent beings.
>>
File: 1498125547302.jpg (109KB, 595x599px) Image search: [Google]
1498125547302.jpg
109KB, 595x599px
>>389251918
By not being as autistic as you.
>>
>>389251868
thorium ore is just an extra ore basically, i mostly used it for fishing lure, if you don't plan on using the set and items, it's pointless other than as an ingredient for the end-game bar which is all the bars plus ectoplasm.

you can't play mods without sticking every single item in the guide's slot, get used to using the guide a lot.
also, i would get Fargo's mod. it generates an NPC that sells you shit to summon each boss and even as you beat them and is compatible with the top mods, Thorium, Calamity, etc.
invaluable for wall of flesh farming.
>>
>>389249589
>you have to fight it with a cheese method
if you're garbage/under-geared, then yes this is 100% true
>>
just about to start a new game with battle rods, are these are fun as they're hyped up to be?
>>
If you need an arena to defeat any boss in the game on Expert mode by yourself, you are objectively shit.
>>
>>389250821
just get the UFO mount, fight becomes easy
>>
>>389253031
I have it, but still getting my ass kicked. We're both moving so fast that I keep missing the leads with the bow, gonna try vortex beater with chlorophyte bullets now.
>>
>>389253028
no one really needs an arena, but a lot of people don't like to be as autistic as possible.

you could beat the moonlord with the static hook latched to the damn ground, just moving up and down or like someone said, with the UFO mount.

most people aren't wearing the right trinkets and using all the potions, that's their problem.
the best pots require fishing, unfortunately.
>>
>>389253280
Building an arena is more autistic though.
>>
>>389253239
that's what I used but I also had celestial shell, sniper scope and a ranged emblem all with 4% damage, I kind of had to gather every best pre hardmode item.
>>
>>389249104
More like mid game for me.

I played for 20 hours without any sort of external guide or wiki. But I eventually got stuck. Literally had no idea of what to do to progress until I looked at the wiki, discovered I had to do obscure shit to unlock most of the game content. Gave up. And that's ignoring all the drop rate and other RNG autistic shit. But what really bothers me is that building nice stuff for the town really doesn't matter at all. Completely lost interest.
>>
>>389251918
Vuffy Pulva
>>
>>389253525
>laying down some tracks is so fucking autistic
whatever dude. you're superior, happy?
>>
>>389253580
I have all that except the sniper scope, got like five fucking sniper rifles but no actual scope from those fuckers.
>>
>>389253709
I said more autistic.
>>
>>389253813
Yeah dude you're so cool are you satisfied now??
>>
>>389253813
might as well just say playing the game is autistic bro.
you win, you're god, the best.
>>
>>389253974
>>389254031
Why are you so offended by basic logic?
>>
>>389254154
>basic logic
>doesnt even explain why its autistic
Youre autistic
>>
>>389254274
MORE autistic, learn to speak retard.
>>
>>389249104
>game has space layer
>doesn' t do anything with it

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>389254154
holy shit i knew this was coming.
like clockwork.
>tfw pro 10/10 troll will just say any reply is you being mad
>>
>>389254154
>>389254389
so this is what the best guy in the world looks like
>>
>>389250821
UFO + Vortex Blaster + Vortex Armor + Chlorophyte Bullets + all kinds of ranged accessories
>>
>>389254521
>>389254561
>butthurt because you don't know how to speak english properly
>>
>>389254389
>doesnt explain and parrots insults that make no sense
>>
>>389254653
>will now just post "you're mad" and variations of it endlessly even though no one is mad

bro, i already said you're the best at this game, what's your problem?
>>
Why is hardmode so tedious? It is literally THAT PART in Terraria in every playthrough.
>>
>>389254653
yeah I get it you're anti-autistic we are autistic you're also the best in everything anon
>>
>>389254389
>>389254653
>speak text
>calling others retarded
>>
>>389249104
needs more Calamity mod
>>
Isn't there a mod that makes the drop rates more bearable?

I want to try one though I think I'll feel like it's cheating.
>>
>>389249104
so what are some mods that are actually good that you can try out if you already have 900 hours in vanilla game

last time i tried out mods they were a mess balance wise and implementation was buggy and half assed
>>
>>389254973
it is cheating. if you're that bad at videogames just look up how to make biome grinders
>>
>>389254870
imma do Calamity next mixed with Thorium. you get attached to some of these items.

>>389254973
Thorium. but it's hard to know exactly what's being changed.
>>
>>389255262
Thorium, Calamity. Avalon was good, but it's out of date.
>>
>>389255561
do i play the individually or just download them all and they stack. i've seen people have multiple mods at once, like rpg mods, class mods and thorium etc
>>
>>389255897
they all stack and are compatible for the most part.
i don't like playing progression stuff like Thorium and Calamity on top of each other initially because it's a clusterfuck of shit thrown at you.
better to learn one first, then layer them on top of each other.
>>
There's nothing wrong with the drop rates. The only thing wrong is that balance goes to crap after Plantera since Golem is piss easy and you can rush the Pillars and their weapons rendering all the other events and the dungeon irrelevant outside of curiosity.
>>
File: 20170904115216_1.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170904115216_1.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
I win
>>
>>389256869
i wanna know what people are actually talking about when they complain about the drop rate.
AFAIK, the only thing with a 1/4000 rate is the Lucky Coin and that's farming bullshit.
the OP ass yoyos all drop like hotcakes and they made solar eclipses too easy to access. they used to be rare as a motherfucker.
>>
File: 1503787593544.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
1503787593544.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>>389253613
You mean hardmode? The guide always gives hints of what you should do next, the guide is invaluable in terraria. It is possible to go through the entire game without the wiki.

But yeah droprates are painful at times. Building nice stuff usually isn't my thing so that didn't bother me at all.
>>
>>389257207
See? Told you to use the Vortex Blaster.
>>
Play with mods, it's so fun and refreshing.
Quality of life mods like magic storage and boss hp bar.
And total overhaul mods like calamity and thorium brings new life and tens or hundreds of more hours into the game
>>
>>389257395
I failed the first couple times like that but this time I managed to get a huge lead on him. It doesn't make sense. Nearly every attempt I would just start moving left before he spawned, but this time I was way ahead. He even had his tongue attached at times so it wasn't that.
>>
>>389257698
Can't blame you, it also took me multiple times to kill the Moon Lord for the first time.
Most bosses in Terraria can anyway only be beaten by kiting or using other cheap mechanics.
>>
I wish that sense of exploration didn't die after hard mode. By that point there's almost no cool places to discover and you're basically just grinding for mats

They should've added a Moon zone or something
>>
>>389255402
But I've made grinders and gotten all of those items before. How does this have anything to do with skill.
>>
>>389249104

All the patches kept adding new shit and most of it was made available a lot sooner than it should have been. The mech bosses used to be a pretty big deal but now you can shit all over them in a single night with the storm bow and holy arrows.

It's my only real complaint - so many old items are hilariously outclassed by the new shit. It started pretty early too - with all of the "alternative" ores being better than the original in pretty much every way.
>>
>>389258093
yeah, yoyos made using anything else pointless as melee unless it's one of the tard spears.
fishing is like a separate progression path for the game. it gives you an ownage ass sword pre-hardmode, a pickaxe equiv to the molten pickaxe, frog leg, basically replaces spelunking and sky islands.

the game needs wayyyy harder water creatures and the spawn numbers need to be bumped up and revert the nerfs they did to the hallow/corrupt creatures.
>>
>>389253613
>obscure shit
Three NPCs tell you what to do
>>
>>389249104
I'm near the start, unspoiled mostly. The comet dropped and I don't know what to do or if I'll continue. I guess I should just keep smashing the crimson altars
>>
>>389259343
you want to push into hardmode. only way to do that is kill the wall of flesh.

pre-hardmode is just prepping for underworld/hell. once you get obsidian skin potions, hell becomes trivialized because you're basically just safe under lava while you mine hellstone.
learning the potions is the most important thing for a new player.
always save clay for clay pots and keep all the herbs and seeds you pick up.
>>
File: cute girl and cow.jpg (200KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
cute girl and cow.jpg
200KB, 500x493px
Is there a single Terraria-like game that is actually good?
What about Starbound, it's still getting updated right? hated that first crytal boss though
>>
>>389258845
"real" melee has always been dogshit in terraria and the devs know it because every melee weapon worth using from hardmode onwards is actually a fucking magic spell or a boomerang that scales with melee damage

magic is cool but fairly high demand on what accessories you need to not blow through your mana bar in a couple of seconds (also mana regen pots are basically essential)
guns are retardedly good from hardmode onwards and only get better once you get armors with stealth mode to straight up double your DPS plus you can just spend an hour or two mining chlorophyte and have enough bars to make bullets for a lifetime
>>
>>389259746
Instead of clay pots you can also use planter boxes that you buy from the dryad for seeds and herbs. A new type unlocks for each of the prehardmode bosses. You can technically plant any type of plant in any box, so it is mostly for aesthetics and organization
>>
>>389260000
my go-to was always ranged, bows specifically. but yeah everything you said is true. i mean, mana pots are so fucking mandatory that there's a trinket that will auto consume them for you.

>>389260732
dryad takes too long to appear, clay is usually right below your spawn point.
>>
>>389261295
I usually don't think to much about making potions until after i have killed a few pre hardmode bosses. Although I should probably make it earlier because potions makes everything so damn easy.
>>
>>389261651
yeah making them is one thing for sure, but saving the shit, most people might not do that.
oh and remember to use the alchemy lab when you make them, will proc more free ones (just like my WoW alchemy, lel)
>>
>>389261295
the actual mana potions aren't super important especially since they kill your magic damage if you drink more than one before the mana sickness debuff runs off

the mana regen potion that passively increases your natural regen rate is a necessity for prolonged casting since your mana regen rate is based on how much you currently have. if you drain your bar to 0/200 then it starts regenerating extremely slowly and gets faster as it climbs higher.
mana regen pots give a passive +5 per second or whatever regardless of how empty or full your bar is so it greatly increases the speed you can refill your mana bar from 0% to 100%

what I found was more important for a magic user later on was the handcuffs that gave you mana back when you took damage instead
>>
File: Logo.png (15KB, 486x142px) Image search: [Google]
Logo.png
15KB, 486x142px
Anyone remember this?
>>
>get Nebula Armor
>build a stupid little bunker with all the shit
>able to solo Moon Lord with only a few buffs pots while barely moving at all on Expert
why is magic always so op
>>
>>389262039
yep, handcuffs for sure. they were synergizing too well with the phantom set too, whatever that shit was called that gave you life drain.

>>389262238
magic has retard levels of damage. you can toast shit. i miss the magnetic sphere/rainbow gun build.
>>
>>389260000
There are some good melee weapons like certain spears and the Arkhalis. More swords should've swung like Arkhalis, and anything that didn't should've had the Brand of the Inferno's parrying. Shit like the Hatchet and Vampire Knives just shouldn't exist under the melee tag. They're ranged weapons with melee tier defense and no bullshit like spending on Chlorophyte bullets or mana conservation.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.